Conquer Club

tv series recommendation

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: tv series recommendation

Postby Lootifer on Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:50 pm

Family Guy is funny if you like shock factor humour (shock jocks, too soon jokes etc).

Like AoG says, McFarlene is either having a shocking year or so, or hes running dry on material. At the end of the day, the number of taboos FG can cross is finite so its no surprise they have a limited shelf life.

Having said that there's still one or two gems to be found in each episode.

Anyone watched boardwalk empire seriously? Thought about watching it for the single fact i love Steve Buchemi; but dont know much about it other than that.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:58 pm

Timminz wrote:I don't know if Family Guy sucked after it's return from cancellation, or if my tastes just changed while it was off air.

Regardless, I can't watch it any more. It's absolutely terrible.

Agreed. I might burst forth a 3 second laugh every 3 episodes. The rest of the time it's just:

'

Same with Futurama and all that other stuff kids watch these days. <shakes walking cane angrily>
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:59 pm

Futurama can have its moments, but have you seen Archer BBS? I'm hoping it's gonna take the torch from South Park/Family Guy and be good for a while.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:02 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Futurama can have its moments, but have you seen Archer BBS? I'm hoping it's gonna take the torch from South Park/Family Guy and be good for a while.

I haven't, but... for me, TV shows tend to be a waste of time. I've been losing interest in childish shows. Sometimes, they have their funny moments, but the thrill is gone, baby. The thrill has gone away.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:06 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:Futurama can have its moments, but have you seen Archer BBS? I'm hoping it's gonna take the torch from South Park/Family Guy and be good for a while.

I haven't, but... for me, TV shows tend to be a waste of time. I've been losing interest in childish shows. Sometimes, they have their funny moments, but the thrill is gone, baby. The thrill has gone away.

Alright radiojake-hipster-doesn't watch television because you're too cool for it.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:10 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

Alright radiojake-hipster-doesn't watch television because you're too cool for it.

Television is for the weak.

Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Lootifer on Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:10 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

Television is for the uncool.
^fxt
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:12 pm

I remember in a thread about commercials or something not too long ago a bunch of hipsters, radiojake being the lead hipster, would go in the thread and be like "you still watch tv?".

How quaint.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby MeDeFe on Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:19 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:

Try My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby PLAYER57832 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:53 am

Big Bank theory is sometimes decent.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Symmetry on Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:59 am

PLAYER57832 wrote:Big Bank theory is sometimes decent.

Was that a Freudian slip, or are my irony detectors off again?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:05 am

Another show I randomly watch is Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Timminz on Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:43 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Another show I randomly watch is Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

--Andy

I've been watching a bunch of that lately.

So funny!
Captain Timminz

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:16 pm

The only sitcom I could ever watch is Trailer Park Boys. Big Bang Theory is just stupid (well, I mean the jokes are stupid [f*ck, you get what I mean]) with such obvious punch lines and god damn f*ck shows with laughtracks.

Always Sunny is meh...sometimes it can be funny, but a lot of times it's just a lot of bad jokes.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby neanderpaul14 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:19 pm

Check out Once Upon a Time that's shaping up to be a decent show. Also The walking Dead is a great show, and very gory.
High score: 2724
/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:23 pm

neanderpaul14 wrote: Also The walking Dead is a great show, and very gory.

I'm surprised they show as much as they do for a cable show. The end of last episode was ridiculous. Cannot wait for Sunday night.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby neanderpaul14 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:26 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
neanderpaul14 wrote: Also The walking Dead is a great show, and very gory.

I'm surprised they show as much as they do for a cable show. The end of last episode was ridiculous. Cannot wait for Sunday night.

Yeah the amount of gore they show amazes me as well, it's practically R-rating amounts, okay PG-13 at least.
Cook neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:19 pm

MeDeFe wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

Try My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Oh, MeDeFe! How I yearn to see your sweet, sweet words again! For these words caress the foundation of my soul! Gods be damned.

When egos are bruised, why is the call for love so blatantly cast aside? Why do we forsake ourselves that which we should hold most dear?
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:18 pm

Army of GOD wrote:The only sitcom I could ever watch is Trailer Park Boys. Big Bang Theory is just stupid (well, I mean the jokes are stupid [f*ck, you get what I mean]) with such obvious punch lines and god damn f*ck shows with laughtracks.

Always Sunny is meh...sometimes it can be funny, but a lot of times it's just a lot of bad jokes.

I can't really watch any show with a laugh-track or studio audience, it just takes the fun out of it.

I have enjoyed from time to time Curb Your Enthusiasim as well.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:49 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:The only sitcom I could ever watch is Trailer Park Boys. Big Bang Theory is just stupid (well, I mean the jokes are stupid [f*ck, you get what I mean]) with such obvious punch lines and god damn f*ck shows with laughtracks.

I can't really watch any show with a laugh-track or studio audience, it just takes the fun out of it.

I have enjoyed from time to time Curb Your Enthusiasim as well.

--Andy

I view It's Always Sunny in Philly as Seinfeld on steroids. And all the main characters have almost no morals whatsoever.

I've a couple episodes that didn't make much sense, but most of the episodes are really funny.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:52 pm

Oh God, my friend recommended Blue Mountain State (on Netflix) to me and it's absolutely hilarious. Very Trailer Park Boys-esque...a lot of immature humor and stupid jokes.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby gradybridges on Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:13 pm

Don't know how anyone can watch The Big Bang Theory when Community is on.
Lieutenant gradybridges

Postby Aradhus on Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:35 pm

Bazinga?!

neanderpaul14 wrote:Check out Once Upon a Time that's shaping up to be a decent show. Also The walking Dead is a great show, and very gory.

I could do without some of the gore. I really don't need to see repeated shots of someones head getting whacked into oblivion.
Major Aradhus

Postby ljex on Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:42 pm

gradybridges wrote:Don't know how anyone can watch The Big Bang Theory when Community is on.

there are these things called DVR's
Major ljex

Postby neanderpaul14 on Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:16 pm

Grimm seems pretty decent, however I really don't wanna get into watching a series like that on NBC after they cancelled The Event leaving all it's fans with a dangling cliff-hanger.
Cook neanderpaul14

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,