Conquer Club

somalia

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Genghis Khant on Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:09 pm

2dimes wrote:
MeDeFe wrote: The Japanese had tried to surrender several times even before the A-bombs fell, but a certain president wanted to make a point.
George dubya?

So now everyone hates him because he went too far and dropped the bomb on Japan because Britain and the international governments would not allow them to surrender?

Mmmmmmok.

I hate Dubya because he led the Spanish Inquisition. And he shot JFK. And when Rome was burning, it was Dubya who said "c'mon Nero, play us another tune on yer fiddle". It was Dubya who tempted Eve to eat the apple. Dubya invented Pot Noodles, Big Brother and Vanilla Ice.
Corporal 1st Class Genghis Khant

Postby 2dimes on Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:12 pm

Well then I suggest you "Git a gert stick ye kin ardy carin cutim wit it."
Corporal 2dimes

Postby mandalorian2298 on Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:20 pm

Genghis Khant wrote:
2dimes wrote:
MeDeFe wrote: The Japanese had tried to surrender several times even before the A-bombs fell, but a certain president wanted to make a point.
George dubya?

So now everyone hates him because he went too far and dropped the bomb on Japan because Britain and the international governments would not allow them to surrender?

Mmmmmmok.

I hate Dubya because he led the Spanish Inquisition. And he shot JFK. And when Rome was burning, it was Dubya who said "c'mon Nero, play us another tune on yer fiddle". It was Dubya who tempted Eve to eat the apple. Dubya invented Pot Noodles, Big Brother and Vanilla Ice.

And he apperently botched up your lobotomy, too :twisted:

P Gizzle wrote:that is very true....im not saying the method is fair. im asking the question, "do you have any better ideas?"

Better ideas for what? For stoping fanatical Iraquis from taking over Iraq?
For stoping Somalians from marrying each other?
Look P Gizzle, I don't hate or despise you or anything else of that kind. But when I read your posts I feel like I am having a discussion about "Is killing Jews morally wrong" with a member of the Hitler Jugend.
I know that your goverment is trying to convince you that there are enemies all around you who are just waiting to jump out of the dark and kill everyone you love because they hate democraty, freedom, capitalism or some other American value. Here in Croatia during the war between Croatia and Serbia there were lot of politicians and jurnalists who tryed to convice people that if a person is a Serb by nationality he is automaticly a bad person, and very possibly a monster. But, I know that that isn't true (and I know that any intelligent Serb also knows that he doesn't have to fear every Croatian he meets). There was a war. People did get killed. Civillians died too. But it was equaly dispicable when Serbian soldiers killed Croatian civilians and when Croatian soliders killed Serbs.

Some people here don't think so (thankfully they are in minority). Some people here think that "if a Serb lived in the territory occupied by the Serbian army, then they deserved to be killed as much as a Serbian soliders". I know that there are people in Serbia who think similar things about war-crimes their soliders commited.
But it isn't true. Killing civilians isn't what true warrior does. A warrior isn't a coward who substutes concience with orders. A warrior takes full responsibillity for what he does. If he recives the order to drop a bomb on a hospital or a residential building (in a country agains wich his country hasn't even declared war) he will NOT obey that order. He will refuse it and face the consequences of his actions. He will not hide behind his uniform. Like Naci soliders did. Like American soliders do.
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby P Gizzle on Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:43 pm

mandalorian2298 wrote:
Genghis Khant wrote:
2dimes wrote:
George dubya?

Mmmmmmok.

And he apperently botched up your lobotomy, too :twisted:

P Gizzle wrote:that is very true....im not saying the method is fair. im asking the question, "do you have any better ideas?"

Better ideas for what? For stoping fanatical Iraquis from taking over Iraq?
For stoping Somalians from marrying each other?
Look P Gizzle, I don't hate or despise you or anything else of that kind. But when I read your posts I feel like I am having a discussion about "Is killing Jews morally wrong" with a member of the Hitler Jugend.
I know that your goverment is trying to convince you that there are enemies all around you who are just waiting to jump out of the dark and kill everyone you love because they hate democraty, freedom, capitalism or some other American value. Here in Croatia during the war between Croatia and Serbia there were lot of politicians and jurnalists who tryed to convice people that if a person is a Serb by nationality he is automaticly a bad person, and very possibly a monster. But, I know that that isn't true (and I know that any intelligent Serb also knows that he doesn't have to fear every Croatian he meets). There was a war. People did get killed. Civillians died too. But it was equaly dispicable when Serbian soldiers killed Croatian civilians and when Croatian soliders killed Serbs.

Some people here don't think so (thankfully they are in minority). Some people here think that "if a Serb lived in the territory occupied by the Serbian army, then they deserved to be killed as much as a Serbian soliders". I know that there are people in Serbia who think similar things about war-crimes their soliders commited.
But it isn't true. Killing civilians isn't what true warrior does. A warrior isn't a coward who substutes concience with orders. A warrior takes full responsibillity for what he does. If he recives the order to drop a bomb on a hospital or a residential building (in a country agains wich his country hasn't even declared war) he will NOT obey that order. He will refuse it and face the consequences of his actions. He will not hide behind his uniform. Like Naci soliders did. Like American soliders do.

and i feel as though im talking to someone who has no idea what's been going on in america for years....there are bad people out there. what's 9/11? im not saying all muslims are bad or whatever you want me to say, im just saying, if you have a better idea to take out the terrorists (you know, the guys behing 9/11, the british airways, etc., etc. please let america know
Gridiron Gang- CC's largest Clan!
Cook P Gizzle

Postby mandalorian2298 on Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:33 pm

P Gizzle wrote:and i feel as though im talking to someone who has no idea what's been going on in america for years....there are bad people out there. what's 9/11? im not saying all muslims are bad or whatever you want me to say, im just saying, if you have a better idea to take out the terrorists (you know, the guys behing 9/11, the british airways, etc., etc. please let america know

Alot less people died on 9/11 then in "the war on terror". Besides if it's ok for Americans to bomb residential buildings then what is your objection on the Al-Qaida actions made on 9/11? Nationality of the victims?

:roll:

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.

Postby P Gizzle on Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:43 pm

i never said it's alright......it's horrible....i just don't know what else to do...do you?
Gridiron Gang- CC's largest Clan!
Cook P Gizzle

Postby what,me worry? on Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:27 pm

qeee1 wrote:
what,me worry? wrote: Isreal will sweep up the mess in palestine and all that will remain will be a few middle eastern fronts and stabilizing the phillipines.

Yeah, because we all saw how calpable Isreal is in their complete failure against Hezbollah.

With its hands tied behind its back back the U.N.? Israel should just take back palestine. They gave back much of it and still they are being attacked. F*ck them. And not sure if you noticed but, Palestine is in the middle of its war against itself. check mate
Private 1st Class what,me worry?

Postby Sammy gags on Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:34 pm

not sure where mandalorian stands with terrorism, would u rather have strict enforcement on it or not bother with it?
Lieutenant Sammy gags

Postby s.xkitten on Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:40 pm

if you don't bother with it, or make fun of it, they will stop doing it...
Sergeant s.xkitten

Postby Sammy gags on Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:42 pm

thats wut was believed b4 september 11th
Lieutenant Sammy gags

Postby areon on Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:44 pm

Tell me, where was the UN when Israel destroyed the infrastructure of Lebanon? Where was the UN in regards to the US strike force off the coast? If it wasn't for the cease-fire brokered by Annan Israel might have been attacked by the Arab nations again. Israel could not once stop the mortar and rocket fire even after deploying more troops than they had planned to use.

Israel hasn't been returning Palestinian land, they've been building settlements and restricting Arab traffic. There is no surprise that Hamas is being attacked when they are a foreign entity. Palestine hasn't been a single nation since Arafet stepped down in any case.
"We spend as much effort on indifference as our parents spent in the war."

Wiesel and others fear this...
Private areon

Postby s.xkitten on Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:45 pm

no, i still believe that...if we made fun of it, instead of going to war, they wouldn't do it again...but instead, we started running around like chickens with our heads cut off, making security so tight everywhere, going to war, all kinds of shit....they're gonna do it again
Sergeant s.xkitten

Postby mandalorian2298 on Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:45 pm

P Gizzle wrote:i never said it's alright......it's horrible....i just don't know what else to do...do you?

Look man, I am all for punishing terrorists. But, if you kill civilians in one country to protect civilians in the other country, that can only mean that lives of your civilians a worth far more then the lives of citizens of other contries. Terrorists (the ones you think of when you use the world) are individuals or groups. I apsolutly agree that the law-enforcing agencies of ALL civilized countries should hunt and kill those terrorists. But, that is no excuse for OCCUPYING another country. It is no excuse for BOMBING a housing-complex.

Imagine if a terrorist cell was found in New York and the U.S. Army droped a bomb on the building in wich they were hiding? Could you ever (exepting, MAYBE, a case of an open warfare taking place on American soil) tolerate or forgive such an act?

Postby mandalorian2298 on Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:49 pm

Sammy gags wrote:not sure where mandalorian stands with terrorism, would u rather have strict enforcement on it or not bother with it?

I just don't think that the way in wich USA is fighting terrorism is all that different form the way terrorists commit acts of terrorisms.

Postby DogDoc on Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:53 pm

MeDeFe wrote:As for Hiroshima and Nagasaki... why would the US army even have tried to take the Japanese homeland as you call it? The Japanese had tried to surrender several times even before the A-bombs fell, but a certain president wanted to make a point.

No shit? This is a part of history I wasn't aware of. You wouldn't happen to have a source for this information by any chance, would you?
Corporal 1st Class DogDoc

Postby s.xkitten on Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:57 pm

MeDeFe wrote:As for Hiroshima and Nagasaki... why would the US army even have tried to take the Japanese homeland as you call it? The Japanese had tried to surrender several times even before the A-bombs fell, but a certain president wanted to make a point.

last time i checked we told them to surrender, they didn't, we dropped the first one, asked again, they still refused, we dropped the second one...then they decided we were serious, and surrendered...
Sergeant s.xkitten

Postby mandalorian2298 on Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:05 pm

s.xkitten wrote:

last time i checked we told them to surrender, they didn't, we dropped the first one, asked again, they still refused, we dropped the second one...then they decided we were serious, and surrendered...

I guess the didn't understand the first one so you droped the translator with the second one, right :roll:

Postby Sammy gags on Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:10 pm

i think that dropping the atomic bombs was 1 of the best decisions any of our presidents have ever done, i also think that being in iraq is necessary, but just 2 be the military that the growing iraqi government needs
Lieutenant Sammy gags

Postby mandalorian2298 on Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:12 pm

Sammy gags wrote:i think that dropping the atomic bombs was 1 of the best decisions any of our presidents have ever done...

I agree. Droping one on Washington would do wonders for World-peace :wink:

Postby what,me worry? on Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:20 pm

areon wrote:Tell me, where was the UN when Israel destroyed the infrastructure of Lebanon? Where was the UN in regards to the US strike force off the coast? If it wasn't for the cease-fire brokered by Annan Israel might have been attacked by the Arab nations again. Israel could not once stop the mortar and rocket fire even after deploying more troops than they had planned to use.

Israel hasn't been returning Palestinian land, they've been building settlements and restricting Arab traffic. There is no surprise that Hamas is being attacked when they are a foreign entity. Palestine hasn't been a single nation since Arafet stepped down in any case.

Are you kidding me? Most of what Israel has taken from palestine, they have given back slowly or let arabs settle back into it.What motivation would they have to give arab land back completely when arabs have direct terrorist connections, and when every arab nation conspires against Israel(7 days war etc.). And why is that whenever Israel has had enough of the arab bs, that they freely raid palestine and take out enemy strong holds? This is the first time Israel has really provoked anything(raids) during peace talkes but it was in response to p*ssy sh*t kidnappings. If you want to compare tit for tat, Palestine negotiations are a joke when it comes to peace talks.
Private 1st Class what,me worry?

Postby Sammy gags on Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:08 pm

mandalorian2298 wrote:
Sammy gags wrote:i think that dropping the atomic bombs was 1 of the best decisions any of our presidents have ever done...

i am really disturbed by ur views of the world
Lieutenant Sammy gags

Postby DogDoc on Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:27 pm

Sammy gags wrote:
mandalorian2298 wrote:

i am really disturbed by ur views of the world

I'm HOPING he was kidding as indicated by the wink . . .
WARNING: The light at the end of the tunnel is a train.
Corporal 1st Class DogDoc

Postby Caleb the Cruel on Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:51 pm

America must fight the Islamic militants in Somalia.
Corporal 1st Class Caleb the Cruel

Postby areon on Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:37 pm

s.xkitten wrote:last time i checked we told them to surrender, they didn't, we dropped the first one, asked again, they still refused, we dropped the second one...then they decided we were serious, and surrendered...

That's only half of the story. You left out the part where Japan wanted to keep their Emperor and not make it a complete propoganda move for the US. They refused our conditions because we knew they would when we gave them to the Japs. Just like before the war we knew they would attack us for freezing all natural resources being sent to Japan to provoke them to attack us or to back down and move out of China. We knew they wouldn't retreat btw. It's a shame really what is being called history.

what,me worry? wrote:This is the first time Israel has really provoked anything(raids) during peace talkes but it was in response to p*ssy sh*t kidnappings.

Right, one or two Israeli soldiers getting kidnapped makes it alright to invade a nation and make them unable to resist Hamas influence. Lebanon is now completely under their control and has no chance of taking a moderate view towards Israel. No Arab nation has invaded Israel since the 6-day war for a reason. The failure in Lebanon takes away the spotchless record and makes Israel vulnerable.

And they haven't given back the West Bank or Golan Heights. They are denying Arabs human rights there. You can't penalize an entire race for the actions of a few.
"We spend as much effort on indifference as our parents spent in the war."

Wiesel and others fear this...
Private areon

Postby cowshrptrn on Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:18 pm

As far as Somalia goes, if they dindt' ask for us, why are we there? Don't use 9/11 as an excuse for invading countries, about 2000 americans died in the 9/11 attacks, hundreds of thousands of Iraqis have died in our "liberation" of iraq, thats from us directly, and from the violence caused by the instability we brought to the region.

As far as somalia goes, we tried helping there before, but that ended terribly (black hawk down anyone?) i think we should try and do something sensible for once and stop chasing terroists. when you attack a country on the grounds that it harbors terrorists you will ahve to fight urban battles, which involve a LOT of colateral damage, and inherently destabilize the country making room for terrorists to move in (regardless of whether they were there from the beginning or not). The best way to deal with terrorists situations would be to aid local governments with international support, and start off by developing the country, putting in humanitarian aid so people aren't driven to join terrorist organizations. Its not possible to completely get rid of terrorism, but we're not even trying!
Private cowshrptrn

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,