Identical new games.

Suggestions that have not stood up to community review.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Re: Limit the number of duplicate games

Postby Pirlo on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:26 pm

greenoaks wrote:public games do expire.

a common behaviour due to the pages and pages of games waiting to be filled is to create a lot at once. some will fill early but the rest will progress to the front where you hope some will fill before they expire.

This is news to me... I used to have games waiting for +2 months to fill and they never expired?
Major Pirlo

Medals: 118
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (26) General Contribution (2)

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:11 pm

Pirlo wrote:

a common behaviour due to the pages and pages of games waiting to be filled is to create a lot at once. some will fill early but the rest will progress to the front where you hope some will fill before they expire.

This is news to me... I used to have games waiting for +2 months to fill and they never expired?

Public games do not expire at all. Private games are the only ones that can expire.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Major Bruceswar

Medals: 141
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (19) Training Achievement (6) Map Contribution (1)

Postby Pirlo on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:29 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
Pirlo wrote:

Public games do not expire at all. Private games are the only ones that can expire.

this is what I thought.. Thanks for confirmation!
Major Pirlo

Medals: 118
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (26) General Contribution (2)

Postby agentcom on Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:14 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
Pirlo wrote:

Thanks for clearing that up.

MERGED with your identical suggestion. The new Join a Game page reduction (collapsing identical games) should lessen the problems that the OP is concerned about.
Colonel agentcom

Medals: 71
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (8) General Contribution (2)

Return to Rejected Suggestions