Conquer Club

Post a picture of yourself!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Post a picture of yourself!

Postby KoolBak on Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:11 pm

2dimes wrote:What is it called if you kill them all and let someone who eats a lot of squirrels, sort them out?

West Virginia.
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca
Captain KoolBak

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Challenge Achievement (1)

Postby tzor on Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:23 pm

Dukasaur wrote:Decimating is to kill every tenth one. Unless you have ten yards, it's impossible to decimate them.

But it can also apply to collections, such as troops which consist of individuals. The question becomes whether a backyard is such a collection and if so, of what? Now some backyards are measured in the square foot, so if the squirrels managed to take one in ten of the square feet and kill it, the backyard has been decimated.

That square foot is dead.
"I"m not dead yet."
It's clearly mortally wounded.
"I'm getting better."
Sergeant 1st Class tzor
Community Team
Community Team

Medals: 31
Standard Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (3)
Challenge Achievement (1) Tribe Achievement (1) General Contribution (6)

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:12 pm

tzor wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:Decimating is to kill every tenth one. Unless you have ten yards, it's impossible to decimate them.

But it can also apply to collections, such as troops which consist of individuals. The question becomes whether a backyard is such a collection and if so, of what? Now some backyards are measured in the square foot, so if the squirrels managed to take one in ten of the square feet and kill it, the backyard has been decimated.

"I"m not dead yet."
"I'm getting better."

Are squirrels eligible to claim land under the Homesteading Act?
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Medals: 201
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (27) General Achievement (24) Clan Achievement (22) Training Achievement (2)
Challenge Achievement (23) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (17)

Postby 2dimes on Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:33 pm

Dukasaur wrote:

There's homesteading in Mex?
Want to go for a rip on my Jackwagon?
Corporal 1st Class 2dimes

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)

Postby nietzsche on Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:58 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
notyou2 wrote:
nietzsche wrote:how many wars have you been to... you stinky hippie?

I have not been to war, but I have shot machine guns, thrown hand grenades, been exposed to tear gas, shot many other weapons as well.

Have you been in a war Messican?

I'm currently waging a war on squirrels, they're decimating the back yard and when i try to scare them they sometimes don't even care.

Decimating is to kill every tenth one. Unless you have ten yards, it's impossible to decimate them.

Coincidentally, last night I started reading one of the books you recommended, and in it the verb "to decimate' is used in the same manner I used it here.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
Brigadier nietzsche

Medals: 45
Monthly Leader Gold (1) Most Improved Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2)
Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4)
Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1)
General Contribution (2)

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:43 am

Dukasaur wrote:
tzor wrote:

"I"m not dead yet."
"I'm getting better."

Squirrels have rights too, you bigot.

Ban Duk.
ManBungalow wrote:For BBS, I recommend he get more DDS. That way, he won't experience such jealous BJ's.

Sergeant 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Medals: 16
Most Improved Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby tzor on Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:45 am

Dukasaur wrote:Are squirrels eligible to claim land under the Homesteading Act?
  1. It applies to public land only
  2. It requires maintaining the land for 5 years (The average life span of grey squirrels is extremely brief -- generally only between 11 and 12 months, according to the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History.)
  3. They have to fill out the form, which is not written in squirrel.
Sergeant 1st Class tzor
Community Team
Community Team

Standard Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (3)

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:49 am

nietzsche wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
notyou2 wrote:

I have not been to war, but I have shot machine guns, thrown hand grenades, been exposed to tear gas, shot many other weapons as well.

I'm currently waging a war on squirrels, they're decimating the back yard and when i try to scare them they sometimes don't even care.

Decimating is to kill every tenth one. Unless you have ten yards, it's impossible to decimate them.

Coincidentally, last night I started reading one of the books you recommended, and in it the verb "to decimate' is used in the same manner I used it here.

I know. You're not uniquely guilty in this respect. This particular linguistic offense is committed by millions of people, including historians who should know better.

tzor wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:Are squirrels eligible to claim land under the Homesteading Act?
  1. It applies to public land only
  2. It requires maintaining the land for 5 years (The average life span of grey squirrels is extremely brief -- generally only between 11 and 12 months, according to the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History.)
  3. They have to fill out the form, which is not written in squirrel.

Poor squirrels. Can't catch a break...:(
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Medals: 201
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (27) General Achievement (24) Clan Achievement (22) Training Achievement (2)
Challenge Achievement (23) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (17)

Postby tzor on Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:27 pm

Dukasaur wrote:Poor squirrels. Can't catch a break...:(

Actually, all squirrels qualify for Section 8 housing due to their large family size and zero income levels. :twisted:

The Section 8 Housing Program, also called the Housing Choice Voucher Program, is a federally funded government assistance program intended to help low- and moderate-income families in the United States find a rental home. Regarding what qualifies you for Section 8 housing, the most important eligibility requirement for the program is the family’s gross annual income, but many other factors also contribute to the final decision. As the program is one of the most popular and sought-after in the country, many states have decided to close their waiting lists and no longer receive applications. Participants in the Section 8 Program must also continue to meet the eligibility requirements in order to keep receiving assistance. In some instances, the program requirements include additional special programs in which families must be included to achieve financial independence and reach their career or educational goals.

In other words if they are caught teasing the chipmunks they can loose their housing. :mrgreen:
Sergeant 1st Class tzor
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Symmetry on Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:37 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
notyou2 wrote:

To be fair, words do change meaning. Decimation originated from Latin, and referred to the old punishment. Now it means something else. I kinda like being pedantic, but this is one of those occasions where it hinders more than it helps.

I know that "awful" was kind of a compliment in the past, and that "idiot" derives from Greek ideas of individuals who don't participate in politics.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby riskllama on Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:04 pm

nietzsche is awesome
Lieutenant riskllama

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1)
General Contribution (2)

Previous

Return to I Didn't Like Cats