Dreams

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Dreams

Postby nietzsche on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:26 pm

natty dread wrote:There's one test where you wear a digital watch, you look at it all the time when you're awake, but in dreams, digital watches don't work for some reason, so you'll know you're dreaming.

(I learned about this from the movie Waking Life)

The digital watch method works like this: you wear a digital watch and look at it, say it's 8:03, look away and after a second you look at it again, if it says 8:03 or 8:04 you are awake, but if it says some other time, you are dreaming. Follows the same principle that the light switches I guess, electric, electronic stuff don't work in dreams.

I don't do these things anymore, I don't try lucid dreaming often anymore, every now and then when I see a girl in RL that is super hot I try to lucid dream about her.. if I can't the first night I usually can the second night, given that I haven't forgoten about her, or nailed in real life.. which btw has never happened.

But when I become aware that I'm dreaming in these occasions, I usually use the light switch test or the digital clock test. Sometimes I just kiss the prettiest girl that I have closest, going against my waking life inhibitions, and if I don't get a slap I know I'm dreaming. I used to worry about this behaviour because I thouhgt I might get confused and do it in RL.. which would make me be in trouble.

Major nietzsche

Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re:

Postby nietzsche on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:29 pm

2dimes wrote:Ugh, I just woke up.

I dreamt I woke up after a first dream. Neither were lucid. In the dream about waking up from the first dream, I didn't go through the motions of getting up, I just sort of was suddenly thrust into the second portion of the dream where I was awake soon after the other dream. Then I was at my deseased Dad's Uncle's house and he was alive and well.

Sure enough there's Nietzsche staying at the house, he kind of looked like a cross between a guy I worked with from mexico in real life briefly several years ago and Lionz's current avatar if he was not making a funny face. I end up interrupting his push ups, talking to him mostly because I wanted to see what his accent sounded like. It was basically American, stupid dream. Then we started to have a huge discussion about light switches in dreams.

I explained that in my dreams not only is there no light switches but everything is very minimalistic. There's nearly no furniture, the walls are a neutral off white colour, there's rarely pictures on the walls. Meanwhile we are in a house that is totally cluttered with things. Then I explained an example from the last dream where I was in a bathroom and there were no towels until suddenly I was wearing one.

Nietzsche told me to keep looking for the light switches. I told him, "I will, and I'll post about it if I do find them." Then I looked at him through a rolled up poster and said, "Hopefully I'll find a switch to lucidly place myself into your dreams!"

Then Mrs.dimes and me went outside to the huge stadium where they were auditioning for a musical traveling kids motivational show somehow based on Hairy potter, yet having nothing to do with Hairy Potter at the same time. I had done the show in the past and they never paid anyone so my wife was worried I was going to try out again. She was happy when I told her I was satisfied with the current new band I'm in, so I was going to stay with them. Then I proceeded to help prepare the shipping trailers for the stadium show for a while.

Somewhere along the line I was talking to my Dad's Uncle about my grandfather who died in real life when my Dad was three. The Uncle knew him for quite a while before he married his sister (my grandmother) who somehow in the dream was dead even though in real life she passed away after the uncle. We were talking about my grandparents and I wanted to tell him about something I found out about my grandfather but couldn't remember what it was.

I woke up frustrated and typed this crappy post explaining the dream. At least I'm pretty sure I'm awake because my nose is stuffy. And my hip is sore.

Next time you dream about me YOU'LL HAVE SAXI AND AOG THERE TOO!! We will be playing poker, and you'll know its a dream because I don't know how to play poker.

You can do it without all the training IMO. You only have to think and desire it really hard before falling asleep. It's like.. being really aware and concentrated that you want it.

Major nietzsche

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)

Re: Re:

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:10 pm

nietzsche wrote:
2dimes wrote:Ugh, I just woke up.

I dreamt I woke up after a first dream. Neither were lucid. In the dream about waking up from the first dream, I didn't go through the motions of getting up, I just sort of was suddenly thrust into the second portion of the dream where I was awake soon after the other dream. Then I was at my deseased Dad's Uncle's house and he was alive and well.

Sure enough there's Nietzsche staying at the house, he kind of looked like a cross between a guy I worked with from mexico in real life briefly several years ago and Lionz's current avatar if he was not making a funny face. I end up interrupting his push ups, talking to him mostly because I wanted to see what his accent sounded like. It was basically American, stupid dream. Then we started to have a huge discussion about light switches in dreams.

I explained that in my dreams not only is there no light switches but everything is very minimalistic. There's nearly no furniture, the walls are a neutral off white colour, there's rarely pictures on the walls. Meanwhile we are in a house that is totally cluttered with things. Then I explained an example from the last dream where I was in a bathroom and there were no towels until suddenly I was wearing one.

Nietzsche told me to keep looking for the light switches. I told him, "I will, and I'll post about it if I do find them." Then I looked at him through a rolled up poster and said, "Hopefully I'll find a switch to lucidly place myself into your dreams!"

Then Mrs.dimes and me went outside to the huge stadium where they were auditioning for a musical traveling kids motivational show somehow based on Hairy potter, yet having nothing to do with Hairy Potter at the same time. I had done the show in the past and they never paid anyone so my wife was worried I was going to try out again. She was happy when I told her I was satisfied with the current new band I'm in, so I was going to stay with them. Then I proceeded to help prepare the shipping trailers for the stadium show for a while.

Somewhere along the line I was talking to my Dad's Uncle about my grandfather who died in real life when my Dad was three. The Uncle knew him for quite a while before he married his sister (my grandmother) who somehow in the dream was dead even though in real life she passed away after the uncle. We were talking about my grandparents and I wanted to tell him about something I found out about my grandfather but couldn't remember what it was.

I woke up frustrated and typed this crappy post explaining the dream. At least I'm pretty sure I'm awake because my nose is stuffy. And my hip is sore.

Next time you dream about me YOU'LL HAVE SAXI AND AOG THERE TOO!! We will be playing poker, and you'll know its a dream because I don't know how to play poker.

You can do it without all the training IMO. You only have to think and desire it really hard before falling asleep. It's like.. being really aware and concentrated that you want it.

Nietzsche, something came up - I won't be able to meet you and AoG in 2dimes dream tonight. Tell 2dimes I said thanks for hosting, though.
Corporal 1st Class saxitoxin

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby 2dimes on Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:48 pm

I think Mrs. Dimes made way too much dip then. If either of you guys have a dog bring it to the dream. Our dog gets the runs from that much dip.
Corporal 2dimes

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Postby 2dimes on Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:10 pm

Ok sure enough, I had a nap today and there was finally a light switch. I remembered to go try it but, when it didn't work I was just annoyed.
Corporal 2dimes

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Postby notyou2 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:24 pm

Were you sleeping for 10 days?
Lieutenant notyou2

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Training Achievement (1)

Postby 2dimes on Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:28 pm

No..
Corporal 2dimes

Postby notyou2 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:31 pm

napping?
Lieutenant notyou2

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Training Achievement (1)

Re:

Postby nietzsche on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:05 pm

2dimes wrote:Ok sure enough, I had a nap today and there was finally a light switch. I remembered to go try it but, when it didn't work I was just annoyed.

Did you try to change the light bulb?

Major nietzsche

Postby 2dimes on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:44 pm

No, is that typically how you deal with lights that won't turn off?
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby nietzsche on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:53 pm

2dimes wrote:No, is that typically how you deal with lights that won't turn off?

Yes, damn forever-on light bulbs

Major nietzsche

Postby 2dimes on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:56 pm

notyou2 wrote:napping?

Oui.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:57 am

so, in one dream, I flipped a light switch, and then woke up. Awesome.
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:40 pm

Not as detailed as my previous dreams, but still weird-

My dream last night involved me, my dad, and a pet spider I had. The spider looked kinda like a wolf spider:

but differed a bit in the abdomen and chelicerae and was very big, about the size of my hand. Anyway, I had this spider, and it was recovering from meth addiction, but, despite my care, it would always sneak off and find more meth. Eventually, my old man and I also got high on meth, and we kept trying to stop the spider from partaking of more meth. The meth was just like this block of very fresh stuff that we found. Every time the spider would approach the block, we'd swat him away, but we were trying to avoid these pointers he had on his abdomen that were venomous.

Then I was awoken and never got to see whether we overcame our addiction or whether we ended up on the street.

-TG
ImageEight-year olds, Dude.
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:51 pm

I can sometimes tell when I am dreaming, since I usually always have a specific article of clothing on or with me during my everyday life, but it doesn't seem to get translated to my dream self. So when I have noticed it was missing, I was vaguely aware that I was dreaming.

Edit: I also knew someone who had a prosthetic arm for most of his life, but he never dreamed himself with a prosthetic arm, it and his real arm were always missing. He always told me he knew when he was dreaming, if his arm wasn't there.

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

PreviousNext

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?