Conquer Club

If she makes it...would you vote for Hillary?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

If Hillary Rodham(Clinton) runs in 08 would she get your vote?

Total votes : 0

Postby luns101 on Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:01 pm

Well Jay, logic dictates that....oh, wrong thread.

No, I won't vote for her.
Major luns101

Postby d.gishman on Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:42 pm

got tonkaed wrote:i think its actually pretty amazing, that despite the fact that there is for the first time a serious female candidate that has a chance to win....the womens vote which she needs, simply is just not there.

its astounding how often i ask a woman if she would vote for hillary and they claim they would vote for anyone but hillary and that they would never vote for hillary.

its just pretty amazing.

You are suggesting a dangerous enemy to democracy. You are suggesting that women should vote for Hillary because she is a woman -- not because of who she is as a candidate.

Why wouldn't women dislike Hillary? She claims to be a feminist, yet she freely rides on the coattails of her husband. She seems to be very narrowminded. I still can't believe that she's on Jack Thompson's side on violent video games. That to me shows a lack of understanding and decision making capabilities.
Sergeant 1st Class d.gishman

Postby Carebian Knight on Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:42 pm

I definately wouldn't vote for her or Obama, even if I could. I'm not against a woman or a black president but neither of them are the kind of president we need. I forgot the guys name because I don't follow that stuff right now, but I know he's an older guy and I think he was a senator, but I really liked his views on things, I would vote for him because of that, not because he's a republican, even though I personally like republicans better than democrats.
Private 1st Class Carebian Knight

Postby static_ice on Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:52 pm

don't vote for hillary, they might put another snuke in her!
R.I.P. Chef
Sergeant static_ice

Postby vtmarik on Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:10 pm

Carebian Knight wrote:I definately wouldn't vote for her or Obama, even if I could. I'm not against a woman or a black president but neither of them are the kind of president we need. I forgot the guys name because I don't follow that stuff right now, but I know he's an older guy and I think he was a senator, but I really liked his views on things, I would vote for him because of that, not because he's a republican, even though I personally like republicans better than democrats.

Well, here's something worth thinking about:

One of the most impressive and progressive presidents we've ever had was also the youngest we've ever had. JFK.

I think electing an older guy is a bad idea, but it's not like anyone gave us a fucking choice in matter, right?
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:15 pm

I can honestly say, HELLS NO! Or, as Vince McMahon would say, "No chance in Hell." Same goes for Obama.
Last edited by muy_thaiguy on Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby OnlyAmbrose on Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:21 pm

cawck mongler wrote:Neither Hillary or Obama would get my vote, the liberal party pisses me off with the whole 'lets either have a woman or a black candidate, to show how progressive we are', there's nothing progressive about giving someone a position just because they're different.

US politics just makes me laugh, its seriously fucked up. Neither party really even has an agenda, all they do is make fucking comments about what they MIGHT do in Iraq. Give it up fags, more Americans die or have their standard of living affected by crime then Iraq, start dealing with the real issues.

This is why everyone in the whole fucking world hates America and thinks Americans are stupid, their the richest country in the world, but they let their government f*ck them in the ass so much, and then they turn around and brag about it saying they have the best country ever. f*ck America, shit hole of the world (its worse then North Korea, at least North Korea only harms its own citizens, the US uses so much of the earths resources and shows nothing for it but a few more benefits for the rich).

I never thought I'd say this... but I agree with (most of) this post. :shock:
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
Corporal 1st Class OnlyAmbrose

Postby vtmarik on Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:42 am

OnlyAmbrose wrote:
cawck mongler wrote:Neither Hillary or Obama would get my vote, the liberal party pisses me off with the whole 'lets either have a woman or a black candidate, to show how progressive we are', there's nothing progressive about giving someone a position just because they're different.

US politics just makes me laugh, its seriously fucked up. Neither party really even has an agenda, all they do is make fucking comments about what they MIGHT do in Iraq. Give it up fags, more Americans die or have their standard of living affected by crime then Iraq, start dealing with the real issues.

This is why everyone in the whole fucking world hates America and thinks Americans are stupid, their the richest country in the world, but they let their government f*ck them in the ass so much, and then they turn around and brag about it saying they have the best country ever. f*ck America, shit hole of the world (its worse then North Korea, at least North Korea only harms its own citizens, the US uses so much of the earths resources and shows nothing for it but a few more benefits for the rich).

I never thought I'd say this... but I agree with (most of) this post. :shock:

Dude, me too. This is creepy.

Ok, that's it. Bring on the meteors, it's the fucking apocalypse.
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby GreecePwns on Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:45 am

Banana Stomper wrote:But it doesn't matter anyway, none of your votes count and neither does mine.
:( Unfortunetly, QFT
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby GreecePwns on Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:47 am

Everyone meet the new President of the US in 2012! Thank you for showing the truth.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby Carebian Knight on Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:07 am

vtmarik wrote:
Carebian Knight wrote:I definately wouldn't vote for her or Obama, even if I could. I'm not against a woman or a black president but neither of them are the kind of president we need. I forgot the guys name because I don't follow that stuff right now, but I know he's an older guy and I think he was a senator, but I really liked his views on things, I would vote for him because of that, not because he's a republican, even though I personally like republicans better than democrats.

One of the most impressive and progressive presidents we've ever had was also the youngest we've ever had. JFK.

I think electing an older guy is a bad idea, but it's not like anyone gave us a fucking choice in matter, right?

Here's another something worth thinking about:

Another of the best presidents, FDR, was 63 when he died, in the middle of his 4th term as president.

Also George Washington, considered the Father of America was 65 when he retired from presidency. Also the only president smart enough not to join a political party.

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:23 pm

Carebian Knight wrote:
vtmarik wrote:

Another of the best presidents, FDR, was 63 when he died, in the middle of his 4th term as president.

Also George Washington, considered the Father of America was 65 when he retired from presidency. Also the only president smart enough not to join a political party.
Technically, he was a Fedralist, which was a party, I think for a short time. But, not sure if it would be considered a party by todays standards. Also, another great was Teddy Roosevelt.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby Backglass on Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:28 pm

I'm no Hillary fanatic but if it came down to her and her alone against another buffoon like "Sonny Boy Bush", I would give her my vote.

I have never understood why people hate her so much, other than she is Bill Clinton's wife. Maybe that's it.

Sadly, America seems much more interested in who you sleep with and what religion you are instead of how well you could run our country and turn it around.
The Pro-Tip®, SkyDaddy® and Image are registered trademarks of Backglass Heavy Industries.
Corporal 1st Class Backglass

Postby Carebian Knight on Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:47 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:
Carebian Knight wrote:
vtmarik wrote:

Technically, he was a Fedralist, which was a party, I think for a short time. But, not sure if it would be considered a party by todays standards. Also, another great was Teddy Roosevelt.

Yes true Teddy was a great president.

Technically? He might have agreed more with the Federalists but he never was one.

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:50 pm

Carebian Knight wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:
Carebian Knight wrote:
vtmarik wrote:

Yes true Teddy was a great president.

Technically? He might have agreed more with the Federalists but he never was one.
Gotcha.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby unriggable on Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:52 pm

Ibe thing cawck mongler, the world hates america because we love war. Both parties just love raping innocent countries for no apparent reason. I think Ron Paul will get my vote *even though I'll miss the election by THREE WEEKS), if not him then Obama, but no neocon will be getting my vote. Christ, I'm surprised the Republican party still has juice after what's happened recently.
Cook unriggable

Postby ignotus on Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:54 pm

Vote for Borat! :twisted:

One man for the world from Kazahstan to Kanada! :P :P :P :P
Lieutenant ignotus

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:55 pm

unriggable wrote:Ibe thing cawck mongler, the world hates america because we love war. Both parties just love raping innocent countries for no apparent reason. I think Ron Paul will get my vote *even though I'll miss the election by THREE WEEKS), if not him then Obama, but no neocon will be getting my vote. Christ, I'm surprised the Republican party still has juice after what's happened recently.
Didn't Ron Paul switch over from the Libertarian Party?
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

Postby unriggable on Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:57 pm

Fifteen months and not a soul has changed their opinion.
Cook unriggable

Postby xtratabasco on Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:24 pm

Our only chance at saving this country is Ron Paul
Corporal xtratabasco

Postby Backglass on Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:12 pm

xtratabasco wrote:Our only chance at saving this country is Ron Paul

We need another redneck Republican yahoo from Texas about as much as you need another banjo.

:lol:
The Pro-Tip®, SkyDaddy® and Image are registered trademarks of Backglass Heavy Industries.
Corporal 1st Class Backglass

Re: If she makes it...would you vote for Hillary?

Postby NESconqueror on Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:13 pm

jay_a2j wrote:I know its like 18 months away...but I love politics. The first woman president? What do you think?

That would work out well.
IMO (And I am a guy, so don't go at me with pitchforks and torches) Women > men.
I'm back after an all too long hiatus.
Real life sure knows how to intervene.
Private 1st Class NESconqueror

Postby unriggable on Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:03 pm

xtratabasco wrote:Our only chance at saving this country is Ron Paul

Or an unneeded invasion, judging by our foreign policy.
Cook unriggable

Re: If she makes it...would you vote for Hillary?

Postby Balsiefen on Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:49 am

NESconqueror wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:I know its like 18 months away...but I love politics. The first woman president? What do you think?

That would work out well.
IMO (And I am a guy, so don't go at me with pitchforks and torches) Women > men.

What about Thacher, our first woman prime-minister, It is very debatable how well that turned out.

The only hope for the USA is to give up its government entirely and become a province of the UK with Gorden Brown as presedent [/sublimanal message]
Sergeant 1st Class Balsiefen

Location: The Ford of the Aldar in the East of the Kingdom of Lindissi

Postby Jehan on Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:09 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aQ8QCyeYjg&mode=related&search=
thats pretty much all ive got on the american political system, far too confusing for me.
Sergeant Jehan

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,