Best Music of 2006

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Best Music of 2006

Postby happysadfun on Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:06 pm

Well...

Australian or New Zealander CD- Go by the Newsboys
Canadian CD- Smile, It's The End Of The World by Hawk Nelson
American CD- There's just sooooooooooo many...
South African CD- I Stand For You by Tree63
Jamaican CD- Introducing Ayiesha Woods by, obviously, Ayiesha Woods
British CD- There's just so many...
Song, Overall- Dead Man (Carry Me) by Jars of Clay
2nd Place- So Long Self by MercyMe
3d- Wherever We Go by the Newsboys
4th- Cry Out to Jesus by Third Day
5th- Beyond Measure by Jeremy Camp

I'll add more to the list later...
ImageChildren, this is what happens to hockey players, druggies, and Hillary Clinton.

Rope. Tree. Hillary. Some assembly required.
User avatar
Cadet happysadfun
 
Posts: 1251
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: Haundin at DotSco, Being Sad that Mark Green Lost in Suburban Wisconsin

Postby qeee1 on Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:48 pm

I've heard of Ayiesha Woods and Hawk Nelson, don't know who they are mind. Other than that I've never heard of any of those people. What sort of music do you listen to? Then again, I tend to explore past music rather than listening to what's being released.

If I had to give a vote for album of the year, it'd be Medz by Placebo.
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
User avatar
Colonel qeee1
 
Posts: 2904
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:43 pm
Location: Ireland
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Postby Fircoal on Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:49 pm

MY vote, almost everything was junk, so who cares.
ImageImageVote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
User avatar
Captain Fircoal
 
Posts: 19470
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:53 pm
Location: Abusing Silleh Buizels
Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (2)

Postby happysadfun on Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:04 pm

Yeh, I've spent a lot of time listening to the Beatles and Monkees and Byrds. What was with misspelled animal names back then?
ImageChildren, this is what happens to hockey players, druggies, and Hillary Clinton.

Rope. Tree. Hillary. Some assembly required.
User avatar
Cadet happysadfun
 
Posts: 1251
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: Haundin at DotSco, Being Sad that Mark Green Lost in Suburban Wisconsin

Postby stinkycheese on Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:06 pm

Fircoal wrote:MY vote, almost everything was junk, so who cares.


Bingo! If you want to find quality music with substance and originality then you have to look pretty deep. About 98% of mainstream music is pure garbage.
User avatar
Captain stinkycheese
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Florida, USA
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby qeee1 on Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:15 pm

I'll agree with you there, and even when you look past mainstream music, to the alternative scene, it's equally garbage (and usually very genre specific), so you must look beyond that..

I do have a soft spot for placebo, as stated, other good albums this year:

Takk by Sigur Ros was ok, but probably their worst album to date.

and eh... that's about it I think.

Oh, The Roads Don't Love You by Gemma Hayes, I like too.
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
User avatar
Colonel qeee1
 
Posts: 2904
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:43 pm
Location: Ireland
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Re: Best Music of 2006

Postby jay_a2j on Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:55 pm

happysadfun wrote:Well...

Australian or New Zealander CD- Go by the Newsboys
Canadian CD- Smile, It's The End Of The World by Hawk Nelson
American CD- There's just sooooooooooo many...
South African CD- I Stand For You by Tree63
Jamaican CD- Introducing Ayiesha Woods by, obviously, Ayiesha Woods
British CD- There's just so many...
Song, Overall- Dead Man (Carry Me) by Jars of Clay
2nd Place- So Long Self by MercyMe
3d- Wherever We Go by the Newsboys
4th- Cry Out to Jesus by Third Day
5th- Beyond Measure by Jeremy Camp

I'll add more to the list later...




Bought GO-Newsboys for my wife for Christmas.


Comming Up to Breath- Mercy Me (mine)

I'd like to get Scott Stapp's albums since he went solo.

CREED was my band!
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
User avatar
Lieutenant jay_a2j
 
Posts: 4245
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:22 am
Location: In the center of the R3VOJUTION!
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1)

Postby strike wolf on Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:23 am

I vote for none of the music in 2006. By far the worst year for music in a long time.
User avatar
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 8272
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 11:03 pm
Location: Sandy Springs, GA (just north of Atlanta)
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (6)

Postby DogDoc on Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:12 pm

I wasn't aware that there's been any good music since, oh, 1984 or so. :lol:
WARNING: The light at the end of the tunnel is a train.
User avatar
Corporal DogDoc
 
Posts: 514
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:13 pm

Re: Best Music of 2006

Postby 2dimes on Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:21 pm

jay_a2j wrote:
happysadfun wrote:Well...

Australian or New Zealander CD- Go by the Newsboys
Canadian CD- Smile, It's The End Of The World by Hawk Nelson
American CD- There's just sooooooooooo many...
South African CD- I Stand For You by Tree63
Jamaican CD- Introducing Ayiesha Woods by, obviously, Ayiesha Woods
British CD- There's just so many...
Song, Overall- Dead Man (Carry Me) by Jars of Clay
2nd Place- So Long Self by MercyMe
3d- Wherever We Go by the Newsboys
4th- Cry Out to Jesus by Third Day
5th- Beyond Measure by Jeremy Camp

I'll add more to the list later...




Bought GO-Newsboys for my wife for Christmas.


Comming Up to Breath- Mercy Me (mine)

I'd like to get Scott Stapp's albums since he went solo.

CREED was my band!
Before you sold your Epiphone?







I got a Raymond Scott CD for christmas, he did experimental jazz fused with classic in the 1940s.

The newest CDs I have heard latley was a Les Claypool one and that "WolfMother" one didn't buy any.

I think I should listen to a little more newer stuff. I kind of got bummed at new music when a couple of my favorite bands broke up.

I agree with the general concenses just don't like most of what's out there.
User avatar
Private 1st Class 2dimes
 
Posts: 4030
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: Just out for a rip!
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Re: Best Music of 2006

Postby stinkycheese on Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:54 pm

2dimes wrote:The newest CDs I have heard latley was a Les Claypool one and that "WolfMother" one didn't buy any.



Of Whales and Woe?
User avatar
Captain stinkycheese
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Florida, USA
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby 2dimes on Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:19 pm

Yup, I listened to it just a little on the interweb. I'm not a fan but it's not too bad for new stuff.

The video for the one song "the phantom patriot" is kind of artsy.
User avatar
Private 1st Class 2dimes
 
Posts: 4030
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: Just out for a rip!
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Postby Lone.prophet on Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:32 pm

TOOL
Captain Lone.prophet
 
Posts: 1467
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:37 pm
Location: Your basement Muahaha
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1)

Postby Rook38 on Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:16 pm

The Black Parade
By:My Chemical Romance
User avatar
Corporal Rook38
 
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: Germany
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby stinkycheese on Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:45 pm

2dimes wrote:Yup, I listened to it just a little on the interweb. I'm not a fan but it's not too bad for new stuff.

The video for the one song "the phantom patriot" is kind of artsy.


Ya I own it, however his other work is probably better. He is one of the greatest bassists to ever live.
User avatar
Captain stinkycheese
 
Posts: 498
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Florida, USA
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby qeee1 on Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:23 pm

Rook38 wrote:The Black Parade
By:My Chemical Romance


*shudders*
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
User avatar
Colonel qeee1
 
Posts: 2904
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:43 pm
Location: Ireland
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Postby edmundomcpot on Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:25 pm

Come Clarity - In Flames or Are You Dead Yet? - Children Of Bodom
Would you choose supremecy if it lead to isolation?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
User avatar
Cook edmundomcpot
 
Posts: 464
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:18 am
Location: N.wales
Medals: 2
Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Postby Hoff on Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:18 pm

Bob Dylan - Modern Times
User avatar
Sergeant Hoff
 
Posts: 861
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:46 am
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1)

Postby reverend_kyle on Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:23 pm

Best Cd's by far

Streetlight manifesto--Keasbey Nights 2
Heavens--Patent pending
Falcon--Unicornography
Defiance, Ohio--The great depression.
Dragonforce--Inhuman Rampage.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
User avatar
Sergeant reverend_kyle
 
Posts: 9268
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:08 pm
Location: 1000 post club
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby UCAbears on Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:32 pm

Taking Back Control - Sparta

Remedy - Seether

Pain - Skillit

Smack That - Akon/eminem

Crazy Bitch - Buckcherry

Black Parade - My Chemical Romance

Rockstar - NickelBack

Diary Of Jane - Breaking Benjimen
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class UCAbears
 
Posts: 3016
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: There..........
Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby edmundomcpot on Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:07 pm

UCAbears wrote:Taking Back Control - Sparta

Remedy - Seether

Pain - Skillit

Smack That - Akon/eminem

Crazy Bitch - Buckcherry

Black Parade - My Chemical Romance

Rockstar - NickelBack

Diary Of Jane - Breaking Benjimen


have to agree with diary of jane
Would you choose supremecy if it lead to isolation?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
User avatar
Cook edmundomcpot
 
Posts: 464
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:18 am
Location: N.wales
Medals: 2
Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Postby reverend_kyle on Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:44 am

edmundomcpot wrote:
UCAbears wrote:Taking Back Control - Sparta

Remedy - Seether

Pain - Skillit

Smack That - Akon/eminem

Crazy Bitch - Buckcherry

Black Parade - My Chemical Romance

Rockstar - NickelBack

Diary Of Jane - Breaking Benjimen


have to agree with diary of jane


non acoustic diary of jane SUCKS!.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
User avatar
Sergeant reverend_kyle
 
Posts: 9268
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:08 pm
Location: 1000 post club
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby edmundomcpot on Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:00 pm

did we say acoustic??
Would you choose supremecy if it lead to isolation?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
User avatar
Cook edmundomcpot
 
Posts: 464
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:18 am
Location: N.wales
Medals: 2
Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Postby Lone.prophet on Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:38 pm

TOOL again
Image
Captain Lone.prophet
 
Posts: 1467
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:37 pm
Location: Your basement Muahaha
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1)

Postby qeee1 on Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:50 pm

UCAbears wrote:Black Parade - My Chemical Romance


*shudders*
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
User avatar
Colonel qeee1
 
Posts: 2904
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:43 pm
Location: Ireland
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Next

Return to Babble-On Five

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AndyDufresne

Login