Humanzee

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re:

Postby AAFitz on Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:19 pm

Lionz wrote:AAFitz,

Is there a particular statement you would like to discuss?

No, but thanks. I discuss fiction at the book of the month club.
john9blue wrote:"honestly i think martin might be better off dead"

sekretar: "i go to russia and then, without comp, i hoppe, i forgot this shit who kill my nerves long time!"
Major AAFitz

Medals: 84
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (2)

Re: Humanzee

Postby Phatscotty on Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:18 am

Jesse Ventura addressed this on his show last week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNjwA1YWeA0&t=12m15s
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 86
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (2)

Postby CreepersWiener on Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:45 am

AndyDufresne wrote:This topic caught my eye. **Eats a banana**

--Andy

I don't know if it was mentioned...but the thought of Andy eating a banana makes me horny.
Army of GOD wrote:I joined this game because it's so similar to Call of Duty.
Sergeant CreepersWiener

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby AAFitz on Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:43 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:This topic caught my eye. **Eats a banana**

--Andy

Just don't get caught lingering with that banana, or you'll likely lose that eye testing the newest eyedrops.
john9blue wrote:"honestly i think martin might be better off dead"

sekretar: "i go to russia and then, without comp, i hoppe, i forgot this shit who kill my nerves long time!"
Major AAFitz

Medals: 84
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (2)

Postby GabonX on Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:34 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Jesse Ventura addressed this on his show last week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNjwA1YWeA0&t=12m15s

Scott, it seems extremely probable that a hybrid is not only possible but has probably been created at numerous points throughout history. We know the USSR experimented with the concept, and after hearing the information in your clip about the government primate research center and how the founder wrote extensively about his desire to create such a being, I think it's safe to say that it's probably been attempted here as well.

It's my opinion that Oliver is probably an example of just such a being. In Japan he was confirmed to have 47 chromosomes, the number between the chromosomal count of a chimp and a man. Decades later an animal testing firm that routinely kills animals produced a chimpanzee that was claimed to be Oliver and DNA results concluded that it was a regular chimpanzee. In every other instance differing DNA results indicate different specimens, but in this one isolated case a differing result is interpreted to mean Oliver is a regular chimp even though the obtained specimen exhibits none of the peculiar characteristics that Oliver did several decades earlier.

It's my opinion that Oliver probably died in lab testing, and the firm did not want to deal with the social and potential legal repercussions of having killed an animal that was half human, so they produced another specimen. To me this seems the most likely explanation considering that we have DNA results that indicate the animal in question is not the same one that was tested in Japan.

Thanks for the clip Scott. This is an area of science that most people are uncomfortable with, but I think it's important that this information be part of the common awareness.
Spazz Arcane wrote:If birds could swim and fish could fly I would awaken in the morning to the sturgeons cry. If fish could fly and birds could swim, I'd still use worms to fish for them.
Timminz wrote:Public displays of stuipidity amuse me greatly.
Captain GabonX

Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Previous

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?