Conquer Club

Zimmerman vs. DMX - Boxing Match?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Concerning Zimmerman Verdict

Total votes : 0

Re: Zimmerman

Postby oVo on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:06 am

I suppose you're right, since Zimmerman was there
and witnessed the whole thing.
Major oVo

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:18 am

oVo wrote:I suppose you're right, since Zimmerman was there
and witnessed the whole thing.

Hearsay involves stuff that was said (not stuff that was seen). I guess you could argue that there was one eye witness who had a vested interest, but that's not hearsay. If we were dealing with something that was said (e.g. if Zimmerman testified, "Martin said 'I'm going to kill you.'") hearsay would normally apply. However, there is an exception to the hearsay objection/rule if the other party is not available for testimony (i.e. dead).
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:41 pm

In the court document filed this week, Scheibe accuses police of pressuring her.

"When I was being questioned by police, I felt very intimidated," she said. "I was not allowed to call an attorney nor was I allowed to eat or drink anything for a very long time."

Heather Smith, a spokeswoman for the Seminole County Sheriff's Office, denied that claim.

"As you know, we provided media with the 911 call from Ms. Scheibe, which occurred prior to deputies responding," she said. "Apparently, Ms. Scheibe may have misspoken about the facts of her interview as she had access to her phone and was provided with food."

(CNN) -- George Zimmerman's girlfriend is asking a judge to lift an order that blocks her from seeing him and says she doesn't want charges filed against him.

In a court document obtained by CNN Monday, Samantha Scheibe says she wants a no-contact provision against Zimmerman lifted so the couple can "talk and be together."

"I am not afraid of George in any manner and I want to be with him," she says.

Zimmerman was arrested on November 18 at Scheibe's Apopka, Florida, home after the two had a heated fight. According to a police report about the incident, Scheibe said that after an argument, Zimmerman broke a table with a shotgun and then pointed it at her "for a minute."

But in a signed affidavit filed by Zimmerman's attorney, Jayne Weintraub, Scheibe says Zimmerman "never pointed a gun at or toward my face in a threatening manner" and claims police misinterpreted her.

"I believe that the police misinterpreted me and that I may have misspoken about certain facts in my statement to the police," she said. "I do not feel that the arrest report accurately recounts what happened."

Zimmerman is accused of aggravated assault and misdemeanor counts of domestic violence battery and criminal mischief in the incident. His arraignment is scheduled for January 7.

Search in Zimmerman case turns up weapons, ammunition

He was released on $9,000 bail and has denied the accusations.

Zimmerman's attorney told HLN Monday that Scheibe had reached out to her through a lawyer. The statement, Weintraub said, is a sign that prosecutors should drop the case.

"All I can tell you is that from what I see, I would hope that the State Attorney's Office takes pause, takes a step back, exercises its discretion and declines prosecution," she said.

A judge last month ordered a number of conditions for Zimmerman's freedom -- including that he not possess weapons.

"I do not want George Zimmerman charged," Scheibe wrote. "I make this decision freely, knowingly and voluntarily, without any intimidation or undue influences."

Lynne Bumpus Hooper, a spokeswoman for the State Attorney's Office, said prosecutors haven't decided yet whether to file charges in the case.

No hearing has been scheduled on the motion to modify the conditions of pretrial release, she said.

The November incident came four months after Zimmerman, a former neighborhood watch captain, was acquitted of second-degree murder and manslaughter charges in the death of teenager Trayvon Martin.

The high-profile case sparked a heated nationwide discussion of race as well as debate over Florida's "stand your ground" law.

His attorney says that's another reason prosecutors should reconsider the November case.

"Because of who he is, he's walking around with a target on his back," Weintraub told HLN.
Major Phatscotty

Re: Zimmerman the Pop Artist

Postby oVo on Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:10 am

I'm surprised by Zimmerman's claim to be over $2 million in debt and even more surprised by his reported debut as an artist on eBay.
Major oVo

Re: Zimmerman - Charges Dropped?

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:35 pm

Major Phatscotty

Re: Zimmerman - Charges Dropped?

Postby mrswdk on Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:32 pm

Zimmerman's got his girlfriend firmly under control then.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Re: Zimmerman vs. DMX - Boxing Match!

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:18 pm

DMX & George Zimmerman Boxing Match Confirmed

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.2 ... -confirmed

DMX, reportedly one of 15,000 applicants who wanted to box against Zimmerman, recently spoke about his desire to participate in the boxing match.

"I am going to beat the living f*ck out him,ā€ DMX said of Zimmerman, who agreed to a boxing match against a celebrity. "I am breaking every rule in boxing to make sure I f*ck him right up...Once I am done with him, I am going to whip my dick out and piss on him...right in his muthafckin' face...Zimmerman is a piece of shit and thatā€™s what he needs to drink."

The official date, time and location of the boxing match are set to be announced Wednesday, February 12. The boxing match is slated to last three rounds.

DMX was not the only rapper to volunteer to enter the boxing match. Game also said he was willing to box against George Zimmerman.

"I will beat the f*ck out of him," Game said recently, according toTMZ. "I would not be boxing for me. I'd be boxing for the legacy of Trayvon Martin and for his family...I would box him to knock him out. I would definitely take pleasure in it. It's legal, and I want to show him you can solve your disputes without a weapon."

still my fav DMX song, even if he gets totally embarrassed by Zimmerman
Major Phatscotty

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:38 pm

Phatscotty wrote:still my fav DMX song, even if he gets totally embarrassed by Zimmerman

Is that because Zimmerman is bringing a gun to the boxing match?

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby oVo on Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:39 pm

A Three Round Bout? Probably good for him to get it out
before his black rage gets him trouble again.

I'm wondering what other things he can do for money?
Major oVo

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:41 pm

oVo wrote:I'm wondering what other things he can do for money?

This sounds like a series of entries in the Free Market in America topic.

--Andy
Last edited by AndyDufresne on Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:06 pm

You guys should listen to the promoter speak. He's very entertaining (a Philadelphia-area guy).

A few nitpicks:

DMX wrote:piss on him...right in his muthafckin' face...Zimmerman is a piece of shit and thatā€™s what he needs to drink."

His sentence structure indicates that he believes Zimmerman needs to drink shit, which then seems to indicate that DMX urinates shit. Which would be weird.

The Game wrote:It's legal, and I want to show him you can solve your disputes without a weapon."

It's not legal to get into a fistfight, The Game.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:35 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
The Game wrote:It's legal, and I want to show him you can solve your disputes without a weapon."

TGD, I am not sure The Game wants your unsolicited legal advice and expertise?!!?

--Andy

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:05 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

TGD, I am not sure The Game wants your unsolicited legal advice and expertise?!!?

--Andy

If he doesn't, then piss in his face!
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:27 pm

thegreekdog wrote:You guys should listen to the promoter speak. He's very entertaining (a Philadelphia-area guy).

A few nitpicks:

DMX wrote:piss on him...right in his muthafckin' face...Zimmerman is a piece of shit and thatā€™s what he needs to drink."

His sentence structure indicates that he believes Zimmerman needs to drink shit, which then seems to indicate that DMX urinates shit. Which would be weird.

LMAO! Remember, DMX is a crackhead. No doubt he shits fluids
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:33 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:still my fav DMX song, even if he gets totally embarrassed by Zimmerman

Is that because Zimmerman is bringing a gun to the boxing match?

--Andy

DMX has been selling records for decades that glorify guns and murder, and besides the murder of his music career, he's committed more than a few felonies himself. Then think about all the shit he never got caught doing.

I don't think Zimmerman can hold X's waterbucket when it comes to guns and high crimes.

Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:02 pm

hmm

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/05/showbiz/z ... ing-match/

This time, he'll be stepping into a boxing ring. Although no contract has been signed, a promoter is negotiating with rapper DMX to fight him, according to the promoter and a rep for DMX.
"DMX has promised to 'beat his ass,' but no contract or paperwork has been signed or agreed to yet," DMX spokesman Domenick Nati told CNN Wednesday.
Zimmerman said the celebrity boxing match was his idea. Boxing was his hobby, he told Radar Online last month, even prior to the "incident."
The incident, of course, is the February 2012 encounter in which he shot dead an unarmed Trayvon Martin, 17. He stood trial for murder but was acquitted last year.
"Prior to the incident, I was actually going to the gym for weight loss and doing boxing-type training for weight loss," he told Radar.
"A mutual friend put me in contact with Damon and provided me with an opportunity and motivation to get back in shape and continue with my weight loss goals and also be able to help a charity out."
Damon is Damon Feldman, owner of Celebrity Boxing and a self-described opportunist whose claim to fame is putting together bizarre matchups. Think Tonya Harding, Michael Lohan.
He said last week that he was accepting offers for someone to step into the ring for a three-round, pay-per-view fight with Zimmerman.
"The news has been out for an hour and my e-mail is overloaded with 8,000 people wanting to fight George," Feldman told CNN on Thursday.
Early Wednesday morning, he said he'd picked the contender. Out of more than 15,000 e-mailed requests, he's going with DMX.
"The match will be one of the Biggest Celebrity Boxing matches of all time," his news release said (uppercase emphasis his).
But in order to find out where and when it will take place, we'll have to wait until next week. Feldman said Wednesday he was shooting for March 15.
DMX, as we know is a rapper, and braggadocio is his calling card.
He's out for blood, he told TMZ. Not only will he break every rule in boxing, he said, he'll "beat the living (expletive)" out of Zimmerman.
Not everyone welcomes the chance to see Zimmerman taking punches. Rev. Al Sharpton told a Los Angeles group Wednesday that he was concerned "about the precedent that it sets."
"We must be very careful not to glorify or in any way sidestep the implications of making someone whose only claim to fame was killing an unarmed young man named Trayvon Martin into a cultural celebrity or hero," Sharpton said.
A petition has been launched on Change.org calling for the planned boxing event to be canceled. "This is a blatant show of disrespect and nothing positive or righteous would come from such a stunt," it reads.
Ian Karmel, a writer for "Chelsea Lately," has a better idea.
"They should send Floyd Mayweather to the ring and tell George Zimmerman it's DMX," he tweeted. "He won't know the difference."
Major Phatscotty

Postby krallam on Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:27 pm

hahaha...
"only in America".
Corporal 1st Class krallam

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:50 pm

Stop! Drop! Shut 'em down, open up shop!
Ohhh, noo!
That's how ruff ryders roll!

Haha, how can you hate on DMX, Phatscottikins?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:13 am

Phatscotty wrote:Image

I think this sums up your involvement in this topic nicely. Thanks for doing my Star Trek gif work!

--Andy

Re: Zimmerman vs. DMX - Boxing Match?

Postby notyou2 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:49 am

Your fatness why do you continue to glorify an adult man that murdered an unarmed child?

WTF is wrong with you?????????
Captain notyou2

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:19 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Image

I think this sums up your involvement in this topic nicely. Thanks for doing my Star Trek gif work!

--Andy

The gif was for you, for the fail in linking the gun with Zimmerman, but not DMX. Tis okay, I knew someone would. Have you never heard any DMX lyrics over the last 20 years?

FYI, this thread is for Zimmerman and Martin. Anytime anything pops up about either of them, this is a good place to share it.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:40 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Stop! Drop! Shut 'em down, open up shop!
Ohhh, noo!
That's how ruff ryders roll!

Haha, how can you hate on DMX, Phatscottikins?

I aint hatin on X, just your pick for which song to glorify. Even though my song is better than yours, that doesn't mean I think a 43 year old who looks like he's 63 is going to win a boxing match against a 30 year old who has a 120 pound advantage....

I like 'Scenario 2000' best because it most closely resembles my lifestyle and experiences. It's like DMX grew up on the same block as me. At one time I had all his CD's, and even the DJ Rectangle remixes off Napster.

'Whats My Name' is easily #2

and who doesn't remember the classic....'Who We Be'? It's basically a Tea Party anthem.

Major Phatscotty

Re: Zimmerman vs. DMX - Boxing Match?

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:49 am

notyou2 wrote:Your fatness why do you continue to glorify an adult man that murdered an unarmed child?

WTF is wrong with you?????????

Oh, excuse me. I didn't mean to infringe on your narrative.

Major Phatscotty

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,