Unrated, Unranked, or No Points Games [REJECTED]

Suggestions that have not stood up to community review.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Would you like to see an unranked option when creating games?

Yes
19
54%
No
11
31%
Dont care
5
14%
 
Total votes : 35

Re: The "Request a Tie" option (Suggest Armistice)

Postby The Cheat on Tue May 31, 2011 9:00 pm

This is a terrible idea ... if you don't like the standoffs, play escalating; if you don't like escalating, don't be the first to crack and attack in a Mexican standoff ...
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class The Cheat
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:11 pm
Location: West Michigan
Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (2)

Re: Request a Draw (No Points Awarded)

Postby Army of GOD on Tue May 31, 2011 9:13 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
40kguy wrote:I like the idea just a few suggestions

offten times when i feel like ending the game or making it a draw, It is a statement with some people eliminated. How about we spread those points out to the people who can still win. For example me tdans and jsnyder are in the game, but ljex blitz and lindax are eliminated, we split up those points.


Again, this won't be happening. I've had to repeat this over and over and over again over the last few days. This is too easily open up for abuse.


wut



I remember this has been suggested before and the only way I was going to be for it was if it was a unanimous vote and no points were awarded, which Mets picked up. There is absolutely no way this could be abused (well, ok, maybe there is, like if two people who account sit for each other are in a 1v1 and one guy, who's losing, decides to log in to the other one and cancel the game, but that's pretty unlikely).

I fully support this suggestion.
Image
saxitoxin wrote:This is the Platinum Lounge, you POS. People should be able to enjoy a surprise dick pic now and then.
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5823
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Request a Draw (No Points Awarded)

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue May 31, 2011 9:24 pm

There's also terminator games. Points would have already been awarded in those games by the time the draw occurs.

-Sully
User avatar
Corporal Victor Sullivan
 
Posts: 7175
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:17 pm
Location: Columbus, OH
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Re: Request a Draw (No Points Awarded)

Postby Army of GOD on Tue May 31, 2011 9:40 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:There's also terminator games. Points would have already been awarded in those games by the time the draw occurs.

-Sully


I think a draw should give the points back.
Image
saxitoxin wrote:This is the Platinum Lounge, you POS. People should be able to enjoy a surprise dick pic now and then.
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5823
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Request a Draw (No Points Awarded)

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue May 31, 2011 9:46 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:
40kguy wrote:I like the idea just a few suggestions

offten times when i feel like ending the game or making it a draw, It is a statement with some people eliminated. How about we spread those points out to the people who can still win. For example me tdans and jsnyder are in the game, but ljex blitz and lindax are eliminated, we split up those points.


Again, this won't be happening. I've had to repeat this over and over and over again over the last few days. This is too easily open up for abuse.


wut



I remember this has been suggested before and the only way I was going to be for it was if it was a unanimous vote and no points were awarded, which Mets picked up. There is absolutely no way this could be abused (well, ok, maybe there is, like if two people who account sit for each other are in a 1v1 and one guy, who's losing, decides to log in to the other one and cancel the game, but that's pretty unlikely).

I fully support this suggestion.


I was referring to what 40kguy wrote, that in the result of a tie, the points from the eliminated players would be distributed to the remaining players.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class TheForgivenOne
 
Posts: 5157
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 8:27 pm
Location: Lost somewhere in the snow. HELP ME
Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)
General Contribution (11)

Re: Request a Draw (No Points Awarded)

Postby Army of GOD on Tue May 31, 2011 9:52 pm

Oh, my beezy
Image
saxitoxin wrote:This is the Platinum Lounge, you POS. People should be able to enjoy a surprise dick pic now and then.
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5823
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: Request a Draw (No Points Awarded)

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue May 31, 2011 10:18 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:There's also terminator games. Points would have already been awarded in those games by the time the draw occurs.

-Sully


I think a draw should give the points back.


Perhaps. In that game type there's no efficient way to collude, because only one of the conspirators can get points -- no sharing of the kill points are allowed, obviously. Another way would be to just change the terminator game type so that points are only awarded at the end of the game.
User avatar
Lieutenant Metsfanmax
 
Posts: 4251
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
Location: NY
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (7)

Re: The "Request a Tie" option (Suggest Armistice)

Postby vonraider on Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:00 pm

I like the idea, I have to admit to cracking and mindlessly attacking out of sheer boredom, but I think this option would be abused OFTEN!
User avatar
Captain vonraider
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:22 pm
Location: Oakland CA
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: The "Request a Tie" option (Suggest Armistice)

Postby patrickaa317 on Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:07 pm

vonraider wrote:I like the idea, I have to admit to cracking and mindlessly attacking out of sheer boredom, but I think this option would be abused OFTEN!


That's why my idea of -5 points is the best option out there. It'll avoid abuse and the only people who'd agree to are those truly in a deadlock. And it's better than just deadbeating out of it to get it over.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class patrickaa317
 
Posts: 2267
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:10 pm
Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (21)
Tournament Contribution (27) General Contribution (1)

Re: The "Request a Tie" option (Suggest Armistice)

Postby Boler on Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:36 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
vonraider wrote:I like the idea, I have to admit to cracking and mindlessly attacking out of sheer boredom, but I think this option would be abused OFTEN!


That's why my idea of -5 points is the best option out there. It'll avoid abuse and the only people who'd agree to are those truly in a deadlock. And it's better than just deadbeating out of it to get it over.


Why would people need to lose points? Everyone would be happier AND it still could not be abused if everyone got 0. Or people got points, but only if the game has been going on for 100+ turns in Casual, or 300+ in speed.

Can someone put up a Poll? A group vote is the best solution to everything.
Sergeant 1st Class Boler
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 10:20 pm
Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: The "Request a Tie" option (Suggest Armistice)

Postby patrickaa317 on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:57 pm

Boler wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
vonraider wrote:I like the idea, I have to admit to cracking and mindlessly attacking out of sheer boredom, but I think this option would be abused OFTEN!


That's why my idea of -5 points is the best option out there. It'll avoid abuse and the only people who'd agree to are those truly in a deadlock. And it's better than just deadbeating out of it to get it over.


Why would people need to lose points? Everyone would be happier AND it still could not be abused if everyone got 0. Or people got points, but only if the game has been going on for 100+ turns in Casual, or 300+ in speed.

Can someone put up a Poll? A group vote is the best solution to everything.


0 points would be an easy way out for all parties. If all parties lost minimal points, it would discourage the amount of ties that would be selected but for those honest to god stalemates, it would be an option out.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class patrickaa317
 
Posts: 2267
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:10 pm
Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (21)
Tournament Contribution (27) General Contribution (1)

Re: The "Request a Tie" option (Suggest Armistice)

Postby Boler on Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:56 am

You're worried that there would be too many ties? Remember, everyone has to agree if a stalemate should be called, and I think that as long as one player thinks s/he has any chance of winning s/he will not agree to the stalemate.

So as long as it is not a true stalemate the game won't be stopped.
Sergeant 1st Class Boler
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 10:20 pm
Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: The "Request a Tie" option (Suggest Armistice)

Postby patrickaa317 on Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:37 pm

Boler wrote:You're worried that there would be too many ties? Remember, everyone has to agree if a stalemate should be called, and I think that as long as one player thinks s/he has any chance of winning s/he will not agree to the stalemate.

So as long as it is not a true stalemate the game won't be stopped.


I think the tie option would be abused if there wasn't a small penalty behind it. I want ties to only happen in true to god stalemates. Not because players set up games to learn maps with friends, then after a few rounds, utilize the tie feature just to nullify the game so that noone loses points.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class patrickaa317
 
Posts: 2267
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:10 pm
Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (21)
Tournament Contribution (27) General Contribution (1)

Re: Request a Draw (No Points Awarded)

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:44 pm

So where are we on this? Is there anyone out there that is actually opposed to having this option? I'd like to hear your thoughts if so.
User avatar
Lieutenant Metsfanmax
 
Posts: 4251
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
Location: NY
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (7)

Re: Request a Draw (No Points Awarded)

Postby Boler on Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:33 pm

No points, no problem.

It will work, and it will bring relief to people in stalemate games, especially for Freemiums.

My vote is Yes.
Sergeant 1st Class Boler
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 10:20 pm
Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Request a Draw (No Points Awarded)

Postby greenoaks on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:08 am

Metsfanmax wrote:So where are we on this? Is there anyone out there that is actually opposed to having this option? I'd like to hear your thoughts if so.

i am opposed to it.

this would allow people to play and learn a map without losing/risking points, making the current scoring system pointless as it ceases to be a reflection of their skill/luck on ALL of the maps they have played and ALL of the games they have played.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: Request a Draw (No Points Awarded)

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:28 am

greenoaks wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:So where are we on this? Is there anyone out there that is actually opposed to having this option? I'd like to hear your thoughts if so.

i am opposed to it.

this would allow people to play and learn a map without losing/risking points, making the current scoring system pointless as it ceases to be a reflection of their skill/luck on ALL of the maps they have played and ALL of the games they have played.


If I were proposing a resign option in a similar manner, I'd agree with you. But the fact is that in most cases you don't expect to be in a stalemate position in the first place. You cannot reliably go into a game and just try to play for a draw even in the new system; there's too many variables that just make it too unlikely. Remember, if even one player does not want the draw, it doesn't happen.
User avatar
Lieutenant Metsfanmax
 
Posts: 4251
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
Location: NY
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (7)

Re: Request a Draw (No Points Awarded)

Postby greenoaks on Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:00 am

this is still a no points option which has been rejected many times before.

all games are for points.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
 
Posts: 9997
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:47 am
Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Re: Request a Draw (No Points Awarded)

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:08 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:So where are we on this? Is there anyone out there that is actually opposed to having this option? I'd like to hear your thoughts if so.

i am opposed to it.

this would allow people to play and learn a map without losing/risking points, making the current scoring system pointless as it ceases to be a reflection of their skill/luck on ALL of the maps they have played and ALL of the games they have played.


If I were proposing a resign option in a similar manner, I'd agree with you. But the fact is that in most cases you don't expect to be in a stalemate position in the first place. You cannot reliably go into a game and just try to play for a draw even in the new system; there's too many variables that just make it too unlikely. Remember, if even one player does not want the draw, it doesn't happen.



I can take a friend of mine and do exactly as stated by greenoaks. Make it private and as soon as someone is going to win draw the game and play another to learn it.


This has soo many flaws but I am stopping there.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Image
User avatar
Major Bruceswar
 
Posts: 9598
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:36 am
Location: Cow Pastures
Medals: 142
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (19) Training Achievement (6) Map Contribution (2)

Re: Request a Draw (No Points Awarded)

Postby padsta on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:09 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:So where are we on this? Is there anyone out there that is actually opposed to having this option? I'd like to hear your thoughts if so.

i am opposed to it.

this would allow people to play and learn a map without losing/risking points, making the current scoring system pointless as it ceases to be a reflection of their skill/luck on ALL of the maps they have played and ALL of the games they have played.


If I were proposing a resign option in a similar manner, I'd agree with you. But the fact is that in most cases you don't expect to be in a stalemate position in the first place. You cannot reliably go into a game and just try to play for a draw even in the new system; there's too many variables that just make it too unlikely. Remember, if even one player does not want the draw, it doesn't happen.


greenoaks is right, you would get groups of friends or clanmates playing a whole bunch of new maps with a preset agreement to end the match as a draw once it is near completion with the sole purpose of learning the maps and not risking points. then taking this newfound knowledge of the map and playing random people to gain points.
send me an invite if you are looking for teammate medal
User avatar
Captain padsta
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:55 am
Medals: 62
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (4)
Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (1)

Re: Request a Draw (No Points Awarded)

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:56 am

try to do this in your head. points are always the finish of cc.
Image
User avatar
Major SirSebstar
 
Posts: 7329
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:51 am
Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011
Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (11)

Re: Request a Draw (No Points Awarded)

Postby Boler on Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:48 am

I suggested this the the last time a similar thread was up, but...

How about a time limit?

Only games that have lasted (Insert huge amount here) of hours can use the option.
I doubt anyone will try to freely learn any games with that in effect.
Sergeant 1st Class Boler
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 10:20 pm
Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Request a Draw (No Points Awarded)

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:35 am

Boler wrote:I suggested this the the last time a similar thread was up, but...

How about a time limit?

Only games that have lasted (Insert huge amount here) of hours can use the option.
I doubt anyone will try to freely learn any games with that in effect.


For a premium clan player who has the capability of abusing this system as stated, this would not be a major issue, since it only takes a few seconds to take your turn each day once they got bored with the map and they can have dozens of other games going in the mean time.

You could also prevent a draw option in private games, although of course a clan could still create a public team game and do the same thing if they're quick about it.
User avatar
Lieutenant Metsfanmax
 
Posts: 4251
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm
Location: NY
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (7)

Re: The "Request a Tie" option (Suggest Armistice)

Postby blakebowling on Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:26 pm

As has been said many, many, many times before.

Rejected due to previous abuse.
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 5046
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:09 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1
Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Re: The "Request a Tie" option (Suggest Armistice)

Postby Qwert on Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:41 pm

like i sugested many times, tie abuse will be eliminated,if you add that after 100 rounds , tie button will be activated, and then ,only if all players agree ,game could be announce to be tie. Ofcourse,these only work,when you have minimum of 3 players still alive,if these drop to 2 player, tie button are blocked.
Image
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
User avatar
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 9193
Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:07 pm
Location: VOJVODINA
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

PreviousNext

Return to Rejected Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron
Login