Conquer Club

Bad Translator

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Bad Translator

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:34 pm

Transperfect does an even better job, of course:
From English: Yeah, I know it shows it in progress (which is why I saw the leg rubbing) but there's no pause button to sit back and appreciate some of the good stuff along the way.
9 Translations Later:
Back to English: Saniye yryn iinde gsteren qu qu iin grm hereys kiebik apprcier arrire ningn matire deil iin Eilmek.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:25 am

18 Translations:
A Tale of Two Cities wrote:It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light

Translation wrote:And more often than not the wisdom of the ages is not good at something stupid to believe that in a climate of instability. At the time when the light.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:44 am

Who is the winner:

AndyDufresne wrote:18 Translations:
A Tale of Two Cities wrote:It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light

Translation wrote:And more often than not the wisdom of the ages is not good at something stupid to believe that in a climate of instability. At the time when the light.

--Andy
whitestazn88 wrote:And here's the first 250 characters to the ridiculously long opening sentence of "A Tale of Two Cities":

Original text:

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness..."

...30 translations later we get:

"I have a basic knowledge, I think, now, old and new light, black and think. .."
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:21 pm

18 Translations:
Pulp Fiction wrote:Ain't no fucking ballpark neither. Now, look, maybe your method of massage differs from mine, but, you know, touching his wife's feet and sticking your tongue in the holiest of holies ain't the same fucking ballpark. It ain't the same league.

Translation wrote:This is not a silly or phase. Now let's look at a couple of different ways, as my wife, my friend, everything is normal, increasing experience, is not spam. This is not the same game.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,