Surrender/Resign/Forfeit Button [Rejected]

Suggestions that have not stood up to community review.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Re: "Quit Game" and "Skip Turn" options

Postby vannus on Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:13 am

I have thought of that, and I already said what would happen to spoils. in my suggestion (which others also made in the BIG thread and was rejected) the surrender button (or skip turns button they called it) makes no difference in scores or spoils vs those who just don't turn up - other than the other players don't have to wait 24hours per deadbeat.
You can't surely enjoy playing a game where all other players are skipping their turns?

It seems the suggestions are getting rejected just because a different implementation was open to abuse. kinda like the wright brothers never building a plane because the first few times they tried, they failed.

A: they could have the option to 'surrender all' games (already rejected by the devs)
B-vacation: tends not to happen unexpectedly, they could still 'surrender all'
B-lost internet: this *could* become the only reason for deadbeats.

like I said in previous post, I'll just have to (buy premium to) join more games to workaround the deadbeats. (or join another site, but a quick n lazy google search didn't find anywhere as promising as CC).
Private 1st Class vannus

Re: "Quit Game" and "Skip Turn" options

Postby greenoaks on Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:01 am

vannus wrote:I have thought of that, and I already said what would happen to spoils. in my suggestion (which others also made in the BIG thread and was rejected) the surrender button (or skip turns button they called it) makes no difference in scores or spoils vs those who just don't turn up - other than the other players don't have to wait 24hours per deadbeat.
You can't surely enjoy playing a game where all other players are skipping their turns?

It seems the suggestions are getting rejected just because a different implementation was open to abuse. kinda like the wright brothers never building a plane because the first few times they tried, they failed.

A: they could have the option to 'surrender all' games (already rejected by the devs)
B-vacation: tends not to happen unexpectedly, they could still 'surrender all'
B-lost internet: this *could* become the only reason for deadbeats.

like I said in previous post, I'll just have to (buy premium to) join more games to workaround the deadbeats. (or join another site, but a quick n lazy google search didn't find anywhere as promising as CC).

there is nothing as good as CC &
buying premium solves the waiting problem as you join enough games to satisfy your daily fix
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Surrender button?

Postby sp00n on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:55 pm

Im sorry if this has already been suggested - to be honest i can't be arsed to scroll through the forums to check, despite the amount of time i've had in my last "speed" game waiting for players who have dropped to be kicked from the game.

Sometimes (often) games go on longer than you anticipated and you have no choice but to walk away mid game, other times people know they have lost and cant be bothered to play on to the end. Out of fairness to players left in the game who then have to wait a minimum of 15 minutes or up to 36 hours before normal gameplay resumes, wouldn't adding a surrender button that has the same (but more immediate) consequences as just missing your turns be beneficial?

Maybe in addition to the percentage of turns taken indicator you could include a "games surrendered" counter?

I honestly can't think of a reason why this shouldn't be included - at least as a game option...

Regards, Sp00n.
Last edited by sp00n on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant sp00n

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Surrender button?

Postby blakebowling on Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:31 pm

This has been rejected again, and again, and again, and again due to previous abuse.
Please actually search the forums before you post a new suggestion next time, thanks.
Rejected.
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

suggestions for new CC features

Postby markus Oralius on Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:52 pm

1) How about a surrender button? It would be epecially useful when playing 1 on 1 on large maps

2) How about an option to set reinforcements to 5 or 7 per turn? Unlimitted reinforcements give the starting player too much of an advantage, and chained reinforcements slow the game down too much (especially 1 on 1's on large maps). I think it would add a whole new dynamic.

3) How about creating a reset button to re-arrange troop deployment prior to starting your turn? Or maybe creating a way to shuffle armies around the board until you chose to lock your selections in and start your turn. That would make troop deployment alot more user friendly.
Colonel markus Oralius

Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (20)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: suggestions for new CC features

Postby ender516 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:38 pm

First of all, your first two suggestions are not something that a tool could do. Suggestions to change the way the site works belong in the Suggestions forum.

Next, the surrender button is probably the most suggested and most rejected suggestion at this site. There used to be one, and people abused it. It was removed and will not be back.

Your second idea is interesting, but a little unclear. Are you talking about limiting the number of troops that can be moved, or the number of movements you can make?

Many people feel that the starting player has too much of an advantage in any 1v1 game.

Your last suggestion could conceivably be handled by an addon which allowed you to mess around with your manual deployments without actually issuing the commands, and then sent the effective commands once you locked in your choices. Is there a script wizard up to the challenge?
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)
Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (11)

Re: suggestions for new CC features

Postby markus Oralius on Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:53 pm

I was thinking of limitting the number of reinforcement movements to make. In full disclosure, it's actually not my idea, I use to play on one of CC's competitor's website. CC is superior in almost every way, but I miss that option, it was alot of fun to play with before I switched clubs.
Colonel markus Oralius

Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (20)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: Surrender/Resign/Forfeit Button [Rejected]

Postby Kernal Sanders on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:32 pm

I do not want resign/forfeit as I am winning my board, but every time I try to collect spoils (either one of a kind or three of a kind )I am told "Illegal Group" I must be doing something wrong. Please advise.
Cook Kernal Sanders

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:59 am

Kernal Sanders wrote:I do not want resign/forfeit as I am winning my board, but every time I try to collect spoils (either one of a kind or three of a kind )I am told "Illegal Group" I must be doing something wrong. Please advise.

please read the instructions again. you can tick off only 3 spoils at a time, not 4 5 1 or 2.
you can only tick off a group of the same color or when every color is different. so all green, all blue, all red or 1 green 1 red and 1 blue.
does this help?
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011
Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (11)

Postby jammyjames on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:04 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:You don't think that has been discussed?

Yes, and I am re-discussing it..
Lieutenant jammyjames

Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (4)

Resign/Forfeit Option

Postby BJH437 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:59 am

Why isn't there an option to resign CC? It is somewhat obnoxious, to both all parties, when a game drags on and on when there has already been a clear winner established. Why not add a Resign/Forfeit option to address this? Especially when non-paying parties can only have up to four matches at a time.
Sergeant BJH437

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Resign/Forfeit Option

Postby jclayton1990 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:09 am

Agreed. This is a great idea. Let's have it!
Sergeant 1st Class jclayton1990

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:17 pm

This is posted many times, and I think they couldn't convince the mods for doing this, but personally I'm against it.

-It is way easier to boost this way
-I like to sweep the entire board
-Some douchebags may like the feature to join games and resign...

Maybe if you have some conditions, like
-The opponent owns at least **% of the map
-both players agree

Just my opinion :D
Major Extreme Ways

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (2) Training Achievement (1)

Postby sherkaner on Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:31 pm

Moved to suggestions..

And it has been suggested quite a few times before, but rejected mainly because it's too easy to abuse.
Colonel sherkaner

Medals: 42
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3)

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:08 pm

Because this function has been here already, was abused so heavily, that the Webmaster removed it almost immediately.
Sergeant 1st Class TheForgivenOne

Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)

Postby JoshyBoy on Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:00 am

When will people learn...?
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (17)
General Contribution (2)

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:41 am

Marvaddin wrote:Note from Sully:

A surrender button has been suggested and rejected many times. In fact, this site used to have a surrender button but it was abused and hence the button was removed. This thread is a complilation of over 40 threads of people asking for Surrender Buttons or Resign Boxes or Forfeit Flags and the exasperated rejections of handfuls of moderators. It's not going to happen.

If you insist on wasting time by starting a unique thread, I insist you read through this one first to be certain your idea has not already been rejected.

Damn, and I just had this clever idea for a unique thread, something about a forfeit option.....
Captain Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 136
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

voteable end game

Postby talonz on Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:26 pm

Some games devolve into a static grindfest where nothing really changes and everybody stacks and takes 1 region over and over in the hopes that someone else will lose patience and make the first move/mistake.

Boring.

It would be great if past a certain round limit all players can vote to end the game without points loss or something.

Or is there a way to have a game editied and a round limit added once its begun? Can and admin do that?
Major talonz

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: voteable end game

Postby barackattack on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:46 pm

Play games with round limits if you don't want the possibility of ending up in a stalemate.
justin bieber charlie sheen rebecca black nude naked paris hilton slut xxx dirty free teen school abuse torture iraq soldier gingrich paul tea party 9/11 conspiracy bush oil ryan dunn video dead steve jobs apple sucks
Private 1st Class barackattack

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby talonz on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:24 pm

Yeah thanks, im looking for other options beyond the obvious.
Major talonz

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby barackattack on Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:22 am

Sometimes the simplest solution is the best.
justin bieber charlie sheen rebecca black nude naked paris hilton slut xxx dirty free teen school abuse torture iraq soldier gingrich paul tea party 9/11 conspiracy bush oil ryan dunn video dead steve jobs apple sucks
Private 1st Class barackattack

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby chapcrap on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:53 pm

Suggestions like this have been tried before and they won't work out.

First, there won't be games worth no points. That's not something that will happen.

Second, a button to forfeit has been used before and it was abused, so it was removed.

Another option is to try to create a tiebreaker game with all of the people involved. Whoever wins the tiebreaker, gets to win the original.
Captain chapcrap

Medals: 168
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby Condestável on Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:43 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:Because this function has been here already, was abused so heavily, that the Webmaster removed it almost immediately.

Landgrab.net has the option to leave the game and there is no drama, never was, never will.

But what's really off-putting is the contempt that CC staff chide users with. All these years so many people have just been asking for what is logical and you are the adamant minority against it, giving excuses like "omg and now the spoils" - logically the player turns into a Neutral and the spoils remain attached to it.

Once again it's all about business. Just admit that it is a way to encourage people buying an account. It's acceptable.

But then again, this is nothing personal, it's directed at the site, not you. Please don't feel offended.
Sergeant Condestável

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Roussallier on Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:48 pm

Good idea, though I don't mind wars of attrition they definitely are not everyone's cup of tea.
Colonel Roussallier

Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (3)

Postby JoshyBoy on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:36 am

Condestável wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:Because this function has been here already, was abused so heavily, that the Webmaster removed it almost immediately.

Landgrab.net has the option to leave the game and there is no drama, never was, never will.

But what's really off-putting is the contempt that CC staff chide users with. All these years so many people have just been asking for what is logical and you are the adamant minority against it, giving excuses like "omg and now the spoils" - logically the player turns into a Neutral and the spoils remain attached to it.

Once again it's all about business. Just admit that it is a way to encourage people buying an account. It's acceptable.

But then again, this is nothing personal, it's directed at the site, not you. Please don't feel offended.

Wise up. The nature of the players on this site is to cheat in some way, shape, or form. Multies, account sitting abuse (several forms), farming, and bending the rules in other ways to gain points. And you want to add a "resign/forfeit" button?!?!? Like the mods aren't up to their necks in shite already.... "adamant minority" my ass. Try "informed and sensible minority" (on this occasion) .
drunkmonkey wrote:I honestly wonder why anyone becomes a mod on this site. You're the whiniest bunch of players imaginable.

Ron Burgundy wrote:Why don't you go back to your home on Whore Island?
Lieutenant JoshyBoy

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (17)
General Contribution (2)

PreviousNext

Return to Rejected Suggestions