Who has the best capitol?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Best Capitol? FINAL ROUND

Province of Quebec
27%
Scotland
36%
Province of Ontario
14%
Republic of Belarus
23%

Total votes : 22

Re: Who has the best capitol?

Postby natty dread on Thu May 19, 2011 10:23 am

thegreekdog wrote:all the hardworking Greeks came to the United States.

Is that why Greek economy failed?
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Postby thegreekdog on Thu May 19, 2011 10:25 am

natty_dread wrote:

This is what my grandfather thinks. From what I understand, the Greek economy failed because people and companies don't pay the taxes they are supposed to pay and because of state pensions. But that's Mr. Changsha's expertise.
Sergeant thegreekdog

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby Mr Changsha on Thu May 19, 2011 11:59 am

thegreekdog wrote:
natty_dread wrote:

This is what my grandfather thinks. From what I understand, the Greek economy failed because people and companies don't pay the taxes they are supposed to pay and because of state pensions. But that's Mr. Changsha's expertise.

Well...the greek economy? I have some understanding (and views) on both political and economic concepts, but remember I live in something of a news-free environment. Of course I could read newspapers online etc etc but ever since the conservatives kicked those lying little shits out of power I have basically felt that the world is all fine again (yep...pretty narrow, uk, china, us, eu), or at least a whole lot better, and promptly turned my mind off current events for the first time in about ten years.

I would suppose, however, that if a brain drain was serious and heavy enough, and new immigrants of equal quality were not found, that it is possible that a country couldn't produce enough actual contributors to the public purse. But it is more likely to be a case of ridiculous government spending linked to tax avoidance, overly-strong unions depressing growth, an unrealistic and self-delusional body politic and media etc etc.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (3)

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Thu May 19, 2011 1:20 pm

wow you couldn't get a better picture for greece? that's so totally unfair. Hungary's picture should have police in front of it too.
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby saxitoxin on Thu May 19, 2011 1:24 pm

shieldgenerator7 wrote:wow you couldn't get a better picture for greece? that's so totally unfair. Hungary's picture should have police in front of it too.

Fair point.

Can someone phone-in a bomb threat to the Hungarian Parliament? I know a photographer in Budapest who is available on short notice.

I'd do it myself but I'm like 2 bomb threats away from getting deported.
Sergeant 1st Class saxitoxin

Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby thegreekdog on Thu May 19, 2011 3:45 pm

Mr Changsha wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
natty_dread wrote:

Well...the greek economy? I have some understanding (and views) on both political and economic concepts, but remember I live in something of a news-free environment. Of course I could read newspapers online etc etc but ever since the conservatives kicked those lying little shits out of power I have basically felt that the world is all fine again (yep...pretty narrow, uk, china, us, eu), or at least a whole lot better, and promptly turned my mind off current events for the first time in about ten years.

I would suppose, however, that if a brain drain was serious and heavy enough, and new immigrants of equal quality were not found, that it is possible that a country couldn't produce enough actual contributors to the public purse. But it is more likely to be a case of ridiculous government spending linked to tax avoidance, overly-strong unions depressing growth, an unrealistic and self-delusional body politic and media etc etc.

Well... my grandfather is a 93 year old man who barely speaks English (although he's been here for 77 years). He's a pretty smart guy (and was successful in business), but I doubt he has the answers as to why Greece has failed.
Sergeant thegreekdog

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby Timminz on Thu May 19, 2011 3:57 pm

shieldgenerator7 wrote:wow you couldn't get a better picture for greece? that's so totally unfair. Hungary's picture should have police in front of it too.

I think it looks swell.
Lieutenant Timminz

Medals: 55
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby GreecePwns on Thu May 19, 2011 8:10 pm

I guess part of the German-France Power Grab stipulated that state owned grass surrounding fountains may not be watered.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby notyou2 on Sat May 21, 2011 3:32 pm

Was this pic taken between 1pm and 3pm? There aren't any respirator guys.
Lieutenant notyou2

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Training Achievement (1)

Postby saxitoxin on Sat May 21, 2011 9:46 pm

GREECE WON! 55% to HUNGARY's 45%! :o

next round to follow later; Saxi gotta get his drink on now

Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby targetman377 on Sat May 21, 2011 10:36 pm

i stopped cheeking this thread and also the credibility of this is shot after Scotland beat Washington!

that is all carry on!
VOTE AUTO/TARGET in 12
Corporal 1st Class targetman377

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (2)

Postby neanderpaul14 on Sun May 22, 2011 12:58 am

targetman377 wrote:i stopped cheeking this thread and also the credibility of this is shot after Scotland beat Washington!

that is all carry on!

Now what do you cheek??

High score: 2724/#163 on scoreboard/COLONEL
Private 1st Class neanderpaul14

Location: "Always mystify, mislead and surprise the enemy if possible." - Thomas J. Jackson
Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (13)

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sun May 22, 2011 1:40 am

Go me!!! :D

-Sully the Quick
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Postby Iliad on Sun May 22, 2011 2:40 am

Poll for fastest two miles void, I'm not an option.
Private 1st Class Iliad

Medals: 1
Standard Achievement (1)

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Mon May 23, 2011 3:24 pm

AoG's winning the 2 miles fastest poll.
That makes him CC's fastest troll.

p.s. why am I not an option? 11:30
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.

Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby saxitoxin on Mon May 23, 2011 4:11 pm

shieldgenerator7 wrote:AoG's winning the 2 miles fastest poll.
That makes him CC's fastest troll.

p.s. why am I not an option? 11:30

I dunno why AOG is winning, I've actually seen him run. Just the other weekend he was running away from my van. I had 3 big sacks of free candy in the back weighing me down and I still almost caught him.

Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby natty dread on Tue May 24, 2011 6:46 pm

someone plz vote for me or my feelins will be hurt

once they are hurt they can't be unhurt you know
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Postby saxitoxin on Tue May 24, 2011 8:27 pm

ENOUGH FUN & GAMES, WE HAVE BUSINESS WITH WHICH TO ATTEND.

(Timminz was declared fastest on CC.)

Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby saxitoxin on Tue May 24, 2011 8:29 pm

GREECE

vs.

FINLAND

Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby GreecePwns on Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 pm

Saxi, I think you've reversed the pictures. Clearly the one with the columns is the one that houses a statue of Zeus.

Finland has been reported to the appropriate mods for plagiarism.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby saxitoxin on Tue May 24, 2011 8:32 pm

Voting now is also open in the "Who Has the Best Official Residence?" competition.

The first round is "United States"; La Fortaleza is beating the competition with Iolani Palace coming a close second and the White House and Drumthwacket trailing.

The second round is "Canader", followed by "Europe" and then more ...

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=145679&start=0

Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby Fircoal on Tue May 24, 2011 8:43 pm

saxitoxin wrote:ENOUGH FUN & GAMES, WE HAVE BUSINESS WITH WHICH TO ATTEND.

(Timminz was declared fastest on CC.)

How the ffffffffffffff is Scotland still alive in this? >:C That building looks like an ugly piece of garbage. (Just like most recent buildings)
ImageImageVote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Captain Fircoal

Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (2)

Postby InkL0sed on Tue May 24, 2011 8:49 pm

It's really not fair that Scotland and Finland are in the same bracket. They should face each other in the finals.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Wed May 25, 2011 12:06 pm

I was going to vote for Greece but then saw that the grass around the fountain was whithered so I decided to vote for Finland. Then I looked at Finland's picture and saw only one lonely person standing there and then saw greece with lively communities so Greece won back my vote. congrats Greece.

Postby notyou2 on Wed May 25, 2011 6:34 pm

Finland's building could withstand a Russian assault.
Lieutenant notyou2

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Training Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Babble-On Five