Option for players to set, stake or bet points [REJECTED]

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Suggestions Team

Postby yeti_c on Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:40 am

AndyDufresne wrote:You'd be surprised! But even if we added a rank you need to achieve, it seems like an option we'd be less likely to consider.

--Andy

You're probably right - in my initial post I wasn't sure whether it would be useful/too easy to be abused - stil it generated some interest here so perhaps worth considering if the wrinkles can be ironed out.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby Marvaddin on Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:56 am

What about if you could bet 5 to 40 points in a game? Flat options like 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 would already be ok. Bet games should be another singles variation, as standard and terminator. The game creator decides how much all will bet (everyone will bet the same amount), and this would be clear to the ones joining the games. Instead of standard, it could appear like "Bet: 10" or "Bet (10)".

Once you have achieved 500 points, you cant start / join more bet games (so no need to worry about negative score and much abuse).

I think it would be good for the whole community. The possibility of cool games risking only 5 points could bring veterans back to public games. If they want a top fight, they can gain 200 points for winning.

The main problem I see is: some guys could use this to get 200 points from deadbeats and privates in public games, so maybe we could use a reducer according to the ranking. Like, if a colonel wins, he gets 80% of the points from majors, 60% from captains, and so. The rest is missed, or, well I dont know.

Or, we could just allow to join the bet games people that are same level or 1 level up or down the game creator.

What do you guys think?
Major Marvaddin

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Map Contribution (3)

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:42 pm

I'm still not in favor of this, mostly because I know I will be dealing with the extra multis, along with our multi hunters!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby hecter on Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:27 pm

If people want rank so badly that they want to do a crapload of work to get all those points then let them. I don't really care that much about rank, i just want to have fun. So if they want to be a general that badly then say fine, because it won't increase there ability at all. While they enjoy there ill earned rank, the rest of us can have loads of fun with this new system.
Private 1st Class hecter

Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:36 pm

Unfortunately, I don't see many taking such a care free attitude toward cheaters.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby pancakemix on Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:44 pm

What if it was avalible only to premium members? That would definetly stop people from making multiple accounts.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby hecter on Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:54 pm

I want to play that to. I really want to play that, and i'm cheap, so i dont wanna buy a premium.
Private 1st Class hecter

Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby ericisshort on Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:59 pm

I think this could be an interesting idea but the possibilities for exploiting it would make it necesary to have a lot of restrictions, which would be a pain in the arse to code.
Captain ericisshort

Postby CBlake on Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:09 am

AndyDufresne wrote:Still not a fan of it, one more way to abuse the system and encourage people to create more multiple accounts. :)

--Andy

thats why we have multi hunters :wink:

and if you are really that dumb to cheat on an online risk site u must not have a life
dcowboys055 wrote:The alaska PD pwned you brian.
Captain CBlake

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby LewisJB3 on Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:25 am

I don't really like it because the high ranked players would use it to keep there points from privates.
Cook LewisJB3

Medals: 31
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)

Postby everywhere116 on Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:16 am

CBlake wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:Still not a fan of it, one more way to abuse the system and encourage people to create more multiple accounts. :)

--Andy

thats why we have multi hunters :wink:

and if you are really that dumb to cheat on an online risk site u must not have a life

I know its sad if you have to cheat, but people still do it.
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby mandalorian2298 on Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:42 pm

But why not make it availible only to "members in good standing" (aka generals) and only after a request has been made to and had been aproved by admins? It could be like weekly or monthly events. And it would give us low-ranks an opportunity to watch generals fighting (and being demoted :twisted: ) . IMO there would be a lot of interess for watching these type of matches, if they are properly anounced in the Callouts
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby max is gr8 on Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:12 am

I think no.
That is all I need to say.
It could be easily abused the only time I could think of a use for it is during tournaments. And tounaments are not important enough to have settings made just for them
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11)

Wager games

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Thu May 31, 2007 4:45 pm

Mainly for 2 player games. The players can wager the amount of points they are willing the bet on the game.
Corporal 1st Class ParadiceCity9

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby Spritzking on Thu May 31, 2007 5:35 pm

this has already been rejected

it is to much in for, well you are my friend, we both bet 500 points and i lose against you....
Major Spritzking

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

PotLuck and a game type

Postby ChaoticWraith on Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:51 pm

<Body>:

* Suggestion Idea: potluck tourneys

* Specifics: more than 6 players can donate 20 points to the pot to enter the tourney or a specified amount and whoever comes out standing through a knockout gets all the points from pot.
* Why it is needed: Gives a bigger incentive to get first place in the tournaments as more points are at stake if you do win.

* Priority** (1-5): 1

other notes: how about adding a game type in which people win after a specified number of rounds based on the number of countries they own and how big their army is. If you want to know a name how about conquerer mode.
Captain ChaoticWraith

Postby magneticgoop on Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:20 pm

interesting pretty good idea maybe even as an option in all game types
Cook magneticgoop

Location: Screaming at the TV as Norv Turner turns the chargers into the worst team in the NFL =(

Postby pancakemix on Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:39 pm

It has potential for abuse by multis, though. Two multis put in all their points and deadbeat. It could be dangerous.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby alex_white101 on Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:30 pm

pancakemix wrote:It has potential for abuse by multis, though. Two multis put in all their points and deadbeat. It could be dangerous.

thats exactly the same as a multi starting a 3 player and letting the other 2 deadbeat. u cannot stop and new ideas from fear of multis.......
''Many a true word is spoken in jest''
Corporal 1st Class alex_white101

Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Fircoal on Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:55 pm

alex_white101 wrote:
pancakemix wrote:It has potential for abuse by multis, though. Two multis put in all their points and deadbeat. It could be dangerous.

thats exactly the same as a multi starting a 3 player and letting the other 2 deadbeat. u cannot stop and new ideas from fear of multis.......

there is a difference, if there is a limit, then maybe, but if not, then they could give all of there points, and there comes the earliest colenal EVAR!
ImageImageVote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Captain Fircoal

Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (2)

wager your points

Postby kid.kaboom on Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:54 am

How would you like to wager points? A player when creating a game would decide how many points they are going to put on the line. The challenger would then have to match those points to play.
It is kind of like a bet. You could tell a friend or player I bet you 50 points that I could beat you! This would be an interesting change.
Of course there would have to be limits. A maximum amount of points would have to be in effect, mainly for cheaters, but also so you cant lose all your points in a day. Another way to limit this would be by percent%. Either the player that creates the game can not wager more than... 5% or whatever number. The joining player would have to match the points and not exceed the percent; either that or the 1st player would have to play for... 5% of the lower ranked player.
this would just be an option. maybe only in private games
Last edited by kid.kaboom on Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant kid.kaboom

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)

Postby SirSebstar on Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:45 am

so basicly I could play blitz and have say 50 points from winning from him, OR then he gets them 50 points too?
talk about point inflation..
I like the betting and the pot. try it for a tournement maybe, but defo not for regular games.
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011
Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (11)

Postby Genghis Khan CA on Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:48 am

This has been suggest 1000 times before and rejected with good reason. I suggest you visit those threads. :roll:
Highest score: 562
Highest place: 16590
Highest rank: Private
Brigadier Genghis Khan CA

Medals: 2
Clan Achievement (2)

Postby chessplaya on Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:02 am

this is a funny idea lol
Veni...
Vidi...
Vici...
Captain chessplaya

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)

Postby boberz on Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:57 am

SirSebstar wrote:I like the betting and the pot. try it for a tournement maybe, but defo not for regular games.

this sounds good
Cadet boberz

Medals: 1
Standard Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions