Conquer Club

What is your favorite band ?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: More good stuff

Postby reverend_kyle on Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:37 am

luns101 wrote:I also enjoy Blue Oyster Cult....I NEED MORE COW BELL!

me too.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby MR. Nate on Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:54 am

While it's hard to deny needing more cowbell . . .

White Stripes

Anyone who spews out "You sent me to Toledo" with such venom has to be recognized.
Corporal MR. Nate

Postby Nobunaga on Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:19 am

... Queen, David Bowie and Pink Floyd.
Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Postby unriggable on Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:45 am

Oh. And Ween.
Cook unriggable

Postby lVlaniac on Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

I like System Of A Down, Muse and Korn
I Could Eat A Bowl Of Alphabet Soup And Crap Out A Better Conversation Than Yours.

Private 1st Class lVlaniac

Postby static_ice on Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:09 pm

lVlaniac wrote:I like System Of A Down, Muse and Korn

I love you

Korn I'm not so sure but SOAD and Muse ftw!
R.I.P. Chef
Sergeant static_ice

Postby lVlaniac on Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:11 pm

you need to listen their song they are great Korn, Muse and SOAD
I Could Eat A Bowl Of Alphabet Soup And Crap Out A Better Conversation Than Yours.

Postby Warrior987 on Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:12 pm

Perhaps BloodHound Gang..
An awkward morning beats a boring night

Lord Protector of Spamalot
Cadet Warrior987

Postby static_ice on Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:13 pm

lVlaniac wrote:you need to listen their song they are great Korn, Muse and SOAD

I always thought Muse was very quiet its strange to find someone who likes Muse along with 2 very hard bands but still all three are very good
R.I.P. Chef
Sergeant static_ice

Postby Colossus on Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:25 pm

MR. Nate wrote:While it's hard to deny needing more cowbell . . .

White Stripes

Anyone who spews out "You sent me to Toledo" with such venom has to be recognized.

^right on.

As for me, chili peppers, the smashing pumkins, alice in chains, soundgarden, audioslave. Pumpkins are #1 in my book, tho.
Lieutenant Colossus

Postby Serbia on Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

Colossus wrote:
MR. Nate wrote:While it's hard to deny needing more cowbell . . .

White Stripes

^right on.

As for me, chili peppers, the smashing pumkins, alice in chains, soundgarden, audioslave. Pumpkins are #1 in my book, tho.

Finally some people are liking good music!
Captain Serbia

Postby lVlaniac on Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:32 pm

what you describe as good music depends on what you like is not very smart to say that what i like is the best and the rest suck beacose its not true

Postby Serbia on Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:38 pm

lVlaniac wrote:what you describe as good music depends on what you like is not very smart to say that what i like is the best and the rest suck beacose its not true

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind.

However, I happen to be right, and you need to realize this. :P
Captain Serbia

Postby Warrior987 on Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:39 pm

Look up BloodHound Gang on google video

Cadet Warrior987

Postby static_ice on Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:40 pm

You need to realize that because you like alternative softie stuff doesn't mean everyone should...
R.I.P. Chef
Sergeant static_ice

Postby Warrior987 on Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:40 pm

I like b/c it funny

Cadet Warrior987

Postby static_ice on Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:45 pm

ya I like Limp Bizkit for funniness

and System of a Down is very funny if you listen
R.I.P. Chef
Sergeant static_ice

Postby Colossus on Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:54 pm

static_ice wrote:You need to realize that because you like alternative softie stuff doesn't mean everyone should...

yah, I dig Rage and SOAD, too, but they're not as favorite as some of the 'softie' stuff I mentioned. I like music that has lyrics indicative of excellent songwriters. I think a lot of the lyrics to Rage and SOAD are solid, but often not as.... poetic?... as a lot of other bands. The pretty much say what they mean, which is cool, but lacks subtlety.
Lieutenant Colossus

Postby Shaninon on Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:03 pm

I've been in love with Shiny Toy Guns recently ^.^ /

Most of you have probably heard their single Le Disko, if you even remotely liked it, you should check out When They Came for Us, and Walls of Grass - beautiful music! *runs off to listen*
Corporal Shaninon

Postby static_ice on Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:14 pm

Colossus wrote:
static_ice wrote:You need to realize that because you like alternative softie stuff doesn't mean everyone should...

yah, I dig Rage and SOAD, too, but they're not as favorite as some of the 'softie' stuff I mentioned. I like music that has lyrics indicative of excellent songwriters. I think a lot of the lyrics to Rage and SOAD are solid, but often not as.... poetic?... as a lot of other bands. The pretty much say what they mean, which is cool, but lacks subtlety.

actually if you listen to some of the newer SOAD lyrics they are very poetic, hell the lead singer has 1 or 2 poem books out...

and SOAD listeners get the enjoyment of poetry but the credit to say that they are not gay because they listen to heavy metal :P
R.I.P. Chef
Sergeant static_ice

Postby Colossus on Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:29 pm

static_ice wrote:actually if you listen to some of the newer SOAD lyrics they are very poetic, hell the lead singer has 1 or 2 poem books out...

and SOAD listeners get the enjoyment of poetry but the credit to say that they are not gay because they listen to heavy metal :P

I admittedly haven't listened to much of their newest stuff. What do you recommend? Also, I refuse to limit my musical tastes (or any other tastes) according to others' perception of my sexual orientation.
Lieutenant Colossus

Postby static_ice on Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:45 pm

Colossus wrote:
static_ice wrote:actually if you listen to some of the newer SOAD lyrics they are very poetic, hell the lead singer has 1 or 2 poem books out...

I admittedly haven't listened to much of their newest stuff. What do you recommend? Also, I refuse to limit my musical tastes (or any other tastes) according to others' perception of my sexual orientation.

I recommend Mesmerize and Hypnotize

if you're talking about songs, then...uhh... Dreaming, Holy Mountains, Question!, Tentative, Soldier Side, to name some good ones you can find a lot of those on Youtube...

and I know what you're talking about with the refusal of caring to sound straight or gay I listen to some girly things like We Are Scientists or She Wants Revenge but I try to advertise that I mainly like heavy metal and when I'm in public I want my earphones to be blasing Heavy Metal not indie rock...
R.I.P. Chef
Sergeant static_ice

Postby Colossus on Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:56 pm

static_ice wrote:and I know what you're talking about with the refusal of caring to sound straight or gay I listen to some girly things like We Are Scientists or She Wants Revenge but I try to advertise that I mainly like heavy metal and when I'm in public I want my earphones to be blasing Heavy Metal not indie rock...

Okay, I will admit that I skip certain songs on my ipod from time to time when I'm on the subway....though I maintain that I do it so as to seem unpansyish so I don't get mugged.... 8-[
Lieutenant Colossus

Postby static_ice on Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:58 pm

Colossus wrote:
static_ice wrote:and I know what you're talking about with the refusal of caring to sound straight or gay I listen to some girly things like We Are Scientists or She Wants Revenge but I try to advertise that I mainly like heavy metal and when I'm in public I want my earphones to be blasing Heavy Metal not indie rock...

Okay, I will admit that I skip certain songs on my ipod from time to time when I'm on the subway....though I maintain that I do it so as to seem unpansyish so I don't get mugged.... 8-[

if I'm playing a "gay" song I just lower the volume and increase it again when its a tough song...some System songs I wouldn't be comfortable to show random ppl on the street... :lol:
R.I.P. Chef
Sergeant static_ice

Postby Shaninon on Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:33 pm

Okay, ignoring the disheartening subject of your sexual insecurities...

I don't want to insult anyone's musical taste, as people are certainly entitled to their own opinion in such things. I don't understand, though, how System of a Down's lyrics can be considered poetic. They've written, recorded and published songs that seem to completely ignore the rules of the English language. I had a very, very hard time understanding how a line such as "the most loneliest day of my life" could have gotten past the editorial process. Was it parody? There has to be something I'm overlooking.
Corporal Shaninon

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,