Rank Restricted Games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Rank limitations for games

Postby drunkmonkey on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:10 pm

Orange-Idaho-Dog wrote:There's obviously enough push from the community to make this happen. I think the Admin's should think up some sort of option to accomplish something similar to what is wanted, since they don't seem to like our ideas.

You could plaster this on about a hundred suggestions in this forum. Sucks, doesn't it?
Major drunkmonkey

Medals: 88
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (9)

Postby Orange-Idaho-Dog on Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:54 pm

Yes but see, we put the money in their pocket that makes CC run, and probably gives Lack a nice paycheck... After all, he wouldn't run ConquerClub for just a hobby. This is one of the suggestions that has been brought up over and over and over again, there is more than enough support to get something put into place.
Looking for a clan? Click here to send me a PM and find out how to join The Underworld! *Selective Recruitment*
Sergeant Orange-Idaho-Dog

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby BoganGod on Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:48 pm

Orange-Idaho-Dog wrote:I've read a few of the other Suggestion threads for similar ideas. Weather or not this particular idea gets implemented, I don't care. But I'm really tired of being in games against low ranks where I have absolutely no chance to win, all I can do is sit there and watch my points disappear.

Some sort of limitation needs implemented, I can guarentee I'm not the only one fighting for it, and I'm not the only one that would use it.

I'd like to hear from some higher rank players, no offence intended to those who have posted already. I just want some opinions from the players who would use this option the most, if it was implemented.

Been suggested multiple times in the past. Don't think it will ever happen. Rank is often no real indication of skill. For example I'm slowly working towards my freestyle gold. So joining available freestyle games. Yourself and an even lower ranked partner handed me my arse quickly and decisively. You earned 41points for it.

Do you really want to deny people the chance to pull off a win like that? Once you reach a certain level, say from 1-150 on the Scoreboard, if you choose to play mainly private rank restricted games it gets pretty boring, playing the same people again and again. Also with the way medals are set up, you need unique defeats.

If your tired of being in games against "low" ranks which you have no chance of winning... Play fog, join the games not create them. Join one of the +1600 callout threads/groups they operate on a standard pw I believe.

Please stop beating this old sad rank restriction drum. How many times does the question need to be asked, and receive the same response before the answer sinks in.

It was NO, the last time it was suggested, and the time before that etc........

There is already a form of rank restriction in place, ? marks can't join team games, and some maps. Some tournaments are rank seeded, or have a rank requirement. There are plenty of callout threads, and social usergroups for ranked games. Rather than regurgitate old failed suggestions be more selective with the games you play. :)

Well thats Uncle Bogan's advice column for the day :lol:
Major BoganGod

Medals: 90
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (13)
Tournament Contribution (10) General Contribution (3)

Postby BoganGod on Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:52 pm

Orange-Idaho-Dog wrote:Yes but see, we put the money in their pocket that makes CC run, and probably gives Lack a nice paycheck... After all, he wouldn't run ConquerClub for just a hobby. This is one of the suggestions that has been brought up over and over and over again, there is more than enough support to get something put into place.

Somethings are already in place, see above post and quit beating a dead horse! :roll:

The idea of communism has been brought up time and time again, and even implemented..... Now how did that turn out? A vocal minority posting the same thing frequently, does not = a logical idea.
Major BoganGod

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (13)

Postby Orange-Idaho-Dog on Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:02 pm

I get it Bogan, the chances are extremely thin of it happeneing... But it will never happen if you don't keep pushing for it.

The limitation for ranks I suppose has nothing to do with skill, you're right. It would simply limit the amount of points earned or lost in a single game.

BoganGod wrote:Been suggested multiple times in the past. Don't think it will ever happen. Rank is often no real indication of skill. For example I'm slowly working towards my freestyle gold. So joining available freestyle games. Yourself and an even lower ranked partner handed me my arse quickly and decisively. You earned 41points for it.

Do you really want to deny people the chance to pull off a win like that? Once you reach a certain level, say from 1-150 on the Scoreboard, if you choose to play mainly private rank restricted games it gets pretty boring, playing the same people again and again. Also with the way medals are set up, you need unique defeats.

The default setting for games being made would be "No Limitation" meaning games like the one you described would still be quite possible. I'm not saying this has to be a setting for ALL games ever made, I'm saying at least make it an option.

I can assume that when I get into a 3 v 1 situation on round 1... That the players know I will give the most points (terminator) or be the biggest threat (standard). So in that case their rank is deceptive, but read the above.

I suppose it's not critical to have, but would be a very nice feature all around. Like I've said before, even if it is implemented, I would still play public games, just not as many as I do now. There will still be plenty of players setting up public games, along with the occasional Colonel farming "noobs" on a difficult map.
Looking for a clan? Click here to send me a PM and find out how to join The Underworld! *Selective Recruitment*
Sergeant Orange-Idaho-Dog

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby BoganGod on Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:19 pm

Orange-Idaho-Dog wrote:I get it Bogan, the chances are extremely thin of it happeneing... But it will never happen if you don't keep pushing for it.

The limitation for ranks I suppose has nothing to do with skill, you're right. It would simply limit the amount of points earned or lost in a single game.

BoganGod wrote:Been suggested multiple times in the past. Don't think it will ever happen. Rank is often no real indication of skill. For example I'm slowly working towards my freestyle gold. So joining available freestyle games. Yourself and an even lower ranked partner handed me my arse quickly and decisively. You earned 41points for it.

The default setting for games being made would be "No Limitation" meaning games like the one you described would still be quite possible. I'm not saying this has to be a setting for ALL games ever made, I'm saying at least make it an option.

I can assume that when I get into a 3 v 1 situation on round 1... That the players know I will give the most points (terminator) or be the biggest threat (standard). So in that case their rank is deceptive, but read the above.

I suppose it's not critical to have, but would be a very nice feature all around. Like I've said before, even if it is implemented, I would still play public games, just not as many as I do now. There will still be plenty of players setting up public games, along with the occasional Colonel farming "noobs" on a difficult map.

Think about the old people who aren't that good with technology. More options = more confusion. CC is hosted on multiple servers at present which aren't working that well in sync.... Why add to the problem. It is possible as I pointed out to rank limit games if you prepared to put in less effort than you have expended flogging this dead horse and violating its corpse(figuratively speaking of course, wouldn't want you to think me coarse). :lol:
You've admitted it is not critical to have. I'll admit it could be useful, and will whole heartedly concur on it not been critical. I would much rather see 10,12, and 15player games implemented. That would be fun :)
Now I would hate to think of you as a one trick pony. Looking forward to seeing you next ORIGINAL suggestion :) I know you can do it.

ps steer clear of 3 and 4player term, and standard games. Unless you like moan fests. People threatening to foe other people, breaking fog, trying to convince the others to attack out on each other.... <yawns> the points earned aren't worth the bs in the chat box.
Major BoganGod

rating limits on private games

Postby ccatman on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:01 pm

Concise description: i think there should be an option in private games that allows you to put a rating limit on who can join. This will allow people with the rating selected to join even though its private but still let people below the rating join if they join by an invite

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments: This will allow users to make a private game knowing only good players will join making an exciting game for them.
Also another idea is to have a rating range (something like 800-1200 only can join) so that lower ranked players can prevent high ranks from coming in there games so that the lower ranks dont have to play with people way above their skill level
Colonel ccatman

Medals: 56
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: rating limits on private games

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:06 pm

Okay, this has me a little confused.

A) It's private. You require a password to enter Private Games. so how would a high rank player get into a lower ranks private game?
B)
This will allow users to make a private game knowing only good players will join making an exciting game for them.
This is what the private games are for... They require a password. You can easily post on the Callouts forum, that you are looking for players with X+ amount of points, and have them PM you for a PW. OR you can PM a bunch of high ranks with the password, and ask them to join if they want.
Sergeant 1st Class TheForgivenOne
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Medals: 82
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (6)
General Contribution (11)

Postby ccatman on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:09 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:Okay, this has me a little confused.

A) It's private. You require a password to enter Private Games. so how would a high rank player get into a lower ranks private game?
B)
This will allow users to make a private game knowing only good players will join making an exciting game for them.
This is what the private games are for... They require a password. You can easily post on the Callouts forum, that you are looking for players with X+ amount of points, and have them PM you for a PW. OR you can PM a bunch of high ranks with the password, and ask them to join if they want.

well i dont have many people to invite to them and this way it just fills up without me asking random people if they want to join
i think its easier this way
Colonel ccatman

Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:13 pm

Not that hard to post in Callouts either...

This reminds me a lot of the "Rank limit" suggestions that have come by. Or Score limit. And i am pretty sure each time they had been rejected. But this was a long time before i became a mod in here.

Hmmm, i'll go search and see what i find.
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (6)

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:14 pm

Yep.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47216

Been suggested and rejected numerous times
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby ccatman on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:20 pm

hmmm well i hate pming a bunch of random people with games invites i think games would fill up faster this way but i can understand why its been rejected
Colonel ccatman

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:26 pm

Alright

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=62216&start=1350

That is for 2000+ games.

That's about all the advice i can give you. The Callout forum is your friend.

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=31

That is the callout forum in general
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:53 pm

With that, i am moving this to Rejected
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

enable only certain ranks to join new games

Postby trevor33 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:01 pm

i'm sure this has come up before, can you post a link to the thread if it has? thanks.

anyway i'd like to set my games when creating them so only certain ranks can join them, i'm sure it's not too much to ask. how many times have you created a game only for a couple of new users to come and play only a couple of turns then leave? or a clueless cooks who joined your game only to ruin it for everyone with some mindless play?

no offence to them but i only want to play people around my level (or greater) as they are usually much more enjoyable games.
Colonel trevor33

Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (9)

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions