Conquer Club

Dreams

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Dreams

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:44 pm

Sounds like the comic in your avatar. If you see it enough, you'll dream about it.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Re:

Postby nietzsche on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:48 pm

2dimes wrote:This is the sort of dream I usually have.
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:Pretty great one last night-

So I went to a concert or performance that was held in this giant garage. I don't really know what I was watching, I was just there among the crowd. I started smoking a cigarette with a couple of other guys (I don't smoke in the waking world outside of the occasional cigar) and the management starts freaking out because an alarm goes off. Whatever, no big deal. I'm on my way home and the cops come and arrest me. The whole thing- hands behind my back, cuffed, put in the police vehicle. There were three or four cops together to make the arrest. At this point, all but one leave, and the one who's left is this hard-ass officer who was the stereotypical cop: fat, obnoxious, and had the cop 'stache. He keeps yelling at me and saying that I've got to pay restitution for the damage. I denied that me smoking did any lasting damage in a building that had all the giant garage doors open and all that.

Here the dream takes a violent turn; the cop decides to take me somewhere. His vehicle turned out to be a rocket or some other spacecraft, and pretty soon he's dropping me off on the Moon, trying to leave me with this researcher who was living there studying the native lunar fauna. Now I'm fearing that he's leaving me on the Moon to die, so some words are exchanged, tempers flared. The cop attacks me, but I somehow manage to wrest his gun away from him and I end up killing him.

At this point the dream changes from first person to third person, and the character changes to a slim, brunette female. The researcher is freaking out because the cop is dead, and tells her that he's calling the cops. She tries to convince him not to, but to no avail. She ends up running away, trying to find a way back to earth. Here the dream becomes more of the frenetic pursuit kind, but the scenery changes to something like a Tim Burton film or a Tool video. The most prevalent of the native lunar fauna are these cow-like creatures that just sit around with vacant stares, but there are some snakes as well. The animals are what appear to her to be disfigured and clay-like. Somehow a fire gets started, and again this is very clay-animation like, slowly consuming the cow creatures and buildings. Then the alpha snake, who used to live on Earth but couldn't hack it and came to the Moon, tries helping her and talks to her.

Now at this point, I'm unsure if the dream changed, or if I/she somehow got back to Earth, but I feel like it's a continuation of the same dream. There was still the feeling that I had been hunted. But anyway, the character had changed back to me, and I was living in the house I grew up in, but I had Colin Mochrie and Wayne Brady as house mates. Wayne Brady had dreads, though, and was living in what used to be my sister's room, which was still pink and girly, although he did have a bunch of firearms mounted on the wall. There was this bum who kept rifling through our garbage each night, so Colin Mochrie goes out to chase him off. I hear a gunshot, and I look out and see Colin Mochrie is dead, killed by the vagrant who's peering around the corner at us, very creepily.

Wayne and I are shocked and outraged. I grab a pump-action shotgun and Wayne Brady gets what looks like a .45 handgun. We chase after the bum, but he eludes us initially. We're hunting him down, and we find him down by these train tracks with a baby stroller, his face covered in blood. I think the implication was that he had eaten a baby. And then the dream ends before any resolution.

-TG

A lot of detail, famous people, odd characters, changing locations.

I'll often be in my house or one that is supposed to be mine. I will go to a different room or outside and I end up somewhere completely different.

I havebeenwhat having pretty good luck controlling things sometimes.

This morning I went back to sleep and was making changes but not quite what I wanted. It also was one of those dream where I was trying to figure out if I was still dreaming or had woke up several times.

Use the switch test, light switches don't work in dreams.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby natty dread on Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:30 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:Sounds like the comic in your avatar. If you see it enough, you'll dream about it.

No, I don't actually have a dream self that lives on a yellow/purple moon full of gothic cathedrals.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby 2dimes on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:01 am

nietzsche wrote:
2dimes wrote:It also was one of those dreams where I was trying to figure out if I was still dreaming or had woke up several times.

I don't know if I care if it is a dream or not. I just find myself wondering, "Is this a dream or did I wake up?" I often dream of waking up and then the dream carries on with me presumably awake. Later I actually wake up.

Once I dreamt of waking up and going to work. Then I woke up and it was a dream and I went to work again. I can't remember the final count but it happened 3 or 4 times before actually waking up and going to work.

I was fairly annoyed when I actually had woke up and went to work for real.
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:05 am

2dimes wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
2dimes wrote:It also was one of those dreams where I was trying to figure out if I was still dreaming or had woke up several times.

I don't know if I care if it is a dream or not. I just find myself wondering, "Is this a dream or did I wake up?" I often dream of waking up and then the dream carries on with me presumably awake. Later I actually wake up.

Once I dreamt of waking up and going to work. Then I woke up and it was a dream and I went to work again. I can't remember the final count but it happened 3 or 4 times before actually waking up and going to work.

Did you get overtime?
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby 2dimes on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:08 am

I don't know if that would have made it fine but it would have softened the blow I think. Felt like a long long day after that happened.
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby nietzsche on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:12 am

2dimes wrote:
nietzsche wrote:

Yeah, if you are wondering if its a dream it's most likely a dream.

I remember the light switch test because, it's actually good training for lucid dreaming: you are supposed to turn the switch on and off during the day, every time you have a chance, so that you end up doing it during the dream and when you realize it didn't work, you'll know you are dreaming.

So are electronics like calculators, they don't work in dreams either.

I just remembered, some polish dude sells this mask that flashes red lights to your eyes when it detects REM, so that you can "awaken" in the dream and start having lucid dreams. The mask works, but it's a pita for me to put it on before going to sleep, it's not really big or anything out of the ordinary, it's just that i like to move a lot. And by the time the fucking mask arrived I had already learned all those other techniques.

It costed me 70 dls if I recall, I'd sell it to anyone for 120. Lol.
General nietzsche

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:11 pm

Um, that whole Light Switch test doesn't make sense to me. Either, I know I'm dreaming, or I know I'm not dreaming. There's not much guesswork involved here.

"Ah, yes, I'm in the land of Weird at the moment; therefore, I'm dreaming."

An analogy: light switch test is for people who can't distinguish English from Chinese.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby nietzsche on Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:21 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Um, that whole Light Switch test doesn't make sense to me. Either, I know I'm dreaming, or I know I'm not dreaming. There's not much guesswork involved here.

An analogy: light switch test is for people who can't distinguish English from Chinese.

It's a training device: You set your mind in waking life to consciously turn the switch on/off, so you end up doing it in your dreams, and as soon as you see in the dream that the switch doesn't work, you are lucid dreaming.
General nietzsche

Postby natty dread on Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:14 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Um, that whole Light Switch test doesn't make sense to me. Either, I know I'm dreaming, or I know I'm not dreaming. There's not much guesswork involved here.

So everytime you dream you are consciously aware that you're dreaming the entire time?

Postby 2dimes on Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:12 pm

This is kind of just as good a test.
nietzsche wrote:

If I'm awake there is more physical sensations, so I don't wonder if I'm dreaming. That and really cool/wierd activities happen less.

Real life is basically just using the internet or going for fast food in the hovercraft.
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby nietzsche on Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:26 pm

2dimes wrote:This is kind of just as good a test.
nietzsche wrote:

If I'm awake there is more physical sensations, so I don't wonder if I'm dreaming. That and really cool/wierd activities happen less.

Real life is basically just using the internet or going for fast food in the hovercraft.

Ok, but neither you nor BBS still get it.

The switch test is more of a training device to start having or have more lucid dreams: you consciously decide to every time you see a light switch you'll turn it off/on to see if it worked, quiclky it becomes a habit and you end up doing it in your dreams, and when you realize that the switch didn't work, your dream will become a lucid dream.

Another training device is start questioning yourself often in waking life "am i dreaming?" like 20 times a day, and soon enough you'll make the same question in your dreams and end up having lucid dreams.

You might think, why do i need this shit if I'm already having lucid dreams? well, you can have lucid dreams in every REM stage you enter, so that's like 4-5 times in a night, and if you sleep 10 hours, in the last hours you'll get more REM time because your body is more rested, so odds are if you are having lucid dreams without training it happens in these hours.

Also, when you are having a cool lucid dream, things going the way you want and all, but you are waking up, a way to stop waking up is looking at your feet, calmly looking at your feet for like 3 seconds (in dream time, go figure) and you can go back to the dream, but this only works (for me) up to 3-4 times per dream.
General nietzsche

Postby 2dimes on Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:50 pm

I can't recall ever seeing a light switch in a dream. Of course soon I'm going to have a dream about them because of this probably.

Do you think there are any more interesting tests?

If you see an exotic car walk up and see if you can just drive off in it.
Instead of walking try to jump straight to where ever you are going.
Drnk out of a five gallon container and see if you can finish the whole thing.
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby nietzsche on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:44 pm

2dimes wrote:I can't recall ever seeing a light switch in a dream. Of course soon I'm going to have a dream about them because of this probably.

Do you think there are any more interesting tests?

If you see an exotic car walk up and see if you can just drive off in it.
Instead of walking try to jump straight to where ever you are going.
Drnk out of a five gallon container and see if you can finish the whole thing.

You will not know about it until you're aware you are in a dream! It would be in your subconscious.

Why is this so hard?? Are you messing with me?>>>>
General nietzsche

Postby natty dread on Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:02 pm

There's one test where you wear a digital watch, you look at it all the time when you're awake, but in dreams, digital watches don't work for some reason, so you'll know you're dreaming.

(I learned about this from the movie Waking Life)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:58 am

natty dread wrote:

So everytime you dream you are consciously aware that you're dreaming the entire time?

Hmm, I should've been more clear. That above response applies to lucid dreaming.

During lucid dreaming, or "more conscious than usual" dreaming, I know I'm dreaming. There's no need for a light switch test because I just know... That kind of test is weird because in these kinds of dreams, I have a semi-omniscience, or self-awareness. It would be like walking to the local store in the real world, suddenly stopping, and then looking around asking, "Do I EXIST?!? DO I EXIST!!?? AHHHH!!"

I never really understood the lucid dreaming distinction. It's not like one has 100% control of 0% control of themselves and of the dream...
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:00 am

ITT nietz trains people to be crazy. After mastering his course, they'll dream only about light switches and the eternal question: "am I dreaming?"

Sounds terrible. :(
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby 2dimes on Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:34 am

Ugh, I just woke up.

I dreamt I woke up after a first dream. Neither were lucid. In the dream about waking up from the first dream, I didn't go through the motions of getting up, I just sort of was suddenly thrust into the second portion of the dream where I was awake soon after the other dream. Then I was at my deseased Dad's Uncle's house and he was alive and well.

Sure enough there's Nietzsche staying at the house, he kind of looked like a cross between a guy I worked with from mexico in real life briefly several years ago and Lionz's current avatar if he was not making a funny face. I end up interrupting his push ups, talking to him mostly because I wanted to see what his accent sounded like. It was basically American, stupid dream. Then we started to have a huge discussion about light switches in dreams.

I explained that in my dreams not only is there no light switches but everything is very minimalistic. There's nearly no furniture, the walls are a neutral off white colour, there's rarely pictures on the walls. Meanwhile we are in a house that is totally cluttered with things. Then I explained an example from the last dream where I was in a bathroom and there were no towels until suddenly I was wearing one.

Nietzsche told me to keep looking for the light switches. I told him, "I will, and I'll post about it if I do find them." Then I looked at him through a rolled up poster and said, "Hopefully I'll find a switch to lucidly place myself into your dreams!"

Then Mrs.dimes and me went outside to the huge stadium where they were auditioning for a musical traveling kids motivational show somehow based on Hairy potter, yet having nothing to do with Hairy Potter at the same time. I had done the show in the past and they never paid anyone so my wife was worried I was going to try out again. She was happy when I told her I was satisfied with the current new band I'm in, so I was going to stay with them. Then I proceeded to help prepare the shipping trailers for the stadium show for a while.

Somewhere along the line I was talking to my Dad's Uncle about my grandfather who died in real life when my Dad was three. The Uncle knew him for quite a while before he married his sister (my grandmother) who somehow in the dream was dead even though in real life she passed away after the uncle. We were talking about my grandparents and I wanted to tell him about something I found out about my grandfather but couldn't remember what it was.

I woke up frustrated and typed this crappy post explaining the dream. At least I'm pretty sure I'm awake because my nose is stuffy. And my hip is sore.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby 2dimes on Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:51 am

Yup. I'm awake. There's light switches and they work.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby natty dread on Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:34 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
natty dread wrote:

Hmm, I should've been more clear. That above response applies to lucid dreaming.

During lucid dreaming, or "more conscious than usual" dreaming, I know I'm dreaming. There's no need for a light switch test because I just know... That kind of test is weird because in these kinds of dreams, I have a semi-omniscience, or self-awareness. It would be like walking to the local store in the real world, suddenly stopping, and then looking around asking, "Do I EXIST?!? DO I EXIST!!?? AHHHH!!"

I never really understood the lucid dreaming distinction. It's not like one has 100% control of 0% control of themselves and of the dream...

I don't think you understand how it works... you use the light switch thing to lucid dream more often, not to confirm the lucidness of your lucid dreams when you're lucid dreaming...

Like if you're in a normal dream and you hit a light switch and it doesn't work, it's something that lets you know you're dreaming and then you can start all luciding it up

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:54 am

Oh, that's one way I guess. Carry on then.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby ManBungalow on Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:55 am

Colonel ManBungalow

Postby notyou2 on Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:34 am

I dreamed I ate a giant marshmallow and when I woke up my pillow was gone.
Captain notyou2

Postby natty dread on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:26 pm

I dreamed I had sex with a giant marshmallow and when I woke up my pillow was preggers

Postby nietzsche on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:16 pm

notyou2 wrote:I dreamed I ate a giant marshmallow and when I woke up my pillow was gone.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
General nietzsche

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,