Playback/Replay/Rewind/Review/History Game Feature

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderators: Global Moderators, Suggestions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Okay, hear me out.

Postby the.killing.44 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:45 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:Has been suggested before. Many players disapproved of it because players didn't want others to know how they played a certain game with Fog of War.

You do realize there is a button that allows you to show the entire log (even in a foggy game!) without the ?'s, right?

If someone is really as uptight and committed enough to watch an entire game with the sole purpose of seeing how a person tends to play a foggy game—a very broad umbrella description, by the way; playing styles vary based on drop, rolls, etc.—they would already do so with the log.
Major the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (4)

Postby hotfire on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:41 am

if this were lex and terry radio they would have hung up on you after hearing the title for ur thread
Major hotfire

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (25) Clan Achievement (7) Challenge Achievement (1)

Postby SuicidalSnowman on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:43 am

I really like this idea.

I actually tried to do this in a 1v1 with screenshots taken before and after every turn, and then I put them together. It sort of worked, but was labor intensive, and anyways, the little numbers are hard to take in at a glance.

Having said that, I am pretty sure this was suggested before, and was shot down due to the amount of processing or server power it would take. I think Sully worked out the math and figured that even with the current game log info, it would require way too much. If I can find that thread I will post a link.

A second suggestion would be to work on a community developed program. You could try getting some of the tech guys together and see if the same info that runs map rank could run a game replay add on.
Private SuicidalSnowman

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (1) Training Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby jefjef on Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:07 am

Yes this had been suggested before. I imagine the server space it would need/use could be much better used. Just read the logs.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10)
Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:11 am

Merged
Sergeant 1st Class TheForgivenOne

Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)
General Contribution (11)

Postby macbone on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:55 am

I'm curious how much server space would be taken up by hosting replays of games. As a teaching and a learning tool, this sounds like an excellent idea. Perhaps we could limit access to games that have ended within a one- or two-week time frame.
Major macbone
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Location: Looking out over Victoria Harbor, thinking about Middle Earth and how good my wife looks
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:06 am

macbone wrote:I'm curious how much server space would be taken up by hosting replays of games. As a teaching and a learning tool, this sounds like an excellent idea. Perhaps we could limit access to games that have ended within a one- or two-week time frame.

If it was going to be limited it should be limited based on the number of rounds and the number of players in the game.. So basically the number of turns taken. Because otherwise a stalemate speed freestyle game could last 10 hours and 250 rounds, taking up alot of server space, meanwhile and 8-player casual game can take 20 rounds but take 2 months to complete if players take a long time to make their turns
Corporal iamkoolerthanu

Medals: 100
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (1)

Turn by Turn View of Map for Completed Games

Postby ATLBravosfan on Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:09 pm

Concise description:
  • Turn by turn view of the map of any game that has already concluded

Specifics/Details:
  • Once a game is finished, any player can go back and watch each turn be taken by pressing a "next" or "previous" turn button.
  • Each turn will reflect what was actually occurring during that turn of the game.
  • It would also be possible to view the map from each player's point of view from any turn to see what they saw/didn't see.
  • There would also be a way of jumping directly to a specific turn in the game, as some games are hundreds of turns long.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • How will this not benefit the site? Rather than having to go back through game logs and trying to imagine what happened in the game, each player would now have the ability to go back through and review any game they wish.
  • Sometimes you wonder how one team one, or how another team lost, whether one team blew it or another team used superior skill and tactics the entire game. Now you will know without a shadow of a doubt.
  • Also, this is a possible bonus that could be given out to premium members. Other gaming sites offer indepth statistics for their paying members, to give them a better advantage over the non-paying members. I'm not advocating this at all, but it could be utilized in just this way by the makers of this site.
Colonel ATLBravosfan

Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Turn by Turn View of Map for Completed Games

Postby mc05025 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:13 pm

although this is not a new idea

I like it
Colonel mc05025

Medals: 33
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2)
Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (5)

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:11 pm

Merged

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)

Replay of Game History.

Postby windyday on Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:06 pm

Concise description:
[list]
Upon the completion of a game the involved players would be able to watch a real time turn-by-turn play back of the entire game. Players would adjust how fast the video ran, by a turns/second setting. This could be both entertaining and instructive as players watch the events of the game unfold and watch as the power and fortune of each player rises and falls.
Specifics/Details:
[list]
This would probably work better on games that had been going on for a large amount of turns. Shorter games would not benefit as much.
[list]
This would allow players to review games and perhaps improve their skills which would in turn increase interest in the site. It is also just a very fun addition to the site that I believe many people would enjoy. People would be able to show friends and other players full playbacks of a game that they won or where something interesting happened.
Cook windyday

Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:16 pm

Try doing a search of the forum to see if your idea has already been suggested or not.

Postby Queen_Herpes on Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:18 pm

all-in-all, it would be nice to be able to view turn-by-turn, but the only benefits I see to this is perhaps an ego-trip if you were the winner or a method whereby community members could better identify cheating in the game. Is there something else about this suggestion that would benefit the game?
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006
Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Game Replayer

Postby TheFissk on Tue May 03, 2011 4:54 pm

[Concise description:
  • a way to "watch" your games after they have been finished

Specifics/Details:
  • their would be a option to go through the turns, (watch them be taken after they have been taken?).
  • i apologize if it has already been suggested or their is a add-on to do this. i'd like to be directed to it if their is.

• this would allow beginers to "watch" the better players take their turns and allow them to learn strategies and about the maps by watching experienced players play on them. this could be useful in the Society of Cooks because they can put interesting or good games up for show to learn from.
i'm not lost just exploring alternate destinations

Optimist invented the airplane, pessimists invented the parachute

I'm to good for victory
Private 1st Class TheFissk

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Game Replayer

Postby SirSebstar on Wed May 04, 2011 3:27 am

read the log?
the attacks (failed or succes) are not in the log, so that will prohibit any type of replay
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011
Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)

saving state of map every round for future reference

Postby liamrisksmart on Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:59 am

A forward and backward button that shows the state of the map as you saw it in previous rounds. So instead of looking at the actual game, if you click backward you would see the map as it was, not as it is. I think it would be an amazing tool. Not only would it be enjoyable to see how you clicnhed games or let others slip away but it would increase the standard of play in fog games.

after fog games it could also unfog all the snap shots of each round.

It would save people taking screen shots in fog games to remember the map better.
Major liamrisksmart

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Re: saving state of map every round for future reference

Postby tarcellius on Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:43 am

I think that would be a great idea, myself. It would also level the playing field between people who check on games often and those who check only on their turn.
Colonel tarcellius

Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (10)

Postby chapcrap on Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:56 pm

I would not mind something like this, but I doubt it will be implemented because of the snapshot feature in the BOB addon.
Captain chapcrap

Medals: 168
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby liamrisksmart on Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:20 am

chapcrap wrote:I would not mind something like this, but I doubt it will be implemented because of the snapshot feature in the BOB addon.

oh yeah? i didnt know about that. how does that work?
Major liamrisksmart

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby neanderpaul14 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:55 am

Here you go, follow the instructions in this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=41487

Good Luck :)

High score: 2724/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Private 1st Class neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson
Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (13)

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:55 am

liamrisksmart wrote:
chapcrap wrote:I would not mind something like this, but I doubt it will be implemented because of the snapshot feature in the BOB addon.

oh yeah? i didnt know about that. how does that work?

When you have BOB installed you can take snapshots, so you can revert back to them.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Major Bruceswar

Medals: 142
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (19) Training Achievement (6) Map Contribution (2)

Postby QoH on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:23 am

What would be nice is to have BOB take the snapshots automatically, for those of us who are lazy and/or forgetful
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Medals: 78
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10)
Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (7)

Postby lord voldemort on Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:32 am

QoH wrote:What would be nice is to have BOB take the snapshots automatically, for those of us who are lazy and/or forgetful

Can't happen. Dako knows the technical side of why. Something to do with where the data is stored
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (3)

Postby IcePack on Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:59 am

Yeah BOB does this exact thing. Would b nice if integrated but the options out there.
12:11:16 ‹Swifte› good thing we have the beta program to weed all these problems out
12:15:00 * IcePack joins Social
12:15:35 ‹Swifte› well that's just bad timing
Lieutenant IcePack
Beta Tester Extraordinaire
Beta Tester Extraordinaire

Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (16) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (12)

Postby sm8900 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:26 am

neanderpaul14 wrote:Here you go, follow the instructions in this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=41487

Good Luck :)

I gotta read this too. thanks.
Corporal sm8900

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions