Conquer Club

tv series recommendation

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: tv series recommendation

Postby patsfan12 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:24 pm

justified new season starts this Wednesday watch it!!! on FX
Lieutenant patsfan12

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:55 pm

Aradhus wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
gradybridges wrote:People who rip on Buffy have never seen it. It's one of the best written tv series ever and light years ahead of the Twilight crap.

I rip on Buffy, and I've witness over 4 seasons (hours-wise) of complete crap.

It's just a difference in tastes and preferences.

Why would you watch over 4 seasons of something you thought was complete crap?

Because my ex-girlfriend just loved loved loved Buffy, and since I'm an open-minded guy, I gave it a reasonable shot.

I'll admit that the show is somewhat more entertaining than most TV shows, but overall in my opinion it's crap because TV shows leave much to be desired.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby safariguy5 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:32 pm

gradybridges wrote:People who rip on Buffy have never seen it. It's one of the best written tv series ever and light years ahead of the Twilight crap.

Most things are light years ahead of Twilight.
Captain safariguy5

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:24 pm

Even though a few in here think it's crap, Twilight is still extremely successful.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby tdans on Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:25 pm

Psych!!!!!!!! and Better of Ted :) both hilarious shows..
Lieutenant tdans

Postby gradybridges on Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:26 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Even though a few in here think it's crap, Twilight is still extremely successful.

Which has nothing to do with quality.

Please tell me you like Twilight.
Lieutenant gradybridges

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:40 pm

gradybridges wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:Even though a few in here think it's crap, Twilight is still extremely successful.

Sure it does. If people didn't perceive it to be of high quality, then they wouldn't bother watching it.

gradybridges wrote:Please tell me you like Twilight.

Major BigBallinStalin

Postby jimboston on Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:11 pm

Dave
Private 1st Class jimboston

Postby Woodruff on Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:50 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
gradybridges wrote:

Sure it does. If people didn't perceive it to be of high quality, then they wouldn't bother watching it.

McDonald's - making high quality food since...whenever it was they started.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:43 am

Woodruff wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
gradybridges wrote:

Ah, but quality rests in the eye of the beholder, does it not, Woodruff?
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Woodruff on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:43 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
gradybridges wrote:

The perception of quality may, I suppose...but that's as far as I'd go with that. My point above being, of course, that McDonald's is clearly very successful and I'm quite certain not very many people actually consider it to be "quality food". It's cheap, it's convenient, it's easy. That's why it is successful.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby ljex on Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:37 am

Woodruff wrote:The perception of quality may, I suppose...but that's as far as I'd go with that. My point above being, of course, that McDonald's is clearly very successful and I'm quite certain not very many people actually consider it to be "quality food". It's cheap, it's convenient, it's easy. That's why it is successful.

quality is not strictly limited to being good food, something can derive quality from other aspects like price, convenience, and ease of use which is the case for McDonald's and most other fast food chains.
Major ljex

Postby Woodruff on Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:42 am

ljex wrote:
Woodruff wrote:The perception of quality may, I suppose...but that's as far as I'd go with that. My point above being, of course, that McDonald's is clearly very successful and I'm quite certain not very many people actually consider it to be "quality food". It's cheap, it's convenient, it's easy. That's why it is successful.

quality is not strictly limited to being good food, something can derive quality from other aspects like price, convenience, and ease of use which is the case for McDonald's and most other fast food chains.

No, that would be "good value", not "good quality". There is a significant difference.

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:00 am

Woodruff wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
gradybridges wrote:[quote="

The perception of quality may, I suppose...but that's as far as I'd go with that. My point above being, of course, that McDonald's is clearly very successful and I'm quite certain not very many people actually consider it to be "quality food". It's cheap, it's convenient, it's easy. That's why it is successful.

That's all I'm getting at. It's based upon subjectivity
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:03 am

Woodruff wrote:
ljex wrote:

No, that would be "good value", not "good quality". There is a significant difference.

Value = quality/price
Satisfaction = Actual - Expected

McDonald's exceeds in providing customer satisfaction and in creating great value (as perceived by its target market). It's also successful for many other factors that go into sustaining a successful business, but to put it simply McDonald's systems and processes are extremely effective and inefficient, and they're goal-orientated with the company aligned with such vision.

tl;dr: McDonald's: an amazing business, but shitty food.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:26 am

I love McDonald's food. Then again, I'm an 8 year old stuck in a 10 year old's body
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Genghis Khant on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:56 am

Anyway, back on topic;

Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe is a great series all about television. There are 5 (maybe 6) series and a few specials, including one on American TV, as well as spin-off shows Gameswipe and Newswipe. The programmes are a mixture of reviews, exposƩs, parody and bile.

Series one starts here.

Newswipe starts here.

Gameswipe (a one-off) starts here.
Corporal 1st Class Genghis Khant

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:40 pm

The last episode of the new Spartacus season comes out in 2 days. I completely forgot about the whole season until I heard a friend mention it, and I've watched the last 3 episodes in less than 12 hours. This season is a prequel to the first one (because the main character got cancer in real life, so they couldn't make new episodes) so it makes a lot of sense if you watch the first season, but it's so ridiculously good.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby tkr4lf on Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:37 pm

It's only successful because a bunch of teeny girls want to believe in love and that shirtless, muscled-up, extremely pale vampires who don't attack humans will come to their rescue one day. Any person who has ever seen a REAL vampire movie will be disgusted by the CRAP that is presented in the Twilight movies. f*ck THAT MORMON BITCH! IF I EVER FIND HER I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL PUNCH HER RIGHT IN THE OVARY! Vampires do not love humans! They suck their motherfucking blood god dammit!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Edit: Anyway, Weeds season 5 or 6 (whichever is the latest season) came out yesterday. I would highly recommend that show for anyone who hasn't seen it. Tho you must, I repeat MUST, start with season 1 and work your way up from there. It's a badass show, especially if you've ever smoked weed, or known people who have, or like weed, or anything to do with weed, then watch this show. NOW GOD DAMMIT!
Major tkr4lf

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:29 pm

tkr4lf wrote:

It's only successful because a bunch of teeny girls want to believe in love and that shirtless, muscled-up, extremely pale vampires who don't attack humans will come to their rescue one day. Any person who has ever seen a REAL vampire movie will be disgusted by the CRAP that is presented in the Twilight movies. f*ck THAT MORMON BITCH! IF I EVER FIND HER I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL PUNCH HER RIGHT IN THE OVARY! Vampires do not love humans! They suck their motherfucking blood god dammit!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Edit: Anyway, Weeds season 5 or 6 (whichever is the latest season) came out yesterday. I would highly recommend that show for anyone who hasn't seen it. Tho you must, I repeat MUST, start with season 1 and work your way up from there. It's a badass show, especially if you've ever smoked weed, or known people who have, or like weed, or anything to do with weed, then watch this show. NOW GOD DAMMIT!

Beware: Weeds, while totally awesome (I have seen every season) it's a complete Left job on many levels. I am astonished just how low they have fallen, while all the horrible decisions they have made in the past just keeps blowing up in their faces....but yeah more Kevin Nealon please.

I miss the characters from the early seasons
Major Phatscotty

Postby tkr4lf on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:38 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
tkr4lf wrote:

Beware: Weeds, while totally awesome (I have seen every season) it's a complete Left job on many levels. I am astonished just how low they have fallen, while all the horrible decisions they have made in the past just keeps blowing up in their faces....but yeah more Kevin Nealon please.

I miss the characters from the early seasons

I agree. Helya and Conrad were awesome. I'm not really all that pleased with the direction they took with the later seasons, I think they should have stayed in Agrestic, but it's still a damn funny show.

They do have a lot of leftist rhetoric and such, but it's still worth it, for the comedy and the cool characters created. All alliteration aside, Nancy Botwin is a total MILF. Another great reason to watch it.
Major tkr4lf

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:47 pm

yeah, but that P is torn up.

i'm watching season 1 right now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzst1J6SrO8
Major Phatscotty

Postby tkr4lf on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:49 pm

Well, she has taken it from like what, 10 or 15 or so different dudes since the show started? I guess the drug dealing business turns you into a whore.
Major tkr4lf

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:42 pm

Who has seen trailers for the new AMC series Hell on Wheels? It's on after the Walking Dead this week and by God it looks amazing.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:02 pm

I actually really like Top Shot. Season 3 just ended, and all three seasons are pretty good. Much better than that Survivor crap.
Captain safariguy5

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,