Conquer Club

A Chance to Write History: WWIII [Ongoing]

Tournaments completed in 2013

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: A Chance to Write History: WWIII [Post Submissions: Day

Postby WorldCup4James on Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:55 am

I shall allow until CC Time: 2012-02-07 01:00:00 for any player (ANY) to post a submission, "battle idea" here below.

Skim over the contents of the above post for details on how you can contribute to the script of World War III!
Sergeant 1st Class WorldCup4James

The Beginning

Postby blitzkreig2 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:58 am

After decades of oppression, low wages, poor working conditions, environmental pollution, and censorship an underground workers movement gains steam in China, and millions o fed up factory workers strike nationwide. This is followed by a brutally violent government crackdown. The Chinese workers party (CWP) now sees complete overthrow of the Chinese government as their only option.
To compete militarily with the well armed Chinese government forces (CGF) the CWP gathers support Regionally from India, Tibet, Mongolia, and Korea forming the Alliance with the like goals of undoing Chinese oppression of freedom and technology. The CGF gains the support of like minded regimes in Russia and Vietnam forming the confederation.

Map: Fractured China
Spoils: Escalating (due to each side gradually drawing more support)
Reinforcements: chained (clash of media censorship and social media)
No Fog
Sergeant 1st Class blitzkreig2

Postby calicus on Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:57 am

JIHAD!!
tired of the slow withdrawal of western forces from the mideast, sensing vulnerability in an alliance of weakened beset politicians, Muslim fundamentalist coalition leaders synchronizes a series of riots within the major western countries in areas of heavy under-employed muslim immigrants(paris, london,illinois). successful beyond their wildest hopes these riots grow and attract the support of under-employed and over looked every where.
MAP- city mogul (house to house fighting)
REINFORCEMENTS-adj (limited movement,communication, organization)
SPOILS-escalating (the fever spreads!)
FOGGY- (lack of preparedness and good intelligence at the start of this conflict)
Private calicus

Postby chapcrap on Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:55 am

Tired of waging war in their own countries, the Confederation numbers grew. They no longer wanted a World Power and were determined to make it so. They began with the bombing of major first world cities, including London, Tokyo, New York City, and Paris.

Ultimately, the rebel forces of Africa and the combined forces of the Middle East and lower Asia determined that the war should be taken to the North American continent. They saw no reason why war should continue in their own back yards while Americans sat at home with no worries in the world. The bombing of more American cities began. Los Angeles, Dallas, Seattle, Chicago, and other major US cities felt the brunt of this attack as they were essentially turned into a Nuclear radiation zone. More and more countries joined in support as America began to fall and a Nuclear could started to cover the country...and the earth.

USApocalypse
Chained
Nuclear
Foggy
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby jcmontys on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:21 am

It is year 2050, the alliance industrial super power countries (USA, China, UK, India, Brazil) have exploited thier productions means for profits and polluted the Earth. They are buying there way out with thier filthy money and leaving the rest of the countries to suffer the consequences like hurracane, flooding, tornados of thier predatory lifestyle.

The countries of the confederation (developing countries) are fed of having thier population suffer and have taken arms against the industrial super powers. Confederation lack the technology of the countries of the alliace, but make up in the size of countries.

Extreme Global Warming
Chained
Nuclear
Foggy
Corporal 1st Class jcmontys

Postby rpshawn on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:58 am

please set me up neutral,thanks,robert
Cadet rpshawn

Postby Tatts on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:41 am

By 2077 all continents were pillaged for their raw minerals, wood and farmland what remained was blitzed and destroyed by the fighting of various factions with just two sides remaining (The Global confederate Mining conglomerate GcMc :lol: and The Environmental good life alliance Egla :o ) having both set up bases in the last frontier ā€œAntarcticaā€, these are the last of humanity although birth rate maintains population (flat rate spoils), communication and viability is not possible due to the high winds and constant snow/freezing temperatures (fog of war,) reinforcements can be achieved by the chained dog sledge system set up by both sides. Humanity depends on you to do the right thing and stand up to what you believe in, let the fight for the final frontier commence. =D>
Antarctica (The last frontier)
Chained (via Dog sledge system)
Flat Rate Spoils (Representing the irregular nature of the birth rate in each side)
Foggy (Due to high winds, snow and freezing temperatures)
Sergeant 1st Class Tatts

Postby czech59 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:59 pm

They said that WWI was the war to end all wars. The common people fought it and believed it. Little did the world know that there were much greater forces behind the war. Power brokers, men who controlled great and vast fortunes and lived relatively unknown by most. This war was there doing, an experiment, a prelude to a future and greater war and cause. They called themselves "THE ALLIANCE".
Unknown to them a smaller group of men had learned of their organization. Unable to compete with the vast fortunes these men worked in the shadows, trying to foil the ALLIANCES plans though back channels and trickery. These men called themselves "THE CONFEDERACY". Unfortunately, THE CONFEDERACY knew only a small portion of the master plan.
Thus began the ebb and flow of future events, neither side having full control, yet both sides driving full speed towards the eventual outcome of mankind.

Tournament starts in "Europe"

anybody can improve upon this, its just a beginner script
Captain czech59

Postby General Tazz on Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:57 pm

in plez for the Conf.
Cook General Tazz

Postby WorldCup4James on Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:34 pm

General Tazz wrote:in plez for the Conf.

I already have you signed up for the tournament, though for the Alliance:

Re: A Chance to Write History: World War III

Postby WorldCup4James on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:07 pm

show: List of Players

hide: Players in the Alliance
1. traffic133
2. general cod
3. dumhic
4. sandman175
5. rishark1969
6. Leverpuller
7. spartacus65
8. eagleblade
9. dorsettrob
10. jcmontys
11. solar
12. zissou2
13. generalahole
14. sotdil
15. blitzkreig2
16. Alexlau
17. unionman
18. MattiWacklin
19. billclinton13
20. Maisel002
21. DimnjacarStef
22. General Tazz
23. uckuki
24. alec.ramsden
25. ianphull
26. chidone
27. curler8
28. thelord

It was intended that each player stays on the same side throughout the tournament; since you already signed up for the Alliance and the divisions have already been finalized, I will have you stay on the Alliance for the tournament.

These submissions look great! I love the great effort!

All of you have indicated two clear sides, which is good, but it would be great if you could be as specific as possible. Feel free to make up names for fake countries or organizations if you wish!

Pictures are more than welcome, of course, if you know how to upload them using photobucket.com!

Postby calicus on Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:19 am

addendum to my post-
on the third night of the global rioting two very different meetings took place within hours of each other. in a secure cave in the afghan mountain range 7 leaders met- iran,venezuala,al qaeda,a drug zsar from mexico with grandious plans, a representative of the peoples army of china, the leader of the national african caucus and an imam from detroit of all places. thus was formed the alliance for world opportunity. it's counter met virtually, using the latest secure technology. the leaders of america,england,india,japan,brazil,russia and the newly elected gov't of iraq discussed forming what one english general quipped would be "the confederacy for commen sense" in order to quell the rising turmoil.
Private calicus

Postby WorldCup4James on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:10 am

After our first day, we've already seen some great submissions, and I'm very glad to see all the effort! It's gonna be tough for the voters to decide which idea is best! =D> =D> =D>

Remember, if you haven't yet written up your idea, you've still got 6 days to write one!

I should have added this to the message I sent to everyone.

General Rules for Writing History

Any of the 70 players may write history, even if you have qualified for the MOH Cup.

I will be quite lenient on our stories, as long as they follow these guidelines,

• I indicate that there are two clear sides (countries, organizations, peoples, etc.), fighting against each other, in the battle.
  • One side must be designated as a member or defacto supporter of the Alliance for World Opportunity, and one side must be designated as a member or defacto supporter of the Confederation of Common Sense.
  • I provide a brief (a few sentences) summary of what triggers the battle/invasion/conflict.
  • I indicate the 1 Conquer Club map and the 1 group of settings ALL games (including the 1v1 games AND the 4-7 player Standard games) will be played on; remember, all games must be Automatic, Sequential, and Casual.
  • The map has not yet been used in the tournament, and it represents or is somehow connected to the events of the battlefield where the battle is taking place.
  • I post my submission on the tournament page.
  • The occurrences are reasonably historically plausible, and while the event may target a group of people or an ideology, I am not using this as a chance to be openly hostile, racist, or offensive toward a group of people or ideology.
  • While there may be nuclear warfare, I must allow for there to be another battle to follow mine; in other words, the world cannot end and there cannot be a resolution or end to fighting; the war must be able to continue after my battle.

I reserve the right to deny any submissions if I deem them in violation of any of these criteria.

Should no submission be available, I will write one.

Postby jcmontys on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:51 am

2030: Hunger and devastation over the world, after they have expoited all of Earths natural resources. Populations are overthrowing governments. Political, econmical and security chaos rule over a world with no means.

Deep in the jungles of South America still lives the legend of el Dorado and its fountain of youth, with the water that will be able to relief thirts, feed food and restore sanity in the world. The armies of the alliance (USA, UK, Taiwan, Egypt) and confederation ( China, Germany, South Africa, Canada) are in South America with thier last resources to take control of the territory, who ever claims the continent will ensure prosperity over thier people and dominion over thier rivals.

First Nations South America
Nuvlear
Chained
Fog
Corporal 1st Class jcmontys

Re: A Chance to Write History: WWIII [Last Day to Post Ideas

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:59 pm

If my submission is not chosen in the first round, can I recycle it to a later round?
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby WorldCup4James on Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:07 am

Dukasaur wrote:If my submission is not chosen in the first round, can I recycle it to a later round?

Yes, so long as it's relevant in the eyes of the voters, based on the previous battles. Good question!

Did you write a submission for this first battle? I never saw one...

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:45 am

In the beginning, WWIII was, like the previous two world wars, primarily a Eurasian conflict. The nations of the American continents long attempted to stay neutral while tensions were building between the European Union and their African allies on one side, and the huge powerhouse nations of the Far East on the other.

As world oil reserves continued to dry up, it was calculated that the great reserves under the Caspian Sea would outlast all others. The ownership of every cubic millimetre of the earth's crust under the Caspian was bitterly disputed, as the many nations surrounding the Sea tried to extend their claims. The billionaires and trillionaires of China, Japan, Korea, Indonesia, and Singapore, were able to outbid the Europeans and Africans in every auction. Desperate, the Europeans decided that only military force would restore to them what they felt was rightfully theirs.

Secret high-level meetings were held in Constantinople, and former enemies of Europe, Africa, and the Middle East set aside their differences, forging the Alliance For World Opportunity. Altogether nearly 100 nations were represented. Many nations, but small. On the other side of Eurasia, China alone had more people than all of Europe and Africa combined! And with Japan, Indonesia, and the other East Asian nations (later called the Confederation of Common Sense, although at this point the term had not been invented yet) it amounted to almost 50% more people and 80% more GNP than the Alliance.

Still, desperate times call for desperate measures. It was felt that a surprise offensive could knock out the Chinese before they could mobilize their enormous forces. Russian armour could move very quickly indeed, capturing key forward targets, while supported and reinforced in the rear areas by forces from almost a hundred nations.

On May 10th, 2040 (ironically, the 100th Anniversary of Hitler's offensive against France) more than 18,000 vehicles sliced across the borders of Sinkiang, Mongolia, and Manchuria. Of course, this offensive was only made possible by the 150-year old Trans-Siberian Railway....

World War III had begun.

Map: Transsib 1914.
Fog of War: Oh hell, yes!
Escalating: Very escalating!
Reinforcement: Adjacent (across the huge distances, if it isn't close it won't arrive in time!)
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Re: A Chance to Write History: WWIII [10Min to Post WW3Scena

Postby WorldCup4James on Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:59 am

Please vote for your favorite WWIII Battle 1 Scenarios by completing the poll at the top of the page!

It is important to vote not only because you will help determine our unique World War III scenario, but, also, the winning scenario will ALSO determine the map AND settings we will play on for the round!

Below are the entries:

WWIII Battle 1 Scenarios: Please Vote in the Poll on the Tournament Page for Your Favorite!

Entry 1
show: Entry 1

Entry 2
show: Entry 2

Entry 3

show: Entry 3

Entry 4
show: Entry 4

Entry 5
show: Entry 5

Entry 6
show: Entry 6

Entry 7
show: Entry 7

By default, ALL 1v1 games in every round will be Sequential, have Automatic Initial Troops, have no round limit, and have a 24-Hour Round Length.

You will be playing 1v1 games to start each round.

Thank you!

James

Re: A Chance to Write History: WWIII [Please Vote forBest En

Postby WorldCup4James on Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:22 am

As a note to those players who submitted entries.

Do not solicit votes from other players.

We will follow the rules established here: viewtopic.php?f=678&t=163602

Should I be made aware of you contacting other players in any way to advertise and/or promote your idea, the submission may be disqualified.

In other words, let's let the voters decide! You'll get the votes you need if you can promote your ideas through the text of the scenario and not through extraneous posts or messages to get support. I don't expect that from anyone of course but just as a preemptive precaution ;)

Already some great turnout in the voting. Thanks a ton!

Postby dumhic on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:06 pm

hell all 7 scenarios were great... though #4 pulled me in.... the most. I voted for #4
Cook dumhic

Postby Tatts on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:29 am

I would like to vote for 7 please thank you James
Sergeant 1st Class Tatts

"The Beginning": War Ensues Across the PRC

Postby WorldCup4James on Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:13 pm

blitzkreig2's script for the first battle scenario, titled "The Beginning", has claimed victory in the 3-day voting period.

Thus, World War III begins!

Click HERE for the standings board and the list of all players!

Click HERE for Battle Details, including an overview of the tournament format!

Below are ALL the important details, also found at the above links.
Click image to enlarge.

Battle 1

There are 7 fronts, each with 4 Alliance and 4 Confederation players. Whichever side has more wins in each front claims victory in that front. Whichever side claims victory in the most number of fronts triumphs in the Battle. The two players with the most number of wins in each front that the winning side claimed victory in advance to play in 4-7 player Standard games to qualify for the Medal of Honor Cup.

Each player plays every other player on the opposing side once in a 1v1 game. Thus, each player plays 4 1v1 games.

show: Scenario

show: Front 1

show: Front 2

show: Front 3

show: Front 4

show: Front 5

show: Front 6

show: Front 7

show: Training League Group 1

show: Training League Group 2

I'm still finishing up with invites but should be done within the hour.

Good luck to you all! I'm standing by to answer any and all questions :D

Re: A Chance to Write History: WWIII [Battle I: "The Beginni

Postby Tatts on Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:30 pm

James just finished first 4
I won 3 lost 1
Sergeant 1st Class Tatts

Postby WorldCup4James on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:02 pm

Tatts wrote:James just finished first 4
I won 3 lost 1

Thank you for taking the time to report your results.

It won't be necessary in the future, though, since I'm using the community-developed CC Tournament Stats program to monitor all the games.

In general, it is unlikely I'll be able to carry out my traditional method of updating standings every few days, since there are so many games. I'll probably just have 1 big update once all games are finished. After all, a game finishes just about every half hour I've noticed during the day.

Thanks anyway though :mrgreen:

Postby WorldCup4James on Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:11 pm

March 4 Update
The standings have been updated.
Bit of a late update, very sorry, had to make preparations for some brief tie-breakers to determine which players advance and the winning side. Here are the details:

Tie-Breakers
As you may recall, there are a total of 16 games in each front. Whichever side won the more games claimed victory in that front.

As of now, the Confederation leads, having won 3 of the fronts. The alliance has won 2 fronts.
But 2 of the fronts (2 and 6) remain undecided. Tie-breakers are now being played to determine which side claims victory in those fronts.

Why is this important? Because 3-2 is not yet decisive; whichever side claims victory in at least 4 of the fronts wins the grand battle (i.e. the whole China conflict), and the top 2 players in each front will then advance. Thus we must still determine the winning side, and therefore which players advance to play MOH Qualifiers:

The win-loss records of ONLY the players in each faction who belonged to the overall triumphant faction of the Battle are ranked; the top 2 players will emerge to the MOH Qualification Matches.

The best way to explain this is through an example:

The Alliance wins the battle. 4 of the 7 fronts were victorious for the Alliance. Now, the 2 players with the most wins from ONLY these 4 factions that won for the Alliance advance to the MOH Qualification Matches. Therefore, there are a total of 8 players in the MOH Qualifiers, all of them from the Alliance's winning factions. They are randomly divided into 2 Standard games of 4 players each. The winner of each game enters the Medal of Honor Cup.

Therefore, as this example indicates, ONLY the fronts that contributed to their faction's victory are considered, and the 2 players (belonging to the winning faction) with the most wins from each of these fronts will take part.

Check out the standings for more details:

Click image to enlarge.

Postby Tatts on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:59 am

Confederation wins yes! =D>
Sergeant 1st Class Tatts

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2013