Conquer Club

Any vegetarian/vegans on CC?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

I eat....

Total votes : 0

Postby vtmarik on Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:43 am

wicked wrote:yes how about recipes for fooling carrot people into eating meat. :twisted:

If you get tender enough cuts of meat, you can tell them that it's mushrooms. Especially if you're making something that has sauce to it.
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby heavycola on Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:57 am

Meat is good. One day i am going to slaughter my own food. But i don't see why pigs or chickens should have to suffer horribly for their entire lives just so we can buy their meat more cheaply.
Organic or free-range meat tastes better anyway. Factory chickens/hogs = bland, tasteless, immoral, cruel.
Corporal 1st Class heavycola

Postby MeDeFe on Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:57 am

Nothing beats Argentine beef. Absolutely nothing.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby jay_a2j on Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:00 am

MeDeFe wrote:Nothing beats Argentine beef. Absolutely nothing.

Except Jager Snitzel. :wink:
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby Hoff on Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:14 am

I eat meat and love meat and believe its part of a healthy diet. The food pyramid these days are changing constantly on what you should eat the most of and what you shouldn't. My belief is that the best way to eat is to hahve a balanced diet of everything. Don't over indulge yourself too much in anyone food group and you will be healthy. People who are vegetarians say they just feel better and healthier. I believe that this mainly a mental thing. If people want to be vegetarians then thats their choice. I may find it ridiculous to an extent, but i'm certainly not gonna protest against vegetarians lol.
Sergeant Hoff

Postby wicked on Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:05 am

heavycola wrote:Organic or free-range meat tastes better anyway. Factory chickens/hogs = bland, tasteless, immoral, cruel.

LMAO ... you can taste "immorality" :lol: it's all in your mind. organic is a gimmick to charge you more for the same, but go ahead and waste your money. vegans crack me up. :lol:
Major wicked

Postby heavycola on Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:16 am

wicked wrote:
heavycola wrote:Organic or free-range meat tastes better anyway. Factory chickens/hogs = bland, tasteless, immoral, cruel.

LMAO ... you can taste "immorality" :lol: it's all in your mind. organic is a gimmick to charge you more for the same, but go ahead and waste your money. vegans crack me up. :lol:

What's vegan got to do with it?

It's a fact that free range chickens taste better than factory chickens. Ask any decent cook. Free range chickens move around their entire lives, which strengthens and flavours their muscles. Battery hens, by comparison, are grown in tiny cages and so end up relatively tasteless. they mature much faster and are cheaper to produce, that's all.

MeDefe - I couldn;t agree more.

Postby heavycola on Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:17 am

strange double post shenanigans
Last edited by heavycola on Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Backglass on Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:20 am

heavycola wrote:Free range chickens move around their entire lives, which strengthens and flavours their muscles.

Some would say that makes them tougher and more "gamey". I havent had enough of them to tell the difference.

I agree...best steak I ever had was in Buenos Aires.

Argentines worship meat. :lol:
The Pro-Tip®, SkyDaddy® and Image are registered trademarks of Backglass Heavy Industries.
Corporal 1st Class Backglass

Postby salvadevinemasse on Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:26 am

Did you guys know that in India the Cow that us americans eat is sacred and more seen as a creature of beauty/god?

I love my steak though I just wish the cow would die first then be cooked. Instead of some guy killing it, I want it to pass away naturally! you know? Show more love and compassion to the animals..

In other cultures if you eat an animal your taking in their life force. Wouldnt you rather a happy life force then a bitter mean one that could possibly make you sick? lol.

Salva-
"angel by heart....mistress dressed sexy by night....and by day..just a cool person i guess" By BlueReaper

cawck mongler wrote:Your only option is to quit and become an anti-American Nazi that plays risk.

~*Salva*~
Cadet salvadevinemasse

Postby heavycola on Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:43 am

Backglass wrote:
heavycola wrote:Free range chickens move around their entire lives, which strengthens and flavours their muscles.

Some would say that makes them tougher and more "gamey". I havent had enough of them to tell the difference.

Well, for 'gaminess' read 'flavour'. A lot of people have only ever eaten battery chickens and I know a couple of people who don't like their chicken to taste of much at all. Fair enough, bit of a shame though i reckon. The only tough chicken I ever ate was overcooked...

Postby Genghis Khant on Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:14 pm

If God had wanted us to be vegetarian, he wouldn't have made animals out of meat.

You should try roasted panda, yum yum :twisted:
Corporal 1st Class Genghis Khant

Postby MeDeFe on Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:26 pm

Can that work? You can buy bear meat in Finland, but I've heard it doesn't taste very good. Are pandas any better?
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby mr. incrediball on Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:28 pm

i can understand not liking meat, but this "animals are living things" stuff... aren't plants living things too? isn't vegetarianism/veganism technically racist to plants? no offence or anything, it just crossed my mind... :-k
darvlay wrote:Get over it, people. It's just a crazy lookin' bear ejaculating into the waiting maw of an eager fox. Nothing more.
Cook mr. incrediball

Postby mr. incrediball on Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:30 pm

salvadevinemasse wrote:Did you guys know that in India the Cow that us americans eat is sacred and more seen as a creature of beauty/god?

I love my steak though I just wish the cow would die first then be cooked. Instead of some guy killing it, I want it to pass away naturally! you know? Show more love and compassion to the animals..

In other cultures if you eat an animal your taking in their life force. Wouldnt you rather a happy life force then a bitter mean one that could possibly make you sick? lol.

Salva-

natural causes could mean a diseased body, which is why the animals are killed, that and humans are naturally impatient...
darvlay wrote:Get over it, people. It's just a crazy lookin' bear ejaculating into the waiting maw of an eager fox. Nothing more.
Cook mr. incrediball

Postby Genghis Khant on Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:50 pm

mr. incrediball wrote:i can understand not liking meat, but this "animals are living things" stuff... aren't plants living things too? isn't vegetarianism/veganism technically racist to plants? no offence or anything, it just crossed my mind... :-k

Also, vegetarians are bad for the environment. Not only does their diet make them flatulent (and methane is a greenhouse gas), but they don't eat the flatulent cows either. :wink:
Corporal 1st Class Genghis Khant

Postby wicked on Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:59 pm

I had fresh lamb from a friend's farm a couple years ago, had been slaughtered a week or so before. tasted gooooooooooooood.
Major wicked

Postby Stopper on Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:28 pm

mr. incrediball wrote:i can understand not liking meat, but this "animals are living things" stuff... aren't plants living things too? isn't vegetarianism/veganism technically racist to plants? no offence or anything, it just crossed my mind... :-k

You have a point - you've just reminded me of "fruitarians" - these are people who will not eat animals or plants, except for the fruit borne by plants - that way they can avoid killing anything to get their nourishment.

Well, I say nourishment...I'm not sure how much nutrition there can be in a fruit-based diet...
Lieutenant Stopper

Postby areon on Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:42 pm

I've said it before, not all vegetarians are against killing animals to eat. They are vegetarian so that plants don't have to be grown to feed cattle and to lessen the impact of farming. It is wasteful to eat so much meat when you can get the same protein from fish or other sources. Then there are people who want to avoid all the antibiotics and growth hormones. My family bought our best meat from the local 4-H sales, I don't know what it is called in other areas but people would display their animals in a show before auctioning parts of them off.
"We spend as much effort on indifference as our parents spent in the war."

Wiesel and others fear this...
Private areon

Postby vtmarik on Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:34 pm

Stopper wrote:

You have a point - you've just reminded me of "fruitarians" - these are people who will not eat animals or plants, except for the fruit borne by plants - that way they can avoid killing anything to get their nourishment.

Well, I say nourishment...I'm not sure how much nutrition there can be in a fruit-based diet...

Not only that, but fruitarians wait for the fruit to fall off the tree rather than picking it.

Imagine that. "Oh thank you tree for giving us this half moldy, worm-eaten apple. We love you tree!"
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby Beastly on Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:20 pm

s.xkitten wrote:no one...it was assumed since you like the seachickens....cause pretty much no one out of state likes them...

I just moved to WA... what the hell is a seachicken??? and since i live in WA now,, will I Like em...

I DON't like meat, but sure like the bone!!
Corporal 1st Class Beastly

Postby Backglass on Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:28 pm

Beastly wrote:what the hell is a seachicken???

"...it's a chicken....that lives in the sea" - Jerry Seinfeld

"I hate to admit it, but yes, I swear to you, I really thought Chicken of the Sea was actually chicken." - Jessica Simpson (no joke)

The Pro-Tip®, SkyDaddy® and Image are registered trademarks of Backglass Heavy Industries.
Corporal 1st Class Backglass

Postby P Gizzle on Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:49 pm

Beastly wrote:
s.xkitten wrote:no one...it was assumed since you like the seachickens....cause pretty much no one out of state likes them...

I just moved to WA... what the hell is a seachicken??? and since i live in WA now,, will I Like em...

"seachickens" are the common refferal to the NFL team the Seattle Seahawks.....and you will love them....they are awesome....but PLEASE don't eat them....
Gridiron Gang- CC's largest Clan!
Cook P Gizzle

Postby TimTheEnchanter on Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:42 pm

[quote="Genghis Khant"]If God had wanted us to be vegetarian, he wouldn't have made animals out of meat.

I'm made out of meat. Eat me! :lol:
Sergeant 1st Class TimTheEnchanter

Postby s.xkitten on Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:56 pm

Beastly wrote:

seachickens would be the nickname of the seahawks...the football team...also sometimes known as the seasucks
Sergeant s.xkitten

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,