Undo, Redo, Mulligan, Take Back Options

Suggestions that have not stood up to community review.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Undo button

Postby brkryk17 on Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:15 am

How many times have you accidentally hit end assaults or end reinforcement when you didn't mean to? Is it possible for CC members to undo an action within a given amount of time? Sometimes, playing this game becomes so routine, that you do make careless errors that do impact the game significantly. It would be nice if you had the opportunity to see what happens on the map after you think your done, and then if you realize that you forgot to attack, or hit the incorrect button go back and make the necessary changes.

Of course, I guess, I should be more careful, but again, sometimes you just do things out of habit and it's the wrong thing!!

Thanks,
B
Major brkryk17

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Undo button

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:53 am

never happened..
also, you can instal bob and then get are you sure buttons, confirmation buttons.
but other then that i dont know.
maybe add this as a suggestion to the suggestions forum?
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011
Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (11)

Re: The Undo Button or Take Back Move Button

Postby talonz on Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:51 pm

Please please please implement this! Twice today I did this when trying to do my turn quickly and it never would have happened in a real life game, due to the limited screen size, drop down menus defaulting or showing a name different than the one you thought it was etc. I tend to equate the button on my bottom right as the 'do it' button when looking at my assault menus and click it all the time.

aaaaagh.
Major talonz

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: The Undo Button or Take Back Move Button

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:18 pm

talonz wrote:Please please please implement this! Twice today I did this when trying to do my turn quickly and it never would have happened in a real life game, due to the limited screen size, drop down menus defaulting or showing a name different than the one you thought it was etc. I tend to equate the button on my bottom right as the 'do it' button when looking at my assault menus and click it all the time.

aaaaagh.

The site has fundamentally objected to this idea. I'm sorry, but it will not be implemented!

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator

Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

able to go back to attack after hit reinforce and not reinfo

Postby wildwilliam on Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:08 pm

You should be able to go back to attack after you hit reinforce if you have not reinforced anything.

if you accidentally hit reinforce (like when I play on my phone) or just realize you should not and do not mean to, you can go back to attacking instead of leaving yourself out to dry. It would not be a harm because from what I can tell no ones knows when you have hit the reinforce button if you have not reinforced anything except for you, so you would not be able to trick people into stop attacking then go back to attacking.

This might have already been mentioned, but I am not sure.
Corporal wildwilliam

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: able to go back to attack after hit reinforce and not re

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:23 pm

I feel like it has been suggested and rejected before, though I can't remember why. I imagine it had some to do with Speed games.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:14 pm

The closest thing to this suggestion is currently sitting in Rejected:

viewtopic.php?f=471&t=139685

The last comments indicate that there seems to be no reason why we can't implement this for sequential games only. The objection to this was that it would hurt Freestyle games because someone could swoop back out of the reinforcement phase to go for an elimination, but this suggestion only applies before you've made any reinforcements. The logical point was made that this is fundamentally equivalent to simply not actually ending your assault phase, and it wasn't responded to. So I'm not going to merge this with the rejected pile until someone can actually explain why that's a reason to reject it in freestyle.
Lieutenant Metsfanmax
Head Thinker
Head Thinker

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (6)

Postby greenoaks on Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:46 pm

i don't think the site should be coding features to protect players from their foolishness or clumsiness.
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Postby chapcrap on Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:57 pm

greenoaks wrote:i don't think the site should be coding features to protect players from their foolishness or clumsiness.

+1
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

REinforcements and troop placement snafus

Postby nhines on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:00 pm

I think you guys should put in an undo button for reinforcements or troop placements. A couple of times, I've tried to place troops and, for example, wanted to place 3 out of my 20 troops in an area, but the dropdown menu happen to have 20 selected and I accidentally double clicked the region and, POOF, all the troops are right where I don't want them and there's no way to change it.

Sure it's a stupid mistake on my part, but should it really cost people games. Some sort of failsafes would be nice.
Cook nhines

Re: REinforcements and troop placement snafus

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:10 pm

How would this work with Freestyle? Where people can easily be playing at the same time.
Sergeant 1st Class TheForgivenOne

Medals: 82
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (6)
General Contribution (11)

Postby chapcrap on Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:13 am

Nope.

Just don't screw up.
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

A fix for misplaced troops..PLEASE FIX THIS

Postby FiestyLion on Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:47 am

I have an issue with something that I am absolutely amazed that CC hasnt fixed yet. It has to do with making an error when you are attacking and you accidentally misplace your troops. For example, say you conquer a territory and you dont want to move all your troops to that new region but you accidentally do. It would be extremely useful if there were on option to "undo" that placement. I am currently going to lose a game because I accidentally forwared 0 troops instead of ALL of my troops while I was making a critical attack, and there was no way for me to correct it.

It should be an easy thing to do, and it wouldnt change the outcome of the game at all. Once you make an attack and move your troops, you should then have the option to undo that troop movement before making your next attack. Of course, once you make a new attack it would nullify the possibility to 'undo' the reinforcement from your previous attack.

Seriously guys, lets finally get this done.
Captain FiestyLion

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: A fix for misplaced troops..PLEASE FIX THIS

Postby Metsfanmax on Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:51 am

This would be devastating for freestyle games.
Lieutenant Metsfanmax
Head Thinker
Head Thinker

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (6)

Postby FiestyLion on Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:54 am

You would simply disable the 'undo' feature for Freestyle games. I dont think that the existence of freestyle games should convince anyone that this 'undo' feature isnt desperately needed, cuz it is.
Captain FiestyLion

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Rejected Suggestions