Conquer Club

American Football vs. Real Football (rest of the world's)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Which do you like better?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:01 pm

Total votes : 0

Postby onbekende on Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:35 am

2 things bad about american football

1) they play with there hands
2) a not round ball

serious, and then a couple off padded whimps on a pitch to large to run over and a couple of girls wearing clotes for 5-year olds, shearing them on for doing nothing?

the flame war sections is even more amusing
Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF
Captain onbekende

Postby Cynthia on Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:48 pm

All that matters is that we're kicking butt in this poll!! :D :D
Corporal 1st Class Cynthia

Postby dcowboys055 on Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:00 pm

onbekende wrote:2 things about american football that aren't like soccer

1) they play with there hands
2) a not round ball

serious, and then a couple off padded whimps on a pitch to large to run over and a couple of girls wearing clotes for 5-year olds, shearing them on for doing nothing?

the flame war sections is even more amusing

fixed it for you
XI since August '06
Captain dcowboys055

Postby Phobia on Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:22 pm

Kid_A wrote:this poll should be called "Do you live in America? or The Rest of the world?" the results would be identical

youre point being?
Sergeant 1st Class Phobia

Postby jay_a2j on Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:51 pm

The point is soccer is more popular throughout the world, so of course its gonna win the poll.
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby Titanic on Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:14 pm

Buts theres a lot of Americans on this site, some of whom have voted for football.
Major Titanic

Postby Sammy gags on Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:38 pm

id say that soccer is more of a popular sport 2 play & football is more of a popular sport 2 watch
Lieutenant Sammy gags

Postby Noofa562 on Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:06 pm

There's only one football, and that's Aussie Rules.
There's no stopping and starting and none of this soft padding.
And footy players dont take a dive trying to get a free, they'd rather start a fight.
Private Noofa562

Postby RenegadePaddy on Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:16 pm

Aussie rules, gaelic football, rugby - all better than football, which is arse, but american throw-ball-have-a-rest-dont-hit-me-without-my-armour is one of the dullest things Ive ever watched. Period. stop start, stop start, for Gods sake GET ON WITH IT!
Wether you think you can, or think you can't - you're right

Won 3 : 5 Lost
Private 1st Class RenegadePaddy

Postby Fircoal on Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:22 pm

I don't like Soccer and I think it's boring. Though, I agree that it should keep it's original name. Everyone who likes it can watch it, and I won't.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Kayla on Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:34 pm

GO CHIEFS!
Major Kayla

Postby Mjolnirs on Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:07 am

I'm not going to take the time to read all 5 pages because I'm sure most of the posts are basic name calling. My question is this: Why can you not like both?

I do not like NASCAR or Baseball (MLB), but those of you that do are ok with me. If I like soccer why must I put down football, if I like football why must I put down soccer? If you don't care for American football then don't watch it. If you don't like the fact that it is called football, well you need to get a life. If you don't like soccer and think it stupid and boring, then don't watch.

I like both. I grew up playing football. I have watched college and pro football on TV all of my life. I love football.

There were no organized soccer teams in my town growing up. We kicked around an old volley ball as a soccer ball in the back yard when we weren't playing football. My high school did not have a soccer team. I started avidly watching soccer years ago and started playing soccer in a co-ed league when I was in my early 30s. I love soccer.

Get over it, I like both.
Sergeant 1st Class Mjolnirs

Postby Fircoal on Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:09 am

Mjolnirs wrote:I do not like NASCAR or Baseball (MLB), but those of you that do are ok with me. If I like soccer why must I put down football, if I like football why must I put down soccer? If you don't care for American football then don't watch it. If you don't like the fact that it is called football, well you need to get a life. If you don't like soccer and think it stupid and boring, then don't watch.

People should follow this example, but with your own opinions of what you like instead. If you don't like something don't hate someone just because they do.
Edit: And more importantly, what if you don't like either. I don't really like either of them that much.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby kcoenich on Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:08 am

Like I said before and in various forums... I like both sports, but there ain´t no competition between the sports, FUTBOL is more than a 1000 times better than american football...
nacho_kcoenich
Ich bin ein Gladiator of Sport!!
Cadet kcoenich

Postby pancakemix on Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:45 pm

If the Pittsburgh Steelers were a soccer team I would probably like soccer.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby NanoSpores on Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:27 pm

popularity is one thing. superiority is another.
Cadet NanoSpores

Postby NanoSpores on Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:54 pm

GO PATS!!!
Cadet NanoSpores

Postby Titanic on Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:02 am

popularity is one thing. superiority is another.

True, both of which football has over the rest of the world.
Major Titanic

Postby Incandenza on Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:07 am

I tend not to get involved in these sorts of discussions, but....

football > soccer (even without a football team in LA, and before you say anything about the bloody galaxy, David Beckham is coming here to be a movie star, not to play particularly good soccer)

HOWEVER

world cup > super bowl
or, if you prefer, world cup > football playoffs

No question. And I'm not even a big soccer fan. The world cup is like the olympics, except it doesn't mostly suck, and is guaranteed to have a few Holy Sh*t moments. The super bowl, well, it happens every year; some years you get a thrilling pats-panthers, some years you get the 'Hi, my name is Rex Grossman, and I never quite managed to figure out how to grab onto the ball during the hike' bowl.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby GreecePwns on Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:45 pm

Jamie wrote:1.The whole freakin planet knows on a worldwide level, Soccer is favored. I've already figured there are about 700 million people who are absolutely nuts about Soccer, and probably 140 million or so who are nuts about Football.That's not even close.

2.The point is that AMERICA HATES soccer.

3.The US team is getting better all the time. One day, when the US wins the World Cup, the US won't even notice, while the rest of the world will be shocked, and pissed that such an undeserving team should win one of sports greatest prizes, and I will laugh at you all.

4.A 0-0 tie, you gotta be kidding me, how retarded is that.

1. That is definitely true.

2. Not all of America hates soccer. I guess it's about 60% that hates it, 20% that don't care, and 20% that like it.

3. The US probably won't win one until about 2016. Also, if the US is getting better, people would care.

4. That only happens around 5-10% of the time.

In my opinion, they are both great and it would be the best if there was a world football cup like there is a world soccer (avoiding confusion) cup.

By the way, who thought of the name soccer? What a random word.
Last edited by GreecePwns on Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby Titanic on Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:41 am

The US dont have a chance in 2016. Firstly, theres not a WC in 2016, WC's are in even years that arnt multiples of 4 (ie, even non-Olympic years). The earliest USA could win imo is about 2026/2030, because even the people who are being born now are not going to be recieving the world class attention young football players in Europe are recieving, so in 20/24 years time, USA stand a bit of a chance, but I doubt they will. I really hope England get to host the 2018 WC.

0-0 ties can be exiting. Scoring is only one exitement, good play and exiting matches can happen w/o a goal. Unlike American football, there is actually something to be passionate about , which american football fans dont understand.
Major Titanic

Postby war_bloodline on Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:04 am

I love I love I love I love I love I love I love I love I love I love.....Real Football, that is all it should be called not this soccer crap. It was called football by the ones who formed it, and that is that way is should be.

By the way my favorite club is Newcastle United, yes the Toon Army, because that was the only match I ever went to when I was in England.

Real Football is 90 min. of the best sport in the world. It changes everything.

Like the motto for the FIFA world Cup last year, only for every league of football.

It closes the shops,
Closes the schools,
Closes a city,
Stops a war,
Fules a nation,
Breaks the borders,
Builds a hero,
Crushes a dream,
Answers a prayer,
And changes the world.
And to think it is only 90 min. per match.
That is the FIFA World Cup, where one game changes everything.
Cadet war_bloodline

Postby alex_white101 on Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:13 am

i didnt get to vote! 100% normal football, it is NOT called soccer, it is FOOTBALL
''Many a true word is spoken in jest''
Corporal 1st Class alex_white101

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:14 am

Only in America :wink:
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,