Conquer Club

[PREM PRIZE] Initech XL: World Extravaganza: WINNER: rcfritz

Tournaments completed in 2013

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: [PREMIUM Prize] Initech XL: World Extravaganza [3rd Rd]

Postby Peter Gibbons on Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:30 am

We are over 600 games and 3 rounds into the tournament, so no, it is not possible. You should look to tournaments that are recruiting, not active ones.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:29 am

I don't think I'll ever understand how a 4-person game can take 2 weeks to go 4 rounds, but it looks like we have the perfect storm of players who are just in the wrong locations around the world and only log onto the site once per day, so the last game that matters in our third round is taking forever. So, if you are in one of the games waiting for players for the fourth round, those games might disappear. I'll recreate them when we are ready to move forward. Sorry.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:54 am

The final game of the third round mercifully came to an end. Hath won no points, so Loose Canon advanced. All fourth round standard games are now active. The first set of terminator invites--for the Middle East--were sent out. I will send out the Soviet Union terminator and Indochina assassin invites this week.

Note that I am on vacation from 3/21-3/30. There will be minimal scoreboard updates during this period. Also, I will likely hold the 1v1 invites until April 1st. That will give us a good stagger amongst the 8 games for this round.

Top 20 players (line 22 on the scoreboard and up) will advance to the finals. We are starting to see some separation and rcfritz looks like a decent favorite for the championship, but remember there are 162 points left available to every player, so it's far from over.
Major Peter Gibbons

Re: [PREMIUM Prize] Initech XL: World Extravaganza [4th Rd]

Postby Peter Gibbons on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:50 pm

Soviet invites are out the door. I won't be able to get Indochina done before I leave, so that means the second half of Round 4 (assassin + 1v1s) is on hold until April 1st.

wrexham is travelling and his sitter does not have authority to re-up him to premium in order to accept games. Given the long length of this tourney, I'm accommodating him and will let him join his games when he's back next week. If you are in a game with him (Middle East or Soviet), I appreciate your patience.

If anyone has questions or concerns, please let me know.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby matoc on Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:04 am

in please ...
Private 1st Class matoc

Postby Peter Gibbons on Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:34 pm

matoc wrote:in please ...

Baffling.

Anyway, I'm back from vacation. Getting caught up on scoring and games. Will take an assessment of where we are in the next day or two and then issue the next round of invites. Thanks for everyone's patience.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby nolefan5311 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:17 pm

matoc wrote:in please ...

:lol:
Captain nolefan5311

Postby Peter Gibbons on Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:18 pm

All games are out this round except the final Greater China 1v1 game. Will hold off just a bit--likely until everyone has completed at least one 1v1 game this round--before creating the games and sending the invites.

Top 20 players make the final round. That means line 22 and above on the scoreboard. No one is mathematically eliminated yet, but there's starting to be some serious separation.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:52 pm

All games for Round 4 are out.

96 points is the current magic number.

7 players eliminated. 13 more needed before we can move on.

Looks like Soviet Union will take the longest this time, which makes sense since it was delayed. The rest of the maps should all be finished relatively shortly.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:04 pm

10 games remain in Round 4...

A) 1 5-player standard THAILAND game (winding down)

B) 1 5-player terminator MIDDLE EAST game

C) all 8 5-player terminator SOVIET UNION games
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:54 pm

Down to 7 games. Five Soviet Union games and then the single Thailand and Middle East games.

Need to eliminate five more players to get down to the last 20. Right now, 102 is the magic number.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:32 am

The six active games from the Asian Round are in Rounds 23, 17, 26, 30, 23 and 29. Hopefully we can proceed to the 5th Round without waiting for all to conclude, but just wanted to give everyone an update of where things stand.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:22 pm

Down to 5 active games. Now very unlikely that the top 22 will change, but it is still mathematically possible so we have to wait. Appreciate everyone's patience.

rcfritz will start the final round with a 14 point lead. With no more than a 61-point margin between 1st and 20th place, all players will begin the final round mathematically alive for the championship (81 points available to each player). Realistically, however, it looks like a 3-person race between rcrfitz, t4mcr53s2, and shoop76 (with Gromph and Walter Sobchak possibly factoring in if they win their final fourth round games).
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Thu May 02, 2013 12:55 pm

We're getting closer to moving on. I've done the full draw for the next round all at once, so everyone knows who will play whom in each game. If you're in yellow, your participation is provisional--you still could be mathematically overtaken for fifth round qualification.

Invites for the first four games are out to anyone who is officially qualified for the 5th round (16 of 20 players). Some games will start immediately. Some will wait a few days until the final spots can be filled. Thanks for your continued patience.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Sat May 04, 2013 8:04 am

Three spots remaining for four players. Soviet Union #8 will likely determine everything, with Ratrin needing a win to advance.

However, it does appear 72o has left the site (he deadbeated his final game). I've issued him a second round of invites. If that is true, we could be ready to go sooner--depends on the potential tiebreaker between Ratrin and Enormastitz (which I haven't analyzed yet).
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Sun May 05, 2013 10:20 am

72o has deadbeatted.

So now it's everyone from line #23 and above who qualify for Round 5.

Ratrin holds the tiebreaker over Enormastitz, having defeated him 1v1 this round on Greater China.

However, with the magic number now being 97 points, wrexham is now mathematically back in the race.

Bottom line... 19 of 20 qualifiers are known. Last spot down to wrexham and Ratrin.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby t4mcr53s2 on Tue May 07, 2013 4:36 pm

clarification please ( forgive me if asked and answered ;
on a terminator maps if somehow the game reaches 30 rounds with a few survivors does the player with the most troops win as in regular play , or does the 5 points not get awarded ? ,
Colonel t4mcr53s2

Postby Peter Gibbons on Tue May 07, 2013 10:22 pm

t4mcr53s2 wrote:clarification please ( forgive me if asked and answered ;
on a terminator maps if somehow the game reaches 30 rounds with a few survivors does the player with the most troops win as in regular play , or does the 5 points not get awarded ? ,

The 5 points get awarded for winning the map, even if via the round limit. You'll see on the scoreboard, for some of the terminator games, there is a "+0" notation. That means the player won the map via the round limit and didn't score any eliminations. In such a case, they get the 5 points only. The maximum score on a terminator map is 13 points, which means a map win and all 4 eliminations (noted as "+8" on the scoreboard).

Make sense? The short answer is that the 5 points for a map win ALWAYS get awarded.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Tue May 07, 2013 10:25 pm

Okay, mathematically, no one can catch Ratrin for what is now 20th place. So he gets the final spot even though the last three games are wrapping up.

All Standard and Terminator invites are out for Round 5. Assassin and 1v1 will come shortly--I hope tomorrow. Then it's a race to the finish!
Major Peter Gibbons

Re: [PREMIUM Prize] Initech XL: World Extravaganza [5th Rd]

Postby Peter Gibbons on Fri May 10, 2013 9:58 pm

All invites are out. The finish line is in sight. Good luck to all!
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Tue May 21, 2013 8:56 am

As we wind down the tournament, a player's name will be highlighted on the left in maroon if they are still active in Round 5 but cannot score enough points to overtake the leader.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby t4mcr53s2 on Sat May 25, 2013 3:40 pm

what a well run tournament , Peter; congratulations on XL... count me in for XLI please !!
Colonel t4mcr53s2

Postby Chewie1 on Sun May 26, 2013 2:16 am

t4mcr53s2 wrote:what a well run tournament , Peter; congratulations on XL... count me in for XLI please !!

+1

Great work Peter =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Lieutenant Chewie1

Postby Peter Gibbons on Tue May 28, 2013 7:54 am

Thanks, guys.

Board is updated. Looks to be 8 players mathematically alive for the championship. Realistically, I think it's down to four.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby Peter Gibbons on Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:13 am

It's now a 3-person race. We have a new leader, t4mcr53s2, for the first time in 3 rounds, but rcrfitz does have games in hand. shoop76 is also alive.
Major Peter Gibbons

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2013