Playback/Replay/Rewind/Review/History Game Feature

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Postby magico on Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:42 am

Anyway, if someone wants a replay game flash version, I only need access to a good "log" and to the "map". Then it is easy to develop the flash, for which I am an expert!
Private 1st Class magico
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:47 am
Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Replay Capability

Postby saadasim on Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:09 am

It would be a nice feature if a player could replay the game from the begnning and see what mistakes they made in order to improve their game.

Thanks for the effort!
Private 1st Class saadasim
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:56 pm
Location: Chicago, US

Postby yeti_c on Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:15 am

I believe the current situation is that this is impossible as it stands...

But when Log 2.0 comes out which gives a more fine grain of detail to what has happened in the games then it will be possible.

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Game Playback

Postby rabbiton on Sun May 27, 2007 12:37 am

Something that would be cool, in an utterly unnecessary way, would be the ability to play back an entire game, if only in fast forward.

If data storage was an issue, then maybe it would only be an active feature in certain circumstances, such as tournaments.
Field Marshal rabbiton
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 7:24 pm
Medals: 26
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1)
Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (3)

Postby AK_iceman on Sun May 27, 2007 12:41 am

A Watch Game option has already been rejected.

But if you check out the thread for Game Log 2.0 on the to-do list, once that is implemented it will be possible to create a script that will play back the game as a movie.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman
 
Posts: 5699
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 10:39 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (2)

Postby Iliad on Sun May 27, 2007 4:21 am

AK_iceman wrote:A Watch Game option has already been rejected.

But if you check out the thread for Game Log 2.0 on the to-do list, once that is implemented it will be possible to create a script that will play back the game as a movie.

Yeah I suggested that. Or at least I was one of the people who suggested the Watch game option.
User avatar
Private 1st Class Iliad
 
Posts: 10439
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:48 am
Medals: 1
Standard Achievement (1)

Suggestion: Instant replay for CC nerds (oh, oh, that's me!)

Postby mushin on Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:28 pm

Maybe I'm just retarded, which my wife says all the time. I'd love to see a way of actually studying a game after it has ended. Since the game log does not record the number of armies on any given country, right now it takes two days worth of coffee, a home-made pentagon-style war room, and a bad case of obsessive compulsive disorder to figure out exactly what happened during a given game. Could there be a way to actually replay a game to review tactics, boneheaded moves, or show your friends why you suspect the dice were possesed by the freaky faun in Pan's Labyrinth during round 6. Damn fauns.
If I seem slightly confused somebody please slap me.
User avatar
Corporal mushin
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:54 am
Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Suggestion: Instant replay for CC nerds (oh, oh, that's

Postby dominationnation on Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:30 pm

mushin wrote:Maybe I'm just retarded, which my wife says all the time. There should be a way,of actually studying a game after it has ended. Since the game log does not record the number of armies on any given country, right now it takes two days worth of coffee, a home-made pentagon-style war room, and a bad case of obsessive compulsive disorder to figure out exactly what happened during a given game. Could there be a way to actually replay a game to review tactics, boneheaded moves, or show your friends why you suspect the dice were possesed by the freaky faun in Pan's Labyrinth during round 6. Damn fauns.
game log 2.0 is coming out soon an once that happens game replays will be much easier to do.
Cook dominationnation
 
Posts: 4234
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:20 am

Re: Suggestion: Instant replay for CC nerds (oh, oh, that's

Postby wrightfan123 on Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:21 pm

mushin wrote:Maybe I'm just retarded, which my wife says all the time. I'd love to see a way of actually studying a game after it has ended. Since the game log does not record the number of armies on any given country, right now it takes two days worth of coffee, a home-made pentagon-style war room, and a bad case of obsessive compulsive disorder to figure out exactly what happened during a given game. Could there be a way to actually replay a game to review tactics, boneheaded moves, or show your friends why you suspect the dice were possesed by the freaky faun in Pan's Labyrinth during round 6. Damn fauns.


Yes! Fellow nerds MUST unite!
User avatar
Private 1st Class wrightfan123
 
Posts: 601
Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:58 pm
Location: Looking over every baseball team's schedule to try to determine who will win the World Series.
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Suggestion: Instant replay for CC nerds (oh, oh, that's

Postby robbart on Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:34 am

mushin wrote:Maybe I'm just retarded, which my wife says all the time. I'd love to see a way of actually studying a game after it has ended. Since the game log does not record the number of armies on any given country, right now it takes two days worth of coffee, a home-made pentagon-style war room, and a bad case of obsessive compulsive disorder to figure out exactly what happened during a given game. Could there be a way to actually replay a game to review tactics, boneheaded moves, or show your friends why you suspect the dice were possesed by the freaky faun in Pan's Labyrinth during round 6. Damn fauns.


I thought I was the only one whose wife called them retarded! Perhaps there are a few of us after all...

I second this. Not just for the geekiness of it, but it's a great way to study the strategy of the higher ranking officers here at CC.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class robbart
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:49 am
Location: Waldorf, MD

Re: Suggestion: Instant replay for CC nerds (oh, oh, that's

Postby robbart on Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:35 am

dominationnation wrote:
mushin wrote:Maybe I'm just retarded, which my wife says all the time. There should be a way,of actually studying a game after it has ended. Since the game log does not record the number of armies on any given country, right now it takes two days worth of coffee, a home-made pentagon-style war room, and a bad case of obsessive compulsive disorder to figure out exactly what happened during a given game. Could there be a way to actually replay a game to review tactics, boneheaded moves, or show your friends why you suspect the dice were possesed by the freaky faun in Pan's Labyrinth during round 6. Damn fauns.
game log 2.0 is coming out soon an once that happens game replays will be much easier to do.


What is this "game log" you speak of?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class robbart
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:49 am
Location: Waldorf, MD

Re: Suggestion: Instant replay for CC nerds (oh, oh, that's

Postby dominationnation on Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:55 pm

robbart wrote:
dominationnation wrote:
mushin wrote:Maybe I'm just retarded, which my wife says all the time. There should be a way,of actually studying a game after it has ended. Since the game log does not record the number of armies on any given country, right now it takes two days worth of coffee, a home-made pentagon-style war room, and a bad case of obsessive compulsive disorder to figure out exactly what happened during a given game. Could there be a way to actually replay a game to review tactics, boneheaded moves, or show your friends why you suspect the dice were possesed by the freaky faun in Pan's Labyrinth during round 6. Damn fauns.
game log 2.0 is coming out soon an once that happens game replays will be much easier to do.


What is this "game log" you speak of?


The game log is the box under the map that says who attacked who and when people fortifyed and stuff. Game log 2.0 is the new version on the *to do* list. It will tell you more information like who attacked even if they didnt conquer any territorys and how many armies were lost. Once this happens it will be very easy to replay a game. You could find the specifics on the to do list on the top of this fourm.
Cook dominationnation
 
Posts: 4234
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:20 am

Re: Suggestion: Instant replay for CC nerds (oh, oh, that's

Postby robbart on Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:58 pm

dominationnation wrote:
robbart wrote:
dominationnation wrote:
mushin wrote:Maybe I'm just retarded, which my wife says all the time. There should be a way,of actually studying a game after it has ended. Since the game log does not record the number of armies on any given country, right now it takes two days worth of coffee, a home-made pentagon-style war room, and a bad case of obsessive compulsive disorder to figure out exactly what happened during a given game. Could there be a way to actually replay a game to review tactics, boneheaded moves, or show your friends why you suspect the dice were possesed by the freaky faun in Pan's Labyrinth during round 6. Damn fauns.
game log 2.0 is coming out soon an once that happens game replays will be much easier to do.


What is this "game log" you speak of?


The game log is the box under the map that says who attacked who and when people fortifyed and stuff. Game log 2.0 is the new version on the *to do* list. It will tell you more information like who attacked even if they didnt conquer any territorys and how many armies were lost. Once this happens it will be very easy to replay a game. You could find the specifics on the to do list on the top of this fourm.


Ahh, THAT game log... sorry, I was thinking that perhaps you were referring to some tool or something.

Yeah, if the starting armies were and territories were stated in the game log it would be easy to replay it with some sort of Javascript front end... like through a greasemonkey script.... :D
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class robbart
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:49 am
Location: Waldorf, MD

Suggestion: Game Replay

Postby yearrgh on Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:44 pm

<Subject>:

* A replay button added to finished games so you can see the action on the map, instead of trying to figure it out from the game log.


<Body>:

* Suggestion Idea:

Whenever I used to play Civilization, after the game I enjoyed watching the ebb and flow of power on the map using the replay feature. It would be interesting to add a similar function to Conquer Club.

* Specifics:

A 'Replay' button is added below the final map where the 'Begin Turn' button goes. You click it and you browser automatically goes through the game as according to the game log. Nice features would include a speed setting, as well as pause, rewind, and fast-forward buttons.

* Why it is needed:

It will enable other players to see what happened in a game, rather than try to figure it out from the game log. Players can use it to reconsider strategy, figure out where things went wrong or right, or brag to each other.

* Priority** (1-5):

3. Not needed urgently, but it would be a great enhancement, IMHO.
Sergeant 1st Class yearrgh
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 8:22 pm
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby AK_iceman on Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:49 pm

Check out the thread for Game Log 2.0 on the To-Do List. Once that gets implemented, it will be possible to write a script that can play the game back as a movie.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman
 
Posts: 5699
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 10:39 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (2)

Postby wicked on Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:52 pm

a porno or a horror flick? :lol:
User avatar
Major wicked
 
Posts: 15794
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:23 pm
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby AK_iceman on Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:56 pm

Depends on who's playing. :wink:
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman
 
Posts: 5699
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 10:39 pm
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (2)

Postby yearrgh on Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:42 am

AK_iceman wrote:Check out the thread for Game Log 2.0 on the To-Do List. Once that gets implemented, it will be possible to write a script that can play the game back as a movie.


Ah. I figured someone would have thought of this, but I didn't see that one when I looked/searched.
Sergeant 1st Class yearrgh
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 8:22 pm
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

How impossible would it be to have replays?

Postby Turtle Power on Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:20 pm

Super impossible? I mean to be able to save games and re-watch them to develop strategy would be very helpful. Nothing fancy, just have it go turn by turn with a red arrow showing expansion. Like a screenshot taken after every turn.
Sergeant 1st Class Turtle Power
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:43 am

Postby wicked on Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:29 pm

This is on the To-Do list.

Nice name BTW. ;-)
User avatar
Major wicked
 
Posts: 15794
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:23 pm
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby Turtle Power on Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:18 pm

Thanks, I cant wait to watch some strategy it would be cool for people to post great games online.
Sergeant 1st Class Turtle Power
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:43 am

Replay / Review Games

Postby Heinyken on Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:54 pm

I looked through the topics to see if someone else had posted this, and through the To-Do List, and didn't find it in either, so I apologize in advance if this has already been brought up and/or vetoed.

What would it take to have some sort of option that could re-play, turn-by-turn, what happened throughout a game. It could be an option available only after a game ended, or maybe -- if possible -- while still active (so that a person could see what happened over the last Round).

Basically what I'm envisioning is a layout much like the one which already exists. It could have a "Next" button and could somehow read what each player did, blow-by-blow and illustrate it as the person clicked "Next" or "Play".

Does this make sense? I would like this so that I could analyze my own plays, and also the plays of other, more successful players. I think this could make for an interesting option.

Great job on the site, on the additions and everything else, this is a great idea and an awesome product! Thanks for your hard work!
-T.R. Hein o'Ken-
-Heinyken-
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Heinyken
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:52 pm
Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:27 pm

With 'Game Log 2.0', it will be possible for people to make programs to replay games and specific turns. Game Log 2.0 will also have a more detailed analysis of the turn in text also. Check it out, on the To-Do list.


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 25441
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Ah

Postby Heinyken on Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:44 pm

Excellent, I thought it had probably been brought up before. I'm glad to hear that about 2.0.
-T.R. Hein o'Ken-
-Heinyken-
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Heinyken
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:52 pm
Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)

After Game Review (game playback)

Postby tacomarocks on Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:24 pm

i thought it would be cool if there was a way which the game being played could be recorded some how and you can review it after the game is finished on the map in sort of in real time mode. like a playback

i know it is recorded through the game log but i thought it would be neat if the game log could be used to recreate the map each round so we can see how the game was played instead of having to read the log.

this could be cool especially when watching really good players because usually all their games finish with the map covered in one color and we wouldnt have to keep pressing refresh refresh refresh[/b]
Private 1st Class tacomarocks
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:13 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login