Conquer Club

US Military Action in Libya?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: US Military Action in Libya?

Postby GreecePwns on Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:01 am

Despite ABC reporting in November that Gadhafi somehow could be giving terrorists weapons to be used on the US, Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Magrib is claiming to have, in fact, looted Gadhafi's arsenals, taking mustard gas and mines. The ABC article even says the following:

"I myself could have removed several hundred [missiles] if I wanted to, and people can literally drive up with pickup trucks or even 18 wheelers and take away whatever they want," said Bouckaert, HRW's emergencies director. "Every time I arrive at one of these weapons facilities, the first thing we notice going missing is the surface-to-air missiles."

The stuff is making its way into surrounding countries and the entire region has fallen into disarray, Mali being a prime example. I'm sure they got hold of the same stockpiles AQIM did.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:46 am

qwert wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:There are over 40 votes for "no" in this poll.

We should do a poll on whether the US should act in Iran and see if we get a similar response.

I think that US goverment realy dont care what US people think.

Sure they do. In fact it was reported on several networks that J lo has a new boyfriend, Whitney Houston died from a cocaine, Mike Wallace from 60 min recently passed and Tiger Woods cursed out loud after a lousy golf showing showing. Game of Thrones had a great episode and the Walking Dead is going to Rock.

Our US Government surely does care what we think.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:15 am

GreecePwns wrote:Despite ABC reporting in November that Gadhafi somehow could be giving terrorists weapons to be used on the US, Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Magrib is claiming to have, in fact, looted Gadhafi's arsenals, taking mustard gas and mines. The ABC article even says the following:

"I myself could have removed several hundred [missiles] if I wanted to, and people can literally drive up with pickup trucks or even 18 wheelers and take away whatever they want," said Bouckaert, HRW's emergencies director. "Every time I arrive at one of these weapons facilities, the first thing we notice going missing is the surface-to-air missiles."

The stuff is making its way into surrounding countries and the entire region has fallen into disarray, Mali being a prime example. I'm sure they got hold of the same stockpiles AQIM did.

Hey, another unintended consequence. Hopefully, these guys are swell dudes who aren't seeking to terrorize anyone! If that's true, then bombing countries into freedom is the right thing to do!

The other day, I was talking to this guy who was involved in counter-terrorism for the US government. I asked him about all these weapons and training advisers which we sent into Libya. "What's going? Do they know who is actually receiving these weapons?" You know what he told me? He said, "we have no idea."

Isn't that comforting? That's good stuff! Totally responsible. There's no way this US intervention will lead to other problems!
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby saxitoxin on Sun May 06, 2012 2:23 pm

With the loss of Sarkozy to Hollande, 4 of the 5 NATO regimes that have faced elections and/or confidence votes since the start of "Operation Unified Protector" have fallen: Denmark, France, Spain, Romania. Only Turkey has survived.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Calidrmr on Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:30 pm

poll results as of 6/7/12 10:30PM CST:

<Juan_Bottom>You're like the Barry Bonds of drinking. You don't need the practice you just do it because you like it.
Sergeant Calidrmr

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:34 pm

Calidrmr wrote:poll results as of 6/7/12 10:30PM CST:

thanks Cali ♥! Just getting the results from the last poll in the archives and changing it to Syria!

Major Phatscotty

Re: US Military Action in Syria?

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:05 pm

The winner of the 2008 Nobel Peace Prize last week ordered a giant flag of a country he hates to be constructed and then had it bombed, shot at, burned and blown up. Experts believe the stunt by the Nobel Peace Prize winner may help hurtle the peninsula to a war that will kill millions.

Live-fire drills by the allies are fairly routine, but using the North’s national flag as part of target practice is unusual — and will be seen as a provocation by Pyongyang, which has previously threatened war for what it called South Korean insults to the country’s national symbols and leadership.

Still, an immediate North Korean military retaliation is unlikely. The rockets didn’t hit the flag, which an analyst said might lead to a less angry North Korean response. But even a direct attack on the flag would probably only result in escalated North Korean threats because Pyongyang’s struggling economy prevents it from staging any attack that could cause a war, said Koh Yu-hwan, a North Korea professor at Seoul’s Dongguk University.

Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize for:

"a change in global mood brought by the recipient's [Obama] calls for peace and cooperation"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asi ... story.html
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:25 pm

They (intentionally) missed the flag, sax.

And, how do you know that the president directly pushed for this flag-bombing idea?

How much control does the president actually have over joint military exercises?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:30 pm

saxitoxin wrote:The winner of the 2008 Nobel Peace Prize last week ordered a giant flag of a country he hates to be constructed and then had it bombed, shot at, burned and blown up. Experts believe the stunt by the Nobel Peace Prize winner may help hurtle the peninsula to a war that will kill millions.

Live-fire drills by the allies are fairly routine, but using the North’s national flag as part of target practice is unusual — and will be seen as a provocation by Pyongyang, which has previously threatened war for what it called South Korean insults to the country’s national symbols and leadership.

Still, an immediate North Korean military retaliation is unlikely. The rockets didn’t hit the flag, which an analyst said might lead to a less angry North Korean response. But even a direct attack on the flag would probably only result in escalated North Korean threats because Pyongyang’s struggling economy prevents it from staging any attack that could cause a war, said Koh Yu-hwan, a North Korea professor at Seoul’s Dongguk University.

"a change in global mood brought by the recipient's [Obama] calls for peace and cooperation"

Once one of these Mid-East adventures goes far enough to provoke Russian or Chinese intervention, we will be on our way to nuclear winter, which will result in Peace On Earth and Purity Of Essence.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:10 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:The winner of the 2008 Nobel Peace Prize last week ordered a giant flag of a country he hates to be constructed and then had it bombed, shot at, burned and blown up. Experts believe the stunt by the Nobel Peace Prize winner may help hurtle the peninsula to a war that will kill millions.

Once one of these Mid-East adventures goes far enough to provoke Russian or Chinese intervention, we will be on our way to nuclear winter, which will result in Peace On Earth and Purity Of Essence.

Corporal saxitoxin

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:15 pm

Damnit, sax. I want answers!
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:47 pm

FINE, BEEBS, HERE ARE YOUR STINKIN' ANSWERS:

BigBallinStalin wrote:And, how do you know that the president directly pushed for this flag-bombing idea?

How much control does the president actually have over joint military exercises?

If Obama doesn't actually have control over the military, people have much bigger issues to worry about. And maybe that's the case ...

Anonymous Commenter: "Was there a method for an independent actor of sufficient authority within SAC to assure that subordinate units ignored a National Command Authority launch order?"
Tim Hebert (ex-Missile Crew Commander): "As far as command authorities stopping a wartime launch, there were protocols in place that dealt with that."
Anonymous Commenter: "Can you elaborate?"
Tim Hebert (ex-Missile Crew Commander): "Hope you don't mind if I leave it at that."

http://timhebert.blogspot.com/2010/11/d ... es-at.html
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:38 pm

Damnit, Tim Herbet. I WANT ANSWERS!
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:45 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Damnit, Tim Herbet. I WANT ANSWERS!

You're not gonna get them because Tim Hebert is Snakes McGraw's code-name. And, guess what? THIS.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:18 pm

Time to roll on these marks!

Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:29 am

[img]image[/img]
Last edited by Phatscotty on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Phatscotty

Postby karel on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:58 pm

let syria deal with there own problems,we should do nothing at all,but if a republican wins the white house i can see us going to war,since republicans love to fight wars that we have no reason to be doing,and also why should we help them,do we help countries in africa?no we dont,we just need to stay the f*ck out of the middle east
Corporal karel

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:12 pm

karel wrote:let syria deal with there own problems,we should do nothing at all,but if a republican wins the white house i can see us going to war,since republicans love to fight wars that we have no reason to be doing,and also why should we help them,do we help countries in africa?no we dont,we just need to stay the f*ck out of the middle east

Right. Like that time when Obama bombed Libya to pieces. Those damn Republicans! It's always them who drag us into wars and create instability!

[Cue saxitoxin.]
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:33 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:[Cue saxitoxin.]

Corporal saxitoxin

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:38 pm

Well said.

Now, the next question: should the US supply the rebels within Syria so that they may overthrow the dictator and... create a democracy in Syria?
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:15 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:Well said.

Now, the next question: should the US supply the rebels within Syria so that they may overthrow the dictator and... create a democracy in Syria?

No, but we will....One way or another
Major Phatscotty

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:00 pm

See ya' later, alligator.

MISRATA, Libya (AP) — One of the young Libyan rebels credited with capturing Moammar Gadhafi in a drainage ditch nearly a year ago died Tuesday of injuries after being kidnapped, beaten and slashed by Gaddafi's supporters.

Read more: http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Deat ... z27Ws4FidW
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:35 pm

The Free Syrian Army is constructing training camps within 15 miles of the Syrian border with Turkey.

May they train well!, to defeat the oppressive forces of the Assad Regime regime. His cruel dictatorship doesn't even deserve a capital letter, and the English language recoils with every spelling of "Assad."

I motion to ban the use of any capital letter for any word that describes assad's regime. Look! his name even got better: ass-ad.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby GreecePwns on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:40 pm

Assad will be as sad as an unexpectant dad when the Free Syrian Army hangs him like a chad.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:46 pm

It's kind of scary though. Perhaps, the rebellion is a modern version of the US revolutionary war... Perhaps.

Anyway, the "Free Syrian Army" is a loosely knit alliance of various factions who have one thing in common: they hate Assad and his way of governance. But, the aftermath could get nastier. I want to think it may look like Libya, but given the few stories I've been reading by Libya, it seems that Libya's loose alliance of militias is generally better than the Qaddafi times. (Again, who knows where that'll end up).

We're experiencing from the way, way back seats, the births of several nation-states, which is not in all cases desirable...

What do y'all think about the Egypt/Syria/Libya experience?
Last edited by BigBallinStalin on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major BigBallinStalin

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,