Playback/Replay/Rewind/Review/History Game Feature

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Replay - re watch the game

Postby agentcom on Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:22 am

haha wrote:I cant imagine I'm the first one to post something like this but was unable to find anything.

I think that a lot of members of CC would be happy to be able to rewatch a game especially if its a fog game. i also think this could just be part of the premium package because I'm willing to bet that people would be willing to pay for this option
HAHA

I have a hard time believing that you couldn't find this topic if you really searched for it.
Colonel agentcom

Medals: 71
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (8) General Contribution (2)

replay button

Postby codierose on Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:50 pm

Concise description:
not sure if it had been suggested before but here goes i would like a replay button so at the end of a game you can play back the game play by play rather than reading the log.
dont need to see the dice just the moves a bit like a snap shot of every turn. i like to look at games others have played to learn best tactics or not that was played to win the game.
Colonel codierose

Medals: 98
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (25) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: replay button

Postby agentcom on Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:24 am

codierose wrote:Concise description:
not sure if it had been suggested before but here goes i would like a replay button so at the end of a game you can play back the game play by play rather than reading the log.
dont need to see the dice just the moves a bit like a snap shot of every turn. i like to look at games others have played to learn best tactics or not that was played to win the game.

<sigh> ... There are instructions on how to use this forum effectively, there is a template that is provided when you click New Topic that you actually have to delete in order to write a suggestion that looks like this, there is a sticky at the top of rejected suggestions with this very topic that you would find if you looked for "replay" ... I don't know what else I can possibly do :roll:

MERGED.
Colonel agentcom

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (7)

Re: Playback/Replay/Rewind/Review/History Game Feature[REJEC

Postby spiesr on Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:20 pm

Captain spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) General Contribution (2)

Postby chapcrap on Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:18 pm

This will no longer be considered to be rejected status. The OP has been updated with a few words and this is MOVED from rejected.
Major chapcrap

Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby agentcom on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:14 pm

What happens behind the fog, stays behind the fog!!

As mentioned in the OP, the other reason besides server space to reject this is that there is a certain amount of tactical information that can be gleaned from an augmented log. I'd rather see CC work on "dark as night" options which further limit the information that can be seen than this. It's not a strong conviction, but that's the way I would go if it was my choice.
Colonel agentcom

What about a player ?

Postby BENCLUB on Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:01 pm

When a game is close.
We can see what was the differents move of the players.
But it's really difficult and boring to see it in our brain what they are doing.

With a replayer, we could click on "PLAY" and the game restart with the Round 1 : turn 1, turn 2 etc etc
And we could see how the game worked.

Bottom "PAUSE" "STOP" "PLAY" "x3" "x5".

It will be really usefull to learn a map with old games.

PS : Sorry about my english.
Major BENCLUB

Medals: 44
Monthly Leader Gold (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2)
Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (4)

Re: What about a player ?

Postby JamesKer1 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:25 pm

BENCLUB wrote:When a game is close.
We can see what was the differents move of the players.
But it's really difficult and boring to see it in our brain what they are doing.

With a replayer, we could click on "PLAY" and the game restart with the Round 1 : turn 1, turn 2 etc etc
And we could see how the game worked.

Bottom "PAUSE" "STOP" "PLAY" "x3" "x5".

It will be really usefull to learn a map with old games.

PS : Sorry about my english.

MERGED
Corporal JamesKer1
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Playback/Replay/Rewind/Review/History Game Feature

Postby sm8900 on Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:02 pm

interesting.
Corporal sm8900

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:32 am

Time for a bump.
Major Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 133
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby tigerbob on Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:10 am

I appologize for not reading the whole thread before posting (if what I have to say has already been said.)

Would it make any difference if the game history was saved to the user's computer after each round and then deleted from the server?

I would like to have the game history for learning purposes, but I would like for the history to only be available to those that are in game. I think it would be detrimental to allow general public access to histories that would lead to datamining such as is/was done in online poker.
Lieutenant tigerbob

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Training Achievement (1)

Postby agentcom on Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:30 pm

tigerbob wrote:I appologize for not reading the whole thread before posting (if what I have to say has already been said.)

Would it make any difference if the game history was saved to the user's computer after each round and then deleted from the server?

I would like to have the game history for learning purposes, but I would like for the history to only be available to those that are in game. I think it would be detrimental to allow general public access to histories that would lead to datamining such as is/was done in online poker.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that in the history of this suggestion someone did promote an exportable feature, and the admin liked that idea briefly. However, more recently, the admin have said that storage concerns would not be an impediment to implementation.

EDIT: Actually, you can see a pretty good summary of the discussion in the OP. In suggestions, you can usually check there first when you come across one of these mondo-threads
Colonel agentcom

Postby universalchiro on Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:53 am

This replay concept seems like a potential teaching tool or a means for the victor to revel in the thrill of victory. However, there is an adverse effect. Some elite players have discerned tactical advantages with a certain style of play, they wish to hold on to this advantage and that is why they play fog games. So to allow replay would reveal secrets of tactical prowess and neutralize advantages of superior tactics. Sure one could go through the game log and piece the puzzle together to see what the elite players are doing, but most are too lazy to do this. However the lazy will click a button to watch a replay of the game.

Solution: reject this suggestion. If this suggestion is accepted, then require all parties of a game have option to accept or deny re play of game.

Worse case scenario: two players that have an adversarial relationship play each other, and the winner records the re play of his glorious victory and he downloads the recorded replay to upload to his avatar or profile wall, to then humiliate the loser.

I vote "No" on replay concept. On the grounds of exposing secret battle tactics and the inclination of mankind to abuse a system for self gain, self glory or detriment of another.
General universalchiro
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 25
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Training Achievement (1)

Postby chapcrap on Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:15 am

universalchiro wrote:I vote "No" on replay concept. On the grounds of exposing secret battle tactics and the inclination of mankind to abuse a system for self gain, self glory or detriment of another.

I don't view this as that valid, personally. However, I don't mind if someone wants to accept/deny replay as an option. That could actually help save server space.
Major chapcrap

Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby tigerbob on Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:08 pm

agentcom wrote:
tigerbob wrote:I appologize for not reading the whole thread before posting (if what I have to say has already been said.)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that in the history of this suggestion someone did promote an exportable feature, and the admin liked that idea briefly. However, more recently, the admin have said that storage concerns would not be an impediment to implementation.

EDIT: Actually, you can see a pretty good summary of the discussion in the OP. In suggestions, you can usually check there first when you come across one of these mondo-threads

fwiw, i did read the OP. I didn't just come across it, it was brought up in a different forum by someone else (i believe Dukasaur.) My main point was that I would hate to see it turn into a datamining function. I don't know if someone had already mentioned that or not and didn't want to wade through 20+ pages of discussion to find out. Datamining may not be as big a problem with this game but I think it was detrimental to the poker community growing.
Lieutenant tigerbob

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Training Achievement (1)

AT END of GAME - GRAPHICAL INSTANT REPLY/REVIEW

Postby jojosasa on Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:42 pm

Hi,

AT END of GAME - GRAPHICAL INSTANT REPLY/REVIEW

When the game is all finished, an option to see a graphical/visual development of the game . move by move.

Not the text version, but the graphical map version.

You have the option to click forward or backwards to see the unfolding of the game. (Including fog of war)

Excellent for team strategy or review. Able to teach other player, thereby creating dialogue about CC, and keeping players engaged in the game. It be fun to see how fog of war troop deployments & movements develop.

Hardcore gamer's with probably too much time on their hands will review the text (NO FUN). Make it easier and enjoyable for everyone.

PLEASE... Don't be that person that says "I don't won't people to know my moves or this may better my opponents game" because that's a loser approach to gaming. True gamer's teach other's, while improving themselves.

It may help grow the game

Thank You.
Corporal 1st Class jojosasa

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Re: AT END of GAME - GRAPHICAL INSTANT REPLY/REVIEW

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:20 pm

Good idea, although it's not new. I see a merged thread in your future...:)
Major Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 133
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby spiesr on Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:01 pm

Captain spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) General Contribution (2)

Previous

Return to Suggestions