Conquer Club

What video/computer game are you currently playing?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What video/computer game are you currently playing?

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:22 pm

I think I'm about 60-80 games years? Quite a few more ahead of me. My goal, if I become King again, is to try to take over the island of Ireland and claim it under my crown, since they are just bands of counties without a central government, so less risky than say invading England to my south.

Anyways, I am going to post other updates in the Longest Thread, Thread. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=914

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:04 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:I've picked up a nifty little amazingly frustrating Indie game called Antichamber.

Here's a gameplay video:

BMO

Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Lootifer on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:55 pm

Yeah agree that clip made me want to divide by zero.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:08 pm

Lootifer wrote:Yeah agree that clip made me want to divide by zero.

The whole game. I've been running in circles trying to figure out things. I almost got the second gun but it led me to believe an untruth. Sucked.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby notyou2 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:40 pm

The new Neverwinter Nights is out for beta testing
Captain notyou2

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:52 pm

notyou2 wrote:The new Neverwinter Nights is out for beta testing

I know I'm in the minority with this opinion, but I really wish companies would put out RPGs on their own and not make them MMORPGs. For example, I would love to play The Old Republic game, but I have no interest in playing an MMORPG. Same thing with Neverwinter Nights.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby muy_thaiguy on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:12 pm

thegreekdog wrote:

I know I'm in the minority with this opinion, but I really wish companies would put out RPGs on their own and not make them MMORPGs. For example, I would love to play The Old Republic game, but I have no interest in playing an MMORPG. Same thing with Neverwinter Nights.

Apparently with the Old Republic, once you max out your level, there is nothing else to do. At all.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:04 am

Sim City 5 is coming out next month I think. I haven't played really since the first or second Sim City and Sim Farm...Hm. I'm going to have to look into it.

--Andy

Postby Nendreel on Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:16 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

Apparently with the Old Republic, once you max out your level, there is nothing else to do. At all.

I've been playing TOR since shortly after it launched. At first there wasn't a lot of endgame stuff, mostly because the game was released WAY too early, but they've really been cranking out the content in the last few months.
Still if you don't like MMOs, then TOR won't change your mind.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:28 pm

Steam is having an epic sale for Crusader Kings II, the game I mentioned here. You can get it for 9.99. Quite a bit of the DLC is on sale cheap too.

--Andy

Postby Chenko21 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:33 pm

Hello there, thought I would share what i'm currently playing...

World of Tanks - been playing about a year, thoroughly enjoy the details of the tanks and the concept, but the more recent patches have made the play more frustrating ie: shot hits and penetrates but does 0 damage. Very annoying.
BF3 - run around and shoot people.
COD BO2 Zombies - run around and shoot zombies... MP COD is far more annoying than any fps I have played.
Mechwarrior Online - run around shoot robots.
Lego Starwars - I play this one with my Daughter :mrgreen:

Yes, I like to run around and shoot things. Too impatient nowadays for RTS, although I am looking forward to Company of Heroes 2.
Sergeant 1st Class Chenko21

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:05 pm

ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:01 pm

I like indie puzzle games (thus my Antichamber post, super fun to have beaten!). Next on my list, released a little over a week ago, is The Bridge:

Let's do it.

BMO

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:34 pm

Finally got my Total War games working again. For a while there, I would open them, get custom game or campaign game going, and then it would just shut down, no reason given. But now it works just fine.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby rishaed on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:50 pm

Lately I've been going in between GRO (Ghost Recon Online) and SWTOR. . . The only thing annoying about GRO is the fact that it crashes a lot for me.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby xeno on Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:20 am

If anyone has an iPad or iPhone and likes MOBAs ill be playing heroes of order and chaos. It's free and we can learn to get good at the stupid touch screen controls together. If I had a laptop I would be on league
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby Lil_SlimShady on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:17 pm

xeno wrote:If anyone has an iPad or iPhone and likes MOBAs ill be playing heroes of order and chaos. It's free and we can learn to get good at the stupid touch screen controls together. If I had a laptop I would be on league

Yeah, I play that but on the Android. It's stupid how Android and iPhone users cant play together because of different servers.
Captain Lil_SlimShady

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:14 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:I like indie puzzle games (thus my Antichamber post, super fun to have beaten!). Next on my list, released a little over a week ago, is The Bridge:

Let's do it.

BMO

Rds, the above game looks pretty interesting. Please provide me with a list of all these indie puzzle games you've played or are interested in playing. I've only played a handful. If on Steam, that would be the best.

k tnx n bye

--Andy

Postby Lootifer on Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:06 pm

Still playing GTA: SA. So good; just got back to grove street.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby xeno on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:14 am

Lil_SlimShady wrote:
xeno wrote:If anyone has an iPad or iPhone and likes MOBAs ill be playing heroes of order and chaos. It's free and we can learn to get good at the stupid touch screen controls together. If I had a laptop I would be on league

Yeah, I play that but on the Android. It's stupid how Android and iPhone users cant play together because of different servers.

Is this true? I wanted to play with my friends who all had galaxies. How long has this game been out? I've been looking for a way to play league but haven't been able to. I would put it on my own galaxy if the file wasn't so large and my Stellars screen so small in comparison to my mini
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:57 am

So, Sim City 5 has been released. I enjoyed playing some of the very old versions of Sim City back in the day. And as much as I'd like to get the game, I am not sure I will. Since it was just recently, the cost is more than I'd like to spend on a game. But my real concerns lie with the "necessary requirement of a constant internet connection" to play (no "offline mode"), and that it is on Origin exclusively, which I've never really liked. Hm.

--Andy

Postby Raptor Jesus on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:25 pm

Origin was forged in hell.

The only fair way to deal with EA's treatment of Sim City is to buy the game in a brick and mortar store but not go through with the Origin installation process. Just pull down a torrent of the game from piratebay at that point for a painless install with (ironically) no EA spyware. It will also rightfully contain the release date 'extra content' which should have been part of the main game instead of being sold separately at ridiculous prices.

EA is living in a dream world if they think they what they are doing to the once great titles that they get ahold of is a sustainable longterm practice for them or for the gaming industry. The craziest part is that when this backfires (and it very much will) their reaction will not be "we may have done something wrong" it will be "Sim City is dead as a genre - there is no consumer interest - let's can the series and focus on more online microtransaction games".

Gaming is very shaky territory at the moment; luckily the indie devs are alive and well.
Private 1st Class Raptor Jesus

Postby xeno on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:16 pm

Raptor Jesus wrote:Origin was forged in hell.

The only fair way to deal with EA's treatment of Sim City is to buy the game in a brick and mortar store but not go through with the Origin installation process. Just pull down a torrent of the game from piratebay at that point for a painless install with (ironically) no EA spyware. It will also rightfully contain the release date 'extra content' which should have been part of the main game instead of being sold separately at ridiculous prices.

EA is living in a dream world if they think they what they are doing to the once great titles that they get ahold of is a sustainable longterm practice for them or for the gaming industry. The craziest part is that when this backfires (and it very much will) their reaction will not be "we may have done something wrong" it will be "Sim City is dead as a genre - there is no consumer interest - let's can the series and focus on more online microtransaction games".

Gaming is very shaky territory at the moment; luckily the indie devs are alive and well.

The answer to this problem is old school rts's. the fan base is hardcore and doesn't put up with this corporate gaming bullshit meant to rob the gamer
Private 1st Class xeno

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:26 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:I like indie puzzle games (thus my Antichamber post, super fun to have beaten!). Next on my list, released a little over a week ago, is The Bridge:

Let's do it.

BMO

Rds, the above game looks pretty interesting. Please provide me with a list of all these indie puzzle games you've played or are interested in playing. I've only played a handful. If on Steam, that would be the best.

k tnx n bye

--Andy

Aye aye, Captain. I've only recently begun but I'm always on the lookout. A nice, cheap, and memorable puzzle game on Steam right now is the ever classic Myst ($5, I believe). By the team you beat that I will either be dead, or have a comprehensive list of every puzzle game known to man (and monkey).

BMO

Postby Symmetry on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:58 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:

Let's do it.

BMO

k tnx n bye

--Andy

Aye aye, Captain. I've only recently begun but I'm always on the lookout. A nice, cheap, and memorable puzzle game on Steam right now is the ever classic Myst ($5, I believe). By the team you beat that I will either be dead, or have a comprehensive list of every puzzle game known to man (and monkey).

BMO

$4 on gog.com, http://www.gog.com/. I don't mean to advertise, but I find them better than steam for the classics.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,