Conquer Club

Drill Team Performance

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Drill Team Performance

Postby Woodruff on Thu May 05, 2011 11:01 am

Alright, so I had to come back and make one bragging post. I've been hoping to get a chance to brag to you guys for quite some time about my Color Guard and Drill Teams, so here it is.

As part of our school's Distinguished Alumni ceremony, a few of my AFJROTC cadets performed a Color Guard and a Drill Performance. This is part of what we do in competitions against other schools, so it's not really what we teach in class itself. But it shows you some of the fun things we do outside of class. We've been doing Color Guards all year, so that team is good at what they do. But I'm particularly proud of the two young men in the Drill Performance (both are sophomores), as they had really only been practicing this routine for about two weeks at that point (as you can see right at the beginning when one of them turns the wrong way). This was also the first time any of our drill team members had performed in front of the school's student body (and they got a standing ovation, which was nice):

Color Guard:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yOE5Wquryw

Drill Performance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX04U-dvuWk
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Re: Drill Team Performance

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Thu May 05, 2011 11:55 am

that was awesome! The gun swingiing was unreal! only 2 weeks? wow! My favorite part was when they threw the guns in the air and at each other and caught them. It must have taken a lot of practice in order to get that good without making any mistakes in that drill. Yeah, that one guy was still a little slow on some parts, but he still was able to spin the gun with ease and catch it without a problem. That was pretty cool, thanks for posting that. 8-)
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby 2dimes on Thu May 05, 2011 1:38 pm

Nice to see you. Take care. Seriously.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby army of nobunaga on Thu May 05, 2011 4:38 pm

Ive had to sit through a few of these before. This was pretty good man. They had to have busted their asses if this was just a two week routine.

cheers
Maps Maps Maps!

Take part in this survey and possibly win an upgrade -->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby Symmetry on Thu May 05, 2011 5:33 pm

Nice work Woody. I'm no big fan of big patriotic displays, but I'm a huge fan of seeing students displaying pride in themselves and what they've learned. They were really impressive.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby pimpdave on Thu May 05, 2011 6:31 pm

Looks like they have a bright future twirling batons on the cheer leading team.

I'm sure you took time to instruct them all to be tattle tales and to call everyone idiots all the time, Woodruff. Since being an example is the best way to teach.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu May 05, 2011 7:09 pm

meow!
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby beezer on Thu May 05, 2011 7:11 pm

pimpdave wrote:Looks like they have a bright future twirling batons on the cheer leading team.

I'm sure you took time to instruct them all to be tattle tales and to call everyone idiots all the time, Woodruff. Since being an example is the best way to teach.

Have I missed something? I've never really liked Woodruff personally because of the nah-nee-nah-nee-boo-boo reading comprehension comments, but when was he ever a tattle tale? I'm guessing this would be in another forum. Link?
Corporal 1st Class beezer

Postby pimpdave on Thu May 05, 2011 7:41 pm

Woodruff is constantly trying to get people banned. Most hilariously, with posts and threads that have nothing to do with him. Then he calls them idiots. Often, he'll send people angry PMs, telling them about how they're worthless human beings, etc. If you reply telling him to shut up and go to hell, he'll take you to court. Seriously! He'll threaten real legal action against you just for telling him to leave you alone!

Anyway, I'm sure he imparts all of this to his students. He must be very proud of himself to brag about it.

That's all.

Maybe if he takes some time off he'll stop working so hard to get people banned, but in the meantime, he deserves just as much derision as he dishes out.

meow, indeed.
Last edited by pimpdave on Thu May 05, 2011 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu May 05, 2011 7:56 pm

Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby army of nobunaga on Thu May 05, 2011 7:58 pm

pimpdave wrote:Apparently the person who presses the report button most often is Woodruff. Even more hilariously, he reports posts that have nothing to do with him, all the time. He's constantly trying to get people banned. Then he calls them idiots. Often, he'll send people angry PMs, telling them about how they're worthless human beings, etc. If you reply telling him to shut up and go to hell, he'll take you to court. Seriously! He'll threaten real legal action against you just for telling him to leave you alone!

Anyway, I'm sure he imparts all of this to his students. He must be very proud of himself to brag like this.

That's all.

wow, someone is a fucking crybaby... I cant believe I had you foed.

lol

woodruff is doing something positive in real life. 70% of the people I meet everyday , do not.

hats off to him. Kids are the future, and we as a global community really do not instill values like what it took for these kids to achieve what they did in such short time.

Is there a future in twirling batons?

No asshole, there is a future in diligence, hard work, discipline, and pride in each action. Which is what these kids had.

In the future when someone posts about something positive, do yourself a favor , dont look like a goober.
Maps Maps Maps!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby pimpdave on Thu May 05, 2011 8:04 pm

Oh okay well I guess you showed me.

Please post a video of your sweet karate chop moves to further show how right you are. Or at least describe some time you used your karate moves to beat some up. That'll intimidate me into respecting you for sure.

Postby army of nobunaga on Thu May 05, 2011 9:12 pm

your respect means so little I cant even type it man.

Im not a great communicator. That is well documented. But to be a dick when someone is proud of his students and posts it.... well... I got nothing... gl and welcome back to foe.
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby DangerBoy on Thu May 05, 2011 10:09 pm

Trent & Wendy Woodruff,

Nicely done
PLAYER57832 wrote:I hope we all become liberal drones.
Sergeant 1st Class DangerBoy

Postby pimpdave on Thu May 05, 2011 11:39 pm

Oh no, back on army of nobunaga's foe list!

Postby john9blue on Fri May 06, 2011 12:23 am

i've never done anything like this, but my old marching band routines took about a month to memorize and required significantly less dexterity... well done!

and if you needed further proof that dave was a complete asshole... :lol:
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby PLAYER57832 on Fri May 06, 2011 10:50 pm

Woodruff wrote:Alright, so I had to come back and make one bragging post. I've been hoping to get a chance to brag to you guys for quite some time about my Color Guard and Drill Teams, so here it is.

As part of our school's Distinguished Alumni ceremony, a few of my AFJROTC cadets performed a Color Guard and a Drill Performance. This is part of what we do in competitions against other schools, so it's not really what we teach in class itself. But it shows you some of the fun things we do outside of class. We've been doing Color Guards all year, so that team is good at what they do. But I'm particularly proud of the two young men in the Drill Performance (both are sophomores), as they had really only been practicing this routine for about two weeks at that point (as you can see right at the beginning when one of them turns the wrong way). This was also the first time any of our drill team members had performed in front of the school's student body (and they got a standing ovation, which was nice):

Color Guard:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yOE5Wquryw

Drill Performance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX04U-dvuWk

Congratulations!

LIke several above, while I have never been on this kind of team, I have done other types of marching drills, so I have an idea of the difficulty.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 07, 2011 9:35 pm

pimpdave wrote:Looks like they have a bright future twirling batons on the cheer leading team.

Brilliant! You're such a pathetic f*ck that you've got to rag on high school students that you don't even know.

pimpdave wrote:I'm sure you took time to instruct them all to be tattle tales and to call everyone idiots all the time, Woodruff. Since being an example is the best way to teach.

This isn't my classroom, and my students are far more intelligent, resourceful and well-grounded than you are. They'd call you a fucking idiot too.

beezer wrote:

Have I missed something? I've never really liked Woodruff personally because of the nah-nee-nah-nee-boo-boo reading comprehension comments, but when was he ever a tattle tale? I'm guessing this would be in another forum. Link?

Oh, there's no link. You would expect proof? He can't even provide links that have anything to do with his claims in other threads. This is simply pimpdave at his most pathetic.

pimpdave wrote:Woodruff is constantly trying to get people banned.

This isn't true, with one significant exception. I have worked to try to get YOU back on a six-month ban...that much is true.

pimpdave wrote:Often, he'll send people angry PMs, telling them about how they're worthless human beings, etc. If you reply telling him to shut up and go to hell, he'll take you to court. Seriously! He'll threaten real legal action against you just for telling him to leave you alone!

None of this is in any way true. I don't know why your self-respect is so low that you believe you have to stoop to this level, but it really is pathetic. But since you're best friends with the moderators, you can get away with saying anything you want to...you clearly recognize that you'll never be banned for it, because of your friendship.

pimpdave wrote:Maybe if he takes some time off he'll stop working so hard to get people banned, but in the meantime, he deserves just as much derision as he dishes out.

Frankly, you deserve to be banned. You're a pathetic individual who contributes absolutely nothing to this site. In fact, you are successfully driving people away from the fora. Hail to the moderator friendships, and the power that gives you! I won't at all be surprised when I am sanctioned for this post and you remain untouched, as has happened previously with your trolling.

No chance of you getting on topic in this thread now, I suppose?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby shieldgenerator7 on Mon May 09, 2011 11:59 am

wow. such animosity :shock:
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to defeat all evil. -Ephesians 6 KJV

My Smiley: ( :) ) --- it's got SHIELDS!

everywhere116 wrote:You da man! Well, not really, because we're colorful ponies, but you get the idea.
Sergeant shieldgenerator7

Postby pimpdave on Mon May 09, 2011 12:09 pm

Woodruff wrote:

Brilliant! You're such a pathetic f*ck that you've got to rag on high school students that you don't even know.

There is no bad student, only bad teacher.

Woodruff wrote:Frankly, you deserve to be banned. You're a pathetic individual who contributes absolutely nothing to this site. In fact, you are successfully driving people away from the fora. Hail to the moderator friendships, and the power that gives you! I won't at all be surprised when I am sanctioned for this post and you remain untouched, as has happened previously with your trolling.

No chance of you getting on topic in this thread now, I suppose?

I have no friendship with the mods. Ever since I accidentally hit thegreekdog while demonstrating karate chopping techniques, forcing him to vomit all over MeDeFe and clapper011, they've told me to go to hell every time I invite them over for a crochet and appletini party. Oh, and since I won't report you, you probably won't have any problems. I'm sure you've reported me though.

Last edited by pimpdave on Mon May 09, 2011 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby The Bison King on Mon May 09, 2011 12:14 pm

This is delightful

Hi, my name is the Bison King, and I am COMPLETELY aware of DaFont!
Sergeant 1st Class The Bison King

Postby pimpdave on Mon May 09, 2011 12:25 pm

Woodruff, please stop sending me so many hateful PMs. While I do enjoy reading them before deleting them from my inbox (need to save room for the newsletter), I don't think it's helping you.

Anyway old buddy, I don't see why you're so upset. If you count up all the times you've called me an idiot all over the forum (tons) versus the number of times I've called you out on why you should take it if you dish it out (twice now I think), I'm pretty sure you're winning the war. I understand that you want to keep your abusive personality hidden from everyone else. The best way to not get called out on being so abusive and hurtful all the time is to just stop abusing people. I know there's good in you, I can feel it. Maybe someday you can learn to ignore the things you don't like instead of being a huge tattle-tale who demands everyone live up to a standard of elegance that you define but never live up to yourself.

I'll just go back to ignoring you now.

Postby john9blue on Mon May 09, 2011 1:36 pm

john9blue wrote:welcome to the cc forums, where trolling is tolerated
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby Woodruff on Mon May 09, 2011 1:44 pm

pimpdave wrote:Woodruff, please stop sending me so many hateful PMs. While I do enjoy reading them before deleting them from my inbox (need to save room for the newsletter), I don't think it's helping you.

Please stop lying about this. You know as well as I do that I'm doing no such thing. Stop being such a cowardly pussy.

Postby Juan_Bottom on Mon May 09, 2011 4:15 pm

pimpdave wrote:I know there's good in you, I can feel it.

C'mon, it was funny.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,