NAACP Cries Racist at the Tea Party

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: NAACP Cries Racist at the Tea Party

Postby King Doctor on Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:07 pm

Night Strike wrote:I quoted the exact section YOU REQUESTED and you have the audacity to say I am being dishonest by editing?? Amazing.


No you didn't, so no it's not.

But again, don't let inconvenient facts get in the way of having a good rant and a froth.
User avatar
Private 1st Class King Doctor
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:18 am

Re: NAACP Cries Racist at the Tea Party

Postby King Doctor on Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:09 pm

Night Strike wrote:In regards to the incident Hilary Shelton is referencing, THERE ARE NO RACIST ELEMENTS IN THIS CASE WHEN NO ONE CAN PROVIDE PROOF OF THESE RACIAL EPITHETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ahh yes, we're back to pretending that the entire issue hinges on a single event. Again, no Gator to moan about the intellectual dishonesty this time I suspect.


Anyway, once you've re-located your caps-lock button, you should probably go take an amble through Pimpdaves, extremely helpful, 'Racist Tea Party Placards' thread. Perhaps then you can come back and engage in some slightly saner dialogue with us.
User avatar
Private 1st Class King Doctor
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:18 am

Re: NAACP Cries Racist at the Tea Party

Postby Night Strike on Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:14 pm

King Doctor wrote:
Night Strike wrote:I quoted the exact section YOU REQUESTED and you have the audacity to say I am being dishonest by editing?? Amazing.


No you didn't, so no it's not.

But again, don't let inconvenient facts get in the way of having a good rant and a froth.


I made the statement the resolution's language originally said the entire organization was racist. You called it "rubbish" and a "falsehood", asking me to provide a link with proof while you also claimed they only ever denounced racial elements. I provided a quotation that supported my position and you claimed I was selectively editing. I'm glad most of the members of this forum are smarter than you because you have clearly shown yourself to be a person who dismisses a logical sequence of argumentation in an effort to try to discredit me. Debate the point or leave the thread as it's obvious that right now you're just avoiding/ignoring the evidence you asked for.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
 
Posts: 8625
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:52 pm
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Re: NAACP Cries Racist at the Tea Party

Postby Woodruff on Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:31 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:The matter they were debating originally stated that the entire Tea Party was a racist organization. They apparently toned that down to racist elements when voting, but no one will know for sure until it's published.


How do we know that's what it stated if they haven't published it yet? I haven't seen a single thing from the NAACP stating that they considered the entire Tea Party to be a racist organization. Can you point me to somewhere they have?


When a business matter is brought to the table, it has to be read as to what it says before debate can open on the matter. My guess is that the original language included the part quoted in the news article about the entire organization being racist, and after the external uproar over the language, it was amended to refer to only the elements. I doubt there will ever be a copy of the original resolution language unless the NAACP publishes it in their meeting's minutes (no clue if they normally do that or not).


Ok, let me be clear here...YOU are stating that it is a fact that the NAACP made the statement about the entire Tea Party organization. So far, I have seen no proof of this from you or anyone else. Did you have some?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4881
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: NAACP Cries Racist at the Tea Party

Postby King Doctor on Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:43 pm

Night Strike wrote:I made the statement the resolution's language originally said the entire organization was racist. You called it "rubbish" and a "falsehood", asking me to provide a link with proof while you also claimed they only ever denounced racial elements.


So far so good...


Night Strike wrote:I provided a quotation that supported my position and you claimed I was selectively editing.


... because it was a quotation you had selectively edited from a wider article (which was, itself, an edited secondary source).

i.e. I was quite justified in saying precisely that, as the quotation that I supplied from the wider article (which undermined your position almost entirely) demonstrated.


Night Strike wrote:I'm glad most of the members of this forum are smarter than you because you have clearly shown yourself to be a person who dismisses a logical sequence of argumentation in an effort to try to discredit me. Debate the point or leave the thread as it's obvious that right now you're just avoiding/ignoring the evidence you asked for.


Ahh yes, bluster and anger, always a sign that somebody is doing well.

Your problem, Nighty, is that you don't actually appear to be able to construct logical sequences of argumentation. Hence, you cannot recognise them when they come from others. All you see is conclusions that you agree with, and conclusions that you disagree with; you mistake the former for 'logic' and the latter for 'everything else'. Which is why you're always unable to rise beyond the mere partisan level of debates.
User avatar
Private 1st Class King Doctor
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:18 am

Re: NAACP Cries Racist at the Tea Party

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:42 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:The matter they were debating originally stated that the entire Tea Party was a racist organization. They apparently toned that down to racist elements when voting, but no one will know for sure until it's published.


How do we know that's what it stated if they haven't published it yet? I haven't seen a single thing from the NAACP stating that they considered the entire Tea Party to be a racist organization. Can you point me to somewhere they have?


When a business matter is brought to the table, it has to be read as to what it says before debate can open on the matter. My guess is that the original language included the part quoted in the news article about the entire organization being racist, and after the external uproar over the language, it was amended to refer to only the elements. I doubt there will ever be a copy of the original resolution language unless the NAACP publishes it in their meeting's minutes (no clue if they normally do that or not).


Ok, let me be clear here...YOU are stating that it is a fact that the NAACP made the statement about the entire Tea Party organization. So far, I have seen no proof of this from you or anyone else. Did you have some?


yes but only a retard would disagree (especially one who visits bumpage) that the overall intent is indeed to paint the entire tea party as racist.

It's like, the oldest trick in the book, for reals.
User avatar
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 1746
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 86
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (2)

Re: NAACP Cries Racist at the Tea Party

Postby Woodruff on Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:08 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:The matter they were debating originally stated that the entire Tea Party was a racist organization. They apparently toned that down to racist elements when voting, but no one will know for sure until it's published.


How do we know that's what it stated if they haven't published it yet? I haven't seen a single thing from the NAACP stating that they considered the entire Tea Party to be a racist organization. Can you point me to somewhere they have?


When a business matter is brought to the table, it has to be read as to what it says before debate can open on the matter. My guess is that the original language included the part quoted in the news article about the entire organization being racist, and after the external uproar over the language, it was amended to refer to only the elements. I doubt there will ever be a copy of the original resolution language unless the NAACP publishes it in their meeting's minutes (no clue if they normally do that or not).


Ok, let me be clear here...YOU are stating that it is a fact that the NAACP made the statement about the entire Tea Party organization. So far, I have seen no proof of this from you or anyone else. Did you have some?


yes but only a retard would disagree (especially one who visits bumpage) that the overall intent is indeed to paint the entire tea party as racist.
It's like, the oldest trick in the book, for reals.


You mean that stating lies and then not supporting them with facts when you get called on it isn't the oldest trick in the book? Because it would seem to be older, and it would seem to be the one the other side is utilizing here (which you don't seem to mind, interestingly enough). Either the NAACP did as Night Strike and others have claimed or they did not. Prove which it is, or anyone wiht any sense (apparently, not your retards) must conclude that they did not.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4881
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: NAACP Cries Racist at the Tea Party

Postby Nobunaga on Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:12 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:The matter they were debating originally stated that the entire Tea Party was a racist organization. They apparently toned that down to racist elements when voting, but no one will know for sure until it's published.


How do we know that's what it stated if they haven't published it yet? I haven't seen a single thing from the NAACP stating that they considered the entire Tea Party to be a racist organization. Can you point me to somewhere they have?


When a business matter is brought to the table, it has to be read as to what it says before debate can open on the matter. My guess is that the original language included the part quoted in the news article about the entire organization being racist, and after the external uproar over the language, it was amended to refer to only the elements. I doubt there will ever be a copy of the original resolution language unless the NAACP publishes it in their meeting's minutes (no clue if they normally do that or not).


Ok, let me be clear here...YOU are stating that it is a fact that the NAACP made the statement about the entire Tea Party organization. So far, I have seen no proof of this from you or anyone else. Did you have some?


yes but only a retard would disagree (especially one who visits bumpage) that the overall intent is indeed to paint the entire tea party as racist.

It's like, the oldest trick in the book, for reals.


I absolutely agree. The NAACP has taken very public issue with the "racist elements" (as yet not at all clearly defined), painting the entire movement along with these so-called "elements". Sure, most folks who bother to pay attention will know better, but unfortunately most folks in the US are just too damned ignorant and too damned busy watching their reality TV.

Can the statement be clearly and inarguably connected with political motive? No. But one has to wonder why the tea parties were singled out if not in fact for very political reasons.

<EDIT> Perhaps publicly denouncing the racist elements within the NAACP is in order.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga
 
Posts: 1051
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:09 am
Location: West of Osaka
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
Map Contribution (1)

Re: NAACP Cries Racist at the Tea Party

Postby gatoraubrey2 on Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:45 pm

I can only post so often on intellectual dishonesty, guys. Some of us have to work :(

I'm not really clear, though, Doc, on why you think Night Strike's being dishonest by posting the sentence from the article that supports his point. I read the article, and it doesn't look as though any of it conflicts with the sentence that he chose. My understanding of the article was that the original statement from the NAACP accused the entire Tea Party of racism, but it was later amended to denounce only the racist elements, not the entire organization. I thought that was the point he was arguing. What did I miss?
Corporal 1st Class gatoraubrey2
 
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:08 pm

Re: NAACP Cries Racist at the Tea Party

Postby Woodruff on Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:35 am

gatoraubrey2 wrote:I can only post so often on intellectual dishonesty, guys. Some of us have to work :(

I'm not really clear, though, Doc, on why you think Night Strike's being dishonest by posting the sentence from the article that supports his point. I read the article, and it doesn't look as though any of it conflicts with the sentence that he chose. My understanding of the article was that the original statement from the NAACP accused the entire Tea Party of racism, but it was later amended to denounce only the racist elements, not the entire organization. I thought that was the point he was arguing. What did I miss?


The same thing we all have missed...the proof.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4881
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: NAACP Cries Racist at the Tea Party

Postby gatoraubrey2 on Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:51 am

Woodruff wrote:
gatoraubrey2 wrote:I can only post so often on intellectual dishonesty, guys. Some of us have to work :(

I'm not really clear, though, Doc, on why you think Night Strike's being dishonest by posting the sentence from the article that supports his point. I read the article, and it doesn't look as though any of it conflicts with the sentence that he chose. My understanding of the article was that the original statement from the NAACP accused the entire Tea Party of racism, but it was later amended to denounce only the racist elements, not the entire organization. I thought that was the point he was arguing. What did I miss?


The same thing we all have missed...the proof.


"Repudiate the racism of the Tea Parties" sounds like proof of his point that the initial statement condemned the entire movement. Do you disagree? Or are you saying that FOX has not provided proof that this was in the original statement?
Corporal 1st Class gatoraubrey2
 
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:08 pm

Re: NAACP Cries Racist at the Tea Party

Postby john9blue on Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:48 am

Nobunaga wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:How do we know that's what it stated if they haven't published it yet? I haven't seen a single thing from the NAACP stating that they considered the entire Tea Party to be a racist organization. Can you point me to somewhere they have?


When a business matter is brought to the table, it has to be read as to what it says before debate can open on the matter. My guess is that the original language included the part quoted in the news article about the entire organization being racist, and after the external uproar over the language, it was amended to refer to only the elements. I doubt there will ever be a copy of the original resolution language unless the NAACP publishes it in their meeting's minutes (no clue if they normally do that or not).


Ok, let me be clear here...YOU are stating that it is a fact that the NAACP made the statement about the entire Tea Party organization. So far, I have seen no proof of this from you or anyone else. Did you have some?


yes but only a retard would disagree (especially one who visits bumpage) that the overall intent is indeed to paint the entire tea party as racist.

It's like, the oldest trick in the book, for reals.


I absolutely agree. The NAACP has taken very public issue with the "racist elements" (as yet not at all clearly defined), painting the entire movement along with these so-called "elements". Sure, most folks who bother to pay attention will know better, but unfortunately most folks in the US are just too damned ignorant and too damned busy watching their reality TV.

Can the statement be clearly and inarguably connected with political motive? No. But one has to wonder why the tea parties were singled out if not in fact for very political reasons.

<EDIT> Perhaps publicly denouncing the racist elements within the NAACP is in order.


wtf where are the ellipses
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
User avatar
Captain john9blue
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: FlutterChi-town
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Re: NAACP Cries Racist at the Tea Party

Postby Woodruff on Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:22 am

gatoraubrey2 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
gatoraubrey2 wrote:I can only post so often on intellectual dishonesty, guys. Some of us have to work :(

I'm not really clear, though, Doc, on why you think Night Strike's being dishonest by posting the sentence from the article that supports his point. I read the article, and it doesn't look as though any of it conflicts with the sentence that he chose. My understanding of the article was that the original statement from the NAACP accused the entire Tea Party of racism, but it was later amended to denounce only the racist elements, not the entire organization. I thought that was the point he was arguing. What did I miss?


The same thing we all have missed...the proof.


"Repudiate the racism of the Tea Parties" sounds like proof of his point that the initial statement condemned the entire movement. Do you disagree? Or are you saying that FOX has not provided proof that this was in the original statement?


How do you believe that Fox has provided any sort of proof? They CLAIMED that's what the original statement said. Do you seriously equate that with proof?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4881
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: NAACP Cries Racist at the Tea Party

Postby Night Strike on Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:28 pm

Woodruff wrote:How do you believe that Fox has provided any sort of proof? They CLAIMED that's what the original statement said. Do you seriously equate that with proof?


I found two stories from the Kansas City Star, the largest print-media source in KC where the NAACP Convention was held. The first gives a quote of the language of the original resolution, while the second indicates the resolution was amended.

The resolution, scheduled for a vote as early as Tuesday by delegates attending the annual NAACP convention in Kansas City, calls upon “all people of good will to repudiate the racism of the Tea Parties, and to stand in opposition to its drive to push our country back to the pre-civil rights era.”

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/07/11/2076909/naacp-takes-critical-look-at-tea.html

Delegates said, however, that they wanted to make it clear the resolution wasn’t intended to indict the entire tea party movement as racist. The resolution was amended to include the word “some” tea party supporters.

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/07/13/2081369/naacp-resolution-denounces-racism.html
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
 
Posts: 8625
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:52 pm
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Re: NAACP Cries Racist at the Tea Party

Postby gatoraubrey2 on Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:07 pm

Woodruff wrote:How do you believe that Fox has provided any sort of proof? They CLAIMED that's what the original statement said. Do you seriously equate that with proof?


I was trying to figure out where your disagreement arose. I now know that it stems from the fact that you don't believe that FOX has proof that the original statement did contain those phrases.

I don't equate FOX news with absolute proof, no. I will try (when I'm not at work) to find further proof. However, with the NAACP website acknowledging that their statement was amended, but not providing the original text, it looks like it will be a struggle to find the initial statement. It seems as though they don't want to share it, at least.

Hopefully another news organization that you will find acceptable did a story on the original statement, before it was changed. We shall see...
Corporal 1st Class gatoraubrey2
 
Posts: 0
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:08 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kuthoer, Sackett58 and 2 guests

Login