Conquer Club

Free Army of GOD !!!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Should AoG's term be reduced to 1 week?

Total votes : 0

Re: Free Army of GOD !!!

Postby Iliad on Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:02 am

I gotta agree with the sentiment that the modding on this site is awful. There were countless examples of mods overstepping their boundaries and going on power trips without consequence. Even worse the administration on this site, instead of admitting mistakes to the community and moving on is condescending towards it, refuses to acknowledge the problem and always justs waits for the uproar to die down and ignores the problems.

Strangely it had been getting a lot better, as mods took an actual hands off approach and let us post in freedom, and no-one complained and people were happy, with only the isolated incidents that needed mods to step in. That is also one of the problems of modding here, the mods opinions go against the communities, often well liked people who added to the discussion are banned by mods for very weak reasons. Also the escalating ban system on the site is very warped, especially because of the reasons mentioned above. Having to spend a few days not on CC, because of a mod going on a power trip without any consequences wouldn't be too bad, but because that ban means the next power trip will mean that much longer time spent banned from the forum. In the end it ends up in situations like these where a person is banned for a very weak reason, completely unnecessary : was the community against it? No, for a very long time.
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby ViperOverLord on Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:03 am

This may not apply to the newbie mods; but I've found that arguing an issue with CC mods/admin is like like arguing with an NBA ref. You'll never get the call reversed or get them to admit they are wrong, but you might get the benefit of the doubt on the next call lol.
High Score: #76 3053
Major ViperOverLord

Postby InkL0sed on Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:48 am

thegreekdog wrote:[sarcasm]My bans are always based on who I like or don't like. You piss me off in a political thread? Banned. You say the Eagles suck? Banned. You make fun of my avatar? Banned. On the other hand, if you acknowledge my superiority, worship my avatar, and lustily boo the Cowboys? You will never be banned.[/sarcasm]

Well shit, never mind. I'm thoroughly convinced.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby nagerous on Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:05 am

thegreekdog wrote:[sarcasm]My bans are always based on who I like or don't like. You piss me off in a political thread? Banned. You say the Eagles suck? Banned. You make fun of my avatar? Banned. On the other hand, if you acknowledge my superiority, worship my avatar, and lustily boo the Cowboys? You will never be banned.[/sarcasm]

I've had a rough night and I hate the fucking eagles man.

Captain nagerous

Postby theherkman on Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:22 am

We will see how this is dealt with. I am curious to know who banned AOG. Anyone know?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=131099
MOD ABUSE LINKS
rdsrds2120
Andy/KingA

Click that picture and you will go apeshit...
Private theherkman

Postby angola on Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:28 am

InsomniaRed wrote:Though reducing his ban to one week would go hand in hand with his one week chat ban, doesn't absence make the heart grow fonder or some such muck?

Let's just be happy we'll have him back in a month :roll:

Can't wait! :?

Jesus.

I leave for three days and come back to read this drivel.

Good to see that mods that issue bans are also joking about other bans. That always sends the right message! I love that! Makes me want to post and contribute.

Dicksnorts.
Highest rank: 48th. Highest score: 3,384. Feb. 9, 2014.
Captain angola

Postby Fircoal on Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:37 am

theherkman wrote:We will see how this is dealt with. I am curious to know who banned AOG. Anyone know?

I am too curious. However I doubt that they'll say.
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:21 am

Fircoal wrote:
theherkman wrote:We will see how this is dealt with. I am curious to know who banned AOG. Anyone know?

I am too curious. However I doubt that they'll say.

I heard it was someone with a micro penis :-s
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:34 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:
As for the idea that 'mods are unfair' and we're all 'out to get individuals' (yes, that means you reader!) - I doubt that is true for most of us. I for one don't look at the username and say, "Well, guess who's going to get banned today! Maybe I can have another use make a false report about him/her and see where it goes!"

Nope, but there are certainly users here who annoy me. Can you admit you would be more likely to ban such a user?

rdsrds2120 wrote:No. Remember that we have HISTORY of users too, and are fairly lenient (you'd be surprised). If someone is consistently trouble-making, then common sense tells us that yes - they WILL get in trouble easier than someone who has only been a one-time offender and may just need a slap on the wrist or whatnot for them to be right back on track and possibly never make a forum mistake again.

This to me sounds fairly condescending. Oh, you'll help the poor little misguided kid get back on track, how nice of you. THANK YOU SIR.

Also what is "trouble-making", is that equivalent with "he annoys me"? How does posting "inb4 lock" cause trouble? Does it put undue stress on the website? Does it harm the valued mods by taking 0.5 seconds of their time needed to read that comment?

rdsrds2120 wrote:I took the time to read all the arguments in this thread, and I agree with some of them. I have seen my fair share of uneven modship just as much as the next guy, albeit it CC or another site, but no system is perfect. I respect the CCommunity as a whole, and find it to be one of the largest, most dynamic community forums in the interwebs. If you don't like it, remember that no one is making you stay. If you have a problem with a mod, politely dropping a PM would be a much better way to let us know what's wrong then running around the forums naked with your hair on fire screaming "THEY'RE DEMONS, THEY'RE DEMONS!" and hoping we see the show. I'm always up for ideas on how to be better.

Ah yes, if you don't like it leave. Always love that argument. It's out way or the highway, cause we've got the power and we like things just the way they are. That's basically what you're saying yes?

rdsrds2120 wrote:If my first days seem a bit rough, my apologies - I'm learning. It will be sorted soon, and as I said - I like to know my faults to be able to correct them, and receiving a PM I would find much more respectful than other means (as I'm sure other mods too). So relax - take a load off and try to enjoy the Community and forums for what they are and realize we're all at work here. We're not paid - we're doing this for the sole intent of trying to make the community a better place. Remember that.

Who decides what makes the community better? Why, the mods of course. So, translating that statement, you're doing this for the sole intent of trying to make the community the way you'd want it to be, yes?
If the mods don't decide what makes the community better, perhaps you should put a poll up on wether AoG added or detracted from the community before banning him for general spamming/trolling

rdsrds2120 wrote:theherkman, do you not understand what I meant by 'not trolling'?
I hope the rest of you don't echo this - be good forum people. I know you can (:

Play nicely children, or I'm gonna have to punish you again. Yep you've got the right attitude, your going to make it as a mod for sure.

Also, i really shouldn't be bothering with this. I lost all hope in the moderation/administration of this site after i saw how they handled the removal of Flame Wars. However i get annoyed when mods come in here and try to act all righteous. You're not fooling anybody guys, so let's get back to business as usual, namely you ban who annoys you, we make a ruckus you ignore us completely till it dies down, rinse and repeat.
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby aage on Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:32 am

The mods on this site have need of some sort of education, absolutely right.
AoG should be unbanned, well that's just factual information, no agreeing with it or anything...

The mistake you moderators make is so obvious I'm surprised you're not seeing it. It's just a simple matter of accepting the facts.
- as long as you're a mod you'll be banning users. Or you're a douche mod, in which case probably no-one will regard you unless you decide to start publicly discussing rule offends.
- as long as you keep banning users for whatever offence there will be people that don't like you
- as long as there are people who don't like you, there will be complaints about your functioning as a mod
So, if you can't stand complaints against you, simply don't become a mod. Resign. Like, now.

Also, the mods shouldn't take the position they currently take... If they truly are moderators that believe they are the emissaries of the People (i.e. the users), they should be standing with them against the system (which is easily blamed and mostly lacks response), not defend it with their name and status and whatnot and threatening to close threads if the simple people aren't nice to them...

In short, grow up.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby clapper011 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:51 am

Trolling the forums is when a poster has the intentions of provoking other users into a desired emotional response intentionally disrupting normal on-topic discussion. They get pleasure from being annoying/obnoxious or just plain offensive. so with that said. I am going to lock this thread for the time being and let you guys ALL cool off.. community and mods alike! I am sorry but AOG knows what he always does... he gets away with far more then he should most times...does this mean hes "hated" by the mods? um..big NO.. I love him..hes funny at times.(he knows I do not hate him!)..but sometimes goes too far. no one is ever innocent and when the punishment is handed out they cry wolf. oh and any new threads will be merged into this one.

clappy
Corporal 1st Class clapper011

Re: FREE ARMY OF GOD (The sequel)

Postby clapper011 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:56 am

merging this with the other one.
Corporal 1st Class clapper011

lol, "trolling"

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:43 pm

Continuing from the locked forum about AoG

clap-tastic wrote:Trolling the forums is when a poster has the intentions of provoking other users into a desired emotional response intentionally disrupting normal on-topic discussion. They get pleasure from being annoying/obnoxious or just plain offensive. so with that said. I am going to lock this thread for the time being and let you guys ALL cool off.. community and mods alike! I am sorry but AOG knows what he always does... he gets away with far more then he should most times...does this mean hes "hated" by the mods? um..big NO.. I love him..hes funny at times.(he knows I do not hate him!)..but sometimes goes too far. no one is ever innocent and when the punishment is handed out they cry wolf. oh and any new threads will be merged into this one.

In other words, if you make a funny and intend for the reader to experience this desired emotional response like laughing, then you're trolling. Unless of course you're joke is mild, unoffensive, and can not be conceived as annoying/obnoxious, so I think the Billy Cosby style is a non-trolling activity---UNLESS OF COURSE it's not done repeatedly, so KEEP THE GOOFY FACES TO A MINIMUM OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR SPAM.

That trolling definition is justsilly, clapper. So why was AoG banned? What really caused it? Because the evidence I've seen so far is rather weak.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby strike wolf on Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:08 pm

Merged into thread pending further review.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,