Conquer Club

Zimmerman vs. DMX - Boxing Match?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Concerning Zimmerman Verdict

Total votes : 0

Re: Trayvon/Zimmerman: Full Interview bottom of page 64

Postby GreecePwns on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:10 am

Honesty? He already lied about his finances in court, and its obvious he's lying in that Hannity (was it Hannity? I forgot.) interview, even Hannity sounded like he knew it.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby Night Strike on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:04 am

Woodruff wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:Could Phatscotty, Woodruff, and puppydog please answer the following:
Question: What are the facts that are in dispute which are relevant to what went down between Martin and Zimmerman?

Phatscotty claims it is a fact that Zimmerman did not punch Martin. I claim that this is not a fact. No one has shown that it is, indeed, a fact.

I addressed this directly, yet you ignored it or skipped right over it while "debating" Phatscotty.
Major Night Strike

Postby Woodruff on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:29 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:Could Phatscotty, Woodruff, and puppydog please answer the following:
Question: What are the facts that are in dispute which are relevant to what went down between Martin and Zimmerman?

Phatscotty claims it is a fact that Zimmerman did not punch Martin. I claim that this is not a fact. No one has shown that it is, indeed, a fact.

I addressed this directly, yet you ignored it or skipped right over it while "debating" Phatscotty.

Sorry, Night Strike. I didn't ignore it (and I suppose I should have responded to say so)...what you said supported my point (in my view), so I didn't see it as a refutation, so I didn't think I had anything to respond to.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Night Strike on Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:31 pm

Woodruff wrote:Sorry, Night Strike. I didn't ignore it (and I suppose I should have responded to say so)...what you said supported my point (in my view), so I didn't see it as a refutation, so I didn't think I had anything to respond to.

It very well may have supported your point, but as far as I know, as far as the law is concerned, if there is no sign of physical damage on either the person who threw the punch or on the person who received the punch, then the punch did not occur because it cannot be proven to have occurred. Phatscotty's point about it being a fact that Zimmerman never threw a punch might be an exaggeration or even false in the practical/real sense, but as far as the law is concerned, the currently released information indicates that Zimmerman did not throw a punch.
Major Night Strike

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:18 am

The amount of minute detail in this discussion is almost surreal.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Re: Zimmerman Files Suit Against NBC

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:58 pm

George Zimmerman Is Suing NBC For Making Him Look Like A Racist

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/george-z ... z2Af3hK7Ci

The man accused of killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin is attacking media giant NBC for its damning edit of his 911 calls.

Back in April, the "Today" Show aired a segment featuring a selectively edited version of the calls that made it seem like Zimmerman targeted Martin solely because the teen was black.

In NBC's version of the calls, Zimmerman said Martin "looks like he's up to no good. He looks black."

In reality, Zimmerman said Martin looked like he was on drugs and was just walking around in the rain. He only mentioned the teen's race when asked about it by the 911 dispatcher.

NBC has since apologized for the dreadful editing.

But that apology wasn't enough for Zimmerman, who is about to file a lawsuit against NBC, its president Steve Capus and correspondent Ron Allen, the New York Post reported early Thursday.
Major Phatscotty

Re: Zimmerman Preparing Lawsuit Against NBC

Postby Phatscotty on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:06 am

We are actually going to find out who was right and who was full of shit this whole time...

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/20 ... 8page%29/2

George Zimmerman judge OKs question: Who was the real Trayvon Martin?

The new judge in George Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial allowed defense attorneys to subpoena social media networks and peruse Trayvon Martinā€™s school records to determine whether the slain teen had a violent past.

In sparking a nationwide call for justice, Trayvon Martinā€™s parents painted the slain teenager as sweet, aspiring, and well-meaning ā€“ notions backed up by a baby-faced photo that led President Obama to suggest, ā€œIf I had a son, heā€™d look like Trayvon.ā€

But on Friday, a new judge in the second-degree murder case against George Zimmerman, the 29-year-old volunteer watchman accused of profiling, accosting, and then murdering an unarmed Trayvon on Feb. 26, made a major ruling that could alter that image.

Circuit Court Judge Debra Nelson allowed, with limitations, defense attorneys to dig deep into Trayvonā€™s social media scribblings and school records to determine whether the boy had a violent streak that may have put Mr. Zimmerman into a self-defense stance.

Whether any evidence dug up by Zimmermanā€™s defense team ever makes it to the media or the public will be up to Judge Nelson. But the ruling opens up a major new break in whatā€™s shaping up to be an emotional, heart-wrenching trial that will explore not just Zimmermanā€™s guilt, but the extent to which race played into both Zimmermanā€™s actions and decisions by police in the aftermath.

ā€œI have had anecdotal evidence that there were videos out there suggesting that [Trayvon] involved himself in MMA (mixed martial arts) fighting, he had an experience level with that,ā€ Mark Oā€™Mara, Zimmermanā€™s attorney, said after Fridayā€™s court hearing. ā€œI think the judge hit it on head ā€¦ that reputation for violence is an issue in this case.ā€

The shooting caused a national uproar about racial profiling and permissive gun laws when local police in Sanford, Fla., where Trayvon was killed, let Zimmerman go free, citing the 2005 ā€œstand your groundā€ law in Florida, which negated the legal doctrine of ā€œduty to retreatā€ in the face of an attack. Forty-four days later, a special prosecutor filed second degree murder charges against Zimmerman, who is now out on bond at an undisclosed location in Seminole County.

On Friday, Trayvonā€™s parents, Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton, called Judge Nelsonā€™s decision to allow the school and social media subpoenas a travesty, suggesting that by opening up Trayvonā€™s records it would allow defense attorneys to ā€œmake a dead child seem as if theyā€™re the perpetrator.ā€

Yet thereā€™s a sound legal reason for the judge allowing the defense to go on the offense, says George Dekle, a law professor at the University of Florida. True, he says, the prosecution has stated that the basic facts of the case ā€“ a grown man profiles a boy as a criminal, instigates a confrontation, then shoots him dead when the boy defends himself ā€“ substantiate a second-degree murder conviction.

But under Florida law, the nuances of the confrontation, and the actions of the victim, are all admissible in a self-defense claim.

The stand-your-ground law, which was cited by police when they originally let Zimmerman off without an arrest, doesnā€™t allow someone to instigate a fight and then immediately use deadly force. But if the tables are turned and the person is backed into a corner ā€“ or ends up with his back on the ground, as Zimmerman claims ā€“ a defendant can still claim that they acted in self-defense, Mr. Dekle says.

ā€œYou could analyze a lot of cases that are stand-your-ground cases as not having anything to do with stand your ground, because the person wasnā€™t in a position to run away anyhow,ā€ says Dekle.

To be sure, race continues to be a simmering undercurrent in the trial. In late September, a Trayvon family attorney, Ben Crump, told the Orlando Sentinel that, ā€œNobody believes that if you make Trayvon Martin white [and Zimmerman black], thereā€™s no way he would not be arrested. Thatā€™s why race is involved in this case.ā€

But this week, Mr. Oā€™Mara shot back in an online post, writing, ā€œWhile it can be safely argued that it is largely the question of civil rights issues that has made the George Zimmerman case a national ā€“ and international ā€“ story, there is nothing to support the contention of racism in the Zimmerman case.ā€

Either way, following a summer in which Zimmermanā€™s credibility came under heavy scrutiny after he and his wife colluded to lie to the court about their financial situation, the judgeā€™s ruling on Friday made it clear that Zimmermanā€™s defense team has found some traction in a case thatā€™s scheduled to go to trial on next June.

And while the race issue continues to define the case more broadly, it became clear this week that the tension in the case has come to revolve around whether Trayvonā€™s personality and whether the boyā€™s actions ā€“ not his race or his hoodie, which in part drew Zimmermanā€™s attention on the night of the shooting ā€“ played a role in the tragedy.

Trayvon had been on a 10-day suspension from his high school when he was killed. The suspension came after school officials found an empty marijuana baggie on him. An eyewitness to the shooting has also testified that Trayvon was straddling Zimmerman, punching him ā€œMMA-styleā€ in the moments before he was shot.

ā€œThe rules of evidence permit the defense to introduce evidence of a pertinent character trait in support of Zimmermanā€™s claim that [Trayvon] Martin was the aggressor,ā€ writes former defense attorney Frederick Leatherman on his popular law blog.

ā€œFor example, if Trayvon Martin was known to be an aggressive bully who started fights, the defense would be permitted to bring that out at trial,ā€ Mr. Leatherman writes. ā€œThe defense would be limited to introducing the evidence as a character trait. Assuming such evidence exists, which I doubt, it might be in the school records. Therefore, I believe the defense has a legitimate reason to want to review the records.ā€
Major Phatscotty

Postby notyou2 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:27 pm

...yeah, Zimmerman is going to need all the help he can get or fabricate.
Captain notyou2

Postby john9blue on Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:12 pm

notyou2 wrote:...yeah, Zimmerman is going to need all the help he can get or fabricate.

what do you think is fabricated?

i mean, you can believe what you want to in your own world, but in the real world we use conclusive evidence and the judicial process to decide guilt, not knee-jerk accusations of white-guilt-fueled racism.

i personally don't care whether one hispanic dude that i don't know happens to be racist or not. this case serves the purpose of being a fascinating insight into the racist mind of the modern american liberal.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:24 pm

john9blue wrote:Image

Implausible!

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby john9blue on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:36 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:

Implausible!

BMO

oh yes, i almost forgot. it's the rest of the country that is right-wing, and YOU that is in the center. because you are such a balanced, nuanced thinker.
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
Captain john9blue

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:57 pm

I was being sarcastic :D

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby john9blue on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:34 pm

then i hope you realize that there are people that actually think like that
Captain john9blue

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:05 am

Okay, you two modern American liberals need to settle down now before Uncle Sax paddles your bums and then keeps you in a room with him for timeout purposes. Not sure why he does that.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby notyou2 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:16 pm

john9blue wrote:
notyou2 wrote:...yeah, Zimmerman is going to need all the help he can get or fabricate.

i mean, you can believe what you want to in your own world, but in the real world we use conclusive evidence and the judicial process to decide guilt, not knee-jerk accusations of white-guilt-fueled racism.

i personally don't care whether one hispanic dude that i don't know happens to be racist or not. this case serves the purpose of being a fascinating insight into the racist mind of the modern american liberal.

Nice jump to a conclusion.

lrn2read
Captain notyou2

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:21 pm

john9blue wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:

Implausible!

BMO

oh yes, i almost forgot. it's the rest of the country that is right-wing, and YOU that is in the center. because you are such a balanced, nuanced thinker.

I put RDS at center left.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:21 pm

Major Phatscotty

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:28 pm

That'll rustle their jimmies.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Woodruff on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:29 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Image

Certainly, some folks like you are idolizing Zimmerman, I'll give you that.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:55 pm

He has become the most hated man in all the land, no?

Look what the media did to him

Major Phatscotty

Postby john9blue on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:00 pm

notyou2 wrote:
john9blue wrote:

Nice jump to a conclusion.

lrn2read

nice dodge

what do you think is fabricated? on what basis do you make that claim?
Captain john9blue

Postby Woodruff on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:34 pm

Phatscotty wrote:He has become the most hated man in all the land, no?

Not even remotely, no. It's a joke how some folks are putting him out as if he's some sort of a saint.

I guess the fantasy-land I-can-save-the-world-with-my-six-gun lunatics like yourself need someone you can pray to?

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:05 am

Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:He has become the most hated man in all the land, no?

Not even remotely, no.

Can you provide a few examples of who is more hated? "not even remotely, no" suggests you can do so verily.

Which other people are experiencing public calls for their lynching?
Major Phatscotty

Postby Baron Von PWN on Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:43 am

wasn't this like a year ago? hasn't the trialstarted yet?
Sergeant 1st Class Baron Von PWN

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:39 am

Baron Von PWN wrote:wasn't this like a year ago? hasn't the trialstarted yet?

They're waiting for Phatscotty to finish preparing Zimmerman's defense.

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,