Wait, so you guys feel sympathy for EVERYONE?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Wait, so you guys feel sympathy for EVERYONE?

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:06 pm

Baron Von PWN wrote:Actually there is no evidence god has done anything. There is however plenty of evidence for evolution.

lol.. as has been brought up in many threads, god can neither be proven nor disproven scientifically, empirically.

However, as you note, evolution can be and is. Not every last detail of the lines of descent, not exactly how it has happened throughout time, but that it happens, yes.
Sergeant PLAYER57832

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Postby jay_a2j on Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:19 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:
Haggis_McMutton wrote:That's just it. I think this may just be a cultural thing. We paint it as "normal" to care about those people on a personal level, and therefore due to peer pressure and such we try to convince ourselves that we care, that we aren't "monsters".
Player57832 wrote:Caring for others is one of the traits evolved to Jay change it to: GOD has ensured human survival, that distinguishes us from animals. (some animals absolutely do show compassion, but not to the extent we do)

Labeling others as "not worthy", in contrast, is the kind of thinking that allows/causes wars and such ulimately heneous acts as the holocaust, pol pot, apartheid, etc.

Now, of course I know you said you do care, just not as much. However, this capacity to care is a far from just a "social more".

Fixed. ;)

God is FULLY capable of using evolution. And all evidence shows he has.

He is capable, but didn't. Scripture shows He didn't.
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

Politics: Not the oldest profession, but the results are still the same!***http://jaya2j.mybrute.com
Captain jay_a2j

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:25 pm

jay_a2j wrote:He is capable, but didn't. Scripture shows He didn't.

No, it does not. If scripture did, then the facts would not be as they are. God does not lie.
.. but I am more than happy to continue this in another thread more fully, if you wish.

Actually, I will go further. Show me the passages that show evolution did not happen.
Sergeant PLAYER57832

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (1)

Postby Night Strike on Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:30 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:

No, it does not. If scripture did, then the facts would not be as they are. God does not lie.
.. but I am more than happy to continue this in another thread more fully, if you wish.

Actually, I will go further. Show me the passages that show evolution did not happen.

The whole "God spoke" and 7 days thing is just slightly in conflict with that. As well as the passages about there being no death until humans sinned.
Lieutenant Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:43 pm

Haggis_McMutton wrote:On a serious note, you're saying that if I provide a one line obituary now about a man that died in a car crash in Dubai, you will experience an actual emotion while reading that?

Yes. It's not like it's a HUGE emotional reaction, but it is a subtle sadness. Dying seems like it sucks, period.
CURRENCY CONVERSION: 1 SaxBucks = .02 AoGRubles

To redeem AoGRubles, write on AoG's wall with order.
Menu:
-1 nietzsche dickpic: 1 AoGRuble
-1 AoG dickpic: 100 AoGRubles
-1 "AoG is awesome!" t-shirt: 500 AoGRubles
Cook Army of GOD

Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby caymanmew on Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:59 pm

jay_a2j wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:
Haggis_McMutton wrote:That's just it. I think this may just be a cultural thing. We paint it as "normal" to care about those people on a personal level, and therefore due to peer pressure and such we try to convince ourselves that we care, that we aren't "monsters".
Player57832 wrote:Caring for others is one of the traits evolved to Jay change it to: GOD has ensured human survival, that distinguishes us from animals. (some animals absolutely do show compassion, but not to the extent we do)

Labeling others as "not worthy", in contrast, is the kind of thinking that allows/causes wars and such ulimately heneous acts as the holocaust, pol pot, apartheid, etc.

Now, of course I know you said you do care, just not as much. However, this capacity to care is a far from just a "social more".

Fixed. ;)

your imaginary friend is not capable of anything...no matter how many times your write down on paper saying he is
high score 3185
Major caymanmew

Medals: 71
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (2) Training Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (17)

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:04 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
Haggis_McMutton wrote:On a serious note, you're saying that if I provide a one line obituary now about a man that died in a car crash in Dubai, you will experience an actual emotion while reading that?

Yes. It's not like it's a HUGE emotional reaction, but it is a subtle sadness. Dying seems like it sucks, period.

Except if you're a plant, right?

Bigot.
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (4)

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:12 pm

Haggis_McMutton wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:

Bigot.

I EAT plants, what does that make me ???? :shock: :P
Sergeant PLAYER57832

Training Achievement (1)

Postby Woodruff on Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:07 pm

jay_a2j wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:

Fixed. ;)

Scripture doesn't show anything at all, actually. Well, it shows that if God exists, he's a very mean, merciless entity, but that's about it.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby Woodruff on Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:08 pm

Night Strike wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:

The whole "God spoke" and 7 days thing is just slightly in conflict with that. As well as the passages about there being no death until humans sinned.

No it isn't. The 7 days thing does not at all relate to evolution not happening...only an idiot literalist (oh, I've been redundant there) would believe that.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby jay_a2j on Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:15 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:

It's a combination of what scripture says and DOESN'T say.

It says, man was created "from the dust of the Earth".

It does not say, man was created "through the beasts of the field".

It says, "Let the Earth bring forth the living creature each according to its kind."

It does not say, "Let the Earth bring forth the living creature by way of other living creatures."
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

Politics: Not the oldest profession, but the results are still the same!***http://jaya2j.mybrute.com
Captain jay_a2j

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:21 pm

Haggis_McMutton wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:

Bigot.

You know how sad it is watching an animal die? With their cute little faces being all sad and whatnot? Plants can't be cute so I don't feel any sympathy.

The only plant I had an emotional tie to was my roommate from last year's cactus, Spike. I loved him like a brother.

Menu:
Cook Army of GOD

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:05 pm

Damnit how did this turn into a good thread about the extent of our monkey sphere to another fucking existence of God thread? Motherfuckers, I've been trolled again!!

-TG
ImageEight-year olds, Dude.
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby Night Strike on Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:39 pm

Woodruff wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:

Fixed. ;)

Scripture doesn't show anything at all, actually. Well, it shows that if God exists, he's a very mean, merciless entity, but that's about it.

You and I must not read the same Bible.
Lieutenant Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:42 pm

Yes, because killing the first born child for every family in an Egyptian city (even those who are completely innocent) is the definition of compassionate.

Menu:
Cook Army of GOD

PreviousNext

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?