somalia

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Levon on Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:18 pm

qeee1 wrote:
Some people never will get it. and you're one of those some people.


Never get what, ignorant biased viewpoints? I guess I should take that as a compliment.

Isreal doesn't allow any sort of progress in its current state.


Actually i think isreal had better equal rights then most countrys when it was created and they dont persecute arabs in the way the that arabs persecute jews.

why does israel have to be a jewish state anyway? why can it be a country where both arabs and jews live? same goes for arabs. why does a muslim country have to be sunni or shia? cant it just be a coutnry where the majority are shia ir sunni?
Private Levon
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:53 am

Postby areon on Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:21 am

edmundomcpot wrote:i think it was declared a victory because israel would of eventually won the way things were going..hezbollahs army was nothing compared to the israeli army and the rocket attacks would of had to stop


That's not true, the Israeli army never was able to stop the rocket fire. They had to increase their combat forces and still could not stop the fire or make Hezbollah submit. The end of the conflict also had the highest frequency and intensity of attacks going INTO Israel, so they were not in control. The why is very simple, they weren't fighting an army. It was a failed plan and a good thing that the conflict didn't escalate.

Levon wrote:Actually i think isreal had better equal rights then most countrys when it was created and they dont persecute arabs in the way the that arabs persecute jews.

why does israel have to be a jewish state anyway? why can it be a country where both arabs and jews live? same goes for arabs. why does a muslim country have to be sunni or shia? cant it just be a coutnry where the majority are shia ir sunni?


Yes Israel opened all of Jerusalem to the 3 faiths when it was formed. But that was a long time ago, now there are restrictions for where Palestinians can move around. Israel was made a Jewish state, if you look at the formation Palestine was broken up into 2 areas. The Arabs didn't accept this because it was a UN mandate which left them out of the loop. The war fought displaced the Palestinians and, since the Arabs lost it, has become an Israeli issue of supporting them. That's why they don't want to coexist with each other. I don't know much about the historical roots of the Sunni/Shiite split but separating the populations of countries won't solve the problem. Look at India's break up, massive populations of Islamics left India for Pakistan and vice versa for Hindus. This didn't stop their animosity and both nations are still debating on what land each should control.

There is no easy fix to these problems. Please don't fall into thinking that Arabs are all anti-semitic and that Israel is the land for all Jewish people. Many of their grievances have nothing to do with religion but instead deal with more immediate concerns.
"We spend as much effort on indifference as our parents spent in the war."

Wiesel and others fear this...
User avatar
Private areon
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:11 am

Postby qeee1 on Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:58 pm

edmundomcpot wrote:i think it was declared a victory because israel would of eventually won the way things were going..hezbollahs army was nothing compared to the israeli army and the rocket attacks would of had to stop


What gives you that idea? Isreal had far superior army at the start too. They expected to get the job done in a few days, then a few more, then a few more only they couldn't get it done.

There is no easy fix to these problems. Please don't fall into thinking that Arabs are all anti-semitic and that Israel is the land for all Jewish people. Many of their grievances have nothing to do with religion but instead deal with more immediate concerns.


Yes and Yes, in fact a growing number of Jewish people are starting to oppose the existance of Isreal.
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
User avatar
Colonel qeee1
 
Posts: 2904
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:43 pm
Location: Ireland
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Postby edmundomcpot on Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:17 pm

qeee1 wrote:
edmundomcpot wrote:i think it was declared a victory because israel would of eventually won the way things were going..hezbollahs army was nothing compared to the israeli army and the rocket attacks would of had to stop


What gives you that idea? Isreal had far superior army at the start too. They expected to get the job done in a few days, then a few more, then a few more only they couldn't get it done.



from what i was hearing on british news the israeli army was advancing further and further into lebanon...but i may be wrong..
Would you choose supremecy if it lead to isolation?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
User avatar
Cook edmundomcpot
 
Posts: 464
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:18 am
Location: N.wales
Medals: 2
Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Previous

Return to Babble-On Five

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DaGip

Login