Conquer Club

Random Terminator Tournament[TPA3](WINNER schelanchery)

Tournaments Completed in 2014.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: Random Terminator Tournament[TPA3](Round1)

Postby hwhrhett on Wed May 08, 2013 9:56 am

are alliances allowed in this tournament? because i keep seeing them pop up in games, i keep telling people they arent allowed in tourneys, but they just keep showing me contradicting forum posts that claim that its up to the specific tourney....

so are alliances allowed in this tournament?
Cook hwhrhett

Postby hwhrhett on Sat May 11, 2013 3:25 pm

hwhrhett wrote:are alliances allowed in this tournament? because i keep seeing them pop up in games, i keep telling people they arent allowed in tourneys, but they just keep showing me contradicting forum posts that claim that its up to the specific tourney....

its been a couple of days.... no response?
Cook hwhrhett

Postby hwhrhett on Tue May 14, 2013 11:03 am

hwhrhett wrote:
hwhrhett wrote:are alliances allowed in this tournament? because i keep seeing them pop up in games, i keep telling people they arent allowed in tourneys, but they just keep showing me contradicting forum posts that claim that its up to the specific tourney....

almost a week, im guessing that means that alliances are allowed? either way, you should let people know, its super annoying to have people berate me for even suggesting that alliances aren't allowed in tourney games....
Cook hwhrhett

Postby hwhrhett on Tue May 14, 2013 5:53 pm

hwhrhett wrote:
hwhrhett wrote:

almost a week, im guessing that means that alliances are allowed? either way, you should let people know, its super annoying to have people berate me for even suggesting that alliances aren't allowed in tourney games....

I wish to withdraw from this tournament please... I am being treated poorly by other players because I called foul on alliances in several games... please do not send me anymore games for this... I do not wish to play them, I am no longer having fun...
Cook hwhrhett

Postby puppydog85 on Fri May 17, 2013 1:41 pm

The alliances question came up in this Game 12685659 :D
Sergeant 1st Class puppydog85

Postby Darin44 on Fri May 17, 2013 5:35 pm

puppydog85 wrote:The alliances question came up in this Game 12685659 :D

2013-05-17 14:29:04 - Darin44: alliances happen all the time, and if you got no response after a day or 2 you should of PM me it I might have responed
2013-05-17 14:31:15 - Darin44: I personally don't like alliances but it dose happen
2013-05-17 14:32:22 - Darin44: I don't read the thread all the time
Sergeant Darin44
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby hwhrhett on Sat May 18, 2013 10:54 am

Darin44 wrote:
puppydog85 wrote:The alliances question came up in this Game 12685659 :D

2013-05-17 14:29:04 - Darin44: alliances happen all the time, and if you got no response after a day or 2 you should of PM me it I might have responed
2013-05-17 14:31:15 - Darin44: I personally don't like alliances but it dose happen
2013-05-17 14:32:22 - Darin44: I don't read the thread all the time

and you fail to answer the question directly... are you saying they are allowed?
Cook hwhrhett

Postby slytown on Mon May 27, 2013 11:58 pm

Just curious Darin, but I don't see anywhere in the rules for this tournament where it discredits eliminations based on winning a game via a round limit. Specifically, I won this game Game 12685706 by round limit and thusly eliminated 2 opponents but have only been credited with 1 termination for the game when I think it should be 3. Maybe I missed something and if so apologies in advance but was just hoping for some clarification.

Cheers
Sergeant slytown

Postby Darin44 on Tue May 28, 2013 7:48 am

slytown wrote:Just curious Darin, but I don't see anywhere in the rules for this tournament where it discredits eliminations based on winning a game via a round limit. Specifically, I won this game Game 12685706 by round limit and thusly eliminated 2 opponents but have only been credited with 1 termination for the game when I think it should be 3. Maybe I missed something and if so apologies in advance but was just hoping for some clarification.

Cheers

You only get a kill if you eliminated a player, So if you go to round limit you don't get the kill for the players still standing
Sergeant Darin44
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby hwhrhett on Tue May 28, 2013 6:16 pm

Darin44 wrote:
slytown wrote:Just curious Darin, but I don't see anywhere in the rules for this tournament where it discredits eliminations based on winning a game via a round limit. Specifically, I won this game Game 12685706 by round limit and thusly eliminated 2 opponents but have only been credited with 1 termination for the game when I think it should be 3. Maybe I missed something and if so apologies in advance but was just hoping for some clarification.

Cheers

You only get a kill if you eliminated a player, So if you go to round limit you don't get the kill for the players still standing

how can you answer his question so promptly and still not give me a clear answer to my question? you are a horrible tourney organizer
Cook hwhrhett

Postby Gilligan on Tue May 28, 2013 9:55 pm

Tournament handbook:

DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN ANY ALLIANCES. Secret diplomacy is against Conquer Club rules anyway, but even public alliances are greatly frowned upon in tournament games. Most tournaments are set up to lead to one winner, and most players will get upset if their methodical lead suddenly becomes double-teamed.

viewtopic.php?p=2141705#p2141705
Captain Gilligan

Postby hwhrhett on Wed May 29, 2013 2:01 am

Gilligan wrote:Tournament handbook:

DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN ANY ALLIANCES. Secret diplomacy is against Conquer Club rules anyway, but even public alliances are greatly frowned upon in tournament games. Most tournaments are set up to lead to one winner, and most players will get upset if their methodical lead suddenly becomes double-teamed.

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... 5#p2141705

wait...

is that up to the tourney organizer?
Cook hwhrhett

Postby slytown on Wed May 29, 2013 9:01 am

hwhrhett wrote:
Darin44 wrote:

Cheers

how can you answer his question so promptly and still not give me a clear answer to my question? you are a horrible tourney organizer

I sent him a private message as well just to cover all my bases.
Sergeant slytown

Postby Gilligan on Wed May 29, 2013 9:39 am

hwhrhett wrote:
Gilligan wrote:Tournament handbook:

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... 5#p2141705

wait...

is that up to the tourney organizer?

The way I see it, no alliances unless specifically noted that you can.
Captain Gilligan

Postby Power Bomb on Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:10 pm

kills are not being counted correctly in our group (6)... I got 6 in the american civil war game and only got credited with four.
Corporal 1st Class Power Bomb

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:49 pm

Never mind the fact that the scores aren't up to date, I find it ridiculous that I win Knights via the objective but don't get awarded the kills for that.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby morleyjoe on Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:20 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:Never mind the fact that the scores aren't up to date, I find it ridiculous that I win Knights via the objective but don't get awarded the kills for that.

That's not right...
show: My CC
Major morleyjoe

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:33 am

morleyjoe wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Never mind the fact that the scores aren't up to date, I find it ridiculous that I win Knights via the objective but don't get awarded the kills for that.

That's not right...

Well if I'm not awarded the kills I won't be joining any more tournaments by Darin44, and I'm not the only one after how this tournament has been run so far.

Lost a lot of respect for him when he hosted his own 1v1 tournament, won, and then congratulated himself.. Get a grip.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby hwhrhett on Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
morleyjoe wrote:

That's not right...

Well if I'm not awarded the kills I won't be joining any more tournaments by Darin44, and I'm not the only one after how this tournament has been run so far.

Lost a lot of respect for him when he hosted his own 1v1 tournament, won, and then congratulated himself.. Get a grip.

lol, yeah, hes incompetent apparently...
Cook hwhrhett

Postby slytown on Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:13 pm

Power Bomb wrote:kills are not being counted correctly in our group (6)... I got 6 in the american civil war game and only got credited with four.

I too felt I was snubbed 2 eliminations from a different game power, but I asked already and darrin said that winning the game via round limit doesn't credit those still alive as eliminations. So your 4 kills in civil war is correct because gabba and I were still alive when we hit round limit.

I too think that winning the game via round limit and/or objective should credit to terminations but the organizer says otherwise unfortunately.
Sergeant slytown

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:21 am

Just won another with 3 other players still left at the end of the round limit. Three more kills that won't count. How about, don't use round limits if you can't earn kills that way? This tournament is a joke.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Darin44 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:56 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:Just won another with 3 other players still left at the end of the round limit. Three more kills that won't count. How about, don't use round limits if you can't earn kills that way? This tournament is a joke.

you said it yourself left at the end, you didn't terminate them
Sergeant Darin44
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:31 am

Darin44 wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Just won another with 3 other players still left at the end of the round limit. Three more kills that won't count. How about, don't use round limits if you can't earn kills that way? This tournament is a joke.

you said it yourself left at the end, you didn't terminate them

Yeah, I'm well aware of what I said. The rule is still ridiculous. If you can't get kills via the round limit, then don't use the limit. I realise that it's in place to ensure games don't last forever, but then you should have made kills via the round limit count.

It's plain stupid.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby danryan on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:44 am

I agree with the TO. His tournament, his rules. It's costing me points as well but that's immaterial.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:54 am

danryan wrote:I agree with the TO. His tournament, his rules. It's costing me points as well but that's immaterial.

I agree that since it's his tournament, therefore his rules and that's fair enough. I'm not expecting them to change, I just think they're rather poor and contradictory.
Cook iAmCaffeine

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2014