- Help newbies protect themselves against farmers and hostile comments by adding Rank/Point Filtering
- Add an option when creating games which defines the minimum and maximum rank a player must have to join that game.
- Add the same option when searching for games to join.
- Maybe add this option not so much as a restriction but as a proposal, so players know if they are welcome or not in a game, and can decide if they wanna join even if the other players don't want them there.
How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
- When I first joined this site, I avoided joining games with lieutenants and above, sometimes I joined a game, and later, when it started, I discovered with horror that a high ranking player had joined the game. This could have been avoided with a rank filter which would have allowed me to see what kind of players would join.
- The first few months I was part of this community I got involved in games with high ranked players, and messed up their games by making bad moves, this, of course, made them angry, and I received more than one hostile comment for those mistakes. Now, I find myself supporting if not making those kind of comments to new players. I know, rude players can be reported, but a rude hostile comment doesn't hurt as much as a polite one, and those can't be reported! So, why would we wanna expose new players to a situation that probably will make them leave the site for good? Like I've read somewhere in these forums, we can only make ONE first impression, why would we risk someone's first impression to be a hostile one?
- There have been some reports about newb-farming because a player sets up a lot of games in a specific setting, and a lot of newbs join them. I was one of those players who got accused once... I used to set up games in Feudal for 4, 5 or 6 players, and a lot of newbs joined the 4 and 5 player ones, I got a warning and had to stop playing the 4 and 5 players games altogether, so I wouldn't be accused of farming. Those who play Feudal know that having an empty castle in the game, gives it a whole new dynamic, but I had to stop playing that specific setting. If I had been able to filter by rank, it wouldn't have been an issue.