tv series recommendation

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

tv series recommendation

Postby nietzsche on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:43 pm

i love watching sitcoms or tv series complete in a few weeks, but i don't always know which ones are the good ones, which would you recommend me to watch? I've already seen the sopranos, arrested development, that's 70s show, a lot of scrubs, lost first 3 seasons, some seasons of 24.. like 5 seasons of family guy, south park..

Major nietzsche

Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: tv series recommendation

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:46 pm

The best tv series I've seen was the Universe series on the History Channel. If anything, at least watch the finale to season 1 "Beyond the Big Bang". It's the most captivating thing I've ever seen on the tele.
penis
Cook Army of GOD

Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:47 pm

Then again, I blow my load to astrophyiscs, so there's a chance you might not like it. If you want comedy, definitely Chappelle's show.
penis
Cook Army of GOD

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)

Postby nietzsche on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:48 pm

why are you interested in astrology aog? dont you know the starts dont revolve around the earth?

Major nietzsche

Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:49 pm

nietzsche wrote:why are you interested in astrology aog? dont you know the starts dont revolve around the earth?

I've always wanted to study blackholes. I don't know why. They're weird as f*ck.
penis
Cook Army of GOD

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:50 pm

Oh f*ck. The first season of the Universe is on Netflix. Looks like I know what I'm masturbating too later tonight.
penis
Cook Army of GOD

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:54 pm

Hyperspace with Sam Neill

Gold Rush: Alaska - When the going gets tough the tough seek new frontiers. Six recession hit patriots from Oregon become greenhorn gold miners.
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 90
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (12)

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:56 pm

Spartacus Blood and Sand. Can't go wrong with a premium channel show.

New season of Archer too.
Captain safariguy5

Medals: 69
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:02 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Spartacus Blood and Sand.

This. Just be prepared, the action is great but the "blood" effects are Kill Bill style.

Walking Dead and Breaking Bad are good too.
penis
Cook Army of GOD

Postby GabonX on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:04 pm

nietzsche wrote:i love watching sitcoms or tv series complete in a few weeks, but i don't always know which ones are the good ones, which would you recommend me to watch? I've already seen the sopranos, arrested development, that's 70s show, a lot of scrubs, lost first 3 seasons, some seasons of 24.. like 5 seasons of family guy, south park..

Peep Show
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Rome
Spazz Arcane wrote:If birds could swim and fish could fly I would awaken in the morning to the sturgeons cry. If fish could fly and birds could swim, I'd still use worms to fish for them.
Timminz wrote:Public displays of stuipidity amuse me greatly.
Lieutenant GabonX

Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:07 pm

Oh, and this one is awesome too! Boardwalk Empire Warning though, it is chalk full of leftist propaganda.

Best of Arnold Rothstein

Jimmy's Revenge
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (12)

Postby ljex on Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:24 pm

How I Met Your Mother
Modern Family
Captain ljex

Medals: 115
Conqueror Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (22) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (18) General Contribution (3)

Postby greenoaks on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:19 pm

some older ones you may be able to grab cheap are Weeds and The Shield. right now i'm watching Angels in America
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Postby strike wolf on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:32 pm

Some very good ones already suggested another couple that haven't that I think are pretty good though not so much comedies:

Dexter
Boardwalk Empire.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.
Cadet strike wolf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (6)

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:39 pm

1. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    2. Jericho (X)
    3. Walking Dead
    4. Whale Wars
    5. V

End of Line
Sergeant 1st Class saxitoxin

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:47 pm

strike wolf wrote: Dexter

That and Lie To Me are both cool series.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator

Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Postby The Bison King on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:31 am

See if you can find a show called "Party Down" then tell me where you found it. I watched the first 6 episodes. FUCKING HILARIOUS! but I can't find anything after that point.

Basic premise is that it follows a catering company in LA. All the employees deal with a bunch of bull shit from LA's elite while trying to promote their own "careers" (like be comedians, writers, or actors or whatever) The main character being the former star of a chain of beer commercials.

Hi, my name is the Bison King, and I am COMPLETELY aware of DaFont!
Sergeant The Bison King

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (4)
General Contribution (3)

Postby HapSmo19 on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:35 am

Portlandia is kinda funny.
Lieutenant HapSmo19

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Woodruff on Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:48 am

nietzsche wrote:i love watching sitcoms or tv series complete in a few weeks, but i don't always know which ones are the good ones, which would you recommend me to watch? I've already seen the sopranos, arrested development, that's 70s show, a lot of scrubs, lost first 3 seasons, some seasons of 24.. like 5 seasons of family guy, south park..

Monk - I HIGHLY recommend this show.
Also, Freaks and Geeks.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby sunshining on Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:01 am

All the series of stargate
Corporal 1st Class sunshining

Medals: 56
Most Improved Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:10 am

Anyone watching The Cape?
And remember what the poet said – “in booty there is loot, and in loot booty.” Or sump’n like that.
Sergeant jonesthecurl

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby jay_a2j on Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:54 am

THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1)

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:59 am

The Wire - highly recommended
Band of Brothers - highly recommended
Rome
Deadwood
Dexter
House
How I met your mother
Carnivale
Oz
John Adams
Generation Kill

Shit, I've watched a lot of these things ...
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (4)

Postby Ace Rimmer on Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:06 am

Doctor Who (the new series)
Torchwood
Misfits (amazingly funny)
Friends
Battlestar Galactica
Firefly

I second:
Monk
Captain Ace Rimmer

Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (9) Map Contribution (1)
Tournament Contribution (7) General Contribution (4)

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:06 am

Haggis_McMutton wrote:The Wire - highly recommended
Band of Brothers - highly recommended
Rome
Deadwood
Dexter
House
How I met your mother
Carnivale
Oz
John Adams
Generation Kill

Shit, I've watched a lot of these things ...

Ooh Ooh John Adams yes yes yes yes it's 4 stars.
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Next

Return to Babble-On Five