Atlas Shrugged 3 - CO-STARRING RON PAUL!!!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Community Team, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Atlas Shrugged II

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:02 pm





"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2291
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 91
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Atlas Shrugged II

Postby Iliad on Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:39 am

john9blue wrote:i hope dave and sultan have a contest to see who can chug a gallon of bleach faster

But libertarians are famous for their compassion and great social ability, it's such a shame john's defying that stereotype.


It's also really amusing that Atlas Shrugged has been bitchslapped by the invisible hand of the free market.
User avatar
Private 1st Class Iliad
 
Posts: 10439
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:48 am
Medals: 1
Standard Achievement (1)

Re: Atlas Shrugged II

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:02 am

Iliad wrote:
john9blue wrote:i hope dave and sultan have a contest to see who can chug a gallon of bleach faster

But libertarians are famous for their compassion and great social ability, it's such a shame john's defying that stereotype.


It's also really amusing that Atlas Shrugged has been bitchslapped by the invisible hand of the free market.


DOUBLE ZINGER!
Image
User avatar
Sergeant thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: Atlas Shrugged II

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:20 am

When people watch and then rate Atlas Shrugged on imdb.com, are they rating the film itself or are they rating the ideas expressed within the film--or even worse, are they expressing a kneejerk reaction to ideas which they have misconstrued?


Since Atlas Shrugged and Objectivism are such contentious issues, with which many people address emotionally, then I would guess most reviewers (in the explicit and implicit sense) fall in the later two categories.
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 4521
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: Atlas Shrugged II

Postby john9blue on Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:10 am

Iliad wrote:But libertarians are famous for their compassion and great social ability, it's such a shame john's defying that stereotype.


It's also really amusing that Atlas Shrugged has been bitchslapped by the invisible hand of the free market.


i'm only compassionate to people who deserve it...

also, are you talking about the movie or the book? i could make a shitty adaptation of the (extremely successful) book and get bitchslapped by the free market. so what?
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
User avatar
Captain john9blue
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: FlutterChi-town
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Re: Atlas is Shrugging

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:06 pm

thegreekdog wrote:I will be purchasing Beezelbub's Tales to his Grandson immediately! Thanks AoG!



Let me know how far into it you get.
Sheesh. I tried. Honest I did.
And remember what the poet said – “in booty there is loot, and in loot booty.” Or sump’n like that.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class jonesthecurl
 
Posts: 780
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:42 am
Location: disused action figure warehouse
Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Atlas Shrugged II

Postby xeno on Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:38 pm

we read all this shit in high school. and it was just that, shit
Image
User avatar
Cadet xeno
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Colbert Nation
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Atlas Shrugged II

Postby Symmetry on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:51 pm

xeno wrote:we read all this shit in high school. and it was just that, shit


You had to read it at school? Ouch.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: Atlas Shrugged II

Postby john9blue on Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:56 am

i read the fountainhead in high school.

the class was a literature class. our teacher had a giant list of books that we could read and be tested on for points. i think i was the only person in class who read it, despite the fact that the teacher had 10 copies or so which any student could borrow. i read it because i had read anthem earlier in the year and enjoyed it.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
User avatar
Captain john9blue
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: FlutterChi-town
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Re: Hank Meets the Wet Nurse, Shrugs...

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:17 pm

The Wet Nurse embodies the collectivist world in which he was trained. Although he has a degree in metallurgy, he has no practical skills. He merely repeats things he has been told and uses words cleverly so as not to say anything clearly. He is taken aback by Rearden’s insistence on calling things exactly what they are. His job is to determine Rearden’s output so that it is in compliance with the laws. But without the laws, there would be no need for his job in the first place. Rand, a strong proponent of unfettered capitalism, uses him to demonstrate the absurd ways in which bureaucracy fuels its own growth and the waste and foolishness required to keep an artificial system running. In a capitalist system, Rearden would be free to produce as much steel as his customers require, and they would be free to buy it or to go elsewhere if he could not give them what they wanted. For Rand, the simplicity of free markets stands in obvious contrast to the complex bureaucratic structures seen here.
Last edited by Phatscotty on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2291
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 91
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Hank Meets the Wet Nurse, Shrugs...

Postby nietzsche on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:54 am

Phatscotty wrote: [Atlas Shrugged] it's the World's #2 most influential western book behind the Bible.



ROFL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA


is this guy for serious???????????


HAHAHAHAHHAA
betiko wrote:it really hurt. I learned a few years later that I was doing it wrong, i was inserting them in my anus
User avatar
Major nietzsche
 
Posts: 1971
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Hank Meets the Wet Nurse, Shrugs...

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:55 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Phatscotty wrote: [Atlas Shrugged] it's the World's #2 most influential western book behind the Bible.



ROFL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA


is this guy for serious???????????


HAHAHAHAHHAA


:?:

1991, a survey by the Library of Congress and the Book of the Month Club found that readers rated "Atlas" as the second-most influential book, behind only the Bible


The Library of Congress is the research library of the United States Congress, de facto national library of the United States of America, and the oldest federal cultural institution in the United States. Located in four buildings in Washington, D.C., as well as the Packard Campus[2] in Culpeper, Virginia, it is the largest library in the world by shelf space and number of books.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Library_of_Congress
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2291
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 91
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Hank Meets the Wet Nurse, Shrugs...

Postby nietzsche on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:22 pm

Dude, if that's the logic you use in all of your posts/threads/discussions... lol

There's no way to defend what you said.

One could just shut up had that been said by someone else, but the way you push you agenda and claim knowledge of the world and the economy and stuff, I had to say something.

It shows how little your perspective is, and your intent to further defend it shows also how you would go to inexplicable lengths in order not to lose a point.

I'm going to quote you here again, because knowing you, you will go and edit the post so that I end up like a fool:


Phatscotty wrote:I saw it yesterday, I am going to see it again today, and I regret not having read the book earlier. I have always wished there was a book like this available, I guess I just needed to get over the size of it and figure there is a reason why it's the World's #2 most influential western book behind the Bible.


Up next, 3 links, 4 out of context quotes and two videos where someone with the credibility of an ant says Atlas Shrugged is the best ever ever ever inception dark night!!!!!!!!!!!!
betiko wrote:it really hurt. I learned a few years later that I was doing it wrong, i was inserting them in my anus
User avatar
Major nietzsche
 
Posts: 1971
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Hank Meets the Wet Nurse, Shrugs...

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:42 pm

nietzsche wrote:Dude, if that's the logic you use in all of your posts/threads/discussions... lol

There's no way to defend what you said.

One could just shut up had that been said by someone else, but the way you push you agenda and claim knowledge of the world and the economy and stuff, I had to say something.

It shows how little your perspective is, and your intent to further defend it shows also how you would go to inexplicable lengths in order not to lose a point.

I'm going to quote you here again, because knowing you, you will go and edit the post so that I end up like a fool:


It's not logic...it's a source. It's not my credibility, it's the Library of Congress's.

My opinion has nothing to do with anything, I have not offered any opinion, or perspective, nor any intent. There are no points to be made or lost, it was just a simple statement.

You can ignore it if you want, but trolling the messenger won't accomplish anything.
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2291
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 91
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Hank Meets the Wet Nurse, Shrugs...

Postby nietzsche on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:03 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
nietzsche wrote:Dude, if that's the logic you use in all of your posts/threads/discussions... lol

There's no way to defend what you said.

One could just shut up had that been said by someone else, but the way you push you agenda and claim knowledge of the world and the economy and stuff, I had to say something.

It shows how little your perspective is, and your intent to further defend it shows also how you would go to inexplicable lengths in order not to lose a point.

I'm going to quote you here again, because knowing you, you will go and edit the post so that I end up like a fool:


It's not logic...it's a source. It's not my credibility, it's the Library of Congress's.

My opinion has nothing to do with anything, I have not offered any opinion, or perspective, nor any intent. There are no points to be made or lost, it was just a simple statement.

You can ignore it if you want, but trolling the messenger won't accomplish anything.


I can find 12309899802019380123088012 such misleading statements online, even by sources with alleged good reputation. Your quote says that it was a "survey by the Library of Congress and the Book of the Month Club", not a public statement by say, the president of the Library of Congress, and even if it was said by the president of the Library of Congress a he was and scholar, even then it wouldn't mean much.

But you didn't quote anything in your OP, you stated it as if it was very well common sense and a widely accepted belief that Atlas Shruged was the second most influential book in the west world. (And of course, a cherry on top "only second to .. wait.. wait The Holy Bible".

You didn't offer an opinion? It's a lame tactic you use, you push your points thru videos and links and BIG WORDS IN ITALICS AND BOLD WITH A LINK because deep down you know that you've been proven wrong so many times you can't handle it to happen again.

And I was trolling your OP because it's ridiculous and it bothers me that you would go ahead and post such a statement as if we were all idiots here, and were to take you word and the word of a "survey by the Library of Congress and the Book of the Month Club" (which you are, by some leap of awesome logic attributing to the Library of Congress) as truth, only because you say so next to 2 videos.
betiko wrote:it really hurt. I learned a few years later that I was doing it wrong, i was inserting them in my anus
User avatar
Major nietzsche
 
Posts: 1971
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Hank Meets the Wet Nurse, Shrugs...

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:49 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
nietzsche wrote:Dude, if that's the logic you use in all of your posts/threads/discussions... lol

There's no way to defend what you said.

One could just shut up had that been said by someone else, but the way you push you agenda and claim knowledge of the world and the economy and stuff, I had to say something.

It shows how little your perspective is, and your intent to further defend it shows also how you would go to inexplicable lengths in order not to lose a point.

I'm going to quote you here again, because knowing you, you will go and edit the post so that I end up like a fool:


It's not logic...it's a source. It's not my credibility, it's the Library of Congress's.

My opinion has nothing to do with anything, I have not offered any opinion, or perspective, nor any intent. There are no points to be made or lost, it was just a simple statement.

You can ignore it if you want, but trolling the messenger won't accomplish anything.


I can find 12309899802019380123088012 such misleading statements online, even by sources with alleged good reputation. Your quote says that it was a "survey by the Library of Congress and the Book of the Month Club", not a public statement by say, the president of the Library of Congress, and even if it was said by the president of the Library of Congress a he was and scholar, even then it wouldn't mean much.

But you didn't quote anything in your OP, you stated it as if it was very well common sense and a widely accepted belief that Atlas Shruged was the second most influential book in the west world. (And of course, a cherry on top "only second to .. wait.. wait The Holy Bible".

You didn't offer an opinion? It's a lame tactic you use, you push your points thru videos and links and BIG WORDS IN ITALICS AND BOLD WITH A LINK because deep down you know that you've been proven wrong so many times you can't handle it to happen again.

And I was trolling your OP because it's ridiculous and it bothers me that you would go ahead and post such a statement as if we were all idiots here, and were to take you word and the word of a "survey by the Library of Congress and the Book of the Month Club" (which you are, by some leap of awesome logic attributing to the Library of Congress) as truth, only because you say so next to 2 videos.


That's what the survey found, Neitze. I will just remind you I did not do the survey, I did not ask the people the questions or insert my opinions about what the most influential book to them was or should be...I just shared the results from the survey, which was done by the Library of Congress, and surveyed people who are in the "Book of the Month Club" IE avid readers.

Nothing about it is "my word"

You say you don't have an ounce of respect for the Library of Congress, the biggest library in the world, because you only trust the president of he Library of Congress? Okay, here ya go, you get exactly what you asked for, but you did not asked to be proven wrong. I mean, what is the big deal anyways, Atlas Shrugged is a severely influential book. Why don't you just call the Bible being #1 BS while you are at it, because that is how far you are taking this.

On Friday, the Library of Congress released its list of the "books that shaped America." There are 88 books on the list, and there will be an exhibit in Washington that opens Monday.

According to the AP, Librarian of Congress James Billington said that these books are not meant to be the "best" books. Rather, the library hopes to ignite conversation around the books that influenced the nation.


http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/2 ... 18786.html
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2291
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 91
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Hank Meets the Wet Nurse, Shrugs...

Postby nietzsche on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:02 am

Again, your logic: where does it say western world?, where, does it say Atlas Shrugged is second only to the Bible. And I already said, even if Librarian of Congress say so it doesn't necessarily means the truth, as anyone he's probably pushed by magazines to create lists of the most, the best, the most influential, because some people seem to crave those lists. (Not that he said that Atlas Shrugged is the second most influential book in the western world)

If I say "man, my toe hurts", can you conclude from that sentence that "nietzsche is in agonizing pain in his whole body, he's not going to make it" ?? And when confronted by someone who points out the lie, you can win the argument by first posting

nietzsche wrote:man, my toe hurts


and then

biology wrote:everybody dies

??

I don't think so.


You can keep posting quotes and quotes and articles and articles, you are not going to make this one go away. I normally give up in these debates but not this time.
betiko wrote:it really hurt. I learned a few years later that I was doing it wrong, i was inserting them in my anus
User avatar
Major nietzsche
 
Posts: 1971
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Hank Meets the Wet Nurse, Shrugs...

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:13 am

nietzsche wrote:Again, your logic: where does it say western world?, where, does it say Atlas Shrugged is second only to the Bible. And I already said, even if Librarian of Congress say so it doesn't necessarily means the truth, as anyone he's probably pushed by magazines to create lists of the most, the best, the most influential, because some people seem to crave those lists. (Not that he said that Atlas Shrugged is the second most influential book in the western world)

If I say "man, my toe hurts", can you conclude from that sentence that "nietzsche is in agonizing pain in his whole body, he's not going to make it" ?? And when confronted by someone who points out the lie, you can win the argument by first posting

nietzsche wrote:man, my toe hurts


and then

biology wrote:everybody dies

??

I don't think so.


You can keep posting quotes and quotes and articles and articles, you are not going to make this one go away. I normally give up in these debates but not this time.


I am aware that I can keep posting quotes and quotes and articles and articles and evidence and back it up, and I am aware that will never be good enough.

That doesn't change that it's the result of a survey. I will let you in on a secret, you can take the results of the survey for what it is (a survey), and you can stop trying to turn it into a quest to prove the existence of God and absolute truth.

If you think it's all a conspiracy by the Library of Congress, then that is up to to present your own links and evidence.

If the reason for you going off the deep end here on a semantics rampage is because of my use of the word "wet nurse" then I do honestly apologize, from the bottom of my heart. However, if this is because I gave you the could shoulder when you dropped your pants for me in live chat and plopped your junk in my hand, you should know the answer is still no.
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2291
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 91
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Hank Meets the Wet Nurse, Shrugs...

Postby john9blue on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:21 am

how else are you going to measure the influence of a book on someone other than simply asking them?

why would the president of the LOC, or any other individual for that matter, know more about which book influenced people than the people themselves?
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
User avatar
Captain john9blue
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: FlutterChi-town
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Re: Hank Meets the Wet Nurse, Shrugs...

Postby nietzsche on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:34 am

Phatscotty wrote:
nietzsche wrote:Again, your logic: where does it say western world?, where, does it say Atlas Shrugged is second only to the Bible. And I already said, even if Librarian of Congress say so it doesn't necessarily means the truth, as anyone he's probably pushed by magazines to create lists of the most, the best, the most influential, because some people seem to crave those lists. (Not that he said that Atlas Shrugged is the second most influential book in the western world)

If I say "man, my toe hurts", can you conclude from that sentence that "nietzsche is in agonizing pain in his whole body, he's not going to make it" ?? And when confronted by someone who points out the lie, you can win the argument by first posting

nietzsche wrote:man, my toe hurts


and then

biology wrote:everybody dies

??

I don't think so.


You can keep posting quotes and quotes and articles and articles, you are not going to make this one go away. I normally give up in these debates but not this time.


I am aware that I can keep posting quotes and quotes and articles and articles and evidence and back it up, and I am aware that will never be good enough.

That doesn't change that it's the result of a survey. I will let you in on a secret, you can take the results of the survey for what it is (a survey), and you can stop trying to turn it into a quest to prove the existence of God and absolute truth.

If you think it's all a conspiracy by the Library of Congress, then that is up to to present your own links and evidence.

If the reason for you going off the deep end here on a semantics rampage is because of my use of the word "wet nurse" then I do honestly apologize, from the bottom of my heart. However, if this is because I gave you the could shoulder when you dropped your pants for me in live chat and plopped your junk in my hand, you should know the answer is still no.



Nope, you will not change what this is about. Remember, you posted that:

[quote="Phatscotty"] [Atlas Shrugged] it's the World's #2 most influential western book behind the Bible.[/qoute]

It's not about the credibility of the Library of Congress, I used the phrase EVEN IF before I said anything about the Librarian of the Congress. Although I would like to use this opportunity to point out another flaw in your logic: that the Library of Congress is the biggest library on the world doesn't make it the authority in everything about the books. Rather, arguments are valid because of the certainty of their premises and the quality of the logic they use.

Some pointers so you can start working on improving your logic.

A group of people surveyed by the Library of Congress doesn't necessarily means that what they say constitute the truth. It would probably tell a lot about people from a certain range of age, that likes to read and talk about what they read, in the present age, in the representing geographic region (i.e. if the survey was conducted only at California, it would probably say a lot of Californian readers, and might differ a bit respect another group or readers in another state, country, and in another era.

Western World doesn't mean USA in 2012. The Greek civilization back 400 B.D. for instance, is part of what is meant when the term Western World is said. Not only that, but also Greece in 2000 forms part of the world, can you see the picture? Time works like another dimension.

I would like to remind you that, without any quote, in your opening post you said that [Atlas Shrugged] it's the World's #2 most influential western book behind the Bible.
betiko wrote:it really hurt. I learned a few years later that I was doing it wrong, i was inserting them in my anus
User avatar
Major nietzsche
 
Posts: 1971
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Hank Meets the Wet Nurse, Shrugs...

Postby nietzsche on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:37 am

john9blue wrote:how else are you going to measure the influence of a book on someone other than simply asking them?

why would the president of the LOC, or any other individual for that matter, know more about which book influenced people than the people themselves?


Wow, john, you are failing for Scotty's trap.

It's a smoke bomb john, go beyond the smoke to see what's actually there.

Or do you actually believe that the Western World equals the United States of America?
betiko wrote:it really hurt. I learned a few years later that I was doing it wrong, i was inserting them in my anus
User avatar
Major nietzsche
 
Posts: 1971
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Hank Meets the Wet Nurse, Shrugs...

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:41 am

nietzsche wrote:
john9blue wrote:how else are you going to measure the influence of a book on someone other than simply asking them?

why would the president of the LOC, or any other individual for that matter, know more about which book influenced people than the people themselves?


Wow, john, you are failing for Scotty's trap.

It's a smoke bomb john, go beyond the smoke to see what's actually there.

Or do you actually believe that the Western World equals the United States of America?


And you don't consider semantics a smoke bomb? What the hell, you already admitted you are trolling. I think you trapped yourself dawg.

It had been entertaining to see all your original problems with the source reduced to a silly page long tirade about the huge leap of "logic" with equating the USA with "the West" :roll:

Another idea, you could try reading the book yourself, and make your own judgement, rather than going on and on and on about a book you have never read
Last edited by Phatscotty on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2291
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 91
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Hank Meets the Wet Nurse, Shrugs...

Postby nietzsche on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:43 am

Phatscotty wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
john9blue wrote:how else are you going to measure the influence of a book on someone other than simply asking them?

why would the president of the LOC, or any other individual for that matter, know more about which book influenced people than the people themselves?


Wow, john, you are failing for Scotty's trap.

It's a smoke bomb john, go beyond the smoke to see what's actually there.

Or do you actually believe that the Western World equals the United States of America?


And you don't consider semantics a smoke bomb? What the hell, you already admitted you are trolling. I think you trapped yourself dawg.

It had been entertaining to see all your original problems with the source reduced to a silly page long tirade about the huge leap of "logic" with equating the USA with "the West" :roll:


I would like to state for the record that you have now edited THE CONTENT of 2 post to which I have responded. Somehow if you edit them fast enough after the posting, it doesn't show. And you say you don't do that, as always Scotty, you lie and lie all the time.
betiko wrote:it really hurt. I learned a few years later that I was doing it wrong, i was inserting them in my anus
User avatar
Major nietzsche
 
Posts: 1971
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: Hank Meets the Wet Nurse, Shrugs...

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:49 am

nietzsche wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
john9blue wrote:how else are you going to measure the influence of a book on someone other than simply asking them?

why would the president of the LOC, or any other individual for that matter, know more about which book influenced people than the people themselves?


Wow, john, you are failing for Scotty's trap.

It's a smoke bomb john, go beyond the smoke to see what's actually there.

Or do you actually believe that the Western World equals the United States of America?


And you don't consider semantics a smoke bomb? What the hell, you already admitted you are trolling. I think you trapped yourself dawg.

It had been entertaining to see all your original problems with the source reduced to a silly page long tirade about the huge leap of "logic" with equating the USA with "the West" :roll:


I would like to state for the record that you have now edited THE CONTENT of 2 post to which I have responded. Somehow if you edit them fast enough after the posting, it doesn't show. And you say you don't do that, as always Scotty, you lie and lie all the time.


changing the subject again? Now are you having a metldown because I corrected a misspelled word? oh, and an edit means a lie? can't be anything else huh?

pathetic dude
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2291
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 91
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

Re: Hank Meets the Wet Nurse, Shrugs...

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:54 am

lol, what's next? you gonna troll for another page because I did not end this sentence with a question mark
"I want you to remember that, to remind you to stay out of my way. In all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember my hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you."
User avatar
Colonel Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser
 
Posts: 2291
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm
Medals: 91
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (13)

PreviousNext

Return to Babble-On Five

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chang50, jonesthecurl

Login