Conquer Club

somalia

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Sammy gags on Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:08 pm

mandalorian2298 wrote:
Sammy gags wrote:i think that dropping the atomic bombs was 1 of the best decisions any of our presidents have ever done...

I agree. Droping one on Washington would do wonders for World-peace :wink:

i am really disturbed by ur views of the world
Lieutenant Sammy gags

Postby DogDoc on Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:27 pm

Sammy gags wrote:
mandalorian2298 wrote:
Sammy gags wrote:i think that dropping the atomic bombs was 1 of the best decisions any of our presidents have ever done...

I'm HOPING he was kidding as indicated by the wink . . .
WARNING: The light at the end of the tunnel is a train.
Corporal 1st Class DogDoc

Postby Caleb the Cruel on Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:51 pm

America must fight the Islamic militants in Somalia.
Corporal 1st Class Caleb the Cruel

Postby areon on Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:37 pm

s.xkitten wrote:last time i checked we told them to surrender, they didn't, we dropped the first one, asked again, they still refused, we dropped the second one...then they decided we were serious, and surrendered...

That's only half of the story. You left out the part where Japan wanted to keep their Emperor and not make it a complete propoganda move for the US. They refused our conditions because we knew they would when we gave them to the Japs. Just like before the war we knew they would attack us for freezing all natural resources being sent to Japan to provoke them to attack us or to back down and move out of China. We knew they wouldn't retreat btw. It's a shame really what is being called history.

what,me worry? wrote:This is the first time Israel has really provoked anything(raids) during peace talkes but it was in response to p*ssy sh*t kidnappings.

Right, one or two Israeli soldiers getting kidnapped makes it alright to invade a nation and make them unable to resist Hamas influence. Lebanon is now completely under their control and has no chance of taking a moderate view towards Israel. No Arab nation has invaded Israel since the 6-day war for a reason. The failure in Lebanon takes away the spotchless record and makes Israel vulnerable.

And they haven't given back the West Bank or Golan Heights. They are denying Arabs human rights there. You can't penalize an entire race for the actions of a few.
"We spend as much effort on indifference as our parents spent in the war."

Wiesel and others fear this...
Private areon

Postby cowshrptrn on Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:18 pm

As far as Somalia goes, if they dindt' ask for us, why are we there? Don't use 9/11 as an excuse for invading countries, about 2000 americans died in the 9/11 attacks, hundreds of thousands of Iraqis have died in our "liberation" of iraq, thats from us directly, and from the violence caused by the instability we brought to the region.

As far as somalia goes, we tried helping there before, but that ended terribly (black hawk down anyone?) i think we should try and do something sensible for once and stop chasing terroists. when you attack a country on the grounds that it harbors terrorists you will ahve to fight urban battles, which involve a LOT of colateral damage, and inherently destabilize the country making room for terrorists to move in (regardless of whether they were there from the beginning or not). The best way to deal with terrorists situations would be to aid local governments with international support, and start off by developing the country, putting in humanitarian aid so people aren't driven to join terrorist organizations. Its not possible to completely get rid of terrorism, but we're not even trying!
Private cowshrptrn

Postby Genghis Khant on Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:46 pm

areon wrote:...Right, one or two Israeli soldiers getting kidnapped makes it alright to invade a nation and make them unable to resist Hamas influence. Lebanon is now completely under their control and has no chance of taking a moderate view towards Israel...

I'd just like to clarify that it was Hezbollah that Israel was trying to subdue in Lebanon.

Hamas is the democratically elected government of the Palestinian people.
Corporal 1st Class Genghis Khant

Postby ksslemp on Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:09 am

mandalorian2298 wrote:Of course unless they are "fighting-terrorism". That makes it all right to do anything.

I Agree !
Wherever they are, in any country, do whatever it takes to send them to Hell! They deserve nothing less.
Major ksslemp

Postby ksslemp on Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:13 am

Genghis Khant wrote:Hamas is the democratically elected government of the Palestinian people.

That sends out it's ignorant sheep for slaughter.
Major ksslemp

Postby ksslemp on Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:19 am

areon wrote:
s.xkitten wrote:last time i checked we told them to surrender, they didn't, we dropped the first one, asked again, they still refused, we dropped the second one...then they decided we were serious, and surrendered...

That's only half of the story. You left out the part where Japan wanted to keep their Emperor and not make it a complete propoganda move for the US. They refused our conditions because we knew they would when we gave them to the Japs. Just like before the war we knew they would attack us for freezing all natural resources being sent to Japan to provoke them to attack us or to back down and move out of China. We knew they wouldn't retreat btw. It's a shame really what is being called history.

what,me worry? wrote:This is the first time Israel has really provoked anything(raids) during peace talkes but it was in response to p*ssy sh*t kidnappings.

Right, one or two Israeli soldiers getting kidnapped makes it alright to invade a nation and make them unable to resist Hamas influence. Lebanon is now completely under their control and has no chance of taking a moderate view towards Israel. No Arab nation has invaded Israel since the 6-day war for a reason. The failure in Lebanon takes away the spotchless record and makes Israel vulnerable.

And they haven't given back the West Bank or Golan Heights. They are denying Arabs human rights there. You can't penalize an entire race for the actions of a few.

All they had to do was return the kidnapped soldiers!
They made the wrong choice, people are cannon fodder to those idiots!

If only there was a biotoxin that killed stupid people, the Israelis could put it in the Lebonese water supply and kill off Hezbollah and their supporters.
Major ksslemp

Postby Genghis Khant on Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:43 am

"If only there was a biotoxin that killed stupid people..."

If there was you'd be in big trouble. :wink:

Postby DIRESTRAITS on Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:27 am

P Gizzle wrote:[can you tell me one thriving country who hasn't been in a war and killed a civilian child?? I can't....WWII, Britain, US, even Canada went into France and accidently killed kids......hey, it's not good, but it happend, and let me tell you that if we didnt kill those kids, we wouldnt have been there, and wouldnt have won that war, and the world would be run by a facist dictator......so, of course, that's a reason to kill kids...so, that other kids can have a free life, and not die......it ain't good, but it's a hard world out there

Amen. Its a harsh reality, but sometimes killing civillians is the only way to win a war to save more lives. The problem in this country is that everyone wants us to win without any mess at all, but that cant happen
Private 1st Class DIRESTRAITS

Postby DIRESTRAITS on Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:36 am

areon wrote:

Wow you are stupid Aereon. You actually think the millitary leaders of Japan would have accepted the Emporers Surrender? They would have resisted. Japanese culture is that you never surrender, and it took 2 nukes to reverse that. Secondly, How is Israel denying Arabs human rights. THe only people denying anyone rights is the Arabs. Thirdly, Israel had every right to take the Golan Heights and West Bank, and they shouldnt give them back. The Arabs used them too attack the Israelis, so the Israelis took them. Thats happened millions of times in the history of the world. I you dont like it, too bad. Fourthly, the Arabs dont want the Golan heights and West Bank. They want the extermination of the Jewish race. Sound familiar?
Private 1st Class DIRESTRAITS

Postby mandalorian2298 on Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:08 am

DogDoc wrote:
Sammy gags wrote:
mandalorian2298 wrote:

I'm HOPING he was kidding as indicated by the wink . . .

Of course I was kidding. Anyone who thinks that "dropping the atomic bombs was 1 of the best decisions.." is fucking SICK.

It is very strange to me, however, that you guys seem more upset by WHERE the bomb is droped, then by the facts that tousends of civilians are killed by it. There are civillians outside USA, too :roll: :roll: :roll:
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby mandalorian2298 on Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:13 am

ksslemp wrote:
Genghis Khant wrote:Hamas is the democratically elected government of the Palestinian people.

That sends out it's ignorant sheep for slaughter.

Wow, guy who voted for Bush calls Palestinians ignorant. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ksslemp wrote:I Agree !
Wherever they are, in any country, do whatever it takes to send them to Hell! They deserve nothing less.

Even if they work for the US Goverment?

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.

Postby ksslemp on Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:32 am

Grow a Brain would ya!

where did the voted for Bush come from? you don't know who the hell i voted for! You must be one of those people who Sees what he Believes, and not the other way around.
Major ksslemp

Postby ksslemp on Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:52 am

Genghis Khant wrote:"If only there was a biotoxin that killed stupid people..."

Hardy Har Har Har! You're a clever sod! :roll:
You must be a Hezbollah supporter, poor kid. All the pain and suffering in lebanon and the palestinian terr. is caused by hamas and hezbollah. they'll get peace when they want peace!

God can fight his own battles, He doesn't need ignorant sheep to fight for Him. He is God Almighty!

Anyone who has actually read the quran, and not just recited words in it that they don't understand, has to come away from it knowing that mohammed was not a prophet of God, but a one eyed man in the land of the blind!

How do you become a mullah? oh yeah, you become a mullah if your Daddy was one! What a joke.
Major ksslemp

Postby Stopper on Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:18 am

DIRESTRAITS wrote:Fourthly, the Arabs dont want the Golan heights and West Bank. They want the extermination of the Jewish race. Sound familiar?

DO you really mean to suggest that all Arabs want the extermination of the Jewish race? If that is really what you think, then I'll adopt a sweeping generalization of my own, and suggest that all Americans are brain-washed Fox News-slogans-spouting sheep.

I suspect that most of the millions of Palestinian refugees just want their homes back.
Lieutenant Stopper

Postby mandalorian2298 on Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:07 am

ksslemp wrote:Grow a Brain would ya!

where did the voted for Bush come from? you don't know who the hell i voted for! You must be one of those people who Sees what he Believes, and not the other way around.

You didn't vote for Bush? LMAO :lol: Liar :P

Postby ksslemp on Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:37 am

qeee1 wrote:
what,me worry? wrote: Isreal will sweep up the mess in palestine and all that will remain will be a few middle eastern fronts and stabilizing the phillipines.

Yeah, because we all saw how calpable Isreal is in their complete failure against Hezbollah.

Failure? I'll take that kind of failure any day.
Major ksslemp

Postby joeyjordison on Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:19 pm

interestin the range of views. i don't like to pass judgement really. to me afghanistan looks like a mess, iraq looks like a mess, and my prediction is that somalia will b a mess again like it was last time. despite this u never know wat would happen if these places hadn't been invaded.... u can never tell wat would happen if an action hadn't occured and therefore i believe in just trying to stand up for wat u believe in the future not the past. u just use the past to demonstrate ur points for the future
Major joeyjordison

Postby areon on Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:37 pm

Genghis Khant wrote:I'd just like to clarify that it was Hezbollah that Israel was trying to subdue in Lebanon.

Hamas is the democratically elected government of the Palestinian people.

Sorry, I get the two mixed up.

DIRESTRAITS wrote:Wow you are stupid Aereon. You actually think the millitary leaders of Japan would have accepted the Emporers Surrender? They would have resisted. Japanese culture is that you never surrender, and it took 2 nukes to reverse that. Secondly, How is Israel denying Arabs human rights. THe only people denying anyone rights is the Arabs. Thirdly, Israel had every right to take the Golan Heights and West Bank, and they shouldnt give them back. The Arabs used them too attack the Israelis, so the Israelis took them. Thats happened millions of times in the history of the world. I you dont like it, too bad. Fourthly, the Arabs dont want the Golan heights and West Bank. They want the extermination of the Jewish race. Sound familiar?

Wow thanks for that lesson in stupidity. The Japanese were willing to accept the first time the Emperor spoke to them as genuine, why was that? Because he actually went out into the public and talked with his people. The whole military DID surrender after this, it wasn't the bombs that stopped them. Once they had heard the Emperor's command to disarm they did. The Japanese creed wasn't to commit suicide, that's America's inability to distinguish between fanaticism and loyalty. The Japanese didn't have the leeway that other religious groups have when determining what their deity wants done.

Israel has never been able to stop the attacks on their country without going through peace talks. No matter how many times they raid into Palestine or attack Lebanon the attacks continue. Yes mortar fire has been used on the Golan Heights, but seizing them hasn't changed anything. Everytime the terrorists come up with something new to hit Israel with. The only way to stop this is to come to an agreement with their neighbors, which Israel doesn't care for. And the human rights record of Saudi Arabia, Israel, and the other neighbors are all horrible. If you don't know anything about the growth of Israeli settlements and fragmentation of Palestine I would suggest picking up Carter's new book. The first time I read about this was a year ago in a book called the Geography of War and it mentioned that this has been going on unreported for the past decade.

And for the last time, counter-terrorism is not war. There is no clear enemy, no clear goal, no clear way to fight it. Of course civilians die in modern wars due to their nature, but what we are doing is as Mandalorian said. Direct attacks on civilian populations to target a few terrorists doesn't work.

Joey it wasn't that hard to predict what would happen in Afghanistan or Iraq if light forces were sent in and the countries not secured after their governments were toppled. The warlords were in Afghanistan before we invaded and kept in check by the Taliban, so of course they will emerge as the new power if the Taliban was removed with nothing to replace them. It might not have been clear in Iraq that an insurgency would grow to what it has but it was obvious that the Shiite would want to punish the Sunni for their past rule and a possible separation of the Kurds. It isn't possible to know what will happen but the new strategy of the administration is to act as if that absolves them of responsibility. Or that we are unable to comprehend the long term plan, which appears to be an escalation of wars in the area.
"We spend as much effort on indifference as our parents spent in the war."

Wiesel and others fear this...
Private areon

Postby Genghis Khant on Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:17 pm

ksslemp wrote:
Genghis Khant wrote:"If only there was a biotoxin that killed stupid people..."

Hardy Har Har Har! You're a clever sod! :roll:
You must be a Hezbollah supporter, poor kid. All the pain and suffering in lebanon and the palestinian terr. is caused by hamas and hezbollah. they'll get peace when they want peace!

God can fight his own battles, He doesn't need ignorant sheep to fight for Him. He is God Almighty!

Anyone who has actually read the quran, and not just recited words in it that they don't understand, has to come away from it knowing that mohammed was not a prophet of God, but a one eyed man in the land of the blind!

How do you become a mullah? oh yeah, you become a mullah if your Daddy was one! What a joke.

I rest my case.

Postby Genghis Khant on Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:21 pm

How do you become a bishop? By being a paedophile who's good at covering up for your colleagues.

Postby tonywalrus on Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:10 pm

P Gizzle wrote:
mandalorian2298 wrote:1. I don't hate US. I don't hate at all. It's bad for karma.

I eaqualy despise people who consider that killing little children is "ok in certain conditions" no matter their country of origin.

If that is "everyone around me" then world has become one fucked-up place real fast. So, please explain, when is it ok to kill kids? 'Cause I honestly can't think of a way in wich bombing a residential building and killing children is something good. If you know how it's good, tell me.

1. ok you dispise....so sorry... :roll:

2. can you tell me one thriving country who hasn't been in a war and killed a civilian child?? I can't....WWII, Britain, US, even Canada went into France and accidently killed kids......hey, it's not good, but it happend, and let me tell you that if we didnt kill those kids, we wouldnt have been there, and wouldnt have won that war, and the world would be run by a facist dictator......so, of course, that's a reason to kill kids...so, that other kids can have a free life, and not die......it ain't good, but it's a hard world out there

Do you have kids? I have a six year old son and nothing, I repeat nothing could bring me to express the coldblooded sentiments you are expressing. I hope that you are saying what you are saying because you lack real experience of children of your own, the alternative does not bear thinking about. If you can't create a life please do not be so callous about destroying one.
Sergeant tonywalrus

Location: Deep below the cold inky darkness of the Bering Sea.

Postby P Gizzle on Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:16 pm

tonywalrus wrote:
P Gizzle wrote:
mandalorian2298 wrote:1. I don't hate US. I don't hate at all. It's bad for karma.

I eaqualy despise people who consider that killing little children is "ok in certain conditions" no matter their country of origin.

If that is "everyone around me" then world has become one fucked-up place real fast. So, please explain, when is it ok to kill kids? 'Cause I honestly can't think of a way in wich bombing a residential building and killing children is something good. If you know how it's good, tell me.

1. ok you dispise....so sorry... :roll:

2. can you tell me one thriving country who hasn't been in a war and killed a civilian child?? I can't....WWII, Britain, US, even Canada went into France and accidently killed kids......hey, it's not good, but it happend, and let me tell you that if we didnt kill those kids, we wouldnt have been there, and wouldnt have won that war, and the world would be run by a facist dictator......so, of course, that's a reason to kill kids...so, that other kids can have a free life, and not die......it ain't good, but it's a hard world out there

Do you have kids? I have a six year old son and nothing, I repeat nothing could bring me to express the coldblooded sentiments you are expressing. I hope that you are saying what you are saying because you lack real experience of children of your own, the alternative does not bear thinking about. If you can't create a life please do not be so callous about destroying one.

no, i don't have any kids, and i regret that statement....i was really mad and tired when i wrote that....that is not what i meant at all....very sorry :(
Gridiron Gang- CC's largest Clan!
Cook P Gizzle

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,