Conquer Club

Monthly Challenges:January 2014

An area holding all of the past and current Monthly Challenges.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: Monthly Challenges:December 2013

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:34 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Is there any way to get this into announcement feed? Right now I am bumping it, as I don't want to lose top billing to the home-page. Oddly enough, I am trying to get onto the home page.

I've headlined it for you.

Oddly enough, I just headlined your Interrogation a couple hours ago. You're quite the headline hustler today!

“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:55 am

If anyone is worried about games not finishing in time, here are some ideas:
-set a round limit
-set the game to manual (i just created some escalators and there are a couple zombies out there)
-organize an RT group (feel free to use this thread, callouts, live chat, whatever)
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:53 pm

Is this the thread for making fun of DoomYoshi?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:18 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:Is this the thread for making fun of DoomYoshi?

No, that's over here.

Do try to pay attention at the meetings.

:roll:
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Sirius Kase on Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:41 pm

Does casual mean no round limit? Is that still the case or has it been changed to permit round limits? I used the link in GioDuce post above to find some games to clone. Only the ones that I created without round limits appear in the Joins Games link in the original post, but other games created with round limits by someone else do appear. I'm concerned about starting games that will finish by the end of the year.
Last edited by Sirius Kase on Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Private 1st Class Sirius Kase

Postby agentcom on Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:49 pm

Casual means no speed games
Colonel agentcom

Postby Sirius Kase on Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:53 pm

thanks

Postby GioDuce on Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:15 am

Sirius Kase wrote:Does casual mean no round limit? Is that still the case or has it been changed to permit round limits? I used the link in GioDuce post above to find some games to clone. Only the ones that I created without round limits appear in the Joins Games link in the original post, but other games created with round limits by someone else do appear. I'm concerned about starting games that will finish by the end of the year.

Try to find those players you know that are frequently online, few times a day.
- You can still gain points for kills. ( games don't need to end if i read correct, but you do get a point for a finished game )

Lot's of fun this challenge, i'm looking forward to the start of next month already.
Cook GioDuce

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:33 pm

As a heads up, there will be an extra completion window after the end of the month. More details will follow, but do not worry about starting a game even into the last week of December.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Sirius Kase on Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:12 pm

My Scotland games all filled up except for Game 13699246. Thanks for the challenge.

Postby shoop76 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:20 pm

Sirius Kase wrote:My Scotland games all filled up except for Game 13699246. Thanks for the challenge.

Thought games had to be trench to count.
Major shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:46 pm

shoop76 wrote:
Sirius Kase wrote:My Scotland games all filled up except for Game 13699246. Thanks for the challenge.

Thought games had to be trench to count.

They do. You can check public games by the link from the first post. if your game isn't there, it doesn't count.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:22 am

DoomYoshi wrote:As a heads up, there will be an extra completion window after the end of the month. More details will follow, but do not worry about starting a game even into the last week of December.

Cool cause we are not responsible of the length of a 5 men trench game!
Also doom, I think it would make more sense to have these challenges exclusively played on speed games. It would be a great thing to get people back into speed gaming. Let s say each month a game type and settings is chosen, and games are automatically created in the speedgame section for people to join. Points could be counted automatically and with speed games you could set the end of the month as a real deadline.

I think your challenges should be more focused into encouraging to play new settings with new maps on speed game. Let s say alaska, zombie polymorph speed games or something next month... It s your baby, just my 2cents ;)
Major betiko

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:31 am

betiko wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:As a heads up, there will be an extra completion window after the end of the month. More details will follow, but do not worry about starting a game even into the last week of December.

Cool cause we are not responsible of the length of a 5 men trench game!
Also doom, I think it would make more sense to have these challenges exclusively played on speed games. It would be a great thing to get people back into speed gaming. Let s say each month a game type and settings is chosen, and games are automatically created in the speedgame section for people to join. Points could be counted automatically and with speed games you could set the end of the month as a real deadline.

I think your challenges should be more focused into encouraging to play new settings with new maps on speed game. Let s say alaska, zombie polymorph speed games or something next month... It s your baby, just my 2cents ;)

+1
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:31 am

speed games take way too long... i don't have the patience to sit around one spot for 6 hours.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:38 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:speed games take way too long... i don't have the patience to sit around one spot for 6 hours.

Since when speed games last 6 hours? If a given game lasts 6 hours in speed game, it would last probably 6 month in casual game, or more. Maybe you were being sarcastic.. But feels like you really meant that nonesense!
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:42 pm

Holy shit man, just noticed you don t even have the speed bronze medal.. You must ve had a bad experience in you early days. Give it another try with a speed challenge.
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:12 pm

betiko wrote:Holy shit man, just noticed you don t even have the speed bronze medal.. You must ve had a bad experience in you early days. Give it another try with a speed challenge.

no thank you, i don't want to spend more than 20 minutes a time on CC.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:51 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
betiko wrote:Holy shit man, just noticed you don t even have the speed bronze medal.. You must ve had a bad experience in you early days. Give it another try with a speed challenge.

most speed 1v1 or polymorph are played in less than 20 minutes total. I've seen you make some researches about forum stats ect that probably took you a few hours, but playing a few speed games a month is too much involvement, you are an enigma :geek:
so how long exactly do you reckon it wil take you to calculate points for all the site's participants for your challenge, and what type of headaches are you going to go through with games that will continue active for a month or 2 in 2014 since you don't even impose a round limit? Not to mention that you will open a new challenge in january, then feb and so on, each time with the previous month's games not finished. things will start piling up, you will be overwhelemed by chaos and you will eventually have to give up.
There are no incentives to speed games and this would bring the whole comunity back into it. Your initiative is great, but of course you had to be the only experienced player who has never played speed games in his entire cc career for obscure reasons and principles ;)

Have you talked to giligan and sempai regarding the special events they run where you need to win a game out of 3? even with round limit it takes way too much time for all of them to end; and they just have to check for winners! you will have to go game bby game to count points and see who killed who.... that is a nightmare mate!! no one can handle such thing o the long run.
Major betiko

Postby denominator on Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:28 am

betiko wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

most speed 1v1 or polymorph are played in less than 20 minutes total. I've seen you make some researches about forum stats ect that probably took you a few hours, but playing a few speed games a month is too much involvement, you are an enigma :geek:
so how long exactly do you reckon it wil take you to calculate points for all the site's participants for your challenge, and what type of headaches are you going to go through with games that will continue active for a month or 2 in 2014 since you don't even impose a round limit? Not to mention that you will open a new challenge in january, then feb and so on, each time with the previous month's games not finished. things will start piling up, you will be overwhelemed by chaos and you will eventually have to give up.
There are no incentives to speed games and this would bring the whole comunity back into it. Your initiative is great, but of course you had to be the only experienced player who has never played speed games in his entire cc career for obscure reasons and principles ;)

Have you talked to giligan and sempai regarding the special events they run where you need to win a game out of 3? even with round limit it takes way too much time for all of them to end; and they just have to check for winners! you will have to go game bby game to count points and see who killed who.... that is a nightmare mate!! no one can handle such thing o the long run.

If you want to run things, why not sign up for the Entertainment Team? Let DoomYoshi run it as he sees fit and if it doesn't work, then let him fix it. We're 11 days in to a 31 day challenge and you're already complaining that it is taking too long. I've got 30 games running for this and at least a third of them have already tipped the balance to the point that it is clear they won't last the month. Most of the slow ones are because of deadbeats.

I agree that there should be incentives for speed games, but I don't agree this is the time or place to do it.
Sergeant 1st Class denominator

Postby GioDuce on Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:15 am

For this challenge Medal all possible
- gametype also speedgames.
- maps
- settings
are/should be a possibility.
This way you get all kind of player type mixed in together to follow this Montly challenge.

When playing the same game type over and over you will not draw alot of attention of new people and we'll play the same people every month.
Open up to everyone and eveything i'd say, get out of that comfort zone and pick up new stuff.
Cook GioDuce

Postby benga on Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:56 am

can we put 20 round limit?
Sergeant benga

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:10 am

benga wrote:can we put 20 round limit?

You can put any round limit you want. The rules only specify some of the settings, all of the others are up to you.

denominator wrote:
betiko wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

If you want to run things, why not sign up for the Entertainment Team? Let DoomYoshi run it as he sees fit and if it doesn't work, then let him fix it. We're 11 days in to a 31 day challenge and you're already complaining that it is taking too long. I've got 30 games running for this and at least a third of them have already tipped the balance to the point that it is clear they won't last the month. Most of the slow ones are because of deadbeats.

I agree that there should be incentives for speed games, but I don't agree this is the time or place to do it.

+1
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby agentcom on Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:17 am

(Coming from a guy not participating in the challenge, just watching it out of interest, FWIW)

I agree that DY can run this any way he damn well pleases :), but ...

I don't see the problem with allowing speeders ... why not, right? Maybe he's thought of this already and has a reason for the exclusion.

Also, I'm thinking about the autotournaments and how they're set up and they seem to be a compliment to this. Instead of being on the tourney page, some auto-created games would be at the top of the gamefinder page. The games would be created with random settings for the settings that aren't specified by the Challenge. Or players would have an option to create their own and have it similarly listed. Seems like there could be a lot of promise to these suggestions as the the challenge idea develops and continues over the next several months. But again, DY has probably already thought of a lot of this.
Colonel agentcom

Postby betiko on Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:07 pm

agentcom wrote:(Coming from a guy not participating in the challenge, just watching it out of interest, FWIW)

I agree that DY can run this any way he damn well pleases :), but ...

I don't see the problem with allowing speeders ... why not, right? Maybe he's thought of this already and has a reason for the exclusion.

Also, I'm thinking about the autotournaments and how they're set up and they seem to be a compliment to this. Instead of being on the tourney page, some auto-created games would be at the top of the gamefinder page. The games would be created with random settings for the settings that aren't specified by the Challenge. Or players would have an option to create their own and have it similarly listed. Seems like there could be a lot of promise to these suggestions as the the challenge idea develops and continues over the next several months. But again, DY has probably already thought of a lot of this.

There you go!
Looks like a few of you took my thoughts as a direct attack to dy's work. You are basically agreeing with all I said.

Denominator: "this is not the time and place to do it"
Is that so?? I can t throw in my 2 cents for the future challenges BEFORE the challenge so we can have a constructive discussion? This is the first challenge, i think there are a few problems to come with the current system and willing to discuss them doesn t make me an ungrateful asshole.
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Monthly Challenges