Surrender/Resign/Forfeit Button

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Suggestions Team

introduce RESIGN option in two-player games

Postby nemezis on Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:06 pm

Concise description:
  • It should be good, in my opinion, that there is an option in two-player games that could make resigning possible. It happens sometimes that it is apparent that the game is lost for one player even few rounds or more before the end. Playing it without possibility of resigning is a bore for both players. I appreciate the battle heart and faith in tactics and luck, but sometimes you can plainly see that noting can bee done. Good commanders know when battle is lost.

Specifics/Details:
  • resign option should be introduced only in two-player games in order not to affect other players in their strategies. If the player submit resign note, the game is ended, he lose and the opponent wins. (maybe it can be even marked in the past games with some sign that the game is lost/won by resignation, but it's not necessary.)

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • I think that this option will speed up some games and avoid long and boring endings
Captain nemezis

Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: introduce RESIGN option in two-player games

Postby Evil Semp on Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:35 pm

What is to stop someone from resigning without even taking a turn?
Sergeant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Medals: 81
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (21) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (12)

Postby basic_man2010_20 on Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:50 pm

make the option only avilable after X rounds have been compleated or somethign
Cook basic_man2010_20

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:02 pm

This has been rejected OVERANDOVERANDOVER again. There will never be a forfeit/resign button here, sorry, chap.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator

Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

We should have a concede button.

Postby Frogmanx82 on Mon May 23, 2011 5:06 pm

Concise description:
  • There should be a concede button that would allow you to surrender your armies.

Specifics/Details:
  • Instead of just missing your turns or having a game drag on you should have a surrender option. A simple concede armies button would be nice.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • It would keep games from dragging on at the end when the end is obvious or if someone just doesn't want to play, they could surrender instead of hanging up the game for 24 hours 3 times.
Major Frogmanx82

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (4)

Re: We should have a concede button.

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon May 23, 2011 5:24 pm

No, this has been suggested many times and has been rejected each and everytime. This site used to have one, and it was abused too easily. Made it easier to rank up with a multi, makes it easier to point dump, and makes games unenjoyable.

Merged
Sergeant 1st Class TheForgivenOne

Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)
General Contribution (11)

Re: Surrender/Resign/Forfeit Button [Rejected]

Postby Frogmanx82 on Mon May 23, 2011 9:15 pm

Oh that's right, I forgot we're dealing with people. It didn't come up on the search, but I was sure this must have been suggested before.
Major Frogmanx82

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (4)

Postby ender516 on Tue May 24, 2011 8:13 am

I don't know how you missed it in the search. I just did an Advanced Search for "concede" in Suggestions and all its subforums and it was right there on the first page of results.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)
Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (11)

Postby Frogmanx82 on Tue May 24, 2011 10:23 pm

I must not have specified the suggestions forum.
Major Frogmanx82

"Quit Game" and "Skip Turn" options

Postby rogower on Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:03 pm

Consider adding a "Quit Game" and a "Skip Turn" option. I know that we do not want to encourage folks to quit games. However, it's inevitable, people do it, and the ones who suffer the most are the ones who have to sit there and wait for the five minutes (in speed games) or the 24 hours (in regular games) to expire.

In order to encourage quitters to actually hit "Quit Game" rather than to simply drop out and force the remaining players to wait until time has expired on the quitter, the quitter would lose x number of points if s/he exercises the "Quit Game" option and y number of points if s/he quits without exercising the "Quit Game" option. x < y; therefore, the quitter loses points, either way, but loses fewer points by doing the remaining players a favor by clicking on "Quit Game."

Also: One would not be allowed to click on "Quit Game" until a certain amount of time has passed. This would prevent folks from quitting out of frustration and would give them some time to cool off.

As for the "Skip Turn" option: Some players seem to think it's good strategy to skip a turn in certain situations. It's irritating to sit there and wait for the time to elapse when the player has no intention of actually making a play that round.

Just a couple of ideas to make games go more efficiently.
Lieutenant rogower

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: "Quit Game" and "Skip Turn" options

Postby tennischamp5 on Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:16 pm

So what would prevent me from joining 8 player terminator games, killing off two guys, and then hitting 'quit' every time so I lose less points and end up with a net gain?
Captain tennischamp5

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:38 pm

rogower wrote:Consider adding a "Quit Game" and a "Skip Turn" option. I know that we do not want to encourage folks to quit games. However, it's inevitable, people do it, and the ones who suffer the most are the ones who have to sit there and wait for the five minutes (in speed games) or the 24 hours (in regular games) to expire.

In order to encourage quitters to actually hit "Quit Game" rather than to simply drop out and force the remaining players to wait until time has expired on the quitter, the quitter would lose x number of points if s/he exercises the "Quit Game" option and y number of points if s/he quits without exercising the "Quit Game" option. x < y; therefore, the quitter loses points, either way, but loses fewer points by doing the remaining players a favor by clicking on "Quit Game."

Also: One would not be allowed to click on "Quit Game" until a certain amount of time has passed. This would prevent folks from quitting out of frustration and would give them some time to cool off.

As for the "Skip Turn" option: Some players seem to think it's good strategy to skip a turn in certain situations. It's irritating to sit there and wait for the time to elapse when the player has no intention of actually making a play that round.

Just a couple of ideas to make games go more efficiently.

First off, surrender/forfeit/quit button was here, and is gone forever. It won't be coming back. The webmaster has made this very clear.

And actually, people "skip" turns very rarely. When people DO miss a turn, it is because they actually didn't have time to take the turn.

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)

Postby vannus on Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:05 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:First off, surrender/forfeit/quit button was here, and is gone forever. It won't be coming back. The webmaster has made this very clear.

Is there a thread or post for this? I'd like to argue for the 'Surrender' button. I've goofed the start of a game, and so I'm helping one player to win, cause its the fastest way to get out of the game.

PS I'm not playing for points, I'm just playing for fun.
Private 1st Class vannus

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:10 pm

vannus wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:First off, surrender/forfeit/quit button was here, and is gone forever. It won't be coming back. The webmaster has made this very clear.

Is there a thread or post for this? I'd like to argue for the 'Surrender' button. I've goofed the start of a game, and so I'm helping one player to win, cause its the fastest way to get out of the game.

PS I'm not playing for points, I'm just playing for fun.

There is a page in Rejected with over a 1000 posts in it. The button was abused way too much.

Postby vannus on Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:34 pm

Found it!
viewtopic.php?f=471&t=67152&hilit=quit+game

I shall now go read it - 1342 posts :S
Private 1st Class vannus

Postby vannus on Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:49 pm

ok. the 'surrender works the same as missed turns (but without having to wait 24hours)' suggestion has already been dismissed.

shame, its a simple solution that doesn't skew points or take much programming.

I guess we'll just have to put up with deadbeats at CC :(
Private 1st Class vannus

Postby jackal31 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:43 pm

actually....if you went premium it would allow three things to happen:

1) You dont have to wait 3 days for the game to end by deadbeating.

2) You can play speed games that last a shorter period of time.

3) CC will gladly take your money.
Best Score: 3476
1/9/12
Colonel jackal31

Medals: 96
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (25) General Achievement (8)
Clan Achievement (12) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (5)

Postby vannus on Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:53 pm

1) what happens to other players that don't take their turns when im premium? they can't possibly get Surrender buttons (?)

2) im not sure these would suit me. i'd probably join a game then either be AFK when it started or need to go AFK before it finished.

3) USD25 isn't much compared to other games like WoW, etc. Although I'd prefer to settle in a bit more before I start handing over card details.
Private 1st Class vannus

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:06 pm

vannus wrote:1) what happens to other players that don't take their turns when im premium? they can't possibly get Surrender buttons (?)

1) Having 1 game already decided out of 30+ or so doesn't really bother you as much, considering you get to play unlimited amount of games.

Also, if you are unsure about giving CC your Credit Card information, this is from CC's private policy

Commitment to Data Security wrote:
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information.

All sensitive payment information (credit card number, expiry date, validation code) is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then transmitted to our payment gateway provider. The payment gateway provider's database is only accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and they are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your sensitive payment information will not be stored on our servers.

Postby jackal31 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:16 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
vannus wrote:1) what happens to other players that don't take their turns when im premium? they can't possibly get Surrender buttons (?)

1) Having 1 game already decided out of 30+ or so doesn't really bother you as much, considering you get to play unlimited amount of games.

Exactly....when youre restricted to only 4 games as a freemie, then it can be frustrating. But going premium will allow you to create more games and not have to wait for a slot to open.
Best Score: 3476
1/9/12
Colonel jackal31

Medals: 96
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (25) General Achievement (8)
Clan Achievement (12) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (5)

Postby vannus on Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:09 pm

jackal31 wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:

Exactly....when youre restricted to only 4 games as a freemie, then it can be frustrating. But going premium will allow you to create more games and not have to wait for a slot to open.

i was thinking more along the lines of an active game that was taking 3days per turn. but yeah, just joining more games (as you guys have suggested) will give me my daily fix :)

although i could end up with several multiple day turn games to remember what im doing in :S do freestyle games move everybody on after 24hrs?

PS what the hell is that upside down walking blue thing in your profile pic forgiven?
Private 1st Class vannus

Postby firsal901 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:31 pm

No from me.
Encourages deadbeating, quiting games.
What about terminator games??
Cook firsal901

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby vannus on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:17 am

currently:- having to wait 24hours for each player who has dropped out
suggest:- they can click a surrender button so their turn gets skipped from then on
theres no difference to scores, spoils, etc - its just lets a player politely step away from the game.

as for the argument of quitting being unsportsman like (you haven't made this point, but i saw it in the BIG thread):
- when a footballer breaks a leg on the pitch, you don't wait for it to heal before resuming the match.
- when a car breaks down in motor racing, they don't wait for them to fix it before continuing.
in both cases they are out of the match and the rest carry on.
:- in snooker when a player has more points than is left on the table, the other player throws in the towel.

have it disabled for terminator games.
Private 1st Class vannus

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:29 am

vannus wrote:currently:- having to wait 24hours for each player who has dropped out
suggest:- they can click a surrender button so their turn gets skipped from then on
theres no difference to scores, spoils, etc - its just lets a player politely step away from the game.

as for the argument of quitting being unsportsman like (you haven't made this point, but i saw it in the BIG thread):
- when a footballer breaks a leg on the pitch, you don't wait for it to heal before resuming the match.
- when a car breaks down in motor racing, they don't wait for them to fix it before continuing.
in both cases they are out of the match and the rest carry on.
:- in snooker when a player has more points than is left on the table, the other player throws in the towel.

have it disabled for terminator games.

You have to think of ALL area's. What happens with the spoils? Are they taken off the map? If so, Freestyle games could VASTLY hurt by this. Someone goes for an important kill, and the guy about to be killed surrenders. Poof~ No more spoils, and that player wasted a ton of troops trying to get the kill. I'm telling you, this was removed for a reason. I would rather win the game by actually eliminating everyone on the field, instead of logging on to realize they all surrendered.

Also, people who deadbeat, usually aren't trying to get out of a game. They have either

A. Left the site and aren't coming back
or B. can't get onto the site anymore (could be away on vacation, might have lost internet).

Postby vannus on Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:13 am

I have thought of that, and I already said what would happen to spoils. in my suggestion (which others also made in the BIG thread and was rejected) the surrender button (or skip turns button they called it) makes no difference in scores or spoils vs those who just don't turn up - other than the other players don't have to wait 24hours per deadbeat.
You can't surely enjoy playing a game where all other players are skipping their turns?

It seems the suggestions are getting rejected just because a different implementation was open to abuse. kinda like the wright brothers never building a plane because the first few times they tried, they failed.

A: they could have the option to 'surrender all' games (already rejected by the devs)
B-vacation: tends not to happen unexpectedly, they could still 'surrender all'
B-lost internet: this *could* become the only reason for deadbeats.

like I said in previous post, I'll just have to (buy premium to) join more games to workaround the deadbeats. (or join another site, but a quick n lazy google search didn't find anywhere as promising as CC).
Private 1st Class vannus

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions