US Military Action in Libya?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: US Military Action in Libya?

Postby Aradhus on Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:28 am

Team America to the rescue!

Hi, we're America, and there's no job we can't f*ck up. Need help because you're living under a brutal dictator? Don't worry, we'll invade and you won't have to worry about living any more. Team America, you request our help, and we'll be there, to bomb the shit out of your country. Having some problems with drug gangs? Don't worry, team America is here. We'll take that problem and multiply it tenfold, because we're just that awesome.

Team America, no problem too small that we can't make bigger, no job too easy that we can't utterly fail at.

We're team America, and we're in your corner(picking your pocket and fisting your wife, whilst singing 'With A Little Help From My Friends'), as long as there's something worthwhile in your corner for us to take.
Major Aradhus

Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:01 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
oVo wrote:
What I have heard reported; the USA is considering the
establishment of a "No Fly Zone" over Libya to prevent
Khadafi from using his air force to drop bombs on
civilian demonstrators.

Except, enforcing a no fly zone does mean bombing their anti-aircraft installations, etc. So, yes, it is a kind of invasion. Not the same as Kosovo, no. However, some people talking about this don't seem to realize what it truly means (not saying you don't, but wanted to clarify).

It does? How do you know that for certain?
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:00 pm

Iliad wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:I am hearing Libyan civilians requesting US military aid...

If you're hearing voices that is a problem.

Which civilians? Who? Or according to whom? Any sources at all?

Well, today we sent medical supplies (America sucks) and food (America sucks). I can't find any sources, guess it's just a rumor for now.

I will keep you posted on what I "hear"
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 94
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Postby Aradhus on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:44 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Iliad wrote:

If you're hearing voices that is a problem.

Which civilians? Who? Or according to whom? Any sources at all?

Well, today we sent medical supplies (America is so benevolent) and food ( all bow down to the grace and generosity and be thankful that America is always there to save the day). I can't find any sources, guess it's just autofellatio for now.

I will keep you posted on what I "hear"

Some sarcasm had somehow crept into your post scotty. Luckily for you, I'm always on hand to fix shit that needs a-fixin'.
Major Aradhus

Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:51 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
oVo wrote:
What I have heard reported; the USA is considering the
establishment of a "No Fly Zone" over Libya to prevent
Khadafi from using his air force to drop bombs on
civilian demonstrators.

Except, enforcing a no fly zone does mean bombing their anti-aircraft installations, etc. So, yes, it is a kind of invasion. Not the same as Kosovo, no. However, some people talking about this don't seem to realize what it truly means (not saying you don't, but wanted to clarify).

Saxi agreeing with Player?! :o Say it ain't so! :P ACK! LOL!

It seems popular to imagine No-Fly Zones as some kind of pacifist application of military force, ignoring the personnel manning ground-based SAM batteries that get hit with Anti-Radiation missiles within five minutes of the No-Fly Zone starting.

Well, today we sent medical supplies (America sucks) and food (America sucks). I can't find any sources, guess it's just a rumor for now.

I had to Bing-Dot-Com what you were referencing (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/babylon ... tinue.html). This, cautiously, seems okay but I'm skeptical that it's a beachhead to sending supplies to the eastern part of the country under the guise of helping refugees but, in fact, feeding and clothing the insurgents.

I saw that, last week, the UK and Germany both sent military-marked aircraft deep inside Libya, ostensibly to evacuate foreign nationals. This was done without any permission or authorization from the PLAF, is a horrendous violation of Libyan territorial integrity and speaks to Britain's neo-colonialist, paternalist attitude in dealing with the Arab world. Germany's operation is an even worse violation than Britain's considering their history in Libya.
Sergeant saxitoxin

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:02 pm

Brit Invasion Force Stopped
A recce squad for a UK empire-building force brigandishly eyeballing Libyan oil resources has been arrested in rebel-held Libyan territory where they were operating without authorization. The Libyan National Council are holding the NATO invaders in their stronghold of Benghazi. MoD press officers have released the cover story that the SAS operators were simply chauffers to a diplomat who was visiting the area to say hi. On several occasions in the past the UK has attempted to sow crime without the aid - or in opposition to the wishes - of the kingpin of the NATO gang (the US) which has generally resulted in comically bumbling hijinx (e.g. Suez).

http://af.reuters.com/article/libyaNews ... 0520110306

The SAS have extensively trained Col. Qadaffi's secret service which is likely to viewed skeptically by insurgents.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... roops.html

Sergeant saxitoxin

Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3)

Postby Qwert on Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:26 am

he-he-he yesteday great "frends",today enemies. Its better to have enemies, instead these "frends" .
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:07 pm

LOL! It appears the vaunted SAS were captured by some guy out milking his cows ...

"We fired into the air, and said 'Hands up, don't move'. They did as we said. It was not very difficult, we just asked them to move away from their bags to the side, and they did," said a Libyan farmer who captured the SAS.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/seealso/2011 ... libya.html
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby Qwert on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:21 pm

lol, they not training to fight with farmers, only with soldiers.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (6)
Training Achievement (2) Map Contribution (8) Tournament Contribution (22) General Contribution (4)

Postby Phatscotty on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:31 pm

qwert wrote:lol, they not training to fight with farmers, only with soldiers.

:lol:
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Postby Pirlo on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:15 pm

this is absolutely WRONG

here are some key dates...

on 14th of February, the revolution started with peaceful protests... Gadafi immediately started oppressing protesters...

on 15th and 16th, protesters were attacked with airplanes..

meanwhile, USA, EU, NATO, UN...etc were just discussing a dumb solution..

on 21st or 22nd of February, OIL extraction & transportation stopped. immediately the above mentioned bullshit (aka governments & organizations) panicked and took the situation seriously...

if anyone is telling us that USA fights for freedom of people, then he/she must be completely liar or ignorant..... if Libya has no oil, no one will even care...

and in Libya, no one wants the USA mess in his country.... Libyan people will keep fighting until they get rid of that insane dictator, then their country will be reborn...

please tell Uncle Sam, UN, NATO....etc Andrea Pirlo says f*ck you...

- Andrea the Charmer :geek:
Major Pirlo

Medals: 125
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (26)

Postby Qwert on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:51 pm

now i read that quadafy army, again not manage to take back misurata town against unarmed civilians, They use tanks, mortars, airplane,and again can not take town(who have 500000 citizens). Its so funny,when they write that quadafy bombard and attack unarmed civilian, and yet,hes army can not defeat unarmed protesters. But these kind of propaganda have effect,and people start to belive. These scenarion are many time whas very sucess, to get support for attack or invasion to other countries.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:56 pm

qwert wrote:now i read that quadafy army, again not manage to take back misurata town against unarmed civilians, They use tanks, mortars, airplane,and again can not take town(who have 500000 citizens). Its so funny,when they write that quadafy bombard and attack unarmed civilian, and yet,hes army can not defeat unarmed protesters. But these kind of propaganda have effect,and people start to belive. These scenarion are many time whas very sucess, to get support for attack or invasion to other countries.

true true

RT had an excellent report today about how the media - Al-Jazeera included - are broadcasting total lies about the unrest, including staging demonstrations for cameras.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FGrrGTr ... r_embedded
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby Pirlo on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:09 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
qwert wrote:now i read that quadafy army, again not manage to take back misurata town against unarmed civilians, They use tanks, mortars, airplane,and again can not take town(who have 500000 citizens). Its so funny,when they write that quadafy bombard and attack unarmed civilian, and yet,hes army can not defeat unarmed protesters. But these kind of propaganda have effect,and people start to belive. These scenarion are many time whas very sucess, to get support for attack or invasion to other countries.

true true

RT had an excellent report today about how the media - Al-Jazeera included - are broadcasting total lies about the unrest, including staging demonstrations for cameras.

Gadafi is no longer fighting for regaining control over cities.. he's now fighting to survive as long as possible after too many military leaders defected...

go search for the massacres he committed then talk... get a clue..... however, they still don't want any foreign asshole to stick his nose into their country business

- Andrea the Charmer
Major Pirlo

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (16)
General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (26)

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:25 pm

Pirlo wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:

true true

Gadafi is no longer fighting for regaining control over cities.. he's now fighting to survive as long as possible after too many military leaders defected...

go search for the massacres he committed then talk... get a clue..... however, they still don't want any foreign asshole to stick his nose into their country business

- Andrea the Charmer

Don't worry about it. The Libyan government will crush them pretty efficiently provided the west doesn't intervene.

The so-called insurgency is a handful of Berber street gangs run by the US-based "Libyan Youth Movement" and their 70 year-old, CIA-backed leader Ibrahim Sahad (http://www.libyanfsl.com/tabid/70/mid/4 ... fault.aspx). If the west does intervene it means the insurgency is on the verge of defeat.
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby HapSmo19 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:53 pm

saxitoxin wrote:LOL! It appears the vaunted SAS were captured by some guy out milking his cows ...

"We fired into the air, and said 'Hands up, don't move'. They did as we said. It was not very difficult, we just asked them to move away from their bags to the side, and they did," said a Libyan farmer who captured the SAS.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/seealso/2011 ... libya.html

Nobody is actually buying that story are they?

Sounds like a hardware handoff to me.
Lieutenant HapSmo19

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Pirlo on Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:56 am

saxitoxin wrote:
Pirlo wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:

true true

- Andrea the Charmer

Don't worry about it. The Libyan government will crush them pretty efficiently provided the west doesn't intervene.

The so-called insurgency is a handful of Berber street gangs run by the US-based "Libyan Youth Movement" and their 70 year-old, CIA-backed leader Ibrahim Sahad (http://www.libyanfsl.com/tabid/70/mid/4 ... fault.aspx). If the west does intervene it means the insurgency is on the verge of defeat.

I don't know what is the point of that link in your post... but I know one thing... Libyan people prefer to be crushed rather than having USA or any foreigners messing up their country...

again, if you think that USA helps people and make them freedom, then you are completely ignorant... your government has been supporting the dictators for ages.. they only care about OIL...

remember, Saddam committed his crimes in 1980s, and got away with them because he was USA ally at that time... once he stopped listening to white house, your media turned him to crap (though I'm not denying he was crap, I'm just showing you the real reason of war against Iraq)...

Major Pirlo

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:36 am

Pirlo wrote:I don't know what is the point of that link in your post... but I know one thing... Libyan people prefer to be crushed rather than having USA or any foreigners messing up their country...

If they get rid of Al-Ghattafi they are playing into American hands. The so-called insurgency is being orchestrated out of Washington, D.C. by their agent, Ibrahim Sahad, to increase accessibility of Libyan petroleum.

Pirlo wrote:again, if you think that USA helps people and make them freedom

I think the vast canon of my posts is indicative to the contrary. :)

*tickle tickle*

*Saxi tickles Andrea* :P
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:02 am

Rebellion Spreads to UK - A mob of hundreds of "pro-constitution" Britons have seized and detained a judge for punishing someone for tax refusal. Police have begun violently ejecting protesters from the court in chaotic scenes. Marchers say they are exercising their "ancient right to lawful Rebellion."

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/88939 ... st/?ref=mr

Should Germany deploy troops in Britain to protect the insurgents?
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby Pirlo on Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:24 am

saxitoxin wrote:
Pirlo wrote:I don't know what is the point of that link in your post... but I know one thing... Libyan people prefer to be crushed rather than having USA or any foreigners messing up their country...

If they get rid of Al-Ghattafi they are playing into American hands. The so-called insurgency is being orchestrated out of Washington, D.C. by their agent, Ibrahim Sahad, to increase accessibility of Libyan petroleum.

Pirlo wrote:again, if you think that USA helps people and make them freedom

I think the vast canon of my posts is indicative to the contrary. :)

*tickle tickle*

*Saxi tickles Andrea* :P

but you are talking about twats (aka leaders) of the middle east countries as if they are not already following or playing into hands of uncle sam.

USA government has been always involved in all shits happened to people in middle east... in other words, USA supports leaders of oil countries to share that wealth with them.. ;)

Major Pirlo

Postby Qwert on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:26 am

""If they get rid of Al-Ghattafi they are playing into American hands""
Who its that?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:05 pm

Pirlo wrote:
but you are talking about twats (aka leaders) of the middle east countries as if they are not already following or playing into hands of uncle sam.

USA government has been always involved in all shits happened to people in middle east... in other words, USA supports leaders of oil countries to share that wealth with them.. ;)

Andy, if you weren't such a charmer you'd make me lose my hair! :P

I think Al-Ghataffi said it best in his 2008 speech to the Arab League. "Nothing is joining us together except this hall." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGwHOWUPKuo)

If Libyans get rid of one of the few independent minded leaders in the Arab world it will be to their shame. I'm confident the Libyan people can stop this US-staged coup attempt.
Last edited by saxitoxin on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant saxitoxin

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:10 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
Pirlo wrote:

I think Al-Ghataffi said it best in his 2008 speech to the Arab League. "Nothing is joining us together except this hall." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGwHOWUPKuo)

If Libyans get rid of one of the few independent minded leaders in the Arab world it will be to their shame. I'm confident the Libyan people can stop this foreign-backed, staged rebellion.

:twisted:
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Pirlo on Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:01 am

saxitoxin wrote:
Pirlo wrote:

If Libyans get rid of one of the few independent minded leaders in the Arab world it will be to their shame. I'm confident the Libyan people can stop this US-staged coup attempt.

what!!! are you crazy????????????????

this man is insane.... he's been wasting the wealth of Libya making stupid projects in Europe... only 13% of Libya lands are explored... there are billions of oil reserves underground.. Libyan are only 5 millions... their education and life standard are crap.. they have finally woken up.... not to mention his retarded GREEN BOOK..... are you telling me that Libyans should just follow that crazy guy????

USA is surprised to see those people getting up, an trust me, if the spark of revolutions didn't start in Tunisia 2 months ago, nothing could happen in Egypt & Libya... it's spreading everywhere around now.... why would USA get rid of their amazing dog (Mubarakola)...

USA would like to help oppressing these revolutions, but it can't... it has a bad experience when uncle sam tried to do this in Iran and failed.. now the result is having Iran as the biggest haters (so you know why Iranians have the right to hate your government).... moreover, USA is getting weaker as things are getting out of control with China rising in the east.. now USA government is trying to pretend the supporter of middle east people in order to have good relations with new leaders who will award oil extraction contracts..

and now you gotta remember Mr. saxi, after few years, the American media machine will start pointing to Chinese as the terrorists ;)

Major Pirlo

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:25 pm

I think the USA is for staying quiet in countries that are anti-Israel, and speaking out against countries that are for peace with Israel.

Black Skies in Libya. All that environment you saved....sorry
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

PreviousNext

Return to Babble-On Five