Conquer Club

RIP Joe Frazier

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: RIP Joe Frazier

Postby Lootifer on Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:29 pm

Ok so he's not a little bitch, he's still a giant tosser who has done nothing for the sport of boxing :)
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby nietzsche on Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:52 pm

el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:22 am

Army of GOD wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:sqq ŹŽuunɟ os noŹŽ ɐɄɐɄ

lolololol!

<throws confetti>

If you don't thoroughly insult king achilles, Evil Semp, and lackattack, then you're a little bitch! lolololol! Don't use "rational decision-making" as a good reason not to do so!

Haha! These two scenarios aren't related in any way! lololololol!

It's an analogy. Modus ponens FTW!

If Mayweather refuses to fight the heavyweight champion, he's a little bitch according to your logic, which you assert is reasonable--because Mayweather's prestige (i.e. his future wealth, etc.) relies upon his consumers. Since you're a consumer, you can reasonably make this claim.

Using your logic and your version of "reasonable" based on the "Mayweather v. super heavyweight" scenario:

If you refuse to insult the admins, then you're a little bitch. You can "reasonably" do this because you're a consumer of CC, which relies upon its consumers for its prestige, future wealth, etc.

The point of an analogy is to rebuild the exact same logical argument into a second argument. It should highlight to you that your appraisal of Mayweather is unreasonable, emotionally charged, and unjustified.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:43 am

No, the scenarios are not related at all because I have no incentive to insult the admins. Mayweather has the potential to make a lot of money and increase his prestige. Yes, there's the possibility of defeat, but such risks are necessary in boxing if one wants to consider themselves one of the best in the sport, which, I believe Mayweather wishes to do.

What reasonable incentives do I have to call the admins bitches other than to not be called a bitch?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby nietzsche on Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:58 am

I think this is an opportunity for those in boxing to realize the way the competition is organized is not ok.

The way it's 'played' it's more like an spectacle than a sport. They organize events to sell sits and tv time and the sport comes second. There's a chance to organize the sport and make the competition more league-like.

It's very likely I had just written the first thing that came to my mind and had not considered many obvious facts. I don't care. Discuss.
General nietzsche

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:25 pm

Army of GOD wrote:No, the scenarios are not related at all because I have no incentive to insult the admins. Mayweather has the potential to make a lot of money and increase his prestige. Yes, there's the possibility of defeat, but such risks are necessary in boxing if one wants to consider themselves one of the best in the sport, which, I believe Mayweather wishes to do.

What reasonable incentives do I have to call the admins bitches other than to not be called a bitch?

You're equating yourself with Mayweather from the analogy, but you're overlooking the first example. I'll repeat to make it clear because I admit I wasn't being clear enough.

We're discussing this from the point of view of #1.

--1--------------2-----------------------------------------------------3----------
I'm calling you a little bitch for not insulting the admins.

You are calling Mayweather a little bitch for not fighting the heavyweight champion.

It's unreasonable for you to call Mayweather a little bitch for not doing something stupid;

just as it is unreasonable for me to call you a little bitch for not doing something stupid.

By "unreasonable," I mean that given the constraints of "Mayweather" or "you" in facing your "challenger," the appraisal, "little bitch," of Mayweather or you doesn't make sense. To me, it's stupid to call someone a little bitch, if that someone is actually doing something very wise.

You may as well call Obama a "little bitch" for not partaking in the assassination of Osama bin Laden. Mayweather isn't able to very likely to defeat someone who weighs 50+ more pounds than him. Not only that but it destroys his future career because he'll just be battered to death. It's stupid for him to challenge a heavyweight, and it's stupid for people to say he's a little bitch for acting reasonable.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:29 pm

Lootifer wrote:Ok so he's not a little bitch, he's still a giant tosser who has done nothing for the sport of boxing :)

Haha,

Mayweather fights with ZERO traditional honor. I admire that.

What's great about Mayweather is that from what I can tell, he has sparked interest in boxing from the younger crowd, ages: 18-26. So, that's something.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:33 pm

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.

Are you saying Pacquiao is a heavyweight?

They're in the same fucking weight class. What the hell have you been talking about?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:39 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.

Are you saying Pacquiao is a heavyweight?

They're in the same fucking weight class. What the hell have you been talking about?

Reread this: http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=157159&start=15#p3447300

You answered my question to the heavyweight scenario, and that's what I've been rolling with.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:42 pm

You're completely changing the argument.

Obviously it's much different if he faced the heavyweight champion because the chances of a win are a lot lower than if he were to fight Pacquiao.

Even if he did fight the heavyweight champion, he still has incentive to. He'll still make money at the end, assuming it's not a winner-take-all bout and if he wins his prestige would go through the roof. Absolutely no rational good would come from me insulting the admins.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:46 pm

Army of GOD wrote:You're completely changing the argument.

Obviously it's much different if he faced the heavyweight champion because the chances of a win are a lot lower than if he were to fight Pacquiao.

Even if he did fight the heavyweight champion, he still has incentive to. He'll still make money at the end, assuming it's not a winner-take-all bout and if he wins his prestige would go through the roof. Absolutely no rational good would come from me insulting the admins.

AoG, I've been arguiing the same thing since you answered my heavyweight question. You simply misread it.

But that's ok. So, given the admin and heavyweight champion scenarios, we can admit that the appraisal of "little bitch" is stupid for someone to say to person A if they refuse to do action B?
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:48 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:But that's ok. So, given the admin and heavyweight champion scenarios, we can admit that the appraisal of "little bitch" is stupid for someone to say to person A if they refuse to do action B?

I suppose. Go on.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Pedronicus on Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:56 pm

I get so fucked off with all these RIP threads. none of us knew him so why start a RIP thread?

I like Jimmy Saville, But I'm not going to start a RIP Jimmy Saville thread.

If Blitzaholic actually dies, then this is the place to have a RIP thread.

Shallow RIP bullshit on interweb forums reigns supreme.

When I heard he Died - I watched the whole fight on the Thrilla in Manilla fight on you tube. Thats the best way to remember him. this thread, like so many other threads is fucking bullshit
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby jiminski on Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:17 am

Pedronicus wrote:I get so fucked off with all these RIP threads. none of us knew him so why start a RIP thread?

I like Jimmy Saville, But I'm not going to start a RIP Jimmy Saville thread.

If Blitzaholic actually dies, then this is the place to have a RIP thread.

Shallow RIP bullshit on interweb forums reigns supreme.

When I heard he Died - I watched the whole fight on the Thrilla in Manilla fight on you tube. Thats the best way to remember him. this thread, like so many other threads is fucking bullshit

heheh you tell'em Pedro!
Captain jiminski

Postby nietzsche on Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:55 pm

Twenty-five years ago of this fight. I watched it live but I'm not sure I grasped all that it meant at that moment. I surely was excited with the end but over the years I've learned to appreciate it more.

JC Chavez vs Meldrick Taylor.

JC Chavez undefeated, considered one of the best. In his prime. Meldrick Taylor a boxer with a lot of future, fast and strong, and always attacking. At that moment Meldrick Taylor was the only opponent that could cause harm to Chavez. If you watch the fight with the original HBO comentators, you fail to see what's happening. You think Meldrick Taylor is kicking Chavez ass. He's definetly winning in the cards, because he throws more punchs, Chavez receives a lot with the intent of landing hard punches.

In a recent interview, Chavez said it was his hardest fight, that he lost consciousness of what was happening in round 10 (and you can see why if you watch round 10) and recovered until round 12. He says he felt like he wanted to go down, just give up around round 6, but he kept going, he says with balls because there was nothing left. He says he knew Meldrick Taylor was very fast and strong so he prepared as he never did before.

Doctors say Meldrick Taylor peed pure blood after the fight, and for a day or two. That he had his face fractured. Some say his concussions were so bad he was never the same (and you can see that on the HBO documentary).

If you see the spanish speaking version, you can notice the damage JC Chavez is causing round after round, and they're rooting for Chavez but they're clearly saying that if the fight goes to the scorecards, JC Chavez will lose.

The Documentary:

The Fight (HBO):

The Fight (Spanish):

The whole fight is a masterpiece, but if you have ADD go for the last 3 rounds.
General nietzsche

Postby Symmetry on Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:24 pm

the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,