Conquer Club

[GO] [Rules] Rank Restricted Games

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Blocking System

Postby sully800 on Sat May 30, 2009 9:42 am

Deathwind wrote:Ok i like to play 1v1 but i was a captain and this moron joins my game and wins after I had the game basically cause of a cash of 3 cards I think.He was like a cadet and took so many points(46 to be exact) from me.I think there should be a thing so you can block like guys of a certain rank or lower from joining your game....please do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please explain why he was a moron? He had a lower rank than you, but beat you in a 1vs1 game where no one else can interfere or mess things up for you.

The scoreboard has a self-leveling feature for determining score. If you are a captain, and lose to a lot of people below you, then your captain rank was too high and you will obviously drop in score. If this drops your score too much, then you will start losing less and winning more which will bring your score back up. In the short run, this can cause a lot of fluctuation in score, but in the long run it starts to level you out on a "true" score for a given setting. If you can't maintain a certain score, that is no fault of the game engine or the score system or anything else. It just means your score was too high for the settings you wanted to play.
Major sully800

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 30, 2009 9:10 pm

Deathwind wrote:Ok i like to play 1v1 but i was a captain and this moron joins my game and wins after I had the game basically cause of a cash of 3 cards I think.He was like a cadet and took so many points(46 to be exact) from me.I think there should be a thing so you can block like guys of a certain rank or lower from joining your game....please do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're really as good as your rank suggests, then you should have nothing to fear from lower-ranked players. Don't be afraid!
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 30, 2009 9:12 pm

owenshooter wrote:
sailorseal wrote:
THORNHEART wrote:LOL KINDA FUNNY HE OUTRANKS YA ALL...LOL WONDER WHY YALL DONT WANT A BLOCKING SYSTEM LOL NOOBS!!!

Please do not flame people for rejecting your suggestion on an online gaming site, it is just annoying

please do not play mod in threads where you see violations, it is just annoying and doesn't get you closer to being a mod...-0

Surely he's not still...almost...a mod, is he?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby sailorseal on Sat May 30, 2009 9:19 pm

lancehoch wrote:
owenshooter wrote:p.s.-busted players can never be mods.. ahem...

sailorseal was later cleared of all busts and blocks.

Thanks lance :D
Mind if I make that my sig, there seems to be some question lately?

Wheres the lock?
Cook sailorseal

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (7) General Contribution (3)

Postby BaldAdonis on Sat May 30, 2009 9:48 pm

Woodruff wrote:Surely he's not still...almost...a mod, is he?

I think he's as close as he will ever be.
Lieutenant BaldAdonis

Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (19) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (1)

Rank Cared Public Games

Postby HardAttack on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:46 pm

Concise description: I would like to have an option to play 1800+ games without setting my game private one.
  • Inviting cooks, cadets, new recruits etc are considered to be farming, right ?
  • I dont like to play against cooks, cadets, and new recruits who dont have idea what to do, how to play etc. It doesnt give any taste.
  • Private games, dont fill quick and i am forced to play always same ppl to whom i PM and invite.
  • Callouts doesnt work or works partially cos of huge portion dont read them.
  • Cooks - cadets (mainly low ranks) with the current pointing system, plays careless, plays brave cos they have nothing to lose.... I am bothered and abused by them all. With the BS dice of this site, sometimes the skills all i put in a game come not enough and i lose 70 points against a cook. What the H is that ?
  • I am a customer, i am given to make private game option. For what ? To play against whomever i want, to set my games to be what ever rank minimum games i like..Right ? Then why dont you make it easier and practical ?
  • I am sure this similar suggestion has been made, and how many times it has been made is out of my care. I simply dont care cos i am angry. I will never understand or i dont want to understand what the businesss strategy there lies behind it. I am not happy. Because low ranks are more in number, then their wishes come prior ? WTF is that. They have chance to improve themselves. Who prevents it ....

Specifics:
  • I want public minimum rank defineable games. Only players who meets the conditions will be able to join in.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • Obvious it is.
  • Dont fool me.
Colonel HardAttack

Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Re: Rank Cared Public Games

Postby SultanOfSurreal on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:52 pm

HardAttack wrote:This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • Obvious it is.
  • Dont fool me.

i think this might be the greatest combination of words ever conceived
Corporal SultanOfSurreal

Medals: 1
Standard Achievement (1)

Postby HardAttack on Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:58 pm

SultanOfSurreal wrote:
  • Obvious it is.
  • Dont fool me.

It is not the problem that how great combination of my words are Mr. Sharp Brain. What kinda addition you put in this thread with your observation statement ?
Dont abuse the thread and use it in the way it is supposed to be dear Mr. Sharp
Colonel HardAttack

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (2)

Postby Night Strike on Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:07 pm

This has been rejected many times over.....it's not a new suggestion.
Captain Night Strike

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Postby HardAttack on Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:09 pm

Night Strike wrote:This has been rejected many times over.....it's not a new suggestion.

Would you tell me some reasonable explanation please ?
I really care to know and understand....
And also, why then there is officer call outs ? 2000+ call outs ?
Just curious.
Colonel HardAttack

Postby BoganGod on Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:48 pm

Yeah why has it been rejected?

Please don't drag out that old saw.... we were all cooks once. Yes, we were, I for one got my points by playing people of the same rank, that was how I learnt the game in the beginning.

- maybe don't make it real rank, possibly make it map rank. The amount of time feud games I've played in have been ruined by muppets that are just to lazy to read up about the map. Don't understand or use bombard, and suicide into someone before round 7. GRRRRRRR.
- Like hard, I'm a little bit irratated at playing the same people all the time in private games, but seems to be one of the few ways to make sure I get a good game.
- Yes I don't mind playing, even teaching some players, and I will always play some public games. Would just love to not have up to 20% of games ruined by preventable stupidity. Wanton stupidity in fact.
- Ignorance can be changed, but stupid is for ever........... A lot of players are deliberately stupid. There is a reason why my foe list is longer than a babies arm
- For the muppet "grammar" police, why not contribute something worthwhile to discusion or go back to editing your dictionary of klingon gender specific cuss words. Mouth breathers..... I tell ya
Major BoganGod

Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (16) Tournament Contribution (10) General Contribution (3)

Postby BoganGod on Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:51 pm

SultanOfSurreal wrote:
  • Obvious it is.
  • Dont fool me.

See I do, that Sultan of simplicity star wars has not seen. Fool he is, lame fool.
Major BoganGod

Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (16) Tournament Contribution (10) General Contribution (3)

Postby Thezzaruz on Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:02 am

HardAttack wrote:Would you tell me some reasonable explanation please ?

BoganGod wrote:Yeah why has it been rejected?

There has been several threads about this, have a search for them (one is on the "to-do" list even).
Lieutenant Thezzaruz

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby jpcloet on Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:05 am

HardAttack wrote:And also, why then there is officer call outs ? 2000+ call outs ?

Those are informal ways of letting this happen. CC is not going to create a system to allow this to happen on a regular basis when there are several minor option already available. You'll also note that the rank related threads are not stickied. There are also social groups that contain members of similar ranks, eg. Officers and "Super Elite".
Captain jpcloet

Medals: 69
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (8)
General Contribution (8)

Postby HardAttack on Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:46 am

Thanks for the answer and concern jpcloet. I hear you.
Lemme regularly foe all the low ranks whoever sticks in my games then. 8-[
I know it is not nice, but i m left no other solution here.
Colonel HardAttack

Postby HardAttack on Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:14 pm

I believe that everything said on this topic. Such an application will not take place. Then i very clearly would like to state that i started foeing luetenant lower ranks who sticks in my speed games.
Whatever this is nice way or not, i dont care much.

I dont get any taste playing against low ranks. And let them take this in whatever way they like. I dont give a F
Colonel HardAttack

Postby oVo on Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:47 pm

Maybe this idea is worthy of re-consideration? It is an option used with online Chess quite successfully and doesn't necessarily exclude lower ratings from competitive opportunities with skilled players.
Major oVo

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Make a rank barrier for game entry

Postby 6evil9 on Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:16 am

Absolutely agree!! I am sick of playing cooks or cadets who don't have any logic or clue what they are doing. plus i don't get many points for winning against them.

It is not a hard to implement option, but will really help to have public games for people who can play.
Maybe just a tickboxes with the ranks?
like <1100
1100-1300
1300-1600
1600-1900
etc

So for example i can tick 1300-1600 and 1600-1900 and play someone of similar calibre as myself.

Administrators, what do you think?
Captain 6evil9

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby TotoroHat on Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:45 am

This topic comes up every month or so and gets rejected every time. Not sure why people continue to bring it up. I would say if people only play people of a similar rank then no lower players would have the opportunity gain rank by defeating them. If a box was to ever be created I would suggest that only one box be created and that it limit all people playing in that game to only those under a certain score say 1300 or something low. (you would have to be under 1300 yourself to click on that box... to prevent farming)!
Sergeant 1st Class TotoroHat

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby Artimis on Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:43 am

*YAWN*
Another thread created that is redundant and repeats an identical suggestion already made in another thread. The OP could have avoided this with a couple of forum searches. The sensible advice is to make private games and only give passwords to respondents in callouts that meet your 'rank criteria'.

Subject: Blocking System

Artimis wrote:This suggestion has already been made in a variety of reworded guises, to name but a few:

Choosing ranks that may enter your games?????
Set Rank Limits for starting games.
cap on ranks
Minimum rank to join games option
Limiting Experience level of players in a new game.
Score Limit for joining a game *previously rejected*

One of them has already been marked *previously rejected*, you guys really need to do a post search before making a suggestion. Otherwise you end up with epic duplication like this.
==================================================
This post was sponsored by Far-Q Industries.

Far-Q Industries: Telling you where to go since 2008.
Captain Artimis

Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby owenshooter on Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:29 pm

Artimis wrote:*YAWN*

go to callouts and play in ranked games... this has been suggested so many times, i can't even believe i am responding... artimis pretty much summed it up...-0
DoomYoshi, "GD has no traffic because of venereal diseases like you."
Sergeant 1st Class owenshooter

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby HardAttack on Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:10 pm

Joodoo wrote:since you're premium, just make private games and ask ppl to pm you if they want the password...
and I'm still against rank segregation, I like playing with any rank anytime...

but i dont, what s then ?
Colonel HardAttack

Suggestion: "Block Freemium" option

Postby cowboyz on Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:32 am

Concise description:
    Add a button in the user panel that will block/foe all freemiums from joining my games. It will automatically unblock/unfoe them if they upgrade to premium membership.
    Also suggested adding other block features, such as allowing players to block other players using criteria such as ratings, rank, missed turns, comments, clan etc...

Specifics:
    This is a good thing and doesn't limit the ability of freemiums to test out the site. They can still play, but only vs other freemiums, AND members who don't want to block freemiums. A foe list is TOO time consuming to manually foe each category of player, adding this feature will only add a convenient way to do what could be otherwise be done manually.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • no more having noobs join my games just to ruin them while they stay an entire 2 weeks on CC before quitting.
  • no more having noobs get impatient with slow games and start shouting "SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING!1!!" in game chat
  • keeps noobs and their noobyness away from me and others who don't like being noobed.
  • allows only paying noobs to bother people
  • more money for CC since these freemiums must upgrade to play with a wider selection of players
Last edited by cowboyz on Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal cowboyz

Medals: 55
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (7)

Re: Suggestion: "Block Freemium" option

Postby Hornet95 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:44 am

cowboyz wrote:Concise description:
    Add a button in the user panel that will block/foe all freemiums from joining my games. It will automatically unblock/unfoe them if they upgrade to premium membership.

I could see blocking the '?'s from joining your games (as they are likely to deadbeat). But some of the freemiums are very loyal. I was a freemium for a long time and had an excellent record. Once you get past your first 5 or 10 games, you're typically hooked.
Captain Hornet95

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)

Re: Suggestion: "Block Freemium" option

Postby Halmir on Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:16 am

I like the idea, coupled with that modification. We've all suffered from freemiums joining our games then had them deadbeat even before they take a turn (well I've had it 3 times in the last couple of months that I can recall and a few times before then!). If there's a limiter that is removed once they've proved themselves (i.e completed 10 or 20 games without an auto deadbeat removal from a game, or lost the "?" rank etc) then this sounds fair & fine.
Sergeant 1st Class Halmir

Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions