You know what really grinds my gears...

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: You know what really grinds my gears...

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:23 am

Army of GOD wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:It's their teams, they reserve the right, and they need the money to maintain the profitability of the soccer team (which ain't cheap, dawg).

I agree. That's why I'm not passing legislation disallowing them to do it.

The reason why I dislike it is because it's not aesthetically nor intellectually pleasing. The logos do a poor job at blending in with the uniforms and I very much dislike how a third party corporation insists on advertising in such a way.

I don't see why you think my disdain for such a thing is irrational. It's not like I say it's irrational for you to not like a certain painting or a musical artist.

What is irrational, however, is comparing religion to sports in the United States. Essentially, if you're saying that that comparison is ok, then if I was to object Microsoft from putting its logo on Stonehenge, apparently I am now a follower of the religion "ancient monuments". My, or most Americans, love of sports has no resemblances of popular religions. You can interpret whatever you want from American sports to symbolize a concept from religion, but honestly I would rather you just not jerk off.

Ohhhh, this is a B&M session on the ickyness of advertisements on soccer uniforms!

I mean, sure, it's not aesthetically/intellectually pleasing to you, because "appeal to emotions." There's nothing wrong with that, nor does it really lead anywhere, but that's not all that you said...

What's with this "sell out" mentality?

"-the fact that soccer teams think it's cool to sell out by having company logos on their uniforms."

So, if the logos weren't on uniforms, they wouldn't be sell-outs? Or does receiving funds from a corporation make one a sell-out? Where do you draw the line?
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:54 am

religion > Tebow
Major Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 133
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby AAFitz on Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:37 am

Army of GOD wrote:-When people post the "so and so is on your ignore list. Click to view post" just to show that someone is on their foe list (inb4 someone does that to me in this thread).

-Political threads

-People who hurt someone physically or emotionally, completely pointlessly, and then say "I'm sorry, but that's life".

What grinds yours?

An idiot not using the Emergency brake when parking on a hill.
john9blue wrote:"honestly i think martin might be better off dead"

sekretar: "i go to russia and then, without comp, i hoppe, i forgot this shit who kill my nerves long time!"

http://i.imgur.com/zU8yLiU.gif
Lieutenant AAFitz

Medals: 84
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (2)

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:45 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:So, if the logos weren't on uniforms, they wouldn't be sell-outs? Or does receiving funds from a corporation make one a sell-out? Where do you draw the line?

Yes, if the logos weren't on the uniforms, then it'd be ok. Once third party advertisements are on clothing, I get annoyed.
saxitoxin wrote:This is the Platinum Lounge, you POS. People should be able to enjoy a surprise dick pic now and then.
Cook Army of GOD

Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby Timminz on Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:48 pm

Why are uniforms no good for logos, but fields are? When watching the game, you can't see the front of anyone's shirt anyway.
jay_a2j wrote:lets not be so quick to judge Hitler
Sergeant 1st Class Timminz

Medals: 56
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:54 pm

Timminz wrote:Why are uniforms no good for logos, but fields are? When watching the game, you can't see the front of anyone's shirt anyway.

Because shut up
saxitoxin wrote:This is the Platinum Lounge, you POS. People should be able to enjoy a surprise dick pic now and then.
Cook Army of GOD

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)

Postby Lootifer on Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:15 pm

Are you really complaining about advertising on uniforms?! It doesn't even impact the game...

Compared to the stupid amounts of ad breaks during handegg matches that actually impact the viewing of the game... You sir are crazy.

Also I believe Australian Rugby League is the worst when it comes to uniform advertising:
Image For example
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Sergeant 1st Class Lootifer

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby Gold Knight on Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:20 pm

Dukasaur wrote:religion = Tebow

Fixed.
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (5)

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:27 pm

Lootifer wrote:Are you really complaining about advertising on uniforms?! It doesn't even impact the game...

Compared to the stupid amounts of ad breaks during handegg matches that actually impact the viewing of the game... You sir are crazy.

Also I believe Australian Rugby League is the worst when it comes to uniform advertising:
Image For example

I swear to fucking Science, stop calling football handegg =(
Cook Army of GOD

Postby Lootifer on Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:29 pm

haha, first time Ive done it tbh, just giggled at the pic in the other thread. Apologies good sir.

um but yeh, really grind your gears yet the stupid bud light ads every 30 seconds doesnt? Thats cool in all, just something i cant understand

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:32 pm

Lootifer wrote:haha, first time Ive done it tbh, just giggled at the pic in the other thread. Apologies good sir.

um but yeh, really grind your gears yet the stupid bud light ads every 30 seconds doesnt? Thats cool in all, just something i cant understand

Oh, I remember someone referred to it as handegg a few days ago. I thought it was you.

Also, commercials aren't as prevalent as you think.
Cook Army of GOD

Postby Aradhus on Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:49 pm

Team sports are retarded. In fact the only sport worth watching is Tennis.

It really grinds my gears that people don't know this.
Major Aradhus

Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby john9blue on Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:05 pm

Aradhus wrote:Team sports are retarded. In fact the only sport worth watching is Tennis.

It really grinds my gears that people don't know this.

it's hard to appreciate tennis on TV unless you know what's going on. for a lot of people, it's just two guys hitting a ball back and forth.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:06 pm

john9blue wrote:it's just two guys hitting a ball back and forth.

I think Aradhus is confusing tennis with sex
Cook Army of GOD

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:07 am

You know what really grinds my gears...

LTAs

(Little Tebow Arguments)

=D
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby AAFitz on Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:24 am

One thing about advertising, is it is very much one thing you have complete control over. You can very much ignore as much of it as you want, and can even go further as to avoid products from the companies that annoy you with placement of said ads.

I use the DVR so often and so religiously, that I myself cant even sit through an ad anymore. I fast forward, I pause it, or if those capabilities are gone, Ill lower the volume and look away. It has become complete habit. I do understand that eventually if all do this, I will possibly have to pay more for TV programs, but I am happy to do that, or not do that, but I certainly will not waste a minute watching an ad, even if it means spending two minutes avoiding it.

Seriously, try it. Its very liberating.

As far as ads on sports stars....most are just millionaires throwing a ball around. I don't give a f*ck what they do either. ;)
john9blue wrote:"honestly i think martin might be better off dead"

sekretar: "i go to russia and then, without comp, i hoppe, i forgot this shit who kill my nerves long time!"

http://i.imgur.com/zU8yLiU.gif
Lieutenant AAFitz

Medals: 84
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (2)

Postby Lootifer on Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:36 pm

Threads that arent about religion but explode into religious debate grind my gears.

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:47 pm

AAFitz wrote:One thing about advertising, is it is very much one thing you have complete control over. You can very much ignore as much of it as you want, and can even go further as to avoid products from the companies that annoy you with placement of said ads.

I use the DVR so often and so religiously, that I myself cant even sit through an ad anymore. I fast forward, I pause it, or if those capabilities are gone, Ill lower the volume and look away. It has become complete habit. I do understand that eventually if all do this, I will possibly have to pay more for TV programs, but I am happy to do that, or not do that, but I certainly will not waste a minute watching an ad, even if it means spending two minutes avoiding it.

Seriously, try it. Its very liberating.

As far as ads on sports stars....most are just millionaires throwing a ball around. I don't give a f*ck what they do either. ;)

Hear! Hear!

+1 on all three points = +3
Major Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:38 am

-when people say 'everything happens for a reason'

That's the most redundant bullshit I've ever heard. It's a selffulfilling prophecy and the fact that people point this out as if someone disagrees with this concept makes me ENRAGED
Cook Army of GOD

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:58 am

Army of GOD wrote:-when people say 'everything happens for a reason'

That's the most redundant bullshit I've ever heard. It's a selffulfilling prophecy and the fact that people point this out as if someone disagrees with this concept makes me ENRAGED

I suppose you might take "everything happens for a reason" literally and say that it is literally true: for every event some reason might be cited by someone explaining it.

However, that's not what people usually mean when they say it. Generally, the line is used by spiritualists who think that God or Gaia or some other entity is nudging the course of your life in a predetermined direction, and if you take it that way, then I certainly DO disagree with the concept.
Major Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:01 am

Close those legs, AoG. Your cyber vagina is wide open for raep.
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:22 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:Close those legs, AoG. Your cyber vagina is wide open for raep.

That's ok... I'm sure there would be a reason behind it.

-TG
ImageEight-year olds, Dude.
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:18 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:-when people say 'everything happens for a reason'

I suppose you might take "everything happens for a reason" literally and say that it is literally true: for every event some reason might be cited by someone explaining it.

However, that's not what people usually mean when they say it. Generally, the line is used by spiritualists who think that God or Gaia or some other entity is nudging the course of your life in a predetermined direction, and if you take it that way, then I certainly DO disagree with the concept.

It's tautologous no matter the way you slice it.
Cook Army of GOD

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:42 am

Bicyclists who don't use a headlight and rearlight.
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Postby Lootifer on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:26 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Bicyclists who don't use a headlight and rearlight.

OOOH OOOOOOH IVE GOT A GOOD ONE AND I BET BBS IS JUST THE KINDA GUY WHO DOES IT (in his jumbo sized Merc).

When there are two lanes, and the road v's not long after a set of lights. Theres clearly right and left lanes (we're driving on the left here sorry folks), and a queue often forms on the right lane because turning down that side of the V split in the road is the busier option. I MOTHER FUCKING HATE THOSE RICH EUROPEAN CAR DRIVING COCKSUCKERS WHO ZIP DOWN THE LEFT LANE AND SKIP THE QUEUE AT THE LIGHTS AND JUMP AHEAD!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Babble-On Five