Conquer Club

Walsaf's Rags to Riches I: Lords and Vassals [Winner: Jerz]

Tournaments completed in 2013

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Walsaf's Rags to Riches I: Lords and Vassals [Winner: Jerz]

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:07 pm

Walsaf's Rags to Riches I: Lords and Vassals
Original Thread: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=168660

This is the first of a Rags to Riches themed series of tournaments.

The King is Dead!!!

There are no heirs, only 32 equally qualified Lords in the local Peasant’s Court, the court of the counties and the common people. The council to appoint the new King has convened, and they will judge your ability to keep the nation safe based on the power you command on the battlefield, and your ability to keep your own army in line.

Conquer the other Lords, make them your Vassals, and have them fight for your army!

You will need to submit a “home” map and settings for the tournament, on which you may or may not play (depending again on gameplay and performance *see round information for details) (No freestyle, manual, speed, or any gargantuan maps: they will be used as 1v1 maps if at all, so keep that in mind)

show: Lords and Vassals
show: Info
show: Maps and Rounds Quick Overview
show: Strategy
show: Players
show: Reserve Policy

Round 1: Head to the Palace
A letter from the council to each of the Peasant Lords:

You are one of the few chosen Lords to vie for the crown. There are three other Lords in your immediate area that have an equal claim on the throne. Only one Lord from your province can be admitted into the Baron’s Court. Subjugate the upstart Lords and choose one to be your Vassal and come to the Baron’s Court to compete for the crown!
show: Game Setup and Procedures

BARON’S COURT
Round 2: Perilous Roads
Assassination Attempt! ***The contemptuous Vassal that had been so rightly subjugated for his insolence and pride has risen up against the Lord on the way to the Baron’s Court!!!*** The Lord is still the Lord and has the advantage over his perfidious cur! Therefore, the battle will take place on the Lord’s home map.

Round 3: Building an Army
Letter from the council:

Congratulations and Welcome to the Baron’s Court. You are one of the elite 8 Lords to make it to this court. The new King will assuredly be named from this prestigious group! We will test your mettle in battle in a variety of ways and commanding armies of differing size. First you will defeat one of the other Baron Lords and their Vassals to send them back to the Peasant’s Court where they rightly belong!

Round 4: Vassals' Revenge
Rebellion!!! It sure is hard to keep those new Vassals in line!

Round 5: Gathering Strength
Letter from the council:

You have vanquished your adversaries and now only 4 Baron Lords remain! You command a larger army now and must fight on a larger scale. Take down another Baron Lord to prove your worth to us, and make a Vassal of one of his retinue to teach him a lesson he will not soon forget!

Round 6: Rebellion!!!
Again? Come on Vassals don’t you know who is Lord??? Well time to teach them a lesson again….or time for a regime change. Perhaps the Lord has become weak?

Round 7: Becoming King
Letter from the council:

You have amassed an impressive army! Congratulations, but you are not alone. Defeat your Last opponent to become the King!!!

PEASANT’S COURT
Round 1a-1d: Down But Not Out
The 8 Lords and their 8 Vassals have gone to the Baron’s Court. They have won the initial battle through trickery, deceit and chicanery!!! It is not over! It will be very tough going and the 16 ambitious potentials stuck in the Peasant’s Court can never make the jump to the Baron’s Court again. However, hope springs eternal as the local Lords can battle it out amongst themselves and bide their time and gain experience until opportunity arises for a proper rebellion against the newly-crowned King himself! There are still many opportunities to dominate the Peasant’s Court and make it all the way to challenge the upstarts in the Baron’s Court who don’t deserve the throne, so steel your courage!!!

Round 2: Local Politics
Assassination Attempt! ***The contemptuous Vassal that had been so rightly subjugated for his insolence and pride has risen up against the Lord in the Peasant’s Court!!!*** The Lord is still the Lord and has the advantage over his perfidious cur! Therefore, the battle will take place on the Lord’s home map.

Round 3a-c: Scraping an Army
With your vassal firmly in line, you must go up against the other Lords lurking around the Peasant’s Court. Together with your vassal, trounce the unworthy lords. But beware! All the Lords down in this court are resilient and will take more than one beating to vanquish. Also beware of any Lords kicked out of the Baron’s Court! They will be coming back to the Peasant’s Count with a chip on their shoulder and something to prove.

The excitement and competition just build more here in the Peasant’s Court as the punches start to fly!

Round 4: I'm the Lord
Rebellion!!! It sure is hard to keep those new Vassals in line!

Round 5: Rags to Uniforms
Now that you have a bigger army, train them to be ready when the chance presents itself for a coup. Get that army into shape by casting down the other armies in the area and absorb part of the defeated army to make you stronger!

Again? Come on Vassals don’t you know who is Lord??? Well time to teach them a lesson again….or time for a regime change. Perhaps the Lord has become weak?

Round 7: From The Wings
Your army has finally reached its full size through conquering and dominating others. However there is another army in the Peasant’s Court that is of the same size. Defeat it and slay them all!

KING’S COURT

Round 8: The King is Divinely Chosen
And the crown lowers slowly…almost on your head when a loud burst and a knocking at the Court doors! What is it? An Army from the Peasant’s Court, bloodied and experienced has come to challenge your right for the throne.

Put down these deposers….or stomp the usurpers? Can the newly-crowned king who had spent all the time in the luxurious Baron’s Court, having all the advantages in battle and the monarchy almost handed to him on a platter, fight off the Lord, back from the Peasant’s Court, who has scrapped and fought his way here through countless battles and rebellions? We shall see!

Round 9: Final Subjugation
You’ve got to be kidding me!! After all we’ve been through? Sure enough, once again when the crown is lowering onto the Lord’s blessed brow, he looks up to see his 3 Vassals standing before him. They have been with the Lord through thick and thin and seem to think they are the reason for victory. Once and for all this matter will be settled!!!!
Last edited by anamainiacks on Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: Walsaf's Rags to Riches I: Lords and Vassals [Round 7]

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:10 pm

Games Section

All the Games will be listed here and the progression through the brackets will be listed to allow players to see the route that they will be taking toward winning the tournament.

• Games marked in GREEN indicate that the winner(s) will move to the next round.
  • Games marked in RED indicate that the loser(s) will be out.
  • Games marked in PURPLE indicate that the winner(s) will move to the next round while the loser(s) will be out.
  • Games marked in BLACK indicate that the winner(s) and loser(s) will continue on to other games within the same round.
Round 1: Head to the Palace
show: Games

BARON’S COURT

Round 2: Perilous Roads

Round 3: Building an Army

Round 4: Vassals' Revenge

Round 5: Gathering Strength

Round 7: Becoming King

PEASANT’S COURT

Round 1a-1d: Down But Not Out

Round 2: Local Politics

Round 3a-c: Scraping an Army

Round 4: I'm The Lord

Round 5: Rags to Uniforms

Round 7: From the Wings

King's Court

Round 8: The King is Divinely Chosen

Final Round: Final Rebellion
Last edited by anamainiacks on Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:12 pm

Update

I'll be taking over the running of this tournament. And if I interpreted the original post and the game results properly (that was a lot to get through!), Round 6 is now over, with none of the original Lords overthrown. As such, Round 7 should begin as soon as I have the privileges.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:09 am

Update

The first matchups of Round 7 are completed, and we move on to the final game of the Peasant's Court to determine which team shall contend against Lord Enter Smith and his team of Vassals, General Tazz, AslanTheKing and grady12345, in the King's Court.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: Walsaf's Rags to Riches I: Lords and Vassals [Round 8]

Postby anamainiacks on Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:24 pm

Update

Round 7 is now complete, as Madstuthe1st, crazymilkshake5, Jerz and kcsam87 take the last spot in the finals.

Both teams shall now fight for the throne in the King's Court.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: Walsaf's Rags to Riches I: Lords and Vassals [Round 9]

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:47 am

Update

Round 8 was completed with the team from the Peasant's Court, Madstuthe1st, crazymilkshake5, Jerz and kcsam87, took the throne.

But Round 9 quickly began as the Vassals staged a rebellion against their LORD, Madstuthe1st. The rebellion, though not complete at this point in time, has already been decided, with the Vassals reaching the required 5 wins out of 9 games to overthrow their king. Now the Vassals will fight it out between themselves to see who will end up being the King, once and for all.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: Walsaf's Rags to Riches I: Lords and Vassals [Round 9]

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:03 am

Update

The tussle between the Vassals is over, with Jerz and kcsam87 barely edging out crazymilkshake5 with 3 points apiece, against the latter's 2 points. (As no eliminations were made in the last Terminator game, no points were awarded.)

With that, crazymilkshake5 has been dropped out of the fight for the throne, while Jerz and kcsam87 battle it out in a best of 3 tiebreaker set to determine once and for all, who shall be the new king!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: Walsaf's Rags to Riches I: Lords and Vassals [Winner: Je

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:52 pm

Update

In a tightly contested battle (naturally, since it's for the throne), Jerz trumped kcsam87 with 2 wins against the latter's 1. And thus with the throne room void of any other competitors, Jerz can now take his rightful place as the new king.

CONGRATULATIONS JERZ! =D> =D> =D>
Colonel anamainiacks

Return to Completed 2013