recognize that medal hunters foeing u. defeats to be abuse

Suggestions that have not stood up to community review.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Re: recognize that medal hunters foeing u. defeats to be abu

Postby The Voice on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:52 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:Regulating the foe list is a slippery slope. I shouldn't have to defend my reasoning for adding someone to my personal foe list. I'm strongly opposed to this idea.

Of all suggestions, why did this one make the twitter feed?

I routinely browse this forum because I believe it doesn't get nearly as much love as it should. However, many suggestions are duplicates or versions of previous suggestions. This one stood out to me in its uniqueness. While I've not formed an opinion on the matter one way or the other, I feel it's worthy of a discussion.
Colonel The Voice

Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby macbone on Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:02 pm

OK, so what's the issue here? Player A has Players B-ZZ foed, and is opening up a ton of games on all the same settings, so other games aren't filling up because all the non-foed players are joining Player A's games and none of the other players' games are filling? I could see how that would be annoying. I wouldn't say it's abuse, but if it reduces the enjoyment of a significant number of players, that isn't cool. How many games are we talking here?
Major macbone
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Location: Looking out over Victoria Harbor, thinking about Middle Earth and how good my wife looks
Medals: 76
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (9)
Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (7)

Postby agentcom on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:37 pm

HardAttack wrote:
agentcom wrote:I don't really care how people use the foe option. And I don't really want mods having to figure out why people are foeing other people. Do you really want to play games with people who have you foed? There are thousands of players and several times that more games on this site.

The answer is simple my friend,
Assume that you are an assassin game type lover. Assume that there is another fellow, trying to get to assassin gold via creating massive number of games in assassin setting. Ppl who dont create but join in games, in the case they will like to join in some assassin games, they will find a place quick in the medal hunter's many games, and since medal hunter foed you, you will not be able to take ur seat in those games.
If you try to make your own assasin games, then you will not find enough numbers of players to fill games or your games gonna get filled in ages since there are many other assasin games created by the fellow who foed you.

This is the abusive side of the matter, on the other hand just like you, i dont care who foes me too. But here, the abuse is irrelevant with you care or you dont care anyone if s/he foes you or not, but the core point here the one who foes you for medal hunt simply cuts your gaming pleasure down in an indirected way.

Feel free to ask me for more detail if this above points i made didnt come enough.

Cheers

I've never thought of it this way. It started to make me think maybe I was incorrect about something <gasp!> Fortunately, greenoaks was there with the answer demonstrating that I was right all along :D

greenoaks wrote:feel free to create the games you want to play.

as that other player continues to foe his pool of players becomes smaller and his games fill slower.

as that other player continues to foe the pool of players looking for a game they are not foed in will grow and your games will fill quicker.

it is a win/win for you.

Kidding aside, I think both raise good points. HA, I think that you should consider greenoaks opinion as a sort of silver lining to getting foed by these folks. They're probably waiting for about as long as you are to get their games filled. And now they are drawing from an ever shrinking pool of applicants.

I still believe that foeing should be an entirely personal decision and that there should be no (zero, zip, none) oversight on how foeing is used.
Major agentcom

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (8)
General Contribution (2)

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:28 am

I'm sorry, but this would be near impossible to police, as the player in question would simply just give another reason to the foeing. The foe list is there for using as you wish. Should we punish users for foeing cooks, just because they are cooks?

Rejected.
Sergeant 1st Class TheForgivenOne

Medals: 82
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (6)
General Contribution (11)

Previous

Return to Rejected Suggestions