Conquer Club

Zimmerman vs. DMX - Boxing Match?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Concerning Zimmerman Verdict

Total votes : 0

Re: Zimmerman: Not Guilty

Postby Woodruff on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:42 am

Night Strike wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:A man was assaulted, his head slammed into the concrete. He drew a gun and killed his attacker.
Why are so many people upset?

I'm not upset by the judgement. Not at all, actually...I think it was probably the right one.

I AM frankly upset that the situation occurred at all, on several levels. I DO consider Zimmerman to be primarily responsible that this particular situation occurred, as well. I don't think that's unreasonable at all.

Why do you consider Zimmerman to be primarily responsible? To be fair, I haven't read much about the situation, but it appears that a neighborhood watch individual saw a suspicious looking person walking around the neighborhood, approached that person, was attacked, and shot him. The only way I would consider Zimmerman primarily responsible was if he was not supposed to have a gun.

If I remember right, Zimmerman had called the police, told them that there was a kid on the sidewalk, police told him to wait in the car until the actual cops showed up, Zimmerman gets out of car (ignores cops), approaches said teen with a gun, and then this mess happens.

If I'm Martin and see a guy coming at me with a gun and no badge, my flight or fight instinct would probably kick in too.

That said, I see both sides, and all I can really call it is a huge mess that should never had escalated that far.

COULD YOU POST FACTS IF YOU'RE GOING TO DISCUSS THIS CASE?!?!?!

911 dispatchers are NOT cops and their instructions are not law. Their instructions are recommendations, but no person is legally responsible to follow them. Police officers cannot give orders if they are not on the scene of a situation, even to their own subordinates, so even that wouldn't be a factor.

There's no indication that Zimmerman approached Martin. In fact, he stopped following Martin when the dispatcher asked and he had lost him from sight at one point anyway. There has never been any evidence presented that Zimmerman was walking around trying to stalk someone with his gun drawn like a police officer would be when getting into position around a house.

STOP SPECULATING AND DISCUSS FACTS. It's this type of stupid drivel that's causing all the idiotic comments in the media and the uninformed rioters.

Unless you agree with Night Strike, in which case he's more than happy to see you speculate.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby lokisgal on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:47 am

Lets remember we are replying to someone who thinks FOX is the authority on new....
nuff said on that
Major lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:11 am

Let the hating begin folks.

lokisgal wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:
lokisgal wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6OuP-wiiQg

I'm glad you posted this because I LAUGHED! MSNBC is a complete joke. JOKE. Chris Matthews is even STILL employed at MSNBC. I can't take MSNBC seriously. I will answer those 3 questions.

1. Zimmerman was part of a Neighborhood watch team. He had every right to speak to Martin because he was walking in his neighborhood and was dressed similar to the people who had robbed and stolen from the same neighborhood.

2. 911 told him to stay in his car. I know that he got out. It would have not prevented the situation though.

3. The man with the gun acted in self defense. He was being pummeled. So if someone is beating you up... You're just going to let them beat you up? That's what rioters are suggesting.

So answer this question. WHY would Zimmerman decide to shoot him... Zimmerman is of Hispanic decent, and Martin is of African American decent. So that throws the race card out of the question. Zimmerman was doing his duty to his neighborhood. WATCHING out for them.

We will not know Martin's intentions. But why would Martin decide to beat upon Zimmerman?

This all leads back to common sense. Think people. A Hispanic man just decides to shoot a black kid who was just minding his own business? Please, don't humor me. MSNBC already did that.

So you were there right? And you live in Florida? So you know first hand about race relations between African Americans and Hispanics correct? And because they both have some minority blood in them it makes the issue of race a non issue?
You clearly know nothing about race power or class and let me guess - you're white and don't ever have to worry about any of this...
Have you forgotten why that boy was in the neighborhood? Have you forgotten the photos of Zimmerman released right after he was arrested? Have you forgotten the boy was found face down hands under his body?
The U.S is clearly 2 different countries and you and I don't live in the same one.

so here for your jollies you can read this - I'm sure you will dismiss it as well because well that's what people who never have to worry about being affected by things like this do

http://thepoliticalfreakshow.us/post/54 ... io-of-what

Let me guess you're a Black who voted for Obama... OH WAIT THAT WOULD BE RACIST.

No, I live in Alabama. But I have been to Florida and the Area you are talking about before. No one was there. No one knows why Martin was in the Neighborhood. But we know why Zimmerman was. We saw the photos of Zimmerman and his broken nose and cuts on his head.

And about that link. If a white kid was walking in a neighborhood where he didn't live or belong, and was confronted by a black man, and the white kid started to beat the crap out of him, and the black man shot the white kid out of self defense, It would be the EXACT SAME THING. Not Guilty. Duh. I'm white, and I agree with the decision. Black man has to defend himself. You WOULD NOT see white people rioting if the case went Not Guilty. I'm fair dude. If ANY person has to defend themselves, and someone is physically harming them, then use any means necessary to get the person off you. Even if you have to kill them. You just going to let a burglar walk into your house and do whatever he wanted to you? Probably not. If a burglar came into my house, and started to physically harm me or my family... The only they leave is DEAD and in a BODY BAG to the morgue.

Woodruff wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:A man was assaulted, his head slammed into the concrete. He drew a gun and killed his attacker.

The reaction to Martin's death both before and after the verdict is a sad indication of how ill informed the public is, and a tragic demonstration showing that media in the United States has simply quit attempting to fulfill the duties which are its responsibility in a democratic society.

It's actually quite frightening, that the public can be so damned ignorant while American major media fabricates and edits so as to fan the flames of outrage they themselves have created.

No I agree. Public Radio and Fox News is about as close to the truth as it gets.

Oh good LORD, I can't believe you just said that crap.

Uh, yes. Liberal Media is a joke. Take MSNBC for example Chris Matthews should be fired. He is a disgrace. Fox is about as good as it gets.

Woodruff wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:2. 911 told him to stay in his car. I know that he got out. It would have not prevented the situation though.

Please explain how if Zimmerman had remained in his car as the police dispatcher asked him to, that it would not have prevented the situation? Because unless you're suggesting that Zimmerman would then have followed Martin IN HIS VEHICLE, he wouldn't have been approaching Martin to create the situation at all.

Jdsizzleslice wrote:So answer this question. WHY would Zimmerman decide to shoot him... Zimmerman is of Hispanic decent, and Martin is of African American decent. So that throws the race card out of the question.

Uh...what the hell? That's just a thoroughly ignorant statement.

Now, I DON'T think race was particularly a motivator for Zimmerman. But to suggest that race wouldn't be an issue between a black person and a Hispanic person is ignorant in the extreme.

It isn't ignorant. It throws the race card out for those who are trying to play it. Zimmerman isn't a "White Hispanic" Just Hispanic. You're being very ignorant though saying you don't think it was a motivator but yet say my statement was ignorant. You are being ignorant yourself by saying that.

lokisgal wrote:Lets remember we are replying to someone who thinks FOX is the authority on new....
nuff said on that

Yes. Way better than MSNBC, like stated earlier.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:06 am

Hey, y'all know the federal government is probably going to try Zimmerman for civil-rights abuse?

The Justice Department said Sunday it would weigh whether to file federal criminal charges against George Zimmerman after his acquittal in a shooting that set off a searing national debate over racial justice and self-defense laws.

Its statement came as groups including the NAACP and the American Civil Liberties Union urged U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to open a federal civil-rights case against Mr. Zimmerman, the former neighborhood-watch captain who shot and killed Trayvon Martin.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 47968.html

In the meantime, James Clapper isn't being prosecuted for knowingly lying to Congress. But hey, let's get outraged about a case which doesn't really affect us. Let's get trapped in the upcoming racial debate and see how far that gets others.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Woodruff on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:10 am

Jdsizzleslice wrote:Let the hating begin folks.

It's not hating to point out your ignorant statements.

Jdsizzleslice wrote:No, I live in Alabama. But I have been to Florida and the Area you are talking about before. No one was there. No one knows why Martin was in the Neighborhood. But we know why Zimmerman was. We saw the photos of Zimmerman and his broken nose and cuts on his head.

Actually, we do know why Martin was in the neighborhood. Seriously...this is your level of knowledge of the situation? I guess this is what happens when you think that Fox News is the truth.

Jdsizzleslice wrote:And about that link. If a white kid was walking in a neighborhood where he didn't live or belong

Didn't belong? On the day Martin was fatally shot, he and his father were visiting his father's fiancƩe and her son at her townhome in The Retreat at Twin Lakes in Sanford, a multi-ethnic gated community, where the shooting occurred.

Jdsizzleslice wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:

The reaction to Martin's death both before and after the verdict is a sad indication of how ill informed the public is, and a tragic demonstration showing that media in the United States has simply quit attempting to fulfill the duties which are its responsibility in a democratic society.

It's actually quite frightening, that the public can be so damned ignorant while American major media fabricates and edits so as to fan the flames of outrage they themselves have created.

No I agree. Public Radio and Fox News is about as close to the truth as it gets.

Uh, yes. Liberal Media is a joke. Take MSNBC for example Chris Matthews should be fired. He is a disgrace. Fox is about as good as it gets.

Fox is at least as embarrassing as MSNBC is. Fox News is absolutely a joke. If you want actual news, you unfortunately have to go outside of the United States for it.

Woodruff wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:2. 911 told him to stay in his car. I know that he got out. It would have not prevented the situation though.

Please explain how if Zimmerman had remained in his car as the police dispatcher asked him to, that it would not have prevented the situation? Because unless you're suggesting that Zimmerman would then have followed Martin IN HIS VEHICLE, he wouldn't have been approaching Martin to create the situation at all.

No answer for this one, I take it?

Jdsizzleslice wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:So answer this question. WHY would Zimmerman decide to shoot him... Zimmerman is of Hispanic decent, and Martin is of African American decent. So that throws the race card out of the question.

Now, I DON'T think race was particularly a motivator for Zimmerman. But to suggest that race wouldn't be an issue between a black person and a Hispanic person is ignorant in the extreme.

It isn't ignorant. It throws the race card out for those who are trying to play it.

It does nothing of the sort. Gang lines are frequently drawn between Hispanics and blacks.

Jdsizzleslice wrote:Zimmerman isn't a "White Hispanic" Just Hispanic.

You do realize that Hispanic is an ethnicity related to being Caucasian, right?

Jdsizzleslice wrote:You're being very ignorant though saying you don't think it was a motivator but yet say my statement was ignorant. You are being ignorant yourself by saying that.

Explain to me how my statement that I don't believe Zimmerman's actions were racially motivated is ignorant. I can only presume that you're contending that Zimmerman's actions WERE racially motivated then?

Jdsizzleslice wrote:
lokisgal wrote:Lets remember we are replying to someone who thinks FOX is the authority on new....
nuff said on that

You are drinking so much Kool-Aid you should be able to bust through a wall by now.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:19 am

2. 911 told him to stay in his car. I know that he got out. It would have not prevented the situation though.

Just keeping it straight, the dispatcher did not tell him to "stay in his car" or "not to follow him" and Zimmerman was already out of the car when the dispatcher said "are you following him now?" and Zimmerman said "yes" where upon the dispatcher said "We don't need you to do that sir" then Zimmerman replied "OKAY"
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:22 am

muy_thaiguy wrote:If I remember right, Zimmerman had called the police, told them that there was a kid on the sidewalk, police told him to wait in the car until the actual cops showed up, Zimmerman gets out of car (ignores cops), approaches said teen with a gun, and then this mess happens.

Incorrect. See above. I posted the entire 911 call in this thread, and we have been over the facts too many times for this to keep happening.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:33 am

Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
oVo wrote:
phatscotty wrote:: I was surprised to learn that the only one who used a racial slur turned out to be Trayvon Martin himself, in how he described Zimmerman to his girlfriend in a text.

You don't know --with any certainty-- what words were exchanged between Zimmerman and Martin.

Yes there is certainty. Trayvon called Zimmerman the C word, and it's in a text message Trayvon sent to his girlfriend, and it is confirmed by the testimony of Trayvon's girlfriend.

Nobody said anything about conversation between Trayvon and Zimmerman.

And by not referring to the conversation between Trayvon and Zimmerman, your statement that Martin "was the only one who used a racial slur" becomes evident as the lie that it is. Stop lying, Phatscotty.

Who else used a racial slur? (be sure to dodge the question completely and change the subject to who I have foed)
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:37 am

Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Not to mention, you seem to state as a fact impossible that Trayvon ambushed Zimmerman. A resident chasing a stranger out of a crime ridden neighborhood is not escalation...it's common sense.

Actually, it is BY DEFINITION "escalation". Seriously...do you English at all, Phatscotty?

Getting out of the car to talk to Trayvon is called conversation, moron.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:40 am

Woodruff wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:Let the hating begin folks.

It's not hating to point out your ignorant statements.

Jdsizzleslice wrote:No, I live in Alabama. But I have been to Florida and the Area you are talking about before. No one was there. No one knows why Martin was in the Neighborhood. But we know why Zimmerman was. We saw the photos of Zimmerman and his broken nose and cuts on his head.

Actually, we do know why Martin was in the neighborhood. Seriously...this is your level of knowledge of the situation? I guess this is what happens when you think that Fox News is the truth.

Jdsizzleslice wrote:And about that link. If a white kid was walking in a neighborhood where he didn't live or belong

Didn't belong? On the day Martin was fatally shot, he and his father were visiting his father's fiancƩe and her son at her townhome in The Retreat at Twin Lakes in Sanford, a multi-ethnic gated community, where the shooting occurred.

Jdsizzleslice wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:

Fox is at least as embarrassing as MSNBC is. Fox News is absolutely a joke. If you want actual news, you unfortunately have to go outside of the United States for it.

Woodruff wrote:

No answer for this one, I take it?

Jdsizzleslice wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

It isn't ignorant. It throws the race card out for those who are trying to play it.

It does nothing of the sort. Gang lines are frequently drawn between Hispanics and blacks.

Jdsizzleslice wrote:Zimmerman isn't a "White Hispanic" Just Hispanic.

You do realize that Hispanic is an ethnicity related to being Caucasian, right?

Jdsizzleslice wrote:You're being very ignorant though saying you don't think it was a motivator but yet say my statement was ignorant. You are being ignorant yourself by saying that.

Explain to me how my statement that I don't believe Zimmerman's actions were racially motivated is ignorant. I can only presume that you're contending that Zimmerman's actions WERE racially motivated then?

Jdsizzleslice wrote:
nuff said on that

You are drinking so much Kool-Aid you should be able to bust through a wall by now.

Race was an issue to Trayvon. He used a racial slur to describe Zimmerman.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:41 am

Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

I'm not upset by the judgement. Not at all, actually...I think it was probably the right one.

I AM frankly upset that the situation occurred at all, on several levels. I DO consider Zimmerman to be primarily responsible that this particular situation occurred, as well. I don't think that's unreasonable at all.

Why do you consider Zimmerman to be primarily responsible? To be fair, I haven't read much about the situation, but it appears that a neighborhood watch individual saw a suspicious looking person walking around the neighborhood, approached that person, was attacked, and shot him. The only way I would consider Zimmerman primarily responsible was if he was not supposed to have a gun.

If I remember right, Zimmerman had called the police, told them that there was a kid on the sidewalk, police told him to wait in the car until the actual cops showed up, Zimmerman gets out of car (ignores cops), approaches said teen with a gun, and then this mess happens.

If I'm Martin and see a guy coming at me with a gun and no badge, my flight or fight instinct would probably kick in too.

That said, I see both sides, and all I can really call it is a huge mess that should never had escalated that far.

911 dispatchers are NOT cops and their instructions are not law. Their instructions are recommendations, but no person is legally responsible to follow them. Police officers cannot give orders if they are not on the scene of a situation, even to their own subordinates, so even that wouldn't be a factor.

There's no indication that Zimmerman approached Martin. In fact, he stopped following Martin when the dispatcher asked and he had lost him from sight at one point anyway. There has never been any evidence presented that Zimmerman was walking around trying to stalk someone with his gun drawn like a police officer would be when getting into position around a house.

STOP SPECULATING AND DISCUSS FACTS. It's this type of stupid drivel that's causing all the idiotic comments in the media and the uninformed rioters.

Unless you agree with Night Strike, in which case he's more than happy to see you speculate.

Or.....Muythaiguy has the facts wrong/did not remember correctly, but look past that and cheap shot Night Strike who has the facts correct.

You don't worry about being intellectually honest much, do you? Perhaps if you spent less time being a cyber-bully...
Major Phatscotty

Postby Iliad on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:01 am

Night Strike wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Trayvon himself was worreid enough that he called his friend and told her that someone was following him and asked Zimmerman:"Why are you following me man?"

The verdict was a joke.
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:11 am

Iliad wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Trayvon himself was worreid enough that he called his friend and told her that someone was following him and asked Zimmerman:"Why are you following me man?"

The verdict was a joke.

The verdict was a joke, but not for the reasons I suspect you think so. It's joke because the jury came to the exact same conclusion that was reached the night of the shooting, which wasted millions of dollars, led to thug mobs jumping innocent white people and severely ruining innocent peoples lives, and displayed the ugliest racism by racist Liberals and blacks I have seen in my life, not to mention completely destroying race relations far more than you could ever fear Mitt Romney would if he got elected.

The prosecutor should be disbarred, and probably will be. The biggest joke was that there was even a trial.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Iliad on Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:58 am

Phatscotty wrote:
The verdict was a joke, but not for the reasons I suspect you think so. It's joke because the jury came to the exact same conclusion that was reached the night of the shooting, which wasted millions of dollars, led to thug mobs jumping innocent white people and severely ruining innocent peoples lives, and displayed the ugliest racism by racist Liberals and blacks I have seen in my life, not to mention completely destroying race relations far more than you could ever fear Mitt Romney would if he got elected.

The prosecutor should be disbarred, and probably will be. The biggest joke was that there was even a trial.

If being outraged by the Trayvon Martin case was the ugliest racism you've ever seen then you''ve lived an extremely sheltered life with impressive wilful blindness. And all those racist blacks should just shut up and stop being outraged, eh Scotty?

A man pursued a teenager at night, followed him and antagonised him until a conflict eurpted and then claimed self defence to murder a teenager. It's a disgusting verdict
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:08 am

Iliad wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

If being outraged by the Trayvon Martin case was the ugliest racism you've ever seen then you''ve lived an extremely sheltered life with impressive wilful blindness. And all those racist blacks should just shut up and stop being outraged, eh Scotty?

A man pursued a teenager at night, followed him and antagonised him until a conflict eurpted and then claimed self defence to murder a teenager. It's a disgusting verdict

I said nothing about the outrage being racist, in fact I said nothing about any outrage at all. That is a figment of your own sheltered imagination. Since you seem to be the sheltered one about this story and think that is the only racism over the last year, but nonetheless continue having strong opinions somehow, I can elaborate. The racism I was referring to was things like the Black Panthers calling for Zimmerman to be lynched, people wearing "Kill whitey Zimmerman" t-shirts, mobs of blacks beating up innocent white senior citizens solely because their skin is white and yelling "this is for Trayvon!" Not to mention the fact that if Zimmerman were black, nobody would have ever heard about this story, the only reason it's big news is because Zimmerman was not black and people think he's white.

The self defense happened in when Trayvon was smashing Zimmerman's head into the concrete. Get a clue. Trayvon is the one who "erupted". All he had to do was say "I'm staying at my dads, Mr. Martin" But given that he was using racial slurs describing Zimmerman, it's clear who had a chip on their shoulder that night. It's also clear from Trayvon's past texts that he liked to get in fights and bragged about beating people up.

Zimmerman was just protecting his crime plagued neighborhood. There is nothing wrong at all with approaching a stranger who does not live in the community and asking him what he's doing. Nothing at all. It's the way Trayvon handled the situation that made it into what it is.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Iliad on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:44 am

Phatscotty wrote:
Iliad wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

I said nothing about the outrage being racist, in fact I said nothing about any outrage at all. That is a figment of your own sheltered imagination. Since you seem to be the sheltered one about this story and think that is the only racism over the last year, but nonetheless continue having strong opinions somehow, I can elaborate. The racism I was referring to was things like the Black Panthers calling for Zimmerman to be lynched, people wearing "Kill whitey Zimmerman" t-shirts, mobs of blacks beating up innocent white senior citizens solely because their skin is white and yelling "this is for Trayvon!"

Hahahahahahaha.

Phatscotty wrote: Not to mention the fact that if Zimmerman were black, nobody would have ever heard about this story, the only reason it's big news is because Zimmerman was not black and people think he's white.

Yeah, this would not be news if Zimmerman was black. For once we agree. If Zimmerman was black, and he had pursued a white teenager and then shot him and claimed self defence he would've been charged and thrown in jail before a single reporter heard about it. There was literally another case in Florida where a black woman received 20 year in jail for firing warning shots with her gun at her husband despite her claiming the stand your ground laws.

Phatscotty wrote:The self defense happened in when Trayvon was smashing Zimmerman's head into the concrete. Get a clue. Trayvon is the one who "erupted". All he had to do was say "I'm staying at my dads, Mr. Martin" But given that he was using racial slurs describing Zimmerman, it's clear who had a chip on their shoulder that night. It's also clear from Trayvon's past texts that he liked to get in fights and bragged about beating people up.All you are missing is some common sense.

It's kinda disgusting how Trayvon was put on trial instead essentially. The latent racial undercurrents in calling him a thug and so really went beyond subtext and into the almost outright said zone.
Why was he required to say anything, or have to explain himself to some trumped up vigilante who was playing at being a cop, but only highlighting his own personality? Zimmerman had no jurisdiction, no jurisprudence, no authority. If some older, bigger, man with a gun is following me at night and I should meekly obey him at all times or otherwise my life is forfeit? Excellent legal precedent set right there.

Where was Trayvon Martin's right to stand his ground here? I can't imagine how terrifying it would be to be persistently followed by someone in a car, then on foot, while I'm walking home alone at night. Zimmerman pursued him, antagonised him, created the conflict, and shot him because he thought he was losing that same fight he was responsible for. Not guilty is not a just verdict.
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby Nobunaga on Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:56 am

nuff said on that

That's funny. I don't watch TV news, but FOX was once again rated as most trusted and most watched television news program for 2013.

Still, I know FOX is bent right, but it's a matter of degree when you make the comparisons.
Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Postby Nobunaga on Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:05 am

Let's not forget:

In October 2011, after a video surveillance camera caught Martin writing graffiti on a door, MDSPD Office Darryl Dunn searched Martinā€™s backpack, looking for the marker he had used. Officer Dunn found 12 pieces of womenā€™s jewelry and a manā€™s watch, along with a flathead screwdriver the officer described as a ā€œburglary tool.ā€ The jewelry and watch, which Martin claimed he had gotten from a friend he refused to name, matched a description of items stolen during the October 2011 burglary of a house on 204th Terrace, about a half-mile from the school.

Martin was indeed a thug.

http://spectator.org/blog/2013/07/15/tr ... hool-miami
Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Postby chang50 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:13 am

Nobunaga wrote:
nuff said on that

That's funny. I don't watch TV news, but FOX was once again rated as most trusted and most watched television news program for 2013.

Still, I know FOX is bent right, but it's a matter of degree when you make the comparisons.

Only in one country,it has never been voted most trusted in the vast majority of countries where it is shown.Most of my UK friends regard it as something of a joke,concentrating almost exclusively on USA domestic stories with a hard far right bias.
Captain chang50

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:06 am

muy_thaiguy wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

If that is the case, then Zimmerman is primarily responsible.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:07 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:Hey, y'all know the federal government is probably going to try Zimmerman for civil-rights abuse?

The Justice Department said Sunday it would weigh whether to file federal criminal charges against George Zimmerman after his acquittal in a shooting that set off a searing national debate over racial justice and self-defense laws.

Its statement came as groups including the NAACP and the American Civil Liberties Union urged U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to open a federal civil-rights case against Mr. Zimmerman, the former neighborhood-watch captain who shot and killed Trayvon Martin.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 47968.html

In the meantime, James Clapper isn't being prosecuted for knowingly lying to Congress. But hey, let's get outraged about a case which doesn't really affect us. Let's get trapped in the upcoming racial debate and see how far that gets others.

What in the actual f*ck?! Someone's getting a sternly written letter (amirite Mets? isn't that how this is supposed to work?).

Postby Dualta on Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:09 am

Martin was murdered. Florida's laws are outrageous, and their application often totally racist.

[YouTube]http://youtu.be/hVTPily3ZyU[/YouTube]
Brigadier Dualta

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:23 am

Iliad wrote:There was literally another case in Florida where a black woman received 20 year in jail for firing warning shots with her gun at her husband despite her claiming the stand your ground laws.

That's what happens when you have trials... you get different verdicts and different punishments. Perhaps you have a better way? For what it's worth, the jury in both cases (the Zimmerman case and the case you refer to above) were picked by the prosecution and defense and were as unbiased as one could get (assuming the jurors didn't lie under voir dire).

In my limited experience with high profile cases involving race (and by experience, I mean seeing the news), there tends to be an avoidance of racism against the minority party (I suppose in this case both Martin and Zimmerman were minorities, but I suppose that also depends on what media outlet you're getting your information from - some places called Zimmerman white and some called him Hispanic; not to go on a tangent, but all media outlets call the president black, when he's as white as Zimmerman is).

Iliad wrote:It's kinda disgusting how Trayvon was put on trial instead essentially. The latent racial undercurrents in calling him a thug and so really went beyond subtext and into the almost outright said zone.

Again, that's what happens in trials when an attorney is trying to defend his or her client. You put the victim on trial. Happens in murder cases, happens in rape cases, happens all the time. It's rarely effective (again, in my limited experience).

Iliad wrote:I can't imagine how terrifying it would be to be persistently followed by someone in a car, then on foot, while I'm walking home alone at night. Zimmerman pursued him, antagonised him, created the conflict, and shot him because he thought he was losing that same fight he was responsible for.

Again, you Brits with your weird logic. You're essentially inferring (chang also inferred it) that if someone is following you, it is perfectly legal and justifiable for you to turn around and slam that person's face in the curb. I keep reading about how Zimmerman created the situation; why aren't those same people holding Martin responsible? There are many different scenarios whereby Martin would have remained alive. He could have said, "Sir, I'm walking to my father's house" or he could have just kept walking and ignored Zimmerman or he could have let Zimmerman take him into custody (I would not have chosen that route given the penchant for people to impersonate police officers and the like) or he could have, you know, called the fucking police instead of texting his girlfriend if he thought some asshole was following him (that would have been my decision). Instead, Martin turned around, beat the shit out of a guy and was shot. I have nothing but contempt for Zimmerman, mostly because I think he's an idiot and should have been punished in some way, but I absolutely will not have sympathy for Martin beyond that the kid is dead.

This is a non-story that was made into a huge story by a national media looking for ratings and playing about the racism of black people and white people. Black teenagers are shot on a regular basis in this country and their killers go free on a regular basis. But if someone whose last name sounds white kills an "innocent" teenager, it's national news (if you're watching MSNBC and others... and the president, I suppose). Or if someone who is a hard-working Hispanic man carrying a gun defends himself against a hardened juvenile delinquent who attacked him, it's national news (if you're watching Fox News and others). The way you all have been played by your respective media choices and biases is absurd, but not surprising (for some, others do surprise me - like you Iliad and chang50 - you guys seemed smarter than this).

Re: Zimmerman Sues NBC

Postby The Voice on Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:35 am

notyou2 wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:
notyou2 wrote:
comic boy wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:Let the riots begin. I hope everyone here realizes that this had NOTHING to do with white people. Someone from a Hispanic descent was defending himself against a Black kid roaming the streets.

I think what you meant to say was ;
' A hispanic coward stalked a black kid for no other reason than the colour of his skin , he then got his arse kicked so murdered the innocent teenager in order to escape. '

That seems to be a fair and accurate statement of the facts. Pity the kid died.

Oh wait, neither of you live in the United States anyways...

Praise the Lawd.

We're happy, too. There's already plenty of hate in this country. :P
Major The Voice

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:31 am

Iliad wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Iliad wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

I said nothing about the outrage being racist, in fact I said nothing about any outrage at all. That is a figment of your own sheltered imagination. Since you seem to be the sheltered one about this story and think that is the only racism over the last year, but nonetheless continue having strong opinions somehow, I can elaborate. The racism I was referring to was things like the Black Panthers calling for Zimmerman to be lynched, people wearing "Kill whitey Zimmerman" t-shirts, mobs of blacks beating up innocent white senior citizens solely because their skin is white and yelling "this is for Trayvon!"

Hahahahahahaha.

Phatscotty wrote: Not to mention the fact that if Zimmerman were black, nobody would have ever heard about this story, the only reason it's big news is because Zimmerman was not black and people think he's white.

Yeah, this would not be news if Zimmerman was black. For once we agree. If Zimmerman was black, and he had pursued a white teenager and then shot him and claimed self defence he would've been charged and thrown in jail before a single reporter heard about it. There was literally another case in Florida where a black woman received 20 year in jail for firing warning shots with her gun at her husband despite her claiming the stand your ground laws.

Phatscotty wrote:The self defense happened in when Trayvon was smashing Zimmerman's head into the concrete. Get a clue. Trayvon is the one who "erupted". All he had to do was say "I'm staying at my dads, Mr. Martin" But given that he was using racial slurs describing Zimmerman, it's clear who had a chip on their shoulder that night. It's also clear from Trayvon's past texts that he liked to get in fights and bragged about beating people up.All you are missing is some common sense.

It's kinda disgusting how Trayvon was put on trial instead essentially. The latent racial undercurrents in calling him a thug and so really went beyond subtext and into the almost outright said zone.
Why was he required to say anything, or have to explain himself to some trumped up vigilante who was playing at being a cop, but only highlighting his own personality? Zimmerman had no jurisdiction, no jurisprudence, no authority. If some older, bigger, man with a gun is following me at night and I should meekly obey him at all times or otherwise my life is forfeit? Excellent legal precedent set right there.

Where was Trayvon Martin's right to stand his ground here? I can't imagine how terrifying it would be to be persistently followed by someone in a car, then on foot, while I'm walking home alone at night. Zimmerman pursued him, antagonised him, created the conflict, and shot him because he thought he was losing that same fight he was responsible for. Not guilty is not a just verdict.

He was not required to say anything, no. But, if he had, he would still be alive. So you can defend him being stubborn and having an attitude, but I think it's pretty simple to answer the question "what are you doing here" I was asked that question constantly as a child, I answered it almost every time, even if it wasn't the truth, just to keep from anything escalating. And if not, I could just about outrun anyone, which was also an option for Trayvon btw.

Trayon Martin had a right to stand his ground, and he did stand his ground. The problem is, he went way too far. When he knocked Zimmerman down with 1 punch, he could have went on his way regardless of what happened before and never heard about it again and bragged to his friends about how he knocked out some crac*er, but he went to far by then getting on top of Zimmerman and smashing his head into the cement, and that is where Zimmerman stood his ground. Up to that point, Trayvon's life was not in danger, not until the moment he went to far and tried to kill Zimmerman. Then and only then did Zimmerman pull out his gun, which says a lot that he had not pulled it out earlier and is also a key piece of the self defense. He didn't pull the gun until the last possible moment.

Again, I don't know where the hell you are getting your information, but it seems like the last time you heard the story was last March. You are still calling Zimmerman the bigger man??? Even though Trayvon was taller almost by a foot???? I'm kinda wasting my time here with these regurgitated pieces of bullshit people keep spewing, and I know it's not totally your fault, but Zimmerman, while he may have been older, was certainly not bigger.

Again, if someone were following you and asked what you were doing, and you were terrified, all you would have to do is communicate what it is you are doing. Then you would no longer be terrified, and you might even get a ride home from the neighborhood watchmen.

It's not disgusting at all that Trayvon was put on trial, he tried to beat someone to death. It just so happened the person he was trying to kill, for whatever reason, was not going to surrender his life and was prepared to defend himself. This is exactly what a gun is for.

You think calling Trayvon a thug is racial? I think you are being racist there suggesting only black people can be thugs???? Think about that for a minute.... HE WAS A THUG!!! You seem to be unable to put any of the blame on Trayvon for anything.

But here is the simple honest to God truth. Trayvon could have done MANY things differently that night, and he would still be alive. Zimmerman was not looking for a fight, Trayvon was. He bragged about getting in fights and how bad he beat people up. He was also a thief. That's what makes him a thug, not the color of his skin.

I think you cannot see any of these simple truths because of your own racism. btw, what was so funny? The part about the white senior citizens getting jumped in revenge for Trayvon Martin??
Major Phatscotty

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,