Who has the best capitol?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.
Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Best Capitol? FINAL ROUND

Province of Quebec
27%
Scotland
36%
Province of Ontario
14%
Republic of Belarus
23%

Total votes : 22

Re: Who has the best capitol?

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:24 am

x-raider wrote:Haha, you guys are great.
The best has got to be...
Dukasaur wrote:
Haggis_McMutton wrote:Or, in other words: "my subjective preferences are objectively better than your subjective preferences."

Yes, because I'm objectively better than you. :D

I'm going to go ahead with my idea that sparked this retrospective conversation in the first place.
x-raider wrote:Stumbled upon this thread. Could we try it again with Fictitious capitols. (not to be confused with Fictitious capital)

For example:
Terminus vs Trantor vs Kalgan (Foundation)
Romulus vs Vulcan vs Qonos (Star Trek)
Edoras vs Barad-dûr vs Minas Tirith vs Eisengard (LoTR)

If people want I'll have a go at making a thread.

Go for it. Although, since you're not working with real buildings, a lot will depend on which artist's version you choose. I've seen Edoras and Isengard drawn a lot of different ways.
Major Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 136
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby x-raider on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:05 am

Yes. You certainly are right about that. I'll have to do some research.
Corporal 1st Class x-raider

Location: Lost in the Complexities of the Undiscovered Universe
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:19 am

Funkyterrance wrote:Depends on who you ask, there's no definitive answer.
If you would rather split hairs than actually discuss something, be my guest. I think you may find a dictionary more entertaining than these forums, however. ;)

Science/Philosophy != splitting hairs

Where is the empiricism in aesthetics ?
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (4)

Previous

Return to Babble-On Five