Unrated, Unranked, or No Points Games [REJECTED]

Suggestions that have not stood up to community review.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Would you like to see an unranked option when creating games?

Yes
54%
No
31%
Dont care
14%

Total votes : 35

Re: Request a Draw (No Points Awarded)

Postby greenoaks on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:08 am

Metsfanmax wrote:So where are we on this? Is there anyone out there that is actually opposed to having this option? I'd like to hear your thoughts if so.

i am opposed to it.

this would allow people to play and learn a map without losing/risking points, making the current scoring system pointless as it ceases to be a reflection of their skill/luck on ALL of the maps they have played and ALL of the games they have played.
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:28 am

greenoaks wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:So where are we on this? Is there anyone out there that is actually opposed to having this option? I'd like to hear your thoughts if so.

i am opposed to it.

this would allow people to play and learn a map without losing/risking points, making the current scoring system pointless as it ceases to be a reflection of their skill/luck on ALL of the maps they have played and ALL of the games they have played.

If I were proposing a resign option in a similar manner, I'd agree with you. But the fact is that in most cases you don't expect to be in a stalemate position in the first place. You cannot reliably go into a game and just try to play for a draw even in the new system; there's too many variables that just make it too unlikely. Remember, if even one player does not want the draw, it doesn't happen.
Lieutenant Metsfanmax

Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (7)

Postby greenoaks on Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:00 am

this is still a no points option which has been rejected many times before.

all games are for points.

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:08 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

i am opposed to it.

If I were proposing a resign option in a similar manner, I'd agree with you. But the fact is that in most cases you don't expect to be in a stalemate position in the first place. You cannot reliably go into a game and just try to play for a draw even in the new system; there's too many variables that just make it too unlikely. Remember, if even one player does not want the draw, it doesn't happen.

I can take a friend of mine and do exactly as stated by greenoaks. Make it private and as soon as someone is going to win draw the game and play another to learn it.

This has soo many flaws but I am stopping there.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Major Bruceswar

Medals: 142
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (19) Training Achievement (6) Map Contribution (2)

Postby padsta on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:09 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

i am opposed to it.

greenoaks is right, you would get groups of friends or clanmates playing a whole bunch of new maps with a preset agreement to end the match as a draw once it is near completion with the sole purpose of learning the maps and not risking points. then taking this newfound knowledge of the map and playing random people to gain points.
send me an invite if you are looking for teammate medal
Captain padsta

Medals: 62
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (4)
Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:56 am

try to do this in your head. points are always the finish of cc.
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011
Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (11)

Postby Boler on Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:48 am

I suggested this the the last time a similar thread was up, but...

How about a time limit?

Only games that have lasted (Insert huge amount here) of hours can use the option.
I doubt anyone will try to freely learn any games with that in effect.
Sergeant 1st Class Boler

Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:35 am

Boler wrote:I suggested this the the last time a similar thread was up, but...

How about a time limit?

Only games that have lasted (Insert huge amount here) of hours can use the option.
I doubt anyone will try to freely learn any games with that in effect.

For a premium clan player who has the capability of abusing this system as stated, this would not be a major issue, since it only takes a few seconds to take your turn each day once they got bored with the map and they can have dozens of other games going in the mean time.

You could also prevent a draw option in private games, although of course a clan could still create a public team game and do the same thing if they're quick about it.
Lieutenant Metsfanmax

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (7)

Re: The "Request a Tie" option (Suggest Armistice)

Postby blakebowling on Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:26 pm

As has been said many, many, many times before.

Rejected due to previous abuse.
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Postby Qwert on Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:41 pm

like i sugested many times, tie abuse will be eliminated,if you add that after 100 rounds , tie button will be activated, and then ,only if all players agree ,game could be announce to be tie. Ofcourse,these only work,when you have minimum of 3 players still alive,if these drop to 2 player, tie button are blocked.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Postby patrickaa317 on Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:55 pm

blakebowling wrote:As has been said many, many, many times before.

Rejected due to previous abuse.

Did previous abuse include players accepting the tie still losing points? Noone would give into a tie and lose points if they had a chance to win and gain points.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant 1st Class patrickaa317

Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (21)
Tournament Contribution (27) General Contribution (1)

Postby stahrgazer on Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:12 pm

nvrijn wrote:We've all been there. The game is down to 3 players from 8 ... it's the gunfight scene from the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. The guy who shoots first will get killed by the 3rd guy. So everyone sits there waiting ... and waiting ... until one guy cracks.

It's not really a game. I've got one game where I'm training my kids to take over because I think it will outlast my lifetime. What we need is a "REQUEST TIE" button. Any player presses it, and the others can respond on their next turn (anonymously). If everyone agrees, the points are split equally as if they were a team. But everyone has to agree.

It might be that "Tie-able / One Winner" might be an option like "Manual / Automatic", so players who didn't want this could avoid those games.

If no points were split, I'd think this might fly.

But splitting points seems unfair if they're not going to play the game out like the first 5 did.
Sergeant 1st Class stahrgazer

Medals: 57
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (8)
Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (7)

Postby Woodruff on Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:57 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
Boler wrote:You're worried that there would be too many ties? Remember, everyone has to agree if a stalemate should be called, and I think that as long as one player thinks s/he has any chance of winning s/he will not agree to the stalemate.

So as long as it is not a true stalemate the game won't be stopped.

I think the tie option would be abused if there wasn't a small penalty behind it. I want ties to only happen in true to god stalemates. Not because players set up games to learn maps with friends, then after a few rounds, utilize the tie feature just to nullify the game so that noone loses points.

Exactly. This would simply result in friends playing games AS IF POINTS WERE NOT COUNTED, with the agreement to ditch the game as it neared it's end. For instance, the big outcry against "no points games" is that people can then figure out a map without risking anything. Well, implementing this would result in precisely the same thing happening.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Allow Premium Members to play live games...

Postby Metricsystemlove on Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:03 am

Concise description:
After purchasing premium, members should be able to play live games on the site with a friend in the room, off of the same computer. I know the quick answer would be to tell a friend to go freemium, and play your friends this way. However, this would involve constant logging in and out of CC with different usernames and passwords, making it look like you would be a multi using the same IP address.

Specifics/Details:
While playing Live Games, your score/rank will not be affected.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
This will bring new people to the site, plain and simple. Countless times as a member of CC, a friend has come over to my house, and they see me totally addicted to CC. I tell them all about it, they become interested, but they can't play. They watch me play it. I suggest that they start a fremium account, but they never do. This could also work within the confines of the referral program, there could be a question such as: "Were you referred to CC by an active user?"
Lieutenant Metricsystemlove

Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (11)

Re: Allow Premium Members to play live games...

Postby TheSaxlad on Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:51 am

Its a nice Idea but I believe the idea of offline gaming, has been suggested and dumped before?
Image Caution: playing team games with TheSaxlad can lead to shortness of breath, high blood pressure and other-stress related illnesses!

Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Lieutenant TheSaxlad

Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (3)

Postby Metricsystemlove on Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:23 am

My entire reason for suggesting this is that any offline gaming, will more often than not lead to online gaming. Conquer Club is great, and I believe that this will lead to more business for the site.

Also, I tried searching for a suggestion like this, but I couldn't think of the proper wording for it.
Lieutenant Metricsystemlove

Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (11)

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:13 pm

I also think this has been suggested and rejected before.. But I am not sure why

All it would do is add to the member-base! I showed my friend the site yesterday, she thought it was cool, but wouldn't take the time to make an account and try to learn how to play on her own. If live games was implemented, I could have started a game with her and showed her how to play instantly, potentially getting her addicted to join CC
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Medals: 100
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (1)

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:31 am

Moving to REJECTED because of potential to intentionally use this feature for no-points games.
Lieutenant Metsfanmax

General Contribution (7)

Friendly games

Postby wildwilliam on Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:16 pm

Concise description:
  • Have option to play a friendly game where no points are awarded or lost.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • would allow users to play new maps they normally wouldn't for fear of not understanding how to play.
Corporal wildwilliam

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Friendly games

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:23 pm

Suggested and Rejected before.
Sergeant 1st Class TheForgivenOne

Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)

Postby wildwilliam on Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:32 am

what was the reason?
Corporal wildwilliam

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby greenoaks on Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:01 am

all games count

Postby blakebowling on Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:07 am

Points aren't for wagering or betting, they're designed to be a measure of your skill.
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:09 pm

Why gives players the ability to master a map without risking points? If you want to learn a map, risk the points.
Sergeant 1st Class TheForgivenOne

Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)

Recreational games

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:05 pm

ok, so what i mean by recreational game is this:
your points stay the same
edit the map and any other game options

now wait before you say "but then the person on top of the leaderboards will come down" thats why you put a limit of how many you can play a day (i was thinking 5?)

so ya, thats it, love to get feedback... :)
Lieutenant crazymilkshake5

Medals: 81
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (8) Map Contribution (1)
Tournament Contribution (17) General Contribution (3)

PreviousNext

Return to Rejected Suggestions