What video/computer game are you currently playing?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What video/computer game are you currently playing?

Postby betiko on Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:40 am

muy_thaiguy wrote:
betiko wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:
betiko wrote:sorry I haven't followed this thread at so... who plays halo 4 here?

I do, pistolpete8909 is my gamertag.

But jeez, mushroom biomes in minecraft are hard to find. Only one that I've found has several, but they are all small islands in the middle of an ocean map. And probably 1 tree for the whole entire map. And only animals are a couple of mooshrooms and squid. :(

cool, spadeseven here will add you. I'm not that good though! my kill death ratio is 0,72 I think I saw last time. some players are just way too brutal for me lol

Tell me about it. In matches against level 30s on down, I do alright. Lately though, I;ve been having to go up against guys with level 100 on up. You're lucky to get a shot off, let alone take them down (or see them, for that matter).

well the level means shit nothing in halo 4. In halo 2 & 3 multiplayer you had a system just like CC's ranks. I'm pretty sure lakattack was inspired by halo multiplayer when he created the ranking system. That meant something, but on halo 4 I don't know why they stopped doing it, now it's just points based on experience, and there is no more winning/losing points (depending on the opponent's level) where you can go to lieutenant to captain. now it's just about game experience, so a level 10 can totally be better than a level 110.

what is horrible is the crimson downloadable pack. only hardcore halo gamers downloaded it and I get asskicked pretty bad each time. I like more 4vs4 assassin or 8vs8, it's more casual and I can kick some ass.

i've finished the game and all 30 spartan ops missions in legendary so far, got 970 in acheivements and i'm level 58.
General betiko

Medals: 160
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

Postby muy_thaiguy on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:33 pm

betiko wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:
betiko wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:
betiko wrote:sorry I haven't followed this thread at so... who plays halo 4 here?

But jeez, mushroom biomes in minecraft are hard to find. Only one that I've found has several, but they are all small islands in the middle of an ocean map. And probably 1 tree for the whole entire map. And only animals are a couple of mooshrooms and squid. :(

cool, spadeseven here will add you. I'm not that good though! my kill death ratio is 0,72 I think I saw last time. some players are just way too brutal for me lol

Tell me about it. In matches against level 30s on down, I do alright. Lately though, I;ve been having to go up against guys with level 100 on up. You're lucky to get a shot off, let alone take them down (or see them, for that matter).

well the level means shit nothing in halo 4. In halo 2 & 3 multiplayer you had a system just like CC's ranks. I'm pretty sure lakattack was inspired by halo multiplayer when he created the ranking system. That meant something, but on halo 4 I don't know why they stopped doing it, now it's just points based on experience, and there is no more winning/losing points (depending on the opponent's level) where you can go to lieutenant to captain. now it's just about game experience, so a level 10 can totally be better than a level 110.

what is horrible is the crimson downloadable pack. only hardcore halo gamers downloaded it and I get asskicked pretty bad each time. I like more 4vs4 assassin or 8vs8, it's more casual and I can kick some ass.

i've finished the game and all 30 spartan ops missions in legendary so far, got 970 in acheivements and i'm level 58.

Level 27, but usually when I get put into games against high level guys, they're the guys that play for hours upon hours. Me, I'm more casual and "decent" with a DMR and stickies (have taken out my fair share of enemies, both in vehicles and on foot), but the way my luck goes, I spawn, find a good vantage point, and then on my way there, I get shot by 3 guys at once while my plasma grenade goes right through them.
Now is not the time to divide ourselves, to relish in letters by men long dead. Now is the time to come and work together in order to bring this country onto the right track. We are all citizens of this country, it is time to treat eachother as equals.
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby betiko on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:09 am

muy_thaiguy wrote:
betiko wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:
betiko wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:

Level 27, but usually when I get put into games against high level guys, they're the guys that play for hours upon hours. Me, I'm more casual and "decent" with a DMR and stickies (have taken out my fair share of enemies, both in vehicles and on foot), but the way my luck goes, I spawn, find a good vantage point, and then on my way there, I get shot by 3 guys at once while my plasma grenade goes right through them.

yeah i freakin love the dmr and the plasma grenades! I even hesitate when i find a sniper to replace the dmr, it just works so well on so many distance ranges. some people can use the sniper in close combat i don't know how they do it. are we the only 2 playing halo in here?
General betiko

Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (4)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (12) Training Achievement (2)

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:49 am

Looks like it.
Now is not the time to divide ourselves, to relish in letters by men long dead. Now is the time to come and work together in order to bring this country onto the right track. We are all citizens of this country, it is time to treat eachother as equals.

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1)

Postby xeno on Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:25 pm

I play I just don't own it so I can only play it when I'm smoking at a friends. The DMr went back to old school three shot finally!!!!! It's beast again!
Cadet xeno

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:24 pm

xeno wrote:I play I just don't own it so I can only play it when I'm smoking at a friends. The DMr went back to old school three shot finally!!!!! It's beast again!

That's the assault rifle. The DMR is single shot and highly accurate. Assault rifle is better at medium range, but not as accuarate at long range. Both are in Halo 4.

Postby aage on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:06 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:
xeno wrote:I play I just don't own it so I can only play it when I'm smoking at a friends. The DMr went back to old school three shot finally!!!!! It's beast again!

That's the assault rifle. The DMR is single shot and highly accurate. Assault rifle is better at medium range, but not as accuarate at long range. Both are in Halo 4.

I've never played xbox in my life but my roommate has one with Halo and I find DMR much more reliable than the rifle. The latter quite literally does no damage, and if you take just a very small time to get used to the aiming nothing beats DMR. Half of every multi we play, I'm scoping. Assault rifle's scope is a joke.

Also, you mean battle rifle. Which still sucks compared to DMR, imo.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:23 pm

Yeah that.

But secondary weapon seems about moot to me, unless it's some chicken who uses the plasma pistol to disable your vehicle. Me, I like hi-jacking or using plasma grenades. Stopped a few killing sprees by flanking them and tossing my 2 plasmas. Very handy.

Postby betiko on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:44 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:Yeah that.

But secondary weapon seems about moot to me, unless it's some chicken who uses the plasma pistol to disable your vehicle. Me, I like hi-jacking or using plasma grenades. Stopped a few killing sprees by flanking them and tossing my 2 plasmas. Very handy.

I hate the plasma pistol!
I usually use packages with fire power to have the assault rifle and the DMR. I love the promethean vision as a special skill too.
General betiko

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:11 am

betiko wrote:

I usually use packages with fire power to have the assault rifle and the DMR. I love the promethean vision as a special skill too.

I like the sentry. Good at holding areas that get lots of traffic, extra fire support, and useful for flanking.

Postby aage on Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:23 am

muy_thaiguy wrote:
betiko wrote:

I like the sentry. Good at holding areas that get lots of traffic, extra fire support, and useful for flanking.

Awareness is one of the better ones imho, specifically in tunnel maps which I don't know (as in, I don't know the map) because I played every map about five times now. I hate getting sneaked up on. I suppose fire power is useful if you bypass the awareness-necessity.

And yes, Prom vision is good.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby muy_thaiguy on Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:17 pm

aage wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:
betiko wrote:

Awareness is one of the better ones imho, specifically in tunnel maps which I don't know (as in, I don't know the map) because I played every map about five times now. I hate getting sneaked up on. I suppose fire power is useful if you bypass the awareness-necessity.

And yes, Prom vision is good.

I forget to use it, but I have an upgrade that keeps my enemy/friendly radar thing up even while scoped. Saved me moe than once from a fully speeding ghost.

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:46 am

I pre-ordered Fire Emblem: Awakening (console + game bundle). It was released today, can't wait to go grab my new and fancy 3DS:

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator

Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:08 pm

Playing Europa Universalis 3 again. What a great game. So many possibilities.
Sergeant thegreekdog

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:26 pm

thegreekdog wrote:Playing Europa Universalis 3 again. What a great game. So many possibilities.

TGD, I heard about this game long ago, but never got into it. What do you like about it the most? What makes it worth playing? I looked at a couple of snapshots on Google Image, and it seems kind of interesting.

I have heard more about Crusader Kings II, and it kind of looks like something I want to throw money at...

--Andy
Last edited by AndyDufresne on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby MoB Deadly on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:29 pm

Anyone play Black Ops 2.....???

Correction: anyone GOOD at Black ops 2?

PM ME
Art by: pershy | High Score: 2550
Lieutenant MoB Deadly

Medals: 143
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17)
General Achievement (11) Clan Achievement (37) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (1)

Postby Nendreel on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:03 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:I pre-ordered Fire Emblem: Awakening (console + game bundle). It was released today, can't wait to go grab my new and fancy 3DS

Lucky. I went to three different stores looking for FE today. All were sold out. :cry:
Sergeant Nendreel

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (1)

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:29 pm

Nendreel wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:I pre-ordered Fire Emblem: Awakening (console + game bundle). It was released today, can't wait to go grab my new and fancy 3DS

Lucky. I went to three different stores looking for FE today. All were sold out. :cry:

Amazon looks like it might have to be your friend here.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120
Retired Administrator

Medals: 90
Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (7) Training Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (9)

Postby Nendreel on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:43 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:
Nendreel wrote:

Amazon looks like it might have to be your friend here.

BMO

Already looked. Amazon itself is sold out until the 13th, and other sellers are doubling the price.
Looks like I'll have to buy it from the E-Shop.
Sergeant Nendreel

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (1)

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:02 am

So I purchased Crusader Kings II, plus some DLC that opens up Islamic empires for play as well. I've never really played an immense grand-strategy game, but I've been liking it quite a bit so far.

In the game I have going, I am the King of Scotland (about 17 years old, this is the 3rd king I've had control of), and the year is about 1100. England is in disarray because of viking invasions and squabbling among dukes and counts, and Ireland is segmented into independent counties.

So they both look ripe for expansion, if I can sure up some of my internal politics, since some of my vassals are revolting either to place an older dude on the throne or to forge an independent duchy for themselves. But I've put down their rebellions pretty well...but some alliances I've made with a few Spanish Kings aren't going so well, they want to see me assassinated I think, according to my spy master.

Did I mention I've had a bit of a falling out with the Catholic church as well? They liked my predecessors reasonably well, but my envoy to the Pope isn't doing very well ingratiating himself and our kingdom with the papacy, and of course, I've changed the laws to Free Investiture so I can install Bishops and Archbishops, instead of having Rome choose 'em. So, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I elevated my court chaplain to AntiPope status, and he openly contested the legitimacy of the Pope in Rome. But he ended up being a Cathar Heretic, so I just threw him in jail to rot, in hopes of smoothing things over with the Pope. Maybe I'll go on a crusade or something to make him feel better.

Pretty fun sandboxey game so far, and I've only been playing for like 40 game years, and I've got another 300 some years ahead of me.

show: Screenshots, though not of my game, of the game

--Andy
Retired Administrator

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Postby Gillipig on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:28 am

AndyDufresne wrote:So I purchased Crusader Kings II, plus some DLC that opens up Islamic empires for play as well. I've never really played an immense grand-strategy game, but I've been liking it quite a bit so far.

In the game I have going, I am the King of Scotland (about 17 years old, this is the 3rd king I've had control of), and the year is about 1100. England is in disarray because of viking invasions and squabbling among dukes and counts, and Ireland is segmented into independent counties.

So they both look ripe for expansion, if I can sure up some of my internal politics, since some of my vassals are revolting either to place an older dude on the throne or to forge an independent duchy for themselves. But I've put down their rebellions pretty well...but some alliances I've made with a few Spanish Kings aren't going so well, they want to see me assassinated I think, according to my spy master.

Did I mention I've had a bit of a falling out with the Catholic church as well? They liked my predecessors reasonably well, but my envoy to the Pope isn't doing very well ingratiating himself and our kingdom with the papacy, and of course, I've changed the laws to Free Investiture so I can install Bishops and Archbishops, instead of having Rome choose 'em. So, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I elevated my court chaplain to AntiPope status, and he openly contested the legitimacy of the Pope in Rome. But he ended up being a Cathar Heretic, so I just threw him in jail to rot, in hopes of smoothing things over with the Pope. Maybe I'll go on a crusade or something to make him feel better.

Pretty fun sandboxey game so far, and I've only been playing for like 40 game years, and I've got another 300 some years ahead of me.

show: Screenshots, though not of my game, of the game

--Andy

Sounds fun actually. You're tempting me a bit now. I don't have time to pick up a new time eating game now though. Reading the third book in the game of thrones series took more time than I had to spare. I'm supposed to be studiying you know ;). But in the future I might have the time. Can you play as Vikings as well? What time are we talking of here? When is the earliest you can start from?
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:50 am

The game's dates are from 1066 to something in the 1400s. The game's time can be sped up and slowed down, a la the Sims or Sim City type games if you've played those.

I understand that Vikings are going to be playable in a forthcoming DLC (somewhere between 4-9 dollars probably), and maybe some of the other Pagan groups in the Baltics and into Russia are going to be as well. I'll end up getting it.

--Andy
Retired Administrator

Postby Gillipig on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:46 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:The game's dates are from 1066 to something in the 1400s. The game's time can be sped up and slowed down, a la the Sims or Sim City type games if you've played those.

I understand that Vikings are going to be playable in a forthcoming DLC (somewhere between 4-9 dollars probably), and maybe some of the other Pagan groups in the Baltics and into Russia are going to be as well. I'll end up getting it.

--Andy

But as of now you can't play as Vikings. Which civilzations can you play as? No earlier than 1066? That was just the year the Vikings officially lost control of the British Islands. Seems like Vikings are the enemy in this game. I don't think this game is geared towards a scandinavian market lol.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:59 pm

Gillipig wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:The game's dates are from 1066 to something in the 1400s. The game's time can be sped up and slowed down, a la the Sims or Sim City type games if you've played those.

--Andy

But as of now you can't play as Vikings. Which civilzations can you play as? No earlier than 1066? That was just the year the Vikings officially lost control of the British Islands. Seems like Vikings are the enemy in this game. I don't think this game is geared towards a scandinavian market lol.

Pretty much everyone is the enemy in this game.

You have different levels of play you can choose to start from (more difficult to work your way up if you start lower, but if you start really big as well, you have a lot of manage from the get go). There are some "Empires," like the Holy Roman Empire, Byzantine Empire, and some Islamic empires with the DLC, then there are "Kingdoms" like my Scotland, or Poland, or France, Hungary, Norway, or Sweden, the Danes, or Leon in the Iberia Peninsula, or a Russian ethnic group off in the east, etc, and then there is a level below that where you could start out with a "Duchy" or collection of Counties, like Bohemia in the Holy Roman Empire, and then there is a level where you could start out with a single County, like say Tuscanny for instance.

The Viking DLC I think will have an earlier start date in the 800's. It is called Old Gods or something if you want to google and read about it.

--Andy
Retired Administrator

Postby Gillipig on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:49 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

--Andy

Pretty much everyone is the enemy in this game.

You have different levels of play you can choose to start from (more difficult to work your way up if you start lower, but if you start really big as well, you have a lot of manage from the get go). There are some "Empires," like the Holy Roman Empire, Byzantine Empire, and some Islamic empires with the DLC, then there are "Kingdoms" like my Scotland, or Poland, or France, Hungary, Norway, or Sweden, the Danes, or Leon in the Iberia Peninsula, or a Russian ethnic group off in the east, etc, and then there is a level below that where you could start out with a "Duchy" or collection of Counties, like Bohemia in the Holy Roman Empire, and then there is a level where you could start out with a single County, like say Tuscanny for instance.

The Viking DLC I think will have an earlier start date in the 800's. It is called Old Gods or something if you want to google and read about it.

--Andy

Wait, there's a country called Sweden in 1066?? That was news for me, what historians did they consult when they made this game? lol (not expecting you to answer for that Andy ;))
Lieutenant Gillipig

PreviousNext

Return to Babble-On Five